Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Glazier posted:

What's up with Toronto? They've had AirPods in stock at the Eaton Centre for almost an hour.

canadians are idiots and they're just making sure tclberry didn't already make a maple leafs (Source exclusive!!1!) set first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

chome will use 16 gb of ram displaying google.com somehow so no surprise there

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
serious browser question what shoul I be using on a 2011 MacBook Air and an iPhone 6 if stupid chrome has all my passwords and cookies

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

1password

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lastpass

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
is that the one that shows stuff on the watchOS touch bar?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

serious browser question what shoul I be using on a 2011 MacBook Air and an iPhone 6 if stupid chrome has all my passwords and cookies

safari and icloud keychain

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

is that the one that shows stuff on the watchOS touch bar?

maybe? probably? who cares

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

your mum

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

poty posted:

safari and icloud keychain

A mix of these; depending on what/how you like to keep stuff -- I don't like keeping logins in my browsers but I like bookmark syncing and such

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

no not my cookies

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

no not my cookies

I enjoy the streamlined experience and relevant ads I receive on the websites I frequent

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I enjoy the streamlined experience and relevant ads I receive on the websites I frequent

chrome does not sync cookies between devices.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

even apple featured it in their one keynote and they make a password syncer

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol if you trust apple's opinions on software

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
lol if you dont give all your passwords to an ad company

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
keychain works fine for me

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

keychain works fine for me
it doesnt have a windows client

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
good

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i keep all my passwords in my head

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol imagine paying for this and then you have to pay again in a bit

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
my voice is my passport

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

if you go to maps.apple.com on anything but iOS it redirects to google maps

a small lol but a lol nonetheless.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i dislike the idea of paying a subscription service to store my passwords

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i know there's a license but its like $65 or something so lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

triple sulk posted:

i know there's a license but its like $65 or something so lol

didn't there used to be a rule about posts like this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can sum1 tell me how this works - wife was tryna look at a webpage in ios safari (over wifi) but somehow vodafone (cell isp) dumps a splash page saying please turn off wifi and use data only (better performance is the pathetic excuse) and refused to let her browse until i turned off data for her and forced wifi

how can the cell isp hijack when wifi is on and active? shouldn't wifi be the default if it's available?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

echinopsis posted:

can sum1 tell me how this works - wife was tryna look at a webpage in ios safari (over wifi) but somehow vodafone (cell isp) dumps a splash page saying please turn off wifi and use data only (better performance is the pathetic excuse) and refused to let her browse until i turned off data for her and forced wifi

how can the cell isp hijack when wifi is on and active? shouldn't wifi be the default if it's available?

Sounds like they are hikacking WiFi assist, have you already tried turning it off?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

lol imagine paying for this and then you have to pay again in a bit

You only pay again if you want a family package, try again.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

lmao that's hosed up

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

if stupid chrome has all my passwords

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Glazier posted:

Sounds like they are hikacking WiFi assist, have you already tried turning it off?

i wonder how

are you still using cellular vodafone's DNS servers via wifi during wifi assist, and they see DNS queries from another source?

that's so loving slimey

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/NAR/status/814879009200685056

this is fine

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

sounds like capitalism to me, op

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

if you go to maps.apple.com on anything but iOS it redirects to google maps

a small lol but a lol nonetheless.

it's not a "lol" it's a silent way to make apple maps links usable on non-Apple devices. on iOS + macOS, links like https://maps.apple.com?q=Toronto open Maps.app, on anything else, they defer to Google Maps automatically without nagging the user or making them do anything. it's actually really handy in some cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

I'm assuming you have a different provider for the land line?

no clue how they're managing to hijack it otherwise and yeah that's extremely slimy

• Locked thread