Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

ChiTownEddie posted:

How do you know? Tempest Trial says it is closed for me...
On the notice menu if you hit more on the second most recent one (announcing tempest trial coming soon) it shows the upcoming bonus units, along with who the 5* reward is. It also shows how many more points you get for lunatic 5 and a couple of other interesting things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Spent 180 orbs on the Summer banner and got none of them :(

At least I got a Faye for the upcoming tempest. I hope she isn't terrible.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

KoldPT posted:

This was on reddit

I have a great Sharena and a great Lukas, awesome!!

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
I've got... ugh... Alm. What skills does he need to not be poo poo?

Renewal's on MMarth, so I figure Swordbreaker in the B slot, whatever hone/fortify I have for C and Ardent Sacrifice in assist.

Any idea who the boss is this time?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Murderion posted:

I've got... ugh... Alm. What skills does he need to not be poo poo?

Renewal's on MMarth, so I figure Swordbreaker in the B slot, whatever hone/fortify I have for C and Ardent Sacrifice in assist.

Any idea who the boss is this time?

Alm is probably the worst of the Falchion users overall; in terms of using a Falchion Chrom is worse, but a +SPD one is still hitting harder than a +ATK Alm and only has one less speed, and if he's +ATK he's the strongest brave sword+ user in the game. Alm has nothing he can do that another unit can't do better.

Swordbreaker doesn't even work with Windsweep sadly, since the "can't double" effect always is in place.

I'm stuck with a -ATK Faye, so you're probably still better off than me (as much ATK at 5* level 40 as my Fury 3 using Olwen)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't have a 40% bonus unit but that's probably for the best because it means I won't be tempted to try to go past the irreplaceable rewards (50k last time, who knows how high it'll be this time)

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sodium Chloride posted:

yikes thats crazy. were you pulling red orbs?

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

I impulsively fed my Faye to Azura for the WOM, but from what I remember, she was extremely mediocre. She simply did not deal enough damage, and I was lucky enough to pull a Takumi from Herofest.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

the Orb of Zot posted:

Swordbreaker doesn't even work with Windsweep sadly, since the "can't double" effect always is in place.

Also they're both B skills. Thanks for the write-up.

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
Would be neat if the bonus unit had a neat weapon. I wonder if it will instead be a brave sword and he will have the same stats as Donnel.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Lube banjo posted:

yikes thats crazy. were you pulling red orbs?

No, mainly cause I have enough Raighs.

Snipee posted:

I impulsively fed my Faye to Azura for the WOM, but from what I remember, she was extremely mediocre. She simply did not deal enough damage, and I was lucky enough to pull a Takumi from Herofest.

Aw gently caress.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Nice I actually have a fully developed Mae because the game never gives me Reinhardt.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

Aw gently caress.

Good news is that she is great for initiating because she does not worry about counterattacks. Bad news is she deals modest damage, has low speed, and cannot retaliate with her own counterattacks.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

By the way, you don't need to level the bonus unit or build a team around them or anything, you can just start with a level 1 bonus unit and immediately surrender to your actual team, you'll still get the bonus unit multiplier that way. Your Survival rank will drop, but that's like, minus 0.5 multiplier, which is no very significant. Since the bonus units this time mostly aren't great combat-wise, this might be preferable over actually fielding them.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It doesn't matter when you use the bonus unit, right? Last time I started every run by throwing Robin on the pyre, but the bonus would have retroactively applied to all the previous matches if I had used him on my last team right? Cuz this time I'm going to be starting with my B team before moving on to my A team which is focused around buffing Mae and letting her nuke everything.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

THE loving MOON posted:

It doesn't matter when you use the bonus unit, right? Last time I started every run by throwing Robin on the pyre, but the bonus would have retroactively applied to all the previous matches if I had used him on my last team right? Cuz this time I'm going to be starting with my B team before moving on to my A team which is focused around buffing Mae and letting her nuke everything.

Yes, this will work

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Aren't the bonus units for Arena usually out by now?

E: oh I found it https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/881770389927374848

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Look back in the thread

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Tae posted:

Look back in the thread

those are the bonus units for tempest, aren't they

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Oh hey, Peri is on the bonus list. I might actually run full horse next season.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

gently caress, I thought arena units were changing next week

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elyv posted:

gently caress, I thought arena units were changing next week

thank god, the only bonus units i have are anna and the flier. she would actually probably be really good with the right team, but i don't have enough fliers for flier emblem.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hinoka is fine as a standalone unit

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
she's ok but i just had way more important units to train up, so she's really stock and when you gotta decide to sub out a fully-built nowi or a perfect reinhardt for her? that's when she turns straight disappointing.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

thank god, the only bonus units i have are anna and the flier. she would actually probably be really good with the right team, but i don't have enough fliers for flier emblem.

I have every single unit in this except the swimsuit ones and therefore have no 5 stars because I 5ed Sharena instead of Alfonse :saddowns:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The readiest unit I have from that list is a 4 star Sakura. poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

she's ok but i just had way more important units to train up, so she's really stock and when you gotta decide to sub out a fully-built nowi or a perfect reinhardt for her? that's when she turns straight disappointing.

Having both Rein and Nowi on the same arena team is a bit overkill anyway

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Operation Brave Tiki is go

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Elyv posted:

Also they're both B skills. Thanks for the write-up.

I actually forgot Windsweep was a B skill because it's that terrible and forgettable.

E: oh I found it https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/881770389927374848

I am so glad I promoted Legion up. He's unironically the best unit on rotation.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Yes, this will work

Awesome, thanks.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Summer Gaius is also at least useful. I did consider 5*ing Legion though, that speed is pretty nasty for an axe guy.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

An Effie died for this

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Voting Gauntlet orbs gave me a Mae, so I have a 40% unit after all, neat! A *5 +ATK/-HP Soren too, which makes me really happy. Didn't get him on the PoR banner, and he's one of my favorite characters from that game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I need so much SP on Summer Freddy, he still has an A and C skill left to learn.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

4792 with a full horse team and I didn't break a sweat the entire time. Peri is my good luck charm :stare:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gonna try using BCordelia in arena this week now that she's finally finished. I'm not really sure going offensive works super well without a dancer on the team but I guess I'll find out!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Gonna try using BCordelia in arena this week now that she's finally finished. I'm not really sure going offensive works super well without a dancer on the team but I guess I'll find out!
I've run BCordelia for weeks with 2 Reposition units instead of a dancer and it worked out just fine.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Bonfire or Ignis on Quick Riposte Xander?

This arena cycle is going to suck anyway because I have to run either Alfonse or Gunter and they're both terrible :shepface:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Cool I got a -Spd/+Def Robin so she's useless

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

the Orb of Zot posted:

Having Sakura saved my rear end, she tanked a heavy hitter and took me to a no-death streak :)

Today's maps are all good and there are no places where you can get screwed by weird dancer or reposition tricks in choke points or corners. If you want to grind your arena score, now's the time to do it.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

E: oh I found it
Why in the unholy goddamn unabridged gently caress is Masked Marth not an arena unit this season? That was pretty much my main reason for doing this:

And I was really looking forward to using her. Now I'm stuck with Alphonse's mediocre, unmerged rear end in Tier bloody 20. :argh: