Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bust Rodd posted:

Inviting the shittier lurkers in the thread to pull up their old transphobic posts to throw in their face later seems like a bad idea

Maybe, but they’ve already acknowledged they wrote terrible things and expressed sincere regret. Someone finds the posts, so what? “Yes, I wrote awful things and I really wish I hadn’t”

A non-anonymous apology might mean that some people who read and/or were hurt by the original posts can see that OP changed their minds and is genuinely sorry. And as far as I am concerned, the more people who admit to being wrong and changing their minds about stuff, the better. It shows that one doesn’t have to cling to wrong opinions.

To reiterate, OP isn’t wrong for not publicly apologising. They’ve come a long way and should be commended. I just wonder if they could go a bit further.

PinheadSlim posted:

Do ya know what thread you're in? I feel stupid asking because you have 4 pages worth of posts in this thread but clealry there's something loose in you're head

Oh gee, silly me. In most cases I understand why confessions are anonymous. I am not sure that anonymity is best in this case. You should feel stupid for asking, and for making at least two stupid mistakes when writing a short post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

therattle fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If they don't want to be public with it, they shouldn't be coerced into it. It's their decision to make, not yours or any of us. Drop it.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

therattle posted:

Maybe, but they’ve already acknowledged they wrote terrible things and expressed sincere regret. Someone finds the posts, so what? “Yes, I wrote awful things and I really wish I hadn’t”

A non-anonymous apology might mean that some people who read and/or were hurt by the original posts can see that OP changed their minds and is genuinely sorry. And as far as I am concerned, the more people who admit to being wrong and changing their minds about stuff, the better. It shows that one doesn’t have to cling to wrong opinions.

To reiterate, OP isn’t wrong for not publicly apologising. They’ve come a long way and should be commended. I just wonder if they could go a bit further.

Oh gee, silly me. In most cases I understand why confessions are anonymous. I am not sure that anonymity is best in this case. You should feel stupid for asking, and for making at least two stupid mistakes when writing a short post.

lmbo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is why people don’t apologize on the internet, it’s literally LITERALLY never enough

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Bust Rodd posted:

This is why people don’t apologize on the internet, it’s literally LITERALLY never enough

Maybe, but if it’s anonymous it’s not really an apology, is it? It’s a statement of regret and that someone has changed. An apology is when you tell people that you are sorry for what you’ve done: it requires that the apologiser is known to the victim. If that isn’t the case it’s just the offending party getting something off their chest. That something might be commendable but it’s not an apology.
An example might be if you got injured in a hit and run. Would you consider an anonymous apology from the driver, which said how bad they felt and that they’d changed how they drove, as a real and satisfying apology? Or would you think that they were more assuaging their guilt than anything else?

Take a look at these, for example (apart from the lunatic 2nd answer)

https://www.quora.com/Who-would-you-apologize-to-anonymously

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's nice. It's not your decision to make.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's nice. It's not your decision to make.

Completely true! I’ll leave it at that. I’ve made my point and others can choose to agree with me or not.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am literally begging you to stop going on Quora in 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

therattle posted:

Completely true! I’ll leave it at that. I’ve made my point and others can choose to agree with me or not.

Your point is dumb

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
It makes me happy that a relatively benign fesh resulted in this many posts. Would it have been braver to go the non-anonymous route? sure. But I kinda get it.

I've got a couple somethings else to post, but one is somewhat sexually graphic. Spoiler tags? I can't recall how these things have been done.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Spoiler tags and content/trigger warnings, I think? Maybe PM a mod to be double sure.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

therattle posted:

An example might be if you got injured in a hit and run. Would you consider an anonymous apology from the driver, which said how bad they felt and that they’d changed how they drove, as a real and satisfying apology?

Yes. Anonymity does not equal insincerity.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
Frantically refreshing gbs for a post titled: “Hi, I’m permabanned poster Transstomper58…”

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I, living human person with the real legal name "hosed-up little dog", would like to bravely unanonymously apologise for my bad posts on this interzone

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bout time

burial
Sep 13, 2002

No backlog means we get what we get! If the next confession were a podcast I guess the disclaimer would be "frank discussion of sex" or something. I don't know that it really needs spoiler tags but if I waited until I felt sure I'd never post at all.

quote:

I've been sexually active as a gay man for about 8 years at this point, and for the thr majority of that, I've been a bottom. I remember the first time I had sex as a bottom, it was in southern California, with a man in his early 40s, about twice my age. He was attractive and well put together, and he was house sitting for a friend. I exchanged messages with him on Scruff, and he was interested in messing around.

