Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't think Trumps going to be the Nominee guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
He just wants to get to a really really really low point to start his comeback narrative from

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Not a Step posted:

When was the last time Hillary held a press conference or answered any question that hadn't been submitted in advance?

She did a bunch of interviews, like, just last week.

Edit: Oh yeah, and yesterday, too.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Nothing that happens is new: How an outsider president killed a party (in the 1840s)

this is a few weeks old but it's good

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trumps's got the teleprompters out, but instead of a speech it's just

Not a Step posted:

Why do people think live music makes *anything* better?

Well it's kind of complicated for me. There is a brewery in Noblesville that used to hold bluegrass and open mic nights that I loved, but on the other side of things you've got little bars that are the bar itself and maybe 5 booths that cram a full electric group into a corner and let them go HAM. That kind I avoided like the plague

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

Donald Trump shamed “wacky” Hillary Clinton into using the term “radical Islamism,” he boasted Tuesday.

"Wacky"? Man, his material just keeps getting weaker and weaker.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i always figured the floor for the GOP was 36%. that always seems to be the "only crazy right wing fanatics believe this" poll result

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DaveWoo posted:

Can't even keep his playground insults in order :sad:

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

rear end cobra posted:

Bloomberg GE Poll on WADR: Hillary 49 Trump 37

E: done from friday to monday

The crosstabs are also exciting

quote:

Other troubling findings for Trump in poll include how 63 per cent of women say they could never vote for him. "If you can never get the vote of two in three women, who are a majority of voters, that is something that has to change for Trump to emerge victorious," Selzer said.

Similar proportions of those younger than 35 and those with incomes of less than $US50,000 also say they could never support him.

Uhhhh. I was all sold on this not being a blowout, but it appears a blowout is possible.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is it Bloomberg or Bloomberg Politics who are the famously terrible pollster?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is fine. Everything's fine.

https://twitter.com/colvinj/status/742865010339291136

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Isn't Anderson Cooper not being fair to that Florida woman, considering she was the Attorney General and it's her job to defend whatever the law is? Would she be allowed to decide not to defend a law just because she personally disagreed with it? And as a lawyer defending a law, wouldn't she have to use whatever she thinks is the most effective legal argument?

Keep in mind that I am 100% in favor of gay rights myself

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

The crosstabs are also exciting

Uhhhh. I was all sold on this not being a blowout, but it appears a blowout is possible.

https://twitter.com/fmanjoo/status/742865678462373888

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DaveWoo posted:

Clearly Hillary is a Dot

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Look at my North Carolina Chinese American over here!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

blue squares posted:

Isn't Anderson Cooper not being fair to that Florida woman, considering she was the Attorney General and it's her job to defend whatever the law is? Would she be allowed to decide not to defend a law just because she personally disagreed with it? And as a lawyer defending a law, wouldn't she have to use whatever she thinks is the most effective legal argument?

His attack on her was a smart one - he didn't attack her for doing her job, he attacked her for the personal statements she made while doing so. She did have to defend the FL laws (though, she didn't HAVE to of course - see the NC AG telling the Gov to gently caress off) but she didn't have to say Floridians were being put in danger by the pernicious gays

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

paranoid randroid posted:

i mean, hes not wrong taht we just sent huge stacks of cash over to Afghanistan and Iraq for """"reasons"""

but still, lol baskets
Hell those pallets are just the most visible part of our bribery, apparently we've been bribing Karzai (the literal President of Afghanistan) for years now:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/29/world/asia/cia-delivers-cash-to-afghan-leaders-office.html

quote:

For more than a decade, wads of American dollars packed into suitcases, backpacks and, on occasion, plastic shopping bags have been dropped off every month or so at the offices of Afghanistan’s president — courtesy of the Central Intelligence Agency.

All told, tens of millions of dollars have flowed from the C.I.A. to the office of President Hamid Karzai, according to current and former advisers to the Afghan leader.

“We called it ‘ghost money,’ ” said Khalil Roman, who served as Mr. Karzai’s deputy chief of staff from 2002 until 2005. “It came in secret, and it left in secret.”

The C.I.A., which declined to comment for this article, has long been known to support some relatives and close aides of Mr. Karzai. But the new accounts of off-the-books cash delivered directly to his office show payments on a vaster scale, and with a far greater impact on everyday governing.

Moreover, there is little evidence that the payments bought the influence the C.I.A. sought. Instead, some American officials said, the cash has fueled corruption and empowered warlords, undermining Washington’s exit strategy from Afghanistan.

“The biggest source of corruption in Afghanistan,” one American official said, “was the United States.”

The United States was not alone in delivering cash to the president. Mr. Karzai acknowledged a few years ago that Iran regularly gave bags of cash to one of his top aides.

