Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Spacemonkey57 posted:

It appears to be something that's owned by Kris Jenner based on that list. I'm surprised Sirius hasn't already thrown away $20M on a Kardashian Channel.

She's signing a $100m deal with E!, crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Crotch Bat posted:

Studio lights make people look terrible and he's not remotely as bad looking as he had been in some Nick & Artie videos.

If you want an actual shot of Artie at his worst go look up some of those. He's 40+lb heavier and sounds like he gargled a bag of rocks before each show.
Yeah, when I first saw him around that period, I knew he wasn't anything close to being sober. He looked dead.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

that mentally unstable obese drug addict looks like poo poo!!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

that mentally unstable obese drug addict looks like poo poo!!!

Why is the stereotypical junkie thin? Is it because they spend all their money on junk? I guess that would explain Artie; he's got enough money for heroin and food.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm probably going to see Artie next weekend. I can't wait to see how bad he looks.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

prefect posted:

Why is the stereotypical junkie thin? Is it because they spend all their money on junk? I guess that would explain Artie; he's got enough money for heroin and food.

Your stereotypical thin junkie is usually on crack or meth which will make you thin. Opiate junkies are all down to lifestyle as opiates slow the metabolism and induce a lot of fatigue meaning if you're a lazy person then opiates will basically make you a couch potato destined to gain weight. If you're still capable of being active and not eating terrible then you can keep the weight off.

Artie also has depression issues and food is likely a major part of it so I think even if he wasn't an addict he'd be overweight and constantly struggling with it.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 26, 2015

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

prefect posted:

Artie also drinks. But I imagine that most of it is from laying bed all day and eating pizza, pasta, chocolate bars, pancakes and chocolate shakes.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

To Battle posted:

Since all the Artie talk, here he is on Rogans Podcast Yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MrhsUTAnU8

Keep in mind they are the same age. At least Rogan is trying to convince him to turn his poo poo around, diet ext.

Cool, this time he told only about 5 of the same old stories he always tells.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

It appears to be something that's owned by Kris Jenner based on that list. I'm surprised Sirius hasn't already thrown away $20M on a Kardashian Channel.

Lloyd Braun is in charge as far as I know

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, this is me. I've seen tons of Howard TV clips and that's the Artie I'm used to. The Conan appearance was way worse.

Not that Artie's wardrobe has ever been something that was impressive, but I especially like the giveaway Super Bowl jacket from two years ago.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKikpZOh05U

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Gold.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second

To Battle posted:

Keep in mind they are the same age. At least Rogan is trying to convince him to turn his poo poo around, diet ext.

That looks more like heroin bloat than just being fat and out of shape to me.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

To Battle posted:

Artie is the King of All Excuses. Can't be bothered to find sponsors for his podcast, can't be bothered to make a good podcast, can't be bothered to take care of his drat self. He's such a big addict baby.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I'm just popping in to let you all know the guy is still on drugs. Ok thanks for listening bye

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

To Battle posted:

Not like anyone really needed confirmation, but Art is clearly back on the sauce here.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Listened to the Rogan podcast. I love Artie, but I burned out on him not too long ago. It's amazing that a guy who went through everything he went through lose himself so easily to apathy and lethargy. He made references to "withdrawals" in a joking fashion (sure), also talking about his podcast in a real flippant manner, yet - genuinely ecstatic to be in a billiards group with fellow comedians.

He has a spark in there somewhere, it's just tragic that we have to see him go out in this Farley-esque fashion of never hitting bottom. Talk about a guy who is incredibly resilient, I still wonder when I will see his lonely death make headlines online and in print. :(

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Also LOL Joe shaved his head now? How long's this been going on? I guess it fits his whole Bronson/MMA image and all...

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Cliche Guevara posted:

Listened to the Rogan podcast. I love Artie, but I burned out on him not too long ago. It's amazing that a guy who went through everything he went through lose himself so easily to apathy and lethargy. He made references to "withdrawals" in a joking fashion (sure), also talking about his podcast in a real flippant manner, yet - genuinely ecstatic to be in a billiards group with fellow comedians.

He has a spark in there somewhere, it's just tragic that we have to see him go out in this Farley-esque fashion of never hitting bottom. Talk about a guy who is incredibly resilient, I still wonder when I will see his lonely death make headlines online and in print. :(

Yeah I know what you mean, it is hard to feel sorry for someone who really doesn't seem to give a poo poo. I remember He and Howard had that Bro Fight like 5 years ago, and Artie was gonna quit the show and turn his life around and nothing happened.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Can we agree that - like Jackie - Artie was funny while on the show, but is not funny without the show?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Sasquatch! posted:

Can we agree that - like Jackie - Artie was funny while on the show, but is not funny without the show?

He was at his funniest on the show, but I may be in the minority in that I often found myself openly laughing on "Nick & Artie" and even his current endeavors.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

He was at his funniest on the show, but I may be in the minority in that I often found myself openly laughing on "Nick & Artie" and even his current endeavors.