He picked me up in his car, which was kind of a little terrifying at the time, and truth told, maybe not the smartest thing I ever did. It wouldn't be the last unwise thing I did that evening. He drove us over to that house, and we got high on weed. After making out in bed naked for a while doing nonpenetrative things, I ended got into a good position for him to penetrate me while we were kissing, and the man had enough precum to work his way in. His dick was pretty big too, bigger than mine by at least an inch, so this was a considerable amount he was producing. It wasn't something we planned or discussed previously, but I was practically begging for it from him, and he indulged me.

Being extremely high and being hosed for the first time, I apparently was very loud in my moaning and such, because he got worried and asked me to quiet down several times. Makes sense, as he was house sitting for a woman, might raise odd questions with her neighbors if were to hear what is obviously a man getting hosed. She might not appreciate that.

Yelling or not, I continued to take it from him for quite a while, to the point that he expressed admiration for my endurance. It took him forever to cum, apparently at least in part because of the weed. It wasn't smart to have sex with a stranger bareback, this was a few years before PrEP was a common thing, but drat if it didn't feel extremely intimate to have him in my like that, and getting that load is one of those things that is permanently etched into my memory, one of of those things I still revisit in masturbation fantasies.

We talked for a bit after he came, and he assured me there was no way he had an STI,as he was in an unsatisfying gay marriage with a partner who was, at the time, no longer interested in having any sex, and it had been that way for years. Supposing what he told me was true, nutting in me was the first sex he had after a long dry spell. I felt less conflicted than perhaps I should have about taking part in helping that man cheat, but honestly, it was hard to feel too guilty about it, as I didn't know what I was doing beforehand. The thing that kind of surprises me in retrospect was that it didn't really bother me. Although the relationship sounded dysfunctional, I suppose I really should have cared that I wasn't helping matters. I hate to say it, but I also let him shoot another load in me after we talked for a bit, and I knew what I was doing then. At the time, I rationalized it to myself as, in for a penny, in for a pound, right? Not like their relationship was going to be any worse off for me getting hosed a second time that night. I still don't know how to feel about it, but it's far enough in the past that there is nothing to be done about it. I don't even remember the man's name.

Anyway, I don't know if the man's sob story was true or not, but I made a point of getting an STI screening at my earliest convenience. I was clean, so either I lucked out, or that man was telling the truth. He extended an offer to visit him in another city when I was passing through. Apparently he had gotten divorced, and remembering how much he liked having sex was part of that. I declined. Not for any ethical reasons, I just got a vague sense he had problems I didn't want to deal with. Better to just remember him as a sexual fantasy. Cleaner that way. Also, when we hosed the second time, he put on freaking Enya. Can you believe that poo poo?

I suppose I was thinking about this story because I'm going to be going back to a city I left a few years ago. A man I dated at the time I lived there had a very satisfying sexual relationship with me. He was always more into me than I was into him, and on some level I got off on that. I liked being wanted, liked having that kind of influence over him. Also liked it when he shot his loads in me, too.

He got married to another man in the years since I left. But, wouldn't you know it, now this guy is in a sexless marriage, going on a year strong. He messages me semiregularly. He wants to gently caress me again, and is hoping to somehow work out some kind of arrangement with his partner. I won't lie, we had extremely good sex together.

There's this thing about bottoming, at least for me, where I get a real kick out of knowing another man came because of my body. And his cock was one I had an excellent mastery of. He liked it best when I rode him while he lay on his back. It took a lot of vigorous effort, and I would have strain in my legs similar to after doing extremely heavy weighted squats, because it also took a lot of effort to get him to cum, as well. In his case, I think it's from SSRIs. But he always had extremely intense orgasms, and I always found that satisfying.

On that note, it strikes me as odd, reflecting on my sexuality, that the sensation of being hosed itself doesn't actually pleasure me all that much. A dildo would do nothing for me. Only a penis, a sensitive thing that feels me inside, and reacts through ejaculation, gives me any kind of thrill. It is entirely psychological, what I get out of it. And I liked the knowledge of being aware I got this guy off, and feeling his cum inside me. The evidence of my success.

I am not sure what I'll do when I am back in that town. I suppose it would probably be smartest to not puzzle around with unconventional relationship dynamics with him, but I would be lying if I did not acknowledge I was tempted. I guess I will see what happens when I return.

"Hoping to somehow work out some kind of arrangement with his partner." Oh jeez.

There was no code phrase or anything, but this came in yesterday:

quote:

Transphobia apology guy here.

The reason I did it anonymously is partly because I abandoned that account years ago, along with quitting most other social media platforms to make a fresh start, and partly because relitigating all the stupid poo poo I said isn't going to help anyone.

