Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

spit on my clit posted:

ok but why though? Eliminating car polution, thats a solid reason to fight for, self driving cars could even help reduce that. Just think about some uber-like program where one car can fit like five people, you could carpool like hell with those.

That sounds hellish. If I wanted to be crammed into a small vehicle with people I don't like I'd take the bus/train.

also if your starting model is based on uber, you're dooming yourself to failure. Uber is not a business, they are just a bunch of anti-taxi blowhards who will be so much worse to both employees and customers once they accomplish their goal of eliminating taxis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Ban all motorized vehicles.
Let's go back to walking, cycling, or using horses and buggies.
Fewer accidents, fewer deaths and permanent injuries, less pollution in the air.
Ban cars, ban trucks, ban boats, ban airplanes, ban trains.
If you need to go to work miles away from where you live, either wake up earlier or get your legs in shape.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Uber has increased car pollution, you dim bulb!

Why won't it happen? Seriously. If somebody has a self driving car, they just need to pop into a store real quick, there's no free parking spaces close by, why wouldn't they tell the car to circle the block? Who would stop them from doing that?

my god...i should have seen it coming, I knew it all along, you're actually the guy who played "The opposition to the cartoonist" in this comic! My god, I'm in the presence of a hero.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That sounds hellish. If I wanted to be crammed into a small vehicle with people I don't like I'd take the bus/train.

also if your starting model is based on uber, you're dooming yourself to failure. Uber is not a business, they are just a bunch of anti-taxi blowhards who will be so much worse to both employees and customers once they accomplish their goal of eliminating taxis.

I'm just spitballing, yeah saying "like uber" is bad, the same way describing a board game as "like RISK" is bad, but what I'm trying to say is "what if it was like uber but not poo poo?"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I was with you until you insulted the greatest strategy game and best way to kill an entire weekend of all time.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My PHOU is that I love you all, and I hope you love yourselves as much as I love you.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I was with you until you insulted the greatest strategy game and best way to kill an entire weekend of all time.

look man i got a board game rotting in my closet because one of the morons from my group said "oh its like risk" and the others all immediately rejected it

re-reading my post it does come off as me saying RISK is poo poo. i apologize, RISK is not poo poo and is one of the best games I remember playing on windows 98 of all time

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

RISK is good because of the Seinfeld joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Ban all cars IMO. Take the train, or better yet live within walking distance of your "stuff".

Rip everyone born somewhere without public transit or in a rural area

Pastry of the Year posted:

My PHOU is that I love you all, and I hope you love yourselves as much as I love you.

You idiots are all my forever friends, and the ones from the PYF “complain about things” threads, my best friends of all

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 22:57 on May 28, 2019

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Pastry of the Year posted:

I love you too.
All of you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The worst part of playing risk with people who don't "get it" is when they introduce custom rules to make it go faster.

It's not supposed to be fast. Stop ruining it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

doverhog posted:

Take the train, or better yet live within walking distance of your "stuff".

But if you spend money to live closer to where you work people will call you awful gentrifying yuppie :ohdear:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I feel safe when I see a Soul Cycle. gently caress preserving culture and all NIMBYs

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I agree that we should ban self driving cars, jabberwockies, and other imaginary terrors, just in case.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

(technological) progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
you are all my nakamas you baka bastards

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

(technological) progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged.

Sounds like someone has never ridden the boring Tomorrowland train in Disney World

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sounds like someone has never ridden the boring Tomorrowland train in Disney World

When my family and I went to Disneyland over 20 years ago, we were standing in line for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
A father with his two young children were walking on the other side of the chain separating the in/out lines.
The man looked at my dad and said "That sure was a wild ride!"
So of course, as a kid, I became excited.
We got to the front and the operator waved us through.
We entered the cart, and the ride began.
That's when I learned the meaning of sarcasm.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

No one mentioned Monopoly.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

christmas boots posted:

No one mentioned Monopoly.

Monopoly is only fun when people aren't dicks about it. There are always people who refuse to trade at all out of spite, and the rest will give unfair trades to the opponent of whoever's hotel they landed on first out of spite. I can't remember a monopoly game where people actually made trades that made sense for both parties. It always devolves into a game of "gently caress that guy", where "that guy" is whoever gets an early lead and everyone teams up on them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Monopoly is only fun when people aren't dicks about it. There are always people who refuse to trade at all out of spite, and the rest will give unfair trades to the opponent of whoever's hotel they landed on first out of spite. I can't remember a monopoly game where people actually made trades that made sense for both parties. It always devolves into a game of "gently caress that guy", where "that guy" is whoever gets an early lead and everyone teams up on them.

yeah i ate rear end but now i have figured out why the capitalist system is bad

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like Monopoly, but I don't think a game has ever reached a natural conclusion. Always seems to be a few people quitting or one drunk person loudly declaring the game is now boring.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like Monopoly, but I don't think a game has ever reached a natural conclusion. Always seems to be a few people quitting or one drunk person loudly declaring the game is now boring.

