Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

That evil garden gnome might end up being the most harmful person Trump appointed.

Tall order with Pruitt and DeVos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

actionjackson posted:

What are the fixed rates like right now? I'm pretty sure mine was under 3%

My lowest is 6.1%, my highest is 7.9%.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Mustached Demon posted:

Tall order with Pruitt and DeVos.

You can reinstate the environmental and educational regulations they got rid of, you can't take people out of prison who got hit with the statutory maximum for weed possession

barring mass pardons i guess

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jesus Christ. Trump is officially above the law.

Congrats America, you're now a loving banana republic.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I, uh, have a feeling that the courts may disagree...

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Nothus posted:

they're arguing. they haven't won.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Majorian posted:

I, uh, have a feeling that the courts may disagree...

In a 5-4 decision...

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

skylined! posted:

they're arguing. they haven't won.

actually i think you'll find that the posters declaring that democracy is over have very nuanced understandings of the law

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Nothus posted:

Lower courts will eat this alive. Foreign governments paying off the president to influence policy is an existential crisis for American democracy. Moreso than almost anything else we've come across actually.

Also if they're pushing this he definitely took money from a foreign government and it will be leaking within at least the next month or two.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

BlueBlazer posted:

Pretty sure The Rock is our only hope if we are in the Idiocracy timeline. Dems need their own salesman.

i think it's pretty clear this is black mirror world

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

actually i think you'll find that the posters declaring that democracy is over have very nuanced understandings of the law

gently caress i don't even own a gun yet. good thing i got my trusty alex jones 5gal buckets o calorie-rich freeze dried protein extract to keep me going during the coming nuclear winter and subsequent raiding hordes

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Keep in mind that any attorney with a conscience has already left the DoJ.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ice Phisherman posted:

Lower courts will eat this alive. Foreign governments paying off the president to influence policy is an existential crisis for American democracy. Moreso than almost anything else we've come across actually.

Also if they're pushing this he definitely took money from a foreign government and it will be leaking within at least the next month or two.

KSA paid him like 25k for a pic with the :orb:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I wish Jeffrey Lord would drop dead already

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Someone post this side by side with the tweet about him studying up on norms and laws.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
it's possible to like guns and not be a trumpet

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

skylined! posted:

KSA paid him like 25k for a pic with the :orb:

gently caress you, get out, really?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I have to wonder if Comey still identifies as a republican after having the entire republican leadership lock step in smearing his name and actions.

I also wonder if the next president would rehire Comey as the head of the FBI.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

You can reinstate the environmental and educational regulations they got rid of, you can't take people out of prison who got hit with the statutory maximum for weed possession

barring mass pardons i guess

You can't pardon lead poisoning and years stagnant education.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

*raises hand*

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ice Phisherman posted:

I hope so, and I'm absolutely sure he and his loving family are on the take. Vote for a Democratic house in 2018, people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I have to wonder if Comey still identifies as a republican after having the entire republican leadership lock step in smearing his name and actions.

I have no loving doubt that he does. He'll rationalize it as everyone else being wrong.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

My guess is he probably thinks of himself as a Republican in exile, kind of like David Frum.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Ice Phisherman posted:

gently caress you, get out, really?

sorry no you shouldn't trust me

i mean, it's highly likely but i just made it up

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Nothus posted:

I hope so, and I'm absolutely sure he and his loving family are on the take. Vote for a Democratic house in 2018, people.

I'm going to vote. My hate boner (it's an independent) reaches into another district though so voting will be tough.

skylined! posted:

sorry no you shouldn't trust me

i mean, it's highly likely but i just made it up

Cucked ag'in! :bahgawd:

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 10, 2017

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
If I was a nefarious foreigner with a large budget and a desire to gently caress with Trump it would be really easy with the Emoluments clause. I'd just have some aide constantly booking rooms / conference halls throughout D.C. and then immediately canceling with a letter saying "Sorry, we are going to Trump Hotel instead because he's the president and we want to make a good impression." Then you just rebook at Trump hotel. You could methodically give every business in Washington standing to sue Trump.

Anyway I ain't a lawyer just a shitposter with dreams

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I wonder if he voted Trump? I can't see him voting Clinton to be honest.

No way Comey's getting a government appointed role again. Democrats don't trust him and Republicans hate him.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

BarbarianElephant posted:

No way Comey's getting a government appointed role again. Democrats don't trust him and Republicans hate him.

I bet he voted for McMuffin or Hillary.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

gently caress SNEEP posted:

My lowest is 6.1%, my highest is 7.9%.

I'm eternally grateful that government money ensured that I got out of higher education with a mere 8k in debt and a 3.5% interest rate, even if my bachelor's degree has failed to earn me one thin red cent.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

sharkbomb posted:

If I was a nefarious foreigner with a large budget and a desire to gently caress with Trump it would be really easy with the Emoluments clause. I'd just have some aide constantly booking rooms / conference halls throughout D.C. and then immediately canceling with a letter saying "Sorry, we are going to Trump Hotel instead because he's the president and we want to make a good impression." Then you just rebook at Trump hotel. You could methodically give every business in Washington standing to sue Trump.

Anyway I ain't a lawyer just a shitposter with dreams

I mean, the Kuwaitis did exactly that in December for the inauguration.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

One of the shittiest things about the road that's taken us to Trumpmerica is that if we lived in a society that held rich people accountable, he wouldn't have remotely been in a position to run since he would have done time for perjury or obstruction of justice, at the very least, a long time ago. Of course he thinks he can do whatever he wants, because he's always gotten away with everything.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

If I were really rich I'd be attempting to just try and bribe Trump to do things.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If I were really rich I'd be attempting to just try and bribe Trump to do things.

Signed, Vladimir Putin

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

"Best to get it over with and move on to things Republicans are good at."

I thought that was loving people over, particularly poors

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sinteres posted:

One of the shittiest things about the road that's taken us to Trumpmerica is that if we lived in a society that held rich people accountable, he wouldn't have remotely been in a position to run since he would have done time for perjury or obstruction of justice, at the very least, a long time ago. Of course he thinks he can do whatever he wants, because he's always gotten away with everything.

The rot in our country begins with the idea that above a certain income level, you have platinum plus citizenship that comes with total criminal immunity, yes.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

BarbarianElephant posted:

comey is feeling the johnson

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

maskenfreiheit posted:

Very

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey wait, yeah, can we start some kind of gofundme to bribe Trump for good?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr.Citrus posted:

Also, trump is one economic recession away from disaster. One is currently predicted for 2019, but given how ready trump is to alienate trade partners, how much he hates the Obama appointed fed, and how much he THINKS he can guide the market (spoiler alert: he loving can't) it's likely to land ahead of schedule.

Yeah that doesn't make me feel much better for some reason. Hoping for a recession and everything I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

as much as i love shooting cans full of .22, i do think we should probably check to make sure someone has never been involuntarily commited before selling them a kickass s&w

• Locked thread