Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

EpicNemesis posted:

Is Wii music an IP?

Nah. If it was called "Wii Maestro" and the characters all had names and style, maybe, but nah wii music was a lifeless demo game.

Waverace is an IP. "music" isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man Disgaea may have some fun gameplay but I cannot get past all that chatter.

This is why anime games never sit with me...

I'm like... how fast can I mash X to skip this?

The gameplay seems cool though...

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

EpicNemesis posted:

Is Wii music an IP?

Wii was an IP and it was doing fine until they made that new controller for it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SilverSupernova posted:

Arms and Ever Oasis for this year.

What's that second one?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Anyone know if usb wifi dongles work on the switch? I'm getting 0 down 4 up from 10 feet away when every other device I own works fine. It's crazy.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
try turning it off and on again

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

HyperPuma posted:

try turning it off and on again

That doesn't help. First thing I tried.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Overbite posted:

Besides the other default advice of "reboot your router" this is why I got a LAN adapter years ago for the Wii as it was the same way. It was LoS to the router but for some reason just was slow as dirt. This doesn't quite work as well for a system you wanna pop out of the TV once in a while though. Try it on another network and if it's just as busted there might be time to call Nintendo, or if that works might wonder if the security settings are doing something funky in relation to the Switch.

Nintendo seems to have a history of meh wifi.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

LethalGeek posted:

Besides the other default advice of "reboot your router" this is why I got a LAN adapter years ago for the Wii as it was the same way. It was LoS to the router but for some reason just was slow as dirt. This doesn't quite work as well for a system you wanna pop out of the TV once in a while though. Try it on another network and if it's just as busted there might be time to call Nintendo, or if that works might wonder if the security settings are doing something funky in relation to the Switch.

Nintendo seems to have a history of meh wifi.

I had no issues with the Wii U or even the 3ds and wifi. And I can't hook it up to the router otherwise I would. Called Nintendo about this a while back and they swore it wasn't the switches fault but it's the only device that has this problem so I dunno.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

What's that second one?

A 3DS game made by the studio that worked on the 3DS Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask remakes, and is headed by the guy who created the Mana series (Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy Legend, etc.)

It looks hecka like a Mana game, 'cept in a desert.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just watched the arms direct. New characters and stages? Great news! I think I am sold

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Overbite posted:

I had no issues with the Wii U or even the 3ds and wifi. And I can't hook it up to the router otherwise I would. Called Nintendo about this a while back and they swore it wasn't the switches fault but it's the only device that has this problem so I dunno.

3DS had pretty meh wifi but it was a million times better than the Vita. Fortunately the Switch wifi seems pretty solid in my experience so far.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Overbite posted:

Did you actually turn it off or did you just hit the button? You have to hold the power button until the menu pops up that lets you reboot or shut down.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want to plug my Switch dock into my computer monitor for more comfortable big screen gaming than my couch/recliner, but my monitor doesn't have headphone out or speakers. Suggestions? :(

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Ciaphas posted:

I want to plug my Switch dock into my computer monitor for more comfortable big screen gaming than my couch/recliner, but my monitor doesn't have headphone out or speakers. Suggestions? :(

Plug your headphones into the switch

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

While it's docked? Does that actually work?

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Ciaphas posted:

Buy some speakers or headphones?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Tempura Wizard posted:

Plug your headphones into the switch

Gonna test this in two minutes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

KingEup posted:

Buy some speakers or headphones?

I mean I can't get audio out from the monitor to any speakers or headphones. Guess I could get an HDMI switch but my PC->Monitor connection is DisplayPort and bllaaaahhh I hate wiring.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So the Switch is pretty cool once I got it set up! I played a little bit of MK8. Where is the charging indicator for the console?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

While it's docked? Does that actually work?

It works, can confirm.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

It works, can confirm.

Cool! Too bad it turns out (just got home) my monitor doesn't even have an HDMI input so I literally can't plug the Switch into it. drat me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Morby posted:

So the Switch is pretty cool once I got it set up! I played a little bit of MK8. Where is the charging indicator for the console?

There isn't one. Kind of dumb but it only takes a second to turn it on and check.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

There isn't one. Kind of dumb but it only takes a second to turn it on and check.

Hitting the Home button to check the battery in the middle of Zelda is light years faster than using anything in the PS4's UI.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My brother says it's "common" for the joycon controllers not to have secure connections so they fall off/separate easy; is there truth to this? He's going between that and a PS4, I haven't heard of the issue.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

GobiasIndustries posted:

My brother says it's "common" for the joycon controllers not to have secure connections so they fall off/separate easy; is there truth to this? He's going between that and a PS4, I haven't heard of the issue.

Not in my experience and no one in this thread has described it either.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
It can happen if you drop it and the joycons get forced out, it can damage the little plastic nub that keeps it in place. It happened to the giant bomb guy

But I mean anything can break if you drop it so just don't do that!!!!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

Hitting the Home button to check the battery in the middle of Zelda is light years faster than using anything in the PS4's UI.

I really do appreciate just how fast this is compared to the wii u

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Facetious posted:

Give it time. Once they add Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, YouTube, etc. support the whole thing will go to poo poo like all UI's.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Give it time. Once they add Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, YouTube, etc. support the whole thing will go to poo poo like all UI's.

If a UI gets slower as options are added then it's been poorly engineered. There's no reason it has to be that way. I use plenty of UIs every day that are snappy no matter how many options they have, including my macbook and my android phone's launcher. Even if your UI options involve large images or audio, you can lazy-load them behind a placeholder and keep the rest of the UI snappy and responsive.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

GobiasIndustries posted:

Giant Bomb dudes dropped their pre-release switch and it snapped the connections off. They could then punch it out of the grip and whatnot which led to some gifs floating around.

They got it replaced and haven't had a issue since so take it for what you will

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

If I have the Switch left on in the dock, and the joycons turned on in the grip, will the joycons eventually fall asleep on their own or will they stay on until the battery drains?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

If I have the Switch left on in the dock, and the joycons turned on in the grip, will the joycons eventually fall asleep on their own or will they stay on until the battery drains?

They fall asleep.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

they die and you have to give them a funeral it's very sad

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

So it looks like Owlboy is coming to the Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp3aUyEEyWY&feature=youtu.be&t=6m30s

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I hope Super Smash Bros Deluxe is delayed so they can add Twintelle's rear end as a playable character.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:hellyeah: I wanted to grab that game on Steam for a while now, but imma hold off for a Switch release.

Also :allears: at Nintendo Japan holding a NYANdies Direct

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also Project Mekuru is out in Japan for like $10. Hoping a localisation happens soon, because that looks like some fun multiplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLuujB7AzKw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinitum posted:

Also Project Mekuru is out in Japan for like $10. Hoping a localisation happens soon, because that looks like some fun multiplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLuujB7AzKw

I can't imagine this game being fun for any periods of time. I'm pretty sure this game has been in multiple mario party games and paying full price for a slow as poo poo version is bleh.

I mean hell Kirby 64 has a game mode similar to it that looks a lot more fun.

• Locked thread