Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Loel posted:

Sounds like his lawyer is saying he wants to release the tax records :v:

They are arguing it's fine because they're all transactions at fair market rates or something. Sounds like proof of that is necessary.

e: Relevant

mynnna fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's fine, the foreign government paid me fairly.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Obama's copy of Witcher 2 proves that the Emoluments Clause was slain by libtards a long time ago.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Did anyone mention that nothing matters, if not I have a unique take

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

empty whippet box posted:

It's fine, the foreign government paid me fairly. I got ripped off by the foreign government.

Maybe he's going to try to claim the difference between the deal he got and the full value of the deal as a loss on his taxes

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Hey remember when Donald Trump was just some dumb rich rear end in a top hat with a stupid TV show that you could ignore relatively easily by having a normal, well adjusted, tabloid-avoiding lifestyle?

Now your whole day is consumed reading and listening and being forced to care about the same fuckface reality TV clown's extremely consequential and moronic decisions. Lol.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

theres a will theres moe posted:

Hey remember when Donald Trump was just some dumb rich rear end in a top hat with a stupid TV show that you could ignore relatively easily by having a normal, well adjusted, tabloid-avoiding lifestyle?

Now your whole day is consumed reading and listening and being forced to care about the same fuckface reality TV clown's extremely consequential and moronic decisions. Lol.

My father has a form of dementia similar to Alzheimers (so far it's mostly eaten away at his vocabulary). Today we sat down and scrolled through various news articles that popped up on the feed on his computer, and discussed what he could understand of the contents of the ones that drew his attention. There was one on the UK election, and one on an adopted dog. At one point he pointed out Trump's picture. He can't remember Trump's name (names are really hard for him), and so Trump has been dubbed 'The Baby Man' since he began campaigning. He pointed out 'The Baby Man' and made an exasperated complaint that of course he was all over the news articles that he saw every day. He asked why 'The Baby Man' is still in charge, because my father might have a hard time understanding anything about politics these days, but he recognizes a stupid immature rear end in a top hat when he sees one and he's known exactly what Trump is since the beginning.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

theres a will theres moe posted:

your username owns

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Stripping constitutional rights from people for getting treatment for certain diseases is a pretty huge step to take. Who's gonna engage with mental health services ever again for any reason if it's a ticket to being stripped of rights?

Especially since there is not actually a particularly strong history of mental illness linking to gun violence except the hand wavey kind of like "they must have been sick in the head by definition to shoot a kid!"

until the nra brainwashed everyone the second amendment wasn't protecting an individual right.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Isn't the problem that Trump hasn't gotten congressional permission?

"The recent actions and statements of congress and the presence of a republican majority clearly indicates an implicit permission for the president to take whatever action he deems beneficial to himself or the party."

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
The "Carrie Cordero and Paul Rosenzweig Weigh in on Comey" episode of the Lawfare podcast has me so loving depressed. Rosenzweig lays out in pretty convincing ways how the Mueller investigation is going to break down. There is a question of legal obstruction, but it's too difficult to prove from a prosecutor's perspective, so it's going to fall to a political charge. That means convincing Republicans there's a problem, which is never going to happen because Republican representatives are not acting in good faith, and the Republican base is immovable.

We're going to have Trump until 2024.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the most annoying thing is people thinking trump would win again. i know nothing matters but how do you people tie your shoes in the morning. we're not even half a year in do you think things are gonna settle down or some poo poo?>

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Groovelord Neato posted:

the most annoying thing is people thinking trump would win again. i know nothing matters but how do you people tie your shoes in the morning. we're not even half a year in do you think things are gonna settle down or some poo poo?>

Post your loving map.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Groovelord Neato posted:

There's not a democratic dick long enough in the loving world that they will trip over it and give Trump a 2020 victory. And they are loving experts at tripping over their own dicks.

He'll get primaried first. He is such an easy primary target.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
For that matter I expect the Rs will run an opposing candidate.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Flesh Forge posted:

Christ, this thread is delusional sometimes.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Flesh Forge posted:

Trump will not want to give up power no matter how badly in decline he is. If he can reach a phone and has thumbs he will poo poo all over the guy who ousted him. Highly doubt they'll run an opposing candidate, but he'll be the easiest primary target ever.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
It's not like Trump is currently doing any favours for the average shifting voter by taking away their health care

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Three years is a long time dude :shrug:

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Flesh Forge posted:

Three years is a long time dude :shrug:

Not long enough to go from the current Republican structure of nearly-unmitigated support to somehow primarying the sitting president of their own party. That would require every republican in congress to suddenly become politically suicidal.

Edit: not even just congress, the entire party infrastructure. The heat death of the universe will happen first. We are on year 1 of 8, friend.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Would Comey be able to, if he somehow ran?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

tentative8e8op posted:

Would Comey be able to, if he somehow ran?

