Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i love mdickie games bc you can just press random buttons and directionals and get a cool flow and badass moves going. Fire Pro is great but I hate having to look up the combo I need to do a piledriver. In Mdickie games its just so intuitive I just "know" how to pull one off after playing a little bit, I dont need to go into the menu and memorize sequences and combos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

FirePro is a direction and a button. Soft-medium-hard-finish. The timing takes getting used to but there’s no inputs to memorize.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

FirePro is a direction and a button. Soft-medium-hard-finish. The timing takes getting used to but there’s no inputs to memorize.

I guess my phrasing was wrong. When I play Fire Pro I constantly have to find myself "using my brain" to pull things off. Like okay, I gotta throw this guy into the turnbuckle, then count the seconds so I can press B at the right time, then do XYZ.

Maybe I just havent played enough fire pro, but to me it always feels like I have to "plan" through everything and watch for the timing based parts. Whereas in Mdickie games I can think of a spot and pull it off without thinking.

I guess it's more the timing (and atrocious striking) I dont like. Both are fantastic games, but ive learned quickly to stick with the sim sode for Fire Pro and if i want to actually control a wrestler I boot up Mdickie

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I've made non-standard fire pro venues by now, since I got more comfortable with the arena edit mod.

A spooky forest

A sunny beach

A filthy dump

I'll hopefully be able to make more soon, it's kinda fun when it all comes together.

And and this isn't really a custom venue but putting a crowd in the background instead of infinite darkness actually livens arenas up, even though you need a custom camera angle to even see it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

IGgy IGsen posted:

I've made non-standard fire pro venues by now, since I got more comfortable with the arena edit mod.

A spooky forest

A sunny beach

A filthy dump

I'll hopefully be able to make more soon, it's kinda fun when it all comes together.

And and this isn't really a custom venue but putting a crowd in the background instead of infinite darkness actually livens arenas up, even though you need a custom camera angle to even see it.

Might I suggest...

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

IGgy IGsen posted:

Only someone as far up his own rear end as MDickie could make wrestle empire with such confidence and somehow pull it of well enough for it to not completely suck

MDickie is a legit madman and I think that if he was even the slightest bit normal his games would be so much less entertaining.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

whenever i think of mdickie i still hear edwyn tiong's voice because of that chip and ironicus video

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Alaois posted:

whenever i think of mdickie i still hear edwyn tiong's voice because of that chip and ironicus video

Hell, same. Everyone should listen to this.

Assuming you mean this. I didn't actually know the name to the voice

https://chipandironicus.com/videos/testament/6.html

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Testekill posted:

MDickie is a legit madman and I think that if he was even the slightest bit normal his games would be so much less entertaining.

Maybe this is the secret sauce. WWE games are boring and bad cause they're made by people who make sports-themed slot machines for a living instead of weirdos who think to themselves "What if I made a wrestling game where you can shoot a man with a gun during a match and then go to his funeral and murder his tag team partner by throwing him off a burning tower of 17 tables into the grave of the first guy"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Hell, same. Everyone should listen to this.

Assuming you mean this. I didn't actually know the name to the voice

https://chipandironicus.com/videos/testament/6.html

yeah that one

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Drakkel posted:

Maybe this is the secret sauce. WWE games are boring and bad cause they're made by people who make sports-themed slot machines for a living instead of weirdos who think to themselves "What if I made a wrestling game where you can shoot a man with a gun during a match and then go to his funeral and murder his tag team partner by throwing him off a burning tower of 17 tables into the grave of the first guy"

Who knew that what we needed in a wrestling game was the ability to accidentally kill your opponent in the ring, and then murder you opponent on the memorial show for the last guy you killed?!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This is what happens when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot, brother.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I think I only ever had 1 guy die in my last career. Never saw any guns

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I kinda want to see Hideo Kojima's take on a wrestling game.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bonk posted:

The game all takes place backstage and the end is you walking out for your first match, fade to credits

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

The game all takes place backstage and the end is you walking out for your first match, fade to credits

Ah, so WrestleMania XIX Revenge Mode – in which you spend your time trying to sabotage WrestleMania by beating up backstage workers and then, I think, fades to black as you enter the ring at Mania and get speared by Goldberg.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Bonk posted:

