Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
It'd be cool if she didn't wind up with anyone. Slightly less interesting than the Kat / Annie connection, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Darth Windu posted:

It'd be cool if she didn't wind up with anyone. Slightly less interesting than the Kat / Annie connection, though.
I agree that it'd be refreshing to have a heroine whose happy ending didn't involve a relationship. However, Coyote's ominous "when you have a kid..." implies that her half-fire-elemental situation means she has to become a mom for some reason.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

seravid posted:

I think you mean

Jack v:confused:v
So, in this analogy, are you saying that when Annie gets broken up about Kat, she copes by spending more time in the forest, and thus with Coyote?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Not to worry, Annie can always hook up with Boxbot. :roboluv:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Bot 02 posted:

Hey now, there's still, uh... The headmaster? :v:

Ignoring the creepiness, Headmaster is/was in a relationship, since he has a daughter who's seen screentime (Janet).

vvv Yeah I know, was just mentioning that it would be weird :v:

Niton fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 6, 2013

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

Niton posted:

Ignoring the creepiness, Headmaster is/was in a relationship, since he has a daughter who's seen screentime (Janet).

I wasn't actually suggesting that Annie should get it on with the headmaster, it was more comment on how everyone really does seem to be in a romantic relationship, except for Annie.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Fecha posted:

I agree that it'd be refreshing to have a heroine whose happy ending didn't involve a relationship. However, Coyote's ominous "when you have a kid..." implies that her half-fire-elemental situation means she has to become a mom for some reason.

Maybe she's just immortal 'til she has a kid. Why would a fire elemental age?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nettle Soup posted:

Maybe she's just immortal 'til she has a kid. Why would a fire elemental age?
Even fires burn out. Plus, she's only like half-ish fire elemental.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Line Feed posted:

Not to worry, Annie can always hook up with Boxbot. :roboluv:
Nah, it's finally Renardine's time to shine!

...there's a tumblr for that isn't there :gonk:

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

JT Jag posted:

So, in this analogy, are you saying that when Annie gets broken up about Kat, she copes by spending more time in the forest, and thus with Coyote?

I'm sorry, I don't answer questions from people who haven't read Annie in the Forest Part 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Fecha posted:

Seriously though, every live boy in the cast is paired off with someone / in love with magic, unattainable people right now.

I love GC's supporting cast in general but the boys that aren't Jack or Smitty are easily some of the least fleshed out characters. It'd be nice to learn a bit more about them I suppose.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Lurdiak posted:

I love GC's supporting cast in general but the boys that aren't Jack or Smitty are easily some of the least fleshed out characters. It'd be nice to learn a bit more about them I suppose.
We know a lot about Winsbury!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Giant Ethicist posted:

We know a lot about Winsbury!

Too soon.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Don't worry, the horse survived.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Hm, that pose Annie is in reminds me of something. I guess this will be today's comic.

ed: while I'm being horrible (too big for av unfortunately)

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 6, 2013

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hm. Annie's lines imply that this is going to be serious. Something about this doesn't feel like an incoming fake-out, either.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Parts Kit posted:

Hm, that pose Annie is in reminds me of something. I guess this will be today's comic.

ed: while I'm being horrible (too big for av unfortunately)

You bastard.

Fake edit: Oh hey, the comic's up. Looks like the girls are going to talk it through, and no dying Seymour in sight! "Not over something like this." Hmm, does she mean that she thinks it's too trivial for Magic Cherry Bonding Time, or that she doesn't want to be high when they talk it out?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Talking about feelings? What is this nonsense!

In other news, :siren: Annie in the Forest pt1 is now available online! :siren:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Oh look, they're actually going to talk like sane people :unsmith:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Ah man, being sensible and talking things through is no fun. :mad:

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
I don't think I can handle this getting sad. This better not get sad!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"I thought I was the fire in your life! But then you went and set the whole lab on fire without me." :(:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm actually feeling slightly optimistic.

Also, looks like Tom put AITF 1 up on the site. Neato.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Dec 6, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
ohhh noooooooooooo :(

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oneiros posted:

~*Dramatisation*~

Heh, nice.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Well, now I know where this last panel comes from.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

You're so good to us Tom :)

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Oneiros posted:

Sweet. Now we can finally talk about this, without worrying about the schlubs that didn't buy it. Any word on when volume 2 will be available for purchase? As far as today's strip, I'm glad to see there will be discussion. Hate waiting through the weekend for it to start though.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 6, 2013

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Skippy McPants posted:

~*Dramatisation*~

I laughed out loud at the page after that. The detail with the super-simple insert.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I'm really glad that the comic is out for free now, but if it's still available to buy it's so worth it. The digital version doesn't have near the definition to show off Tom's work, especially page 26. It looks amazing on paper.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Oneiros posted:

Please tell me that the paper version is in full color.
And that I am not the only one who imagines that Khepi has a thick scottish accent.

Also this doesn't feel like such a bad page, I wonder what will happen ne... oh crap it's friday.
SIDDEL :argh: Now we have to wait the whole weekend. But at least Kat approaches Annie about this, no cop-outs, no excuses, no talking via a messenger. This is real nice of her.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Kikas posted:

Please tell me that the paper version is in full color.

Nope.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ooooooooo annie's got a crush on a booooooooy :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lollin at the last page there. Ahahaha Annie, hook line sinker.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
This page is pretty badass.

Duskfiend
Apr 5, 2011

Awwwk! Awwwk!
Dying of laughter at that last page. Sorry about it, Annie. :(

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

AE-35 Unit posted:

I'm really glad that the comic is out for free now, but if it's still available to buy it's so worth it. The digital version doesn't have near the definition to show off Tom's work, especially page 26. It looks amazing on paper.

Gonna second this. The pages of the printed version are crazy big, and something feels a bit off in the online version. Like the shading or the line weight isn't being captured quite right. I'd say it's probably worth the $15 for the printed copy.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Argh it's gonna be so hard to wait to read my copy until christmas now, especially if people are going to talk about it. :sigh:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Less talking more fighting! :argh:

Parts Kit posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!