If comey was willing to lie enough to be the republican presidential candidate, then he'd be willing to lie enough to still be director of the FBI

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Petr posted:

The "Carrie Cordero and Paul Rosenzweig Weigh in on Comey" episode of the Lawfare podcast has me so loving depressed. Rosenzweig lays out in pretty convincing ways how the Mueller investigation is going to break down. There is a question of legal obstruction, but it's too difficult to prove from a prosecutor's perspective, so it's going to fall to a political charge. That means convincing Republicans there's a problem, which is never going to happen because Republican representatives are not acting in good faith, and the Republican base is immovable.

We're going to have Trump until 2024.

man it's so cool that you and those guys know everything going on in the mueller investigation, care to share with the rest of us? Or you can shut up and stop your endless nothing matters posting until the investigation actually starts moving on things rather than just investigating? Like seriously I get being hopeless with such a hosed, corrupt, hateful administration. I do. But there are a LOT of people actively working to bring them to justice, and by what they've hinted at, it's a lot worse than what's currently public. So don't give up, just yet. We're not at the point of total despair just yet.

Petr posted:

Post your loving map.
oh you're not posting in good faith, I get it now. gently caress you.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Captain Invictus posted:

man it's so cool that you and those guys know everything going on in the mueller investigation, care to share with the rest of us? Or you can shut up and stop your endless nothing matters posting until the investigation actually starts moving on things rather than just investigating? Like seriously I get being hopeless with such a hosed, corrupt, hateful administration. I do. But there are a LOT of people actively working to bring them to justice, and by what they've hinted at, it's a lot worse than what's currently public. So don't give up, just yet. We're not at the point of total despair just yet.
oh you're not posting in good faith, I get it now. gently caress you.

I told you exactly what I'm commenting on - a podcast by people who absolutely know what they're talking about. If you'd like to tell me why they're wrong, I'd love to hear it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Petr posted:

I told you exactly what I'm commenting on - a podcast by people who absolutely know what they're talking about. If you'd like to tell me why they're wrong, I'd love to hear it.
Are they in the mueller investigation, privy to what they have classified? If not, it's purely speculation.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Captain Invictus posted:

Are they in the mueller investigation, privy to what they have classified? If not, it's purely speculation.

Paul Rosenzweig's speculation is orders of magnitudes more authoritative than the speculation of anyone in this thread.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
My new cat did like 5 backflips in the air today from a standing start and caught a bug or something in the air and then ate it

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
But hey don't worry man, if I want stolen steam codes I'll come to you

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Petr posted:

Paul Rosenzweig's speculation is orders of magnitudes more authoritative than the speculation of anyone in this thread.

Could we just link to his podcast and close this thread

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the investigation isn't just into trump.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Petr posted:

But hey don't worry man, if I want stolen steam codes I'll come to you
this has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion and you're just making false accusations of my business for no reason other than personal attack since you've got nothing. Shameful, really.

Groovelord Neato posted:

the investigation isn't just into trump.
yeah. what was the rumored amount of people being investigated? somewhere between 28 to 42? that's a lot, and if they're significant people on the level of Mitch Mcconell, Paul Ryan, Flynn and Kushner, this investigation could lead to massive, long-term harm to the Republican party. It's not just about Trump.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jun 10, 2017

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Captain Invictus posted:

this has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion and you're just making false accusations of my business for no reason other than personal attack since you've got nothing. Shameful, really.

SAD

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Petr posted:

Not long enough to go from the current Republican structure of nearly-unmitigated support to somehow primarying the sitting president of their own party. That would require every republican in congress to suddenly become politically suicidal.

Edit: not even just congress, the entire party infrastructure. The heat death of the universe will happen first. We are on year 1 of 8, friend.

can you explain what (the gently caress) the relationship between a republican primary challenger and "every republican in congress" becoming politically suicidal is?

e: like are you thinking about impeachment when you're talking about a primary challenge? I'm honestly confused

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

awesmoe posted:

can you explain what (the gently caress) the relationship between a republican primary challenger and "every republican in congress" becoming politically suicidal is?

e: like are you thinking about impeachment when you're talking about a primary challenge? I'm honestly confused

You're absolutely right, it would require the entire party to go insane, as I said in my edit.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

My new cat did like 5 backflips in the air today from a standing start and caught a bug or something in the air and then ate it

Deeply disturbing if true

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Well, this is all very troubling.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

How is the cat allowed to do this but the investigation has been dropped against the other Presidential candidate?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Biden is encouraging Romney to take over Hatch's seat in 2018 apparently since Hatch would be 84 if he ran again.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Flesh Forge posted:

They did that. R's pulled the lever for Trump religiously regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Mustached Demon posted:

No that's not as elegant of a description.

It's fine, we'll just call it The Wheels of Justice, and set it to grind slowly.

• Locked thread