Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
March 2022 isn’t even a year away. That’s good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe I should slap on random text on some random renders and run it through a shittification filter for clicks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe I should slap on random text on some random renders and run it through a shittification filter for clicks

works for your posts :grin:

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Interesting, I just found out that this guy https://youtu.be/eIG9ep5fjFk
who From hired to do level design stuff for Elden Ring based on his impeccable Unreal Engine 4 recreation of Farron Woods also did level design for Mortal Chain. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kD213d

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Quantum of Phallus posted:

works for your posts :grin:

ouch

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

VideoGames posted:

Guardian Ape is just.

Wow.

That was the toughest fight of my life. and now there are two.

Sekiro status: still incredible. Still punishing. Extremely rewarding. When I actually beat it it is going to be a huge accomplishment to me. One of the ultimates. :hai:

I am drained right now.

Not sure if you're aware and this is no spoiler but you're gonna have to go through twice for all bosses. Luckily playthrough two is almost like a victory lap

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is there a twitch clip of the guardian ape moment?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I love the EDF school of design: Coming up on a boss, eh? well, have two why not

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

VideoGames posted:

Guardian Ape is just.

Wow.

That was the toughest fight of my life.

I briefly watched as well and saw the accidental firecrackers going off during that fight. Had to run shortly after but those couple of minutes stressed me out just watching, I don't think I'm cut out for these games, but I will find out shortly, when I finally bring myself to begin the hunt!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is there a twitch clip of the guardian ape moment?

Sadly the harsh reality of him being on the internet these past two years means that there was never a chance for us to get this moment, before he even started playing the game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

guardian bape

i dunno it's 2am

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can’t edit pictures on phone but I’d make the basket guy in Mibu Village wear Rick Owens and then he’d be

Geobasket Wearer Shosuke

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oscar Wild posted:

Not sure if you're aware and this is no spoiler but you're gonna have to go through twice for all bosses. Luckily playthrough two is almost like a victory lap

Twice???

Also thank you to Fridge and Morally and Segaholic and Fatking2. I knew there were some people I saw yesterday that chatted and I completely forgot :)

Woken up and feel a little bit more chill.

Are reflections of strength souped up versions of boss fights? I do not recall Guardian Ape or Lady Butterfly being able to one shot me with their first hit.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

guardian bape

i dunno it's 2am

Hahaha

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

We mentioned this wayyyyy back but yeah there’s one boss that only shows up with the worst ending. You can always come back and do that way at a later date though 😛 in fact I wonder if you can make multiple saves at a certain point so you can just go back to it quickly or if it involves save scumming/cloud storage stuff

One thing about the reflections of strength I forgot about until googling just now is that it sets your attack power and their stats to specific parameters that could easily be harder for you than it was when you first faced them. That is not ideal for the homework assignment! Oh well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah if you want to fight all bosses you have to do two playthroughs, but if you're okay with skipping the bad ending bosses then you don't need to.

The platinum also requires 3 playthroughs but I'm sure that's not really a consideration.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Twice???

Also thank you to Fridge and Morally and Segaholic and Fatking2. I knew there were some people I saw yesterday that chatted and I completely forgot :)

Woken up and feel a little bit more chill.

Are reflections of strength souped up versions of boss fights? I do not recall Guardian Ape or Lady Butterfly being able to one shot me with their first hit.

Hahaha

Thank god we've got a bank holiday to relax after that intense marathon lol!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I just got around to playing Zombie Army 4 last week, and there have been some issues but act 1 of the Zoo has me wondering: was this game balanced for 4 players and will not scale down for any less?

I ask that because of the climax where you crawl down to the crocodile enclosure.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Blind Rasputin posted:

So it’s just Dark Souls IV. I was hoping for a new experience I’m not ok with this. I won’t be purchasing.

you know you're not getting off this train

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I literally only showed up for the last fight against the monke, so I just choose to believe that he one shotted him and the Legend of VG continues in my mind.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

At the end of act 2 you are given a choice. If you backup your save before you get there then you can just reload it when you finish the game and then go the other way. Or you can do multiple play throughs to get the platinum.

Or you can skip it entirely.

E: I think pretty much everyone will say you should just start on NG+ once you finish. At least up through act 2 again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.sie.com/en/blog/announcing-playstations-new-partnership-with-discord/

Discord on PlayStation!!!

E: in 2022 :mrwhite:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

NG+ in Sekiro seemed to go by very quickly. It’s almost absurd how quickly. You know everything and do all the right moves and the early bosses are just paper bags. If you have all the prayer beads and gourd seeds a lot of the bosses become optional.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I guess it finally sank in that everyone hated their plan to turn groups and parties into a halfassed discord clone

Can we have the old functionality back now

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Blind Rasputin posted:

NG+ in Sekiro seemed to go by very quickly. It’s almost absurd how quickly. You know everything and do all the right moves and the early bosses are just paper bags. If you have all the prayer beads and gourd seeds a lot of the bosses become optional.