I'm content to acknowledge it was hurtful to a lot of people, and try not to be a dickhead any more. I'm also planning on donating to LGBTQ+ organizations once I'm in a position to spare the money.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

burial posted:

No backlog means we get what we get! If the next confession were a podcast I guess the disclaimer would be "frank discussion of sex" or something. I don't know that it really needs spoiler tags but if I waited until I felt sure I'd never post at all.

"Hoping to somehow work out some kind of arrangement with his partner." Oh jeez.

There was no code phrase or anything, but this came in yesterday:

I’m glad we got a follow-up. That’s a totally understandable explanation. And changing one’s viewpoint like that is really hard, so should be commended.

Looking forward to the follow-up from the one above where they try to make an arrangement…

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

burial posted:

My money is on that this is going to end up being really ugly, I hope we get a follow-up.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

burial posted:

:words:

Dear Penthouse Forum, I never thought it would happen to me, but...

burial
Sep 13, 2002

New stuff!

quote:

When I was 5 years old I had an irrational but extremely strong fear of poisoned toilet seats. Looking back, I suspect it had something to do with me being a big germaphobe as a kid because I wasn't generally paranoid about anything else, but I remember having an overwhelming dread of "what if someone put a layer of poison on the toilet seat that will seep into my skin and kill me?" I couldn't even poop at my best friend's house because he might be secretly trying to kill me.

Anyway, one day in kindergarten I had to poop real bad. I remember standing in the bathroom, pants around my ankles (still buttoned because I wasn't strong enough to button them back up), weighing my options: poop, but maybe die? Seemed pretty risky, so I did what anyone would do in that situation. I pooped on the floor, took a look at my shame, flipped off the lights and left.

The only other memory I have of this situation is two girls coming up and saying "ewww, did you hear what [weird poor kid] did? He pooped on the floor!" and I felt bad about him taking the heat, so I sheepishly told them no he didn't. When they asked how I knew, I had to admit that it was me. At least I think that's what I did, maybe I said "grooooss!" and my brain made up the part where I owned up to it, but I think I remember being horribly embarrassed in front of them.

I don't remember if my teacher or parents found out about it, but eventually the phobia shifted from "murder plot" to "gonna put some toilet paper on the seat in case it's gross" at least.

I guess it's this many years later and you got a stranger to wish you'd found a third option between scapegoating another kid and owning up to the floor poop. No one should have to live with that.

quote:

When we were young kids, my sister had three guppies.
She loved and took care of those fish, and I killed them.
I scooped each one out of the water, in my hand, and let them suffocate.
I don't know why I did it, I got no joy from it, and I haven't hurt a single living being since.
To this day, neither she nor my parents know why her fish suddenly died.

How young? I feel like I want that detail to matter.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

quote:

I have intrusive thoughts of saying "pog" or "poggers" out loud to describe something good

I am an actual adult, what is wrong with me

HOT OFF THE PRESSES

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

burial posted:

HOT OFF THE PRESSES

Chop your dick off

tell people it was "poggers"

all your problems are solved

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS

burial posted:

HOT OFF THE PRESSES

I have this problem too. There's something about "pog" that wants to roll off my tongue.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Cut your dick tongue off.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I don’t get the pog thing, I see it on discord where there’s a lot of younger people and it just seems like a replacement for “lol” or “kek” but it just seems even more unnatural to me. I’m gonna guess it’s probably something that whoever replaced pewdiepie as the millennial thought leader said on a live stream or something.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Oh OK, so this is just a much tamer version of that dude who needed to GET BEEFY

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I don’t get the pog thing, I see it on discord where there’s a lot of younger people and it just seems like a replacement for “lol” or “kek” but it just seems even more unnatural to me. I’m gonna guess it’s probably something that whoever replaced pewdiepie as the millennial thought leader said on a live stream or something.

PoG = “Play Of the Game” it’s a twitch gaming thing. The first game I heard adopt the term was Overwatch, but it may predate that, I never watched CSGo or Calladooty tournaments.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Pog or poggers comes naturally to me because I watch a fair bit of Twitch streams. The only controversy that I'm aware of is the emote that was originally used to represent the term. The guy who was featured in the og emote turned out to be problematic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PogChamp

burial
Sep 13, 2002

For a second, I was sure you were going to link a picture of Pogman. I really liked pogs.

quote:

