Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I did the guided Nightfall yesterday with two random people and it was super easy. We finished with like 8 minutes left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Made Kraftyy's bitch rear end rage quit earlier today on PC. :q: Killed him one time (ok I only got the assist credit) and he dipped the gently caress out, loving oval office lmao

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Mikey-San posted:

Destiny 2 feels like a prototype for Destiny 1.

lmao this made me laugh

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

mango sentinel posted:

This is so frustrating. I bought D1 when Taken King came out, and they had their poo poo together. D2 is such a step backwards they're back at D1 launch.

It's actually worse than vanilla Destiny.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Chilichimp posted:

Yup, it's this. The D1 campaign was also way, way longer, whatever that's worth. I'm hoping the DLC adds enough... but TTK wasn't even the first DLC for D1, it was the loving 3rd.

Dark Below only added a few story quests, 1 raid, and I think 1-2 strilkes? It wasn't alot.
House of Wolves added a horde-mode... but it was super shallow and only designed for 3 people... but it did introduce VARIKS BITCH, so all is forgiven.
TTK introduced a new patrol arena (the dreadnought), the new Sword heavy, and all kinds of weird hidden poo poo to lose yourself doing for hours, like calcified fragments, court of oryx, bone engram, loving Weaponsmith testing... there was so much to DO in a week.

Dark Below actually had some tricks in its sleeves. It had one of the best character shaders in the whole vanilla D1 (sunsetting, but also glowhoo was neat), added new stuff to do in patrol and added the quest system, which was made perfect in TTK. It added motherfucking Urzok in Skywatch and the Xur's urinal quest line was a lot of fun. I also liked Eric's mom bounties.

The worst thing about the DLC was that it killed off high impact auto rifles and commendations to disallow people grinding too many factions at once (lol, gently caress you Luke Smith), but on the whole the DLC was good enough.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
So heres a question for the salty minded in this thread.

Gimme your top three fixes that would improve D2 in your opinion. I kinda see where people are coming from but id be interested in how people would fix things, and nothing like "make PVP fun again" as thats not useful and is entirely subjective.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

hitchensgoespop posted:

Gimme your top three fixes that would improve D2 in your opinion. I kinda see where people are coming from but id be interested in how people would fix things, and nothing like "make PVP fun again" as thats not useful and is entirely subjective.

1. Tons more loot. I like the set perks but there needs to be more stuff to collect. With more perks. Raid specific perks on raid gear, pvp centric perks on pvp gear, planet centric perks on planet gear. Stuff like that.
2. Tying power level to actually completing difficult content. Rising to 305 without doing the content you'd need such a high level for makes that content meaningless.
3. More meaningful cosmetic items from hard content. Where's the raid ships? The ghosts? The eververse stuff looks cool but carries no weight since you just get it for