And you do them anyway because it's fun to just clown on them.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

haveblue posted:

I guess it finally sank in that everyone hated their plan to turn groups and parties into a halfassed discord clone

Can we have the old functionality back now

This means the opposite, they're leaning even harder into their decision by getting actual discord for probably a cheaper investment than it would've cost to clone it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has anyone talked to Beanpole lately? He hasn't been on here or PSN in a week and I sent him some texts like 4 days ago and got no response, which is odd. Hopefully he's doing allright.

Father Wendigo posted:

I just got around to playing Zombie Army 4 last week, and there have been some issues but act 1 of the Zoo has me wondering: was this game balanced for 4 players and will not scale down for any less?

I ask that because of the climax where you crawl down to the crocodile enclosure.

No. it scales to however many players there are unless you manually change it. That part can be sort of tough. You gotta try to get the tougher enemies before they even enter the enclosure or it's easy to get overwhelmed.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

veni veni veni posted:

No. it scales to however many players there are unless you manually change it. That part can be sort of tough. You gotta try to get the tougher enemies before they even enter the enclosure or it's easy to get overwhelmed.
But the enemies spawned after I flip the switch in the enclosure, and I'm also already dealing with green spitters and some very buggy suiciders that may spend the first two minutes running back and forth up above between jumping down points. That's between 10 seconds to a minute to take down two flamers and an LMG heavy, how am I supposed to accomplish that?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

But the enemies spawned after I flip the switch in the enclosure, and I'm also already dealing with green spitters and some very buggy suiciders that may spend the first two minutes running back and forth up above between jumping down points. That's between 10 seconds to a minute to take down two flamers and an LMG heavy, how am I supposed to accomplish that?

Most of them don't spawn in the pit. They spawn on top and drop down. If you look up top you'll see the flamer LMG and the suiciders trickling in from above. focus on taking them out so they can't get near you.

I can help you beat it if you'd like. PSN monostat7

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Thank god we've got a bank holiday to relax after that intense marathon lol!

I am still pretty frazzled and a little worried about later. Two!!

And thank you Esco, Oscar and Waltzing. I recall now what people were saying about twice. I was just forgetful of that fact because of the ape destroying me.

Lady VG said my reaction upon seeing two was so hilarious, so while there is no reaction of the moment with the Ape, there is a reaction of the moment with two and my sudden panic and crushed resigned defeat :)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

Has anyone talked to Beanpole lately? He hasn't been on here or PSN in a week and I sent him some texts like 4 days ago and got no response, which is odd. Hopefully he's doing allright.

i noticed too and asked in the ps5 thread and fridgecorn said:

fridge corn posted:

I think he said something about taking off for 2 weeks or something. He definitely mentioned to us in VGs streams that he was gonna miss a few

but yeah when a goon who posts every day stops posting or turning their super playstation 4 pro on...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If anyone I know would turn their phone off completely for a technology sabbatical it would be him, but it's just sort of weird, like I sent him a text asking if he was doing allright 4 days ago and haven't heard anything. I've been texting bs with him for years and never not heard back within an hour or so.

I'm sort of a worrywart lol. He probably went camping or something and can laugh at me later, it's just sort of strange .

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I am still pretty frazzled and a little worried about later. Two!!

And thank you Esco, Oscar and Waltzing. I recall now what people were saying about twice. I was just forgetful of that fact because of the ape destroying me.

Lady VG said my reaction upon seeing two was so hilarious, so while there is no reaction of the moment with the Ape, there is a reaction of the moment with two and my sudden panic and crushed resigned defeat :)

I'm gonna miss the first ~30 minutes of today's stream so I fully expect you to have trounced them and moved on by the time I arrive!

Unless you go explore the dungeon first I guess.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

NEW ELDEN RING LEAK
6 SECONDS. MARCH 2022uhhnoooo

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1389537345565827072?s=19

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

gasp

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

why would someone on the internet lie

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmao

convincing tho, fits with the real leak so they got me

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm gonna miss the first ~30 minutes of today's stream so I fully expect you to have trounced them and moved on by the time I arrive!

Unless you go explore the dungeon first I guess.

Honestly not sure what I will do first! Hope I can play OK too!! I need to pump myself up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gonna smear some vaseline on my GoPro and film the exterior of Providence Public Library at night for some sweet Elden Ring clicks.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao

convincing tho, fits with the real leak so they got me

That artist's designs are dope though, definitely fit the aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Elder Bling GOTY 2030