Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Saturnalia came early this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Donald J. Trump was drinking very heavily athe governor's ed balls last night!!!

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
trump has that kind of effect on others, it only makes sense that it hits himself too

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Damnit nite crew I get the game you're all gabbing about and it makes me be poo poo at bass guitar just like how I'm poo poo at bass guitar in real life. I play games for escapism not to live my eternal nightmare of failing out of university and moving back to my one-horse hometown to hang out with my highschool friends again.

Edit: Uh, Trump.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
technically if you leave one nightmare and enter another, you have actually escaped though

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's really just the same nightmare except in the game one I've already failed out instead of just fearing it and also I'm a cat.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
last week i learned my friend had never seen star wars so i got my old copies and we watched the original trilogy

she did not know that darth vader had speaking lines and didn't know that he made weird breathing noises

even tho of course like everyone else she knew that he reveals to luke that he's luke's father

i mean wtf

also she didn't know that stormtroopers are human and speak

i told her about ice cream machine guy and the dead uncle owen and aunt beru action figures and the individual ewok action figures and greedo shooting order

i think she is now at about the level of working star wars knowledge my sister had when she was 11

she is a computer toucher for a living

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

curufinor posted:

last week i learned my friend had never seen star wars so i got my old copies and we watched the original trilogy

she did not know that darth vader had speaking lines and didn't know that he made weird breathing noises

even tho of course like everyone else she knew that he reveals to luke that he's luke's father

i mean wtf

also she didn't know that stormtroopers are human and speak

i told her about ice cream machine guy and the dead uncle owen and aunt beru action figures and the individual ewok action figures and greedo shooting order

i think she is now at about the level of working star wars knowledge my sister had when she was 11

she is a computer toucher for a living

did you score

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

did you score

nah

platonic friendship with girls is cool and good

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
phones are computers tho

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

curufinor posted:

nah

i guess

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

curufinor posted:

nah

lol

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

curufinor posted:

i told her about ice cream machine guy

the who

vvv why are there so many words and a biographt about this extra carryinga loving prop

juche avocado fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 27, 2017

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
no wonder u ddidn't score

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

since there's apparently no nite crew

Squizzle posted:

its:krad: that in tng their principle mode of recreation is to enjoy one anothers creative output

lots of plays, conxerts in 10 forwaed, etc

they dont do generic mass media and they dont screw off to the holodeck all the time

varclay having sex adventures and reproducing his coworkers to get out some job stress was seen as unusual and especially unusually antisocial

theyre interested in real human interactions and the thoughts and expressions of their community—nice poo poo imo

:popeye:

this post owns and i've never thought about it like this

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at trump not only eating steak well done but using ketchup

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
PRFFFFFT

that's the sound of the catsup hitting your well done trump steak

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ah christ, we're worse than D&D now

I am a good member of the Suck Zone :madmax:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
what happened that made us the suck zone

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

surely not yo u

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what DIDNT happen

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
YCS

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im actually curious
because trump hasn't done anything.. really wild recently and i don't know whats going on aside from that

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've got no clue but I'm just gonna blame the Dem thread

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Are any of you fuckers watching "SS-GB"

It makes "Man In The High Castle" look like total poo poo, which it already looked like, because it is total poo poo

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Oiled and Ready posted:

Are any of you fuckers watching "SS-GB"

It makes "Man In The High Castle" look like total poo poo, which it already looked like, because it is total poo poo

Man in the high castle.was a massive let down just murder Joe and the other s in that love triangle

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

I've got no clue but I'm just gonna blame the Dem thread

:same:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Jose posted:

Man in the high castle.was a massive let down just murder Joe and the other s in that love triangle

this is a 5 part BBC One miniseries, two parts are out so far.

It's about a Scotland Yard detective after the SS has absorbed those in the agency who were deemed mentally fit (and presumably also physically gentile). So far, it's amazing. It doesn't feel hokey or distracted like High Castle, and it's based on a novel so I'm assuming it will draw to an actual satisfying conclusion.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

its:krad: that in tng their principle mode of recreation is to enjoy one anothers creative output

lots of plays, conxerts in 10 forwaed, etc

they dont do generic mass media and they dont screw off to the holodeck all the time

varclay having sex adventures and reproducing his coworkers to get out some job stress was seen as unusual and especially unusually antisocial

theyre interested in real human interactions and the thoughts and expressions of their community—nice poo poo imo

my fave TNGer has always been geordie because he's a cyborg AND because he made a creepy sex holodeck program about an old colleague of his who caught him using the weird sex holodeck program haha

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i actually had a mr geordie laforge action figure that only had like 4 points of articulation, what a crummy piece of poo poo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

feels great to unburden myself about that

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

alcohol content
there, you have officially joined the grown ups table, how does it feel?

good...now drink

never

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
saturday I got obscenely drunk at a mardi gras parade (later blacked out and it's real fuckin hard for me to black out) and roamed the streets apparently yelling about how trump wants to gently caress he own daughter, think i scared some families

im still dead currently but it was cathartic as gently caress and I'd highly recommend it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dolash posted:

Damnit nite crew I get the game you're all gabbing about and it makes me be poo poo at bass guitar just like how I'm poo poo at bass guitar in real life. I play games for escapism not to live my eternal nightmare of failing out of university and moving back to my one-horse hometown to hang out with my highschool friends again.

Edit: Uh, Trump.

those band practice levels are murder0

Dolash posted:

It's really just the same nightmare except in the game one I've already failed out instead of just fearing it and also I'm a cat.

you're actually an adorable morose cat so it's objectively better than real life

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
god I loving hate the oscars

shut the gently caress up about the oscars, journo twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

god I loving hate the oscars

shut the gently caress up about the oscars, journo twitter
Even the BBC's site was completely covered with it all day, and not just after the fuckup happened. I can't believe even in this day and age it would get so much attention.

• Locked thread