Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Can anyone else see the mercs doing a direct swap of Lewis for Vettel or Ricciado?

Fernando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
F1 is an entertainment industry and the most boring person just won, by being consistent and boring. My salty tears are real but the juicy backing up on it tactics have at least made it interesting!

Well done Nico now gently caress off and become a software salesman or some poo poo and leave entertaining to the entertainers.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

Sky trotted Stewart out from the 1950s and now are playing who can be the most hypocritical.

Old man Stewart aint what he used to be, aint what he used to be

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That would work, they really do only need a seat filler now that they have their champion.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Wait. It won't happen but Lewis for Nando for 2017 would be best for everyone (but Lewis) he gets his precious number one driver status back and Mercedes don't have to deal with his bullshit.

Nico's mum is adorable.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
And drunk.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

thegasman2000 posted:

F1 is an entertainment industry and the most boring person just won, by being consistent and boring. My salty tears are real but the juicy backing up on it tactics have at least made it interesting!

Well done Nico now gently caress off and become a software salesman or some poo poo and leave entertaining to the entertainers.

It's almost like Lewis's frazzled brain is posting

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I refuse to turn off until I see Keke. :colbert:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Mrs Rosberg says Keke is hiding.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

thegasman2000 posted:

Consistency myth is funny.

Nico's average finish was lower than lewis'

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Hmm when was the last time Hamiltons dad was seen? He seems to have been replaced by his mum

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Mrs Rosberg says Keke is hiding.

Powershift posted:

Nico still thinks his dad is coming to the race :negative:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Pirate Radar posted:

But if you'd like to beep boop over how Lewisbot was totally right to do what he did then be my guest

Nico Rosberg is still the world champion

This guy is the best poster in the thread

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

There, now you've seen him

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Another true, cool and good champion on Channel 4.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/802903611000770560

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Did I forget to mention Nico looks like a special needs donkey crossed with Gollum.

Anyway we can only hope for a more competitive Ferrari f1 needs a competitive Ferrari. I now want mclaren to be poo poo after Ron was made to walk the plank, gently caress em. Calling a lewis whitewash next year.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Real winner here is Vettel who got to be the one to totally ruin Lewis' year by refusing to play his game.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

thegasman2000 posted:

Almost there... carry on

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
F1 there are no winners

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

learnincurve posted:

Real winner here is Vettel who got to be the one to totally ruin Lewis' year by refusing to play his game.

I love this

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

djssniper posted:

Just a thought, if Lewis's tactics today are fine, when do drivers start doing this from the start of the season... negative racing

When the risk of throwing away the lead is outweighed by the gains of possibly having whoevers behind you lose a place, it's only going to be a last race thing

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ofcourse Lorenzo is a Poois fan.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Ofcourse Lorenzo is a Poois fan.

I thought it was a foriegn shia labeouf look a like

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nico just unleashed a torrent of bitching about being backed up while trying to make it sound like he's not complaining.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Nico just unleashed a torrent of bitching about being backed up while trying to make it sound like he's not complaining.

similar on channel 4 but boy does he have dignity

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
and if anyone was in any doubt of Are Rossies WDC status...

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12430/10670172/nico-rosberg-collects-the-2016-dhl-fastest-lap-award

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

loving Vandoorne finished ahead of GUT in the championship. loving lol.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Their Lewis not attending the Mercedes team WDC photograph. Such petulance, I am sated

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
As promised.

quote:

Herzlichen Glückwunsch an Nico Rosberg,
tolles Manöver gegen Verstappen und absolut verdienter Weltmeister :!: :thumbs_up:

Kann mich nicht erinner, wann ich das letzte Mal bei einem Rennen so gezittert habe, wie in den letzten fünf Runden :mrgreen:
Auch ein großes Lob an Vettel, der sich der Situation der letzten Runden angemessen und absolut korrekt verhalten hat und nicht Lewis Wunsch entsprach, ein beinhartes Alles-oder-Nichts-Manöver zu versuchen :) :thumbs_up:

Jetzt ist die größte Last bei Rosberg weg, er ist im Olymp angekommen und kann ab nächstem Jahr befreit auffahren.
Dies Bedeutet nicht, dass er nun der Favorit im Mercedes-Team ist, dies bleibt Hamilton, den ich generell definitiv einen Tick schneller einschätze.
Dies bedeutet aber, dass das Leben für Hamilton nun mit Sicherheit nicht einfacher wird, mit einem Rosberg, der keinen Druck mehr hat :rotate:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

oof. Ben Edwards isn't a looker.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
"It was a difficult situation in the end with Lewis playing some dirty tricks," Vettel radioed in as the race concluded.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Their Lewis not attending the Mercedes team WDC photograph. Such petulance, I am sated

No matter, he appeared

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
hahahahaha

Toto Wolff posted:

This is what I mean as a racing driver. It would have come to my mind [to back him up] and it came to others’ mind. Christian [Horner, Red Bull boss] had the same idea before the weekend, he followed Christian’s instruction so maybe he wants to drive for him!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

gently caress Wisconsin, Jill Stein should be spending her money on a recount of the points awarded in Abu Dhabi.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

And Haas beat Renault, Sauber, and Manor :newlol:

Though I'm curious to see how Haas will do next year with brakes that actually work instead of Brembos.

Oh, and Grosjean beat Kyvat. :laffo:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I came for Keke, but Nico's mom has won my heart.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

When the risk of throwing away the lead is outweighed by the gains of possibly having whoevers behind you lose a place, it's only going to be a last race thing

As just showed, mind guess some tracks may be open to the strategy though

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
WTF channel 4???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

1500quidporsche posted:

Stoffel Vandoorne

• Locked thread