Remember that one NBA 2K game directed by Spike Lee that was mostly about the main character's suck-rear end friend who fucks everything up and then dies and the career mode ends with his ghost coming out on stage with a clipboard to give a monologue about how his life went wrong?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Frequency Vibrations

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“People call me freak, which is short for frequency vibrations”

* randomly gets drafted to the bucks, quits the game*

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

i agree, i think spike lee and kojima should make a wrestling game story

also when i played whichever NBA this was for free on PS4 many years ago, i got drafted to the timberwolves and did so badly that they started not using me for entire games, which is funny when the story is still trying to say your character is still one of the hottest prospects in b-ball

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ilmucche posted:

I believe that the guns needed to be modded to be usable, at least in the 2D game.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ilmucche posted:

This was the game doing it's own thing and I laughed so loving hard when it happened.

I think I beat Flair's rear end the week previously.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Drakkel posted:

Remember that one NBA 2K game directed by Spike Lee that was mostly about the main character's suck-rear end friend who fucks everything up and then dies and the career mode ends with his ghost coming out on stage with a clipboard to give a monologue about how his life went wrong?

I remind people of Devil Michael Jordan whenever relevant

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

I think about that storyline and what the gently caress its thinking that I would ever think that Vic was justified. I watch the Super Best Friends LP often just to hear them rag on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1XOF5GyoYs

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Has anyone gotten the names changed over in wrestling empire using steam deck? I’m not clever enough to figure out many of them. I would like to switch them if possible

edit- i figured it out and it's stupid as hell. (i'm doing it by hand)

Chinook fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 1, 2022

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Wrestling Empire is half price on Steam just now, might be tempted to get it. Looks very funny.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

Wrestling Empire is half price on Steam just now, might be tempted to get it. Looks very funny.

100% worth the price it's my fav wrestling game. I wish someone would make a mod similar to that CK3/Mount and Blade mod where you could take the booking mode from Fire Pro and then battle out the matches in Wrestling Empire.

But if you're even casually interested in it I'd def take the plunge you wont regret it. Btw a helpful tip for me starting out in career mode is that you can use the menu to train, you don't always have to go to the gym and manually do it.

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 1, 2022

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

i agree, i think spike lee and kojima should make a wrestling game story

Imagine Kojima doing a storyline with Bray Wyatt a la MGS2.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Hausu Usher posted:

drat I might do that because I don't use my switch anymore

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
So is this goddamn AEW game coming out or not? What the gently caress are we doing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The longer it stays under wraps, the longer we can delude ourselves with notions of YUKES defying their own nature

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They gotta change the cover.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

1glitch0 posted:

So is this goddamn AEW game coming out or not? What the gently caress are we doing.

The preorder has a placeholder date of 12/31, which is a Saturday. I hope it comes out before then, preferably before Christmas so I can play it during my holidays.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

I bought Wrestling Empire - is there a way to play on controller on Steam?

Also is there Mods I really should get? I like real-world gimmicks.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

I bought Wrestling Empire - is there a way to play on controller on Steam?

Also is there Mods I really should get? I like real-world gimmicks.

Yup. Just plug in a controller to your computer and it'll work (or at least it does for me with my cheap amazon knockoff 360 controller) just plug n play.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Yup. Just plug in a controller to your computer and it'll work (or at least it does for me with my cheap amazon knockoff 360 controller) just plug n play.

I struggled to do it wireless but I found out if you press C on the menu it lets you set it up.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

The Hausu Usher posted:

I struggled to do it wireless but I found out if you press C on the menu it lets you set it up.

Get ready for 5 minute submission hold animations and your character randomly dying when your career is picking up

(Those are real problems but fr its my fav wrestling game youre gonna have a blast)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Kvlt! posted:

Get ready for 5 minute submission hold animations and your character randomly dying when your career is picking up

Just like real life.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
RE: Wrestling Empire, since it doesn't have Workshop support, any recommendations on where to get custom rosters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Getting supremely tired of 2k22 crashing while running a Universe Mode show and then I have to re-make it because if you quit out of the game or it crashes during a show and then re-open the game half the matches you put on the show are just gone and replaced with random poo poo the CPU made up. Astonishing that for all the stuff they did fix in this game they somehow left Universe mode even more broken than it was before.