Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Are most of the Eastern Massachusetts beer leagues in Boston? I live thirty minutes north of Boston and want to know what the closest beer league to me would be. Dirty socks is only for drop in games, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Vargatron posted:

Anybody in Charlotte playing at Pineville tonight at 10:45? I'll be out there breaking in my shiny new Vaughn pads. Will also be letting in a lot of soft goals so it will be a D League snipers dream.

I'm recovering from surgery but let me know how the Friday night skate is. I've only been to the Saturday night games.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Thufir posted:

you could probably just use a cable organizer velcro loop, or one of those things for bike commuters to keep their pants out of the chain http://www.amazon.com/TOMOUNT-ROSWH...2PPV1C3548EMPQA

Oh yeah, that second idea would probably work if I sewed it on, thanks!

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

V for Vegans posted:

Are most of the Eastern Massachusetts beer leagues in Boston? I live thirty minutes north of Boston and want to know what the closest beer league to me would be. Dirty socks is only for drop in games, right?

Stinky socks is what you mean I think, right? I believe they also do leagues because I got an email from them saying spring/summer league sign ups were happening soon. I'm south shore so I can't really help you with which rinks have leagues and whatnot but I believe Stinky Socks has them.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I think they just need to up the drops higher than Diablo III because right now they feel about the same per monster. That said you never run train through hundreds of enemies like you do in Diablo III.

If anything they should make certain weapon perks less lovely to give more choice.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

cool post, nerd

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I disagree, I'm getting pretty elite drops. Just last night after a solid Torment scrum in the corner I got a set of gloves that gave me +12 Slapshot Power to complete my Bauer set. I had to transmogrify them to match my other colors.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I play in a beer clan, we play for an hour or so and get piss drunk later.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
How do I up my endurance stat?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cool, my Silver A plans came through. RIP my illustrious Bronze league career as I move up. I'm going to get drunk and fight some LTP motherfucker in my last Bronze game just to prove my dominance.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Cool, my Silver A plans came through. RIP my illustrious Bronze league career as I move up. I'm going to get drunk and fight some LTP motherfucker in my last Bronze game just to prove my dominance.

Make sure you record it.

Duke Chin posted:

How do I up my endurance stat?

Ask her to lie to her friends.

Brettbot
Sep 18, 2006

After All The Prosaic Waiting... The Sun Finally Crashes Into The Earth.

V for Vegans posted:

I play with The Hockey Academy in Nashua, NH. It's right over the border, right off the highway, might be worth looking into.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Habibi posted:

Make sure you record it.

Ask her to lie to her friends.

What girlfriends? HEY OH! :rimshot:

...:qq:

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001

V for Vegans posted:

In addition to the answers you already have, also look at NESHL to see if anything works out for you.
http://northboston1.stats.pointstreak.com/players-leagues.html?leagueid=1238

Edit: New season north of boston NESHL draft info
North of Boston - April 27, 9:30 pm at Malden Forum

EvilTwig fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 28, 2016

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Sweet, thanks guys. I'll do some research and see which one is most convenient/ looks most fun.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I put up a 5 spot against half my summer team in the playoffs last night. Would've had 6 but I managed to bounce it off my teammates stick who was in front of the wide open net I shot at. Feels good, man.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

communist kangaroo posted:

Our previous goalie liked to sit on the ice with a thousand yard stare after goals against and wait until everyone was lined up at center ice to get back up and it was my most favorite thing ever

"y'all bad, dont screen me or come within 5 ft of the net and let me take the shots"
*lets in 6 easy goals*
"man wtf no support. y'all are so bad"

^ actual quotes from that goalie

Wonder_Bread
Dec 21, 2006
Fresh Baked Goodness!

EvilTwig posted:

In addition to the answers you already have, also look at NESHL to see if anything works out for you.
http://northboston1.stats.pointstreak.com/players-leagues.html?leagueid=1238

Edit: New season north of boston NESHL draft info
North of Boston - April 27, 9:30 pm at Malden Forum

One of the leagues around here has a reputation for being lovely and thunderdome-esque. I think it was NESHL, but I don't remember.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

AAB posted:

"y'all bad, dont screen me or come within 5 ft of the net and let me take the shots

^ actual quotes from that goalie

I would tell the other team the plan at the face off and learn him a lesson, especially if he's already let in 4+ softies and the game is out of reach.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Semi-thunderdomey:
I was carrying the puck behind the other team's net last night. One of their D-men tried to sticklift me, but missed and got her stick up under my arm. She couldn't get her stick out from between my arm and body (I may have been holding it slightly to try to get a hooking call...) and ended up just punching me in the back of the head. She got tossed for head contact. Yeesh.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Semi-thunderdomey:
I was carrying the puck behind the other team's net last night. One of their D-men tried to sticklift me, but missed and got her stick up under my arm. She couldn't get her stick out from between my arm and body (I may have been holding it slightly to try to get a hooking call...) and ended up just punching me in the back of the head. She got tossed for head contact. Yeesh.

Should've dropped the gloves. Now she owns you forever.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Took a slapped to the inside of my knee, just above the hard shell. Had to let the numb pain wear off for a few minute but I limped out for the last 3 minutes (we only had 7 skaters and another guy took a shot to his heel right after me.) Stiffened up real good overnight, it's huge now. Been elevating, icing, and taking ibuprofen. Am I missing anything? I haven't had a sports injury since soccer in middle school.