At the time, in 2010, American officials jumped on the payments as evidence of an aggressive Iranian campaign to buy influence and poison Afghanistan’s relations with the United States. What they did not say was that the C.I.A. was also plying the presidential palace with cash — and unlike the Iranians, it still is.

American and Afghan officials familiar with the payments said the agency’s main goal in providing the cash has been to maintain access to Mr. Karzai and his inner circle and to guarantee the agency’s influence at the presidential palace, which wields tremendous power in Afghanistan’s highly centralized government. The officials spoke about the money only on the condition of anonymity.
"You can't buy an Afghan, but you can rent one" is apparently our 15 year mantra.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

rear end cobra posted:

He just wants to get to a really really really low point to start his comeback narrative from

This is the only conceivable thing I can think of that has this forum like "wow we should have seen that coming, how did we not see that coming" in a couple months

And since that's how I call this election, I'm unironically all in on this one

post-Iowa, Wisconsin, post nomination, Trump rides da waves

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump still has to get through a convention and 3-4 prime time debates.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

blue squares posted:

she is permitted to enforce existing laws without attempt to incite a moral panic over the gays, which is what her words indicated she was doing

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

blue squares posted:

My vast legal knowledge gleaned from TV and movies tells me that lawyers are not supposed to make a case that they know to be false. But either way, she's part of a homophobic party so gently caress her and her crocodile tears over gay victims.

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 ðŸ™Â
Taco Defender

Intel&Sebastian posted:

As a straight dude with a queerish wife I'd like to co-sign the idea that gay dude clubs are better at pretty much everything. If you can dig the music, I highly recommend it.

is "if you can dig the music" even a thing? does anyone on this planet not enjoy madonna - like a prayer???

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wonder if Trump's going to talk about all those fantastic poll numbers he's been getting lately :allears:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

DaveWoo posted:

I wonder if Trump's going to talk about all those fantastic poll numbers he's been getting lately :allears:

He talked a lot about specific polls during the primary, when he was actually winning. Now he just refers to "doing great in the polls," if at all.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

euphronius posted:

Not if they can't pay his 100 million ransom demand for attending a debatr

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

is "if you can dig the music" even a thing? does anyone on this planet not enjoy madonna - like a prayer???

I assume he's talking about things like the weekly show at our gay nightclub, DJ GLITTERTITZ

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Epic High Five posted:

Is it Bloomberg or Bloomberg Politics who are the famously terrible pollster?

Do you know who actually does the polling? Niether are on 538 pollster ratings and I cannot find good discussion.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

euphronius posted:

I'm increasingly skeptical that he will ever debate Hillary

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Not a Step posted:

Live music is the best thing in the world and I won't have you slander it.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Al! posted:

Same. He'll declare enough media organizations unfair that nobody will meet his selective criteria for appearing at a debate.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Al! posted:

It would annihilate any mainstream support he would ever get though.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Al! posted:

He has to. I know I, for one, will not vote for him if he doesn't do at least one. I will vote for Hillary for not being the one who denied us the best thing of all time.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Trump is alienating Native American voters too. I mean sadly there aren't huge numbers of Native Americans left, but it's one more bloc that he's pushing away over the dumbest and pettiest loving thing.

And hell if Arizona really is in play the Navajo Nation has enough people to make a difference in a super close race; it's part of the reason Ann Kirkpatrick is a Representative again.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

fade5 posted:

Trump is alienating Native American voters too. I mean sadly there aren't huge numbers of Native Americans left, but it's one more bloc that he's pushing away over the dumbest and pettiest loving thing.

And hell if Arizona really is in play the Navajo Nation has enough people to make a difference in a super close race; it's part of the reason Ann Kirkpatrick is a Representative again.

You think so? For making jokes on a senator a low-info voter only knows is "the white woman who said she was Native American to be special"?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Live music is the best thing in the world and I won't have you slander it.

If we're talking classic rock covers at Tommy's pub I don't like it but if we're talking figure out which venues consistently book good local original bands yes for live music. Then again I'm involved with the Chicago music scene so I might be biased

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
If he is still down double digits in a couple months I think he's going to cite some mysterious health reason and drop out. There's no loving way trump has the stamina to lose badly and be ridiculed for 5 more months.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

nachos posted:

If he is still down double digits in a couple months I think he's going to cite some mysterious health reason and drop out. There's no loving way trump has the stamina to lose badly and be ridiculed for 5 more months.

But how could that be? His doctor has certified him as amazingly healthy!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Not a Step posted:

:yikes:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Oiled and Ready posted:

You think so? For making jokes on a senator a low-info voter only knows is "the white woman who said she was Native American to be special"?

For Gods sake low information voter has got to be the worst dog whistle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

nachos posted:

That's when we need to demand trumps doctor be stripped of his medical license

• Locked thread