Even if you try to institute a no quitting rule (and I have tried it), they just get around it by making the aforementioned awful trades like "i'll trade you (the underdog) all my properties for your get out of jail free card". You can even try to put trades up for a vote and it still won't work because the number of bitter people who want it to end fast is always bigger than the people who are enjoying it (because they are winning).

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
PHUO: Monopoly is the most perfectly designed game ever and that is why I will never play it again without being compensated a minimum of $60 per hour.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Even if you try to institute a no quitting rule (and I have tried it), they just get around it by making the aforementioned awful trades like "i'll trade you (the underdog) all my properties for your get out of jail free card". You can even try to put trades up for a vote and it still won't work because the number of bitter people who want it to end fast is always bigger than the people who are enjoying it (because they are winning).

never ever play it with your dad, got it

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year sighs as he unsheathes his katana

MONOPOLY IS SUPPOSED TO BE BAD

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I'm serious, if some hedge fund manager wants to spend a hundred thousand dollars getting led up a mountain by the hand by sherpas solely for the benefit of having done something that sounds impressive, and then they fuckin die when they get into "The Death Zone", so named because it's the part of the mountain where you can just fuckin die, that's not sad. It's funny and good.

https://www.theonion.com/world-populace-actually-fine-with-rich-people-dying-on-1835075562

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

There should be some way to easily know your clothing size and compare it to items online so you can order that poo poo online without having to doubt whether itll fit or having to return it or having to go to a loathsome clothes store irl

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

spit on my clit posted:

I feel that watermelon is not better with salt. It is best in its purest state.

who's gonna buy such expensive cars just to take up space and bully out like $3-7 from each individual person? The most expensive I've seen a parking space go is like $7 on the weekends, but even that would take quite a bit of time to pay off even one of these self driving cars.

in short: a no-name nobody reported some nonsense to npr without thinking about how loving stupid it is to say what he said.

Whoa. Where do you live?

In Atlanta it's always cheaper to Lyft, because parking is a bare minimum of $7 and usually at least $10 - with spurts up to $20-25 if there's a big event somewhere nearby. I can get just about anywhere I'd want to go for a $4 Lyft.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shibawanko posted:

There should be some way to easily know your clothing size and compare it to items online so you can order that poo poo online without having to doubt whether itll fit or having to return it or having to go to a loathsome clothes store irl

There's usually a size chart with actual measurements in inches/cm. At least for all the clothes I've bought online anyways.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Shibawanko posted:

lol if you don't exclusively wear ponchos and pants with ropes for belts made by Enrique.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The only fun part of Monopoly (and Life and that war on terror game and all other games with fake money) is getting to be the banker and seeing how much cash you can steal while filling out payments.

I’ve won multiple games against friends and family while just brazenly taking money out of the bank.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
My Elo in chess went way up once I realised you can put your pieces back on the board if you distract your opponent

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If you think Metal Gear Solid 2 is a bad game you shouldn't ever voice your opinions on art in public ever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

If you think Metal Gear Solid 2 is a bad game you shouldn't ever voice your opinions on art in public ever.

its not art its a game

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gripweed posted:

MGS2 is the most fun to talk about but it's the worst to actually play, but it's still better than most games.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The only fun part of Monopoly (and Life and that war on terror game and all other games with fake money) is getting to be the banker and seeing how much cash you can steal while filling out payments.

I’ve won multiple games against friends and family while just brazenly taking money out of the bank.

My friend's dad has a board game that is designed just like Monopoly, but it's all about buying, selling, and trading drugs.
It's called something like Weedy's Dope Dealing Game, I can't remember.
On some squares, you're required to take a hit, on others you make someone else take one, and the whole time you're pushing large amounts of pot, hash, coke, etc.
The rules specifically encourage you to lie, cheat, and steal.
It's great fun.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If you break open a bag of chips and some of them fall on the floor, it is your duty as the bag opener to eat those chips before doing anything else w/r/t the bag of chips.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

If you break open a bag of chips and some of them fall on the floor, it is your duty as the bag opener to eat those chips before doing anything else w/r/t the bag of chips.

:haibrow:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

If you open a bag of chips with enough force that they spill you need to chill the gently caress out. The bag isn't nearly strong enough to require anything more than a gentle motion to open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If you do it with force the whole thing is gonna split open, that's not what I mean. I opened a bag gently just a few moments before writing the post and managed to spill a few, and ate them.