Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I cannot care about that director getting fired

I cannot

Please stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

a cyberpunk goose posted:

I cannot care about that director getting fired

I cannot

Please stop

I am incapable of caring about the director of the MCU's two shittiest movies, but anything that empowers Thernovich is worth upending.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I am incapable of caring about the director of the MCU's two shittiest movies, but anything that empowers Thernovich is worth upending.

Since when were we talking about Joss Whedon?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I Before E posted:

Since when were we talking about Joss Whedon?

I suppose there's no point ranking the nadir.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

yikes.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/alexjs85/status/1021452533116567552?s=21

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If you like GotG you're dumber than the chuds.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
it is good to me that Disney fires someone at the behest of the antisemitic, racist, probable rapist gorilla man

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Also good that rifling through the posts of outspoken celebs in blatant bad faith to get them in trouble is the only praxis that gets swift results right now and everything else is like beating your head against a wall

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The new chapo is exactly the kind of thing I started listening to chapo for. That opening is an all time great.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I had to rewind when Matt said that it was actually from the about section of Ozy Media's website

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

TheBigAristotle posted:

I had to rewind when Matt said that it was actually from the about section of Ozy Media's website

I had to pull over because I laughed for like five minutes straight when he said that it was real.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wish I hadn't been spoiled on that twist by these forums.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wish I hadn't been spoiled on that twist by these forums.

Listen to the show before you read posts my dude

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah, learning that it wasn't just a bit they wrote was shocking.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

I'm hooting and hollering thinking of 'Do not go gentle in to that good night' being re purposed as an ad for tactical flashlights.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

ouch i burned myself on this searing hot take while also cutting myself on the edge

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

TheBigAristotle posted:

Matt's delivery and that background music were immaculate

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If you like GotG you're dumber than the chuds.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to watch those dumb marvel movies to know what you guys are talking about so OWNED

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

They're fun movies, friend

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jackie D posted:

They're fun movies, friend

"Fun" is counterrevolutionary.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it’s more saying guardians are the worst marvel movies is hilariously dumb. even if they’re all bad guardians are definitely the least bad.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

It's all the same twee bullshit, but Guardians is at least the only one I could watch five random minutes of and probably know which marvel movie I'm watching

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

It's all the same twee bullshit, but Guardians is at least the only one I could watch five random minutes of and probably know which marvel movie I'm watching

If it looked like literal Halloween costumes in a TV show you're watching one of the Whedon ones.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It seems I've run afoul of the Guardians of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun sucks rear end

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Gynocentric Regime posted:

I had to pull over because I laughed for like five minutes straight when he said that it was real.

I was too shocked to even laugh. I basically froze on the bus thinking 'No. No freaking way."

Centrism has reached its own level of Poe.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I enjoyed those guardians of the galaxy movies they seemed fine to me, ok later

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
the GOG movies were honestly the only marvel movies, i actually consider good movies on their own as movies. also for the most part you can watch them independently of the other marvel stuff and gets whats going on.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

prefect posted:

"Fun" is counterrevolutionary.

Can't wait for prefect's past as an Alex Jones writer to be dredged up after a TERF flavored meltdown.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was a comedy space adventure for the whole family about how coming from an abusive home messes you up and makes relationships difficult.

So it's fun to see tiresome nerds say poo poo like "oh good, now Gunn can go back to making interesting movies" when his non-Marvel movies are like, a good schlock horror movie, Battle Royale in a building, and a segment of Movie 43.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Guy Goodbody posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was a comedy space adventure for the whole family about how coming from an abusive home messes you up and makes relationships difficult.

So it's fun to see tiresome nerds say poo poo like "oh good, now Gunn can go back to making interesting movies" when his non-Marvel movies are like, a good schlock horror movie, Battle Royale in a building, and a segment of Movie 43.

Excuse me there were lasers and a budget in that marvel movie, clearly it was the morally bankrupt film.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Guy Goodbody posted:

Slither and Super were both amazing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Fun sucks rear end

I dunno, We Are Young was ok and I think their self titled might still hold up

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
James Gunn makes good movies. Disney makes bad choices. Chernovich is an rear end in a top hat.

I would have liked to see more Guardians from Gunn and I don't think being able to fire people on the spot for lovely tweets they made 10 years ago is a sign of good labour laws, but I don't feel bad that he's suffering some consequences for acting like a dick. Of course, Disney should not have hired him in the first place if they were not down with that poo poo; no way they don't have some intern vet the prospective talents social media presence. Hell, mine gets a look when I apply to a job and I am nobody.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 25, 2018

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1021872259051520001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Biomute posted:

James Gunn makes good movies. Disney makes bad choices. Chernovich is an rear end in a top hat.

I would have liked to see more Guardians from Gunn and I don't think being able to fire people on the spot for lovely tweets they made 10 years ago is a sign of good labour laws, but I don't feel bad that he's suffering some consequences for acting like a dick. Of course, Disney should not have hired him in the first place if they were not down with that poo poo; no way they don't have some intern vet the prospective talents social media presence. Hell, mine gets a look when I apply to a job and I am nobody.

Not only that, they have shifted to the guy who writes Rick and Morty. I don't watch the show and know nothing about the guy, but believing that any number of scalps will mollify the chuds is dumb to a suicidal level. They are in it for the blood.