I'm your typical goon. Depression, anxiety. And I'm loathe to suggest that I'm on the spectrum, but it feels like it sometimes. I'm nearing 40, and have never been tested, and I would like to be, just to have some sort of confirmation of why I am the way I am.
I tend to avoid long conversations, and have been known to just walk away (I swear it's always an accident) Like i say something to someone as I'm walking through the area, and they talk, and I reply.. and I keep walking but apparently they're still replying, and I don't really notice. Maybe it is just bad hearing.
I get kind of weird if people come into my space (I have an office, I share with 1 other. He is near the door, my desk is at the back) Sometimes people decide to come all the way back to my desk and stand behind me, where I have to turn to look at them. I get pretty uncomfortable, but I imagine that is normal.
my coworker is a talker, and he and I get along pretty okay, but he'll have 30 minute conversations with people at the door about the most random poo poo. it kind of gets on my nerves. i'm happy he can converse like that, but that isn't how I am at work. I keep it work related, and the faster the conversation can be over the better. I have a lot of front facing interactions at my work, and it's tedious, and it wears me out. When I get home, I don't want to speak to anyone, and just try to recharge my batteries for the next day.
I'm not real sure what my confession is. maybe that I think i'm on the spectrum, but have never been tested. It's a shame the whole tumblerite tried to co-opt autism as being special, because it just makes me not want to even think it's a possibility to me.
but poo poo is just weird. and i make comments that i find funny. to be fair, there are a few people that I crack up. but normally it's just me talking, versus me trying to say something funny.

I dunno, i just missed this thread, and wanted to unload a bit.

I'm glad you unloaded a bit! Genuine feshes are a rarity. Plus, being also close to 40 and curious about my brains, I can relate - except I think in my case I probably have one of the adult attention disorders.

I hope you can get over your hang-ups about the internet connotations of being on the spectrum and get it looked into. It's not like you'd have to tell anybody. Ideally, confirmation and access to a new toolkit would be affirming in some way?

Plus if you do it I'll feel guilty for not following my own advice.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Greetings, Anonymous Fellow Goon Who Might Be On The Spectrum But Has Never Been Diagnosed By A Professional

it sucks, yeah, because there's always that feeling (or maybe it's just me I dunno) that "well, gently caress, I'm too old now for a diagnosis to make any difference anyways, I'm already set in my ways," and that's not a fun thought to have to sit with

I have no useful advice beyond the always-universally-helpful "try chopping your dick off and see if that helps," sadly, but hey, maybe it helps to know you ain't the only one out there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Parts of that sounded like ADHD to me as an ADHD haver, but not all of it

It's not an either-or thing though, people can and often do have both

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Perhaps they are just introverted. I have workmates who are right chatterboxes, and I always wonder how they can conversate so much. Past a few cursory lines out of politeness, and talking about the weather, I'm a proper awkward goon and tend to move on rather quickly. I can understand that anonymous message somewhat.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

quote:

I look quite similar to a character from a TV show, which would be fantastic for a Halloween costume... Except it's the Nazi lady off of The Boys. You can't just dress up as a Nazi for Halloween, or people will think you actually like Nazis!

Happy Halloween, GBS Anonymous Confessions thread!

Aw, pumpkins.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I'm not a coward, I've just never been tested, I'd like to think that if I was I would pass. Look at the tested and think "There but for the grace go I". Might be a coward, I'm afraid of what I might find out :(

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
My anonymous confession is that I look like an attractive movie star. Please don't tell anyone.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Assuming “Nazi Lady from The Boys” isn’t her entire filmography, maybe you could dress as another character she played? Unless she only plays nazis?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

burial posted:

Aw, David SS Pumpkins.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Assuming “Nazi Lady from The Boys” isn’t her entire filmography, maybe you could dress as another character she played? Unless she only plays nazis?

She’s literally just a short Jewish woman with brown hair and a pretty face.

This came up in the thread during season 2, but I think this is a fine cosplay. Yeah, she’s a Nazi, but she’s also just a generic bad guy superhero, the only people who know she’s a Nazi are the people that watched the second season of a popular Amazon show, everyone else will just assume you’re a generic superhero, and I sincerely doubt if anyone who watched the boyz saw you dress up as a short woman with brown hair in a black suit, they wouldn’t think “hey that woman is Hitler! She’s probably a Nazi in real life”, they’d go “oh she’s playing stormfront from The Boyz!”

It’s not that different from someone going as Darth Vader, IMO

(I’m also Jewish, and I would stink-eye someone who just dressed up as Hitler for a costume party but I really don’t think dressing up as Stormfront is the same thing)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The nazi is bad, but homelander, noted child murderer, is also bad. I wonder if dressing up as him would elicit the same kind of thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had a ton of friends dress up as Bellatrix LeStrange when the Potter movies were big, which was just Helena Bonham Carter as a Nazi Witch, and these were all woke liberal Bernie/Warren supporters who loved Harry Potter (lol, lmao)