Artie can absolutely be funny off the show. He was good at times on Nick and Artie, he's very good on talk shows (I like it when he goofs on the other guests). He can be super-terrible (Jack Buck Show), but he's got more general comedy skills than Jackie.

Which is a shame, because I loved Jackie on the show. :(

Vakal
May 11, 2008

prefect posted:

Artie can absolutely be funny off the show. He was good at times on Nick and Artie, he's very good on talk shows (I like it when he goofs on the other guests).

Yeah, that is why he was so good on Stern. He could just sit back and pick the moment when he wanted get a jab in on someone. Having to be the moderator of other people is not his thing.

I think the best thing for Artie at this point would be a show like Dave Attell's Insomniac where someone just follows him with a camera as goes to dive comedy bars and strip clubs talking to the freaks that hang out there.
Then he could do the Louie method of selling the show online without network censorship. It would probably do much better than just a regular podcast.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 27, 2015

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Point taken, he's not terrible, but I maintain that Artie without the show at best was "okay".
Jackie on the other hand is "zero point zero" without the show. (And agreed that he was hilarious while on the show.)

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Sasquatch! posted:

Jackie on the other hand is "zero point zero" without the show. (And agreed that he was hilarious while on the show.)

You mean you didn't find his star turn in "The Wicked" to be anything but amazing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2vugNA2NmI

Hah, I looked it up on IMDb, and it has a rating of 2/10.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsQ2MnDzt0

Does anyone know where I could find a better version of this? There's absolutely no bass, so it sounds like it's over the phone, but it's still hilarious.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Artie is funny when he is allowed to be himself, but his acting and stand up were woeful. I couldn't make it past the ten minute mark of Beer League or Its the Whiskey Talking.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I saw him at the Borgata 2 or 3 years ago and all of his material was poo poo I already heard on Stern. Got I hate that "runner's high" bit so much, it's the opposite of funny.

Norton, Attell and Schumer were way, way better.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I saw Artie a couple months ago in and laughed a lot and I don't really think he's that funny. His like quick sip of water/talks out of side of his mouth thing is loving retarded though.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

You mean you didn't find his star turn in "The Wicked" to be anything but amazing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2vugNA2NmI

Hah, I looked it up on IMDb, and it has a rating of 2/10.

I do not understand how Jackie fails to realize that he's "acting" like that. The one time he wasn't "acting" was during his two-second cameo on Leverage, and you could practically hear the ham trying to come out. They must have taken a hundred takes to get him mostly under control.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Artie had a career before Stern, and even has paid gigs after nearly stabbing himself to death. Jackie does a pity show on Howard's channel and sells repackaged fart machines from china.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
The only thing that can keep Artie in line is a parental figure that he truly respects, like Howard. The problem is once the excitement wears off, he is left with himself again and he uses to cope. At this point the only thing saving Artie is something like a 'spontaneous enlightenment' or near-death experience or whatever, but even with that he is so entrenched in his lifestyle and is so well-known that I don't know he could escape. I can't imagine how terrible it would be to try and quit an addiction when you are famous for being a 'party-guy'.

He needs to pull a Chappelle and get his ticket for South Africa and just straight up go into retreat for a long time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The only thing that's going to happen to Artie Lange is he's going to die of an OD before 50. He has shown he won't listen to anyone that tries to stop him doing stupid poo poo to himself, in fact it only makes him want to do it MORE to teach those mean mean mommies and daddies a LESSON about what happens when you try and take Artie's toys. They'll be sorry when I'm gone.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm at an 80's cover band right now so:

KC posed for gay photographs (with a German homo)!

I'll never hear the original words to that song ever again.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

The only thing that's going to happen to Artie Lange is he's going to die of an OD before 50. He has shown he won't listen to anyone that tries to stop him doing stupid poo poo to himself, in fact it only makes him want to do it MORE to teach those mean mean mommies and daddies a LESSON about what happens when you try and take Artie's toys. They'll be sorry when I'm gone.

People have been saying he's gonna die from an OD for like a decade and a half.

But this time I actually agree. :(

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

According to this (admittedly dumb) survey, Howard is among one of the least sexiest names a male could have. I wonder why Benjy isn't on that list.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/these-are-the-20-sexiest-names-survey-says-112048915507.html

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Because Benjy is cock strong

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Because Benjy is cock strong

One of the weirder drops, and that's saying something. Do you think KC was expressing what he meant, or was this another Meat Serenade?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Apparently the guy who called the Lisa G news says that a major show member will leave in April.

From what the rumors say, the most likely guess is Richard. If that's the case, it really sucks. I'm going to be very disappointed and I'm just going to stick to YouTube videos from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Riosan posted:

Apparently the guy who called the Lisa G news says that a major show member will leave in April.

From what the rumors say, the most likely guess is Richard. If that's the case, it really sucks. I'm going to be very disappointed and I'm just going to stick to YouTube videos from now on.

If one leaves the other one should as well, can't break the team. My hope is Benjy.