Also how long should I expect to be unable to walk? 48hrs?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

sellouts posted:

cool post, nerd

In my defence, I'm retarded

Also 300lb Hodor continued to Hodor last night and intentionally hauled down our 150 tiny skill guy. He then stopped when he was body checked into utter demolishment.

doctor 7 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 29, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Loqieu posted:

Should've dropped the gloves. Now she owns you forever.

A mere fistfight is too civilized for that league, the proper response is going Paul Bunyan with his stick.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nitramster posted:

Took a slapped to the inside of my knee, just above the hard shell. Had to let the numb pain wear off for a few minute but I limped out for the last 3 minutes (we only had 7 skaters and another guy took a shot to his heel right after me.) Stiffened up real good overnight, it's huge now. Been elevating, icing, and taking ibuprofen. Am I missing anything? I haven't had a sports injury since soccer in middle school.

Also how long should I expect to be unable to walk? 48hrs?

You really can't walk? I've been hit by a whole lot of pucks and I don't think I was ever not able to walk the next day because of it.

Also I caught a slapshot last night, because I'm really smart, and now my hand hurts a lot.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

bewbies posted:

You really can't walk? I've been hit by a whole lot of pucks and I don't think I was ever not able to walk the next day because of it.

Also I caught a slapshot last night, because I'm really smart, and now my hand hurts a lot.

Took another hard slapshot off the laces last night. Skated away looking like a bad rear end champ, thanks shot blockers. :smug:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Teammate took a shot off the inside of his heel the other night, took him a couple minutes to scrape himself off the ice and was whining about it the rest of the game.

I pointed at my skate fenders and asked if he thought they were still a dumb idea and he insisted they wouldn't have helped.

:shrug:

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Stopped a breakaway on Friday night blocker side then slid across crease to stop the follow up wraparound. Probably the best save sequence in my short goalie career. Breaking in new pads sucks though.

If I played out above D league I'd definitely get skate fenders or something. I've took a hard wrister to the inner thigh and it did not feel good. Couldn't imagine a full slapper.

Fingers McGee posted:

I'm recovering from surgery but let me know how the Friday night skate is. I've only been to the Saturday night games.

The skate at Pineville is usually a C level skate while Extreme Ice has more B players thrown into the mix. I try and make the earlier skates on the weekends since I have to drive 2 loving hours to play.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

i blocked 6 shots last night because i had to play defense.

shockingly the one caught me head on on the toe box which didn't hurt my foot at all. my right leg looks like i went paint balling

another shot rode up my stick and got me right in the finger and now i understand how people break their fingers because it hurt and wasn't even shot that hard

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

sellouts posted:

i blocked 6 shots last night because i had to play defense.

shockingly the one caught me head on on the toe box which didn't hurt my foot at all. my right leg looks like i went paint balling

another shot rode up my stick and got me right in the finger and now i understand how people break their fingers because it hurt and wasn't even shot that hard

I broke my left index finger on a shot that slipped under my blocker. That poo poo's not fun. Hands are really sensitive.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

Teammate took a shot off the inside of his heel the other night, took him a couple minutes to scrape himself off the ice and was whining about it the rest of the game.

I pointed at my skate fenders and asked if he thought they were still a dumb idea and he insisted they wouldn't have helped.

:shrug:

Haha "absolutely would not have done what they are designed to do." Skate fenders do look goofy to me but one guy broke his foot blocking a shot and bought a pair. He really likes them.

I like my shot blockers because they're really low profile. Only way you notice is if you see me tying my skates. It's amazing the difference they make. I decided to buy them when I took two passes off laces back to back in drop in. Hurt like hell. More than when I took a really, really hard slap shot off them with my shot blockers on. The slapshot resulted in audible groans from the bench while I skated away like it was not big thing (it was kind of a thing but the pain was "eh" instead of "please call an ambulance I have shattered my foot).

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So I sprained my ankle skiing pretty bad on Friday. It happened around noon and I skied on it the whole day without noticing until I took my boot off at the end and I was like wow that feels weird. By Friday night it hurt so much I couldn't put any weight on my right leg. I had hockey Sunday but I ended up skipping it and basically sat on my couch all weekend elevating and icing my ankle.

Fast forward to today and it doesn't hurt to walk anymore and we have our next game on Friday. Would I be an idiot to throw a brace on it and try to skate less than a week after hurting it?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Whole lotta pansies in this thread.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Pleads posted:

Yep.

Medical advice for everyone: rub some snow on it and get back out there.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Pleads posted:

Glad we didn't have to retrofit your car with hand controls after Wednesday's game

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Vargatron posted:

I broke my left index finger on a shot that slipped under my blocker. That poo poo's not fun. Hands are really sensitive.

You have a blocker on your left hand? You have way more issues then sensitive hands.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Wooty posted:

You have a blocker on your left hand? You have way more issues then sensitive hands.

I'm right handed but I catch right. I tried it the other way and it didn't feel natural at all. I'm weird I guess.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I finally managed to win a B2 fall season as a goalie. Of course it was with the most dominant, dry, and piss'n'vinegar team in the league.

Still, feels good man.

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001

Wonder_Bread posted:

One of the leagues around here has a reputation for being lovely and thunderdome-esque. I think it was NESHL, but I don't remember.

Noone ever poo poo in someone else's glove in Thunderdome, but if they did, I'd bet it was the pig murdering guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

bewbies posted:

Well the knee is 2x the size of my other one, and completely frozen in place. My knee cap feels like it's floating on a pillow of painful blood. I can put weight on it if I'm not moving, but cant bend the knee at all.

The shot hit the bone directly and must've had a hell of a reaction banging ever other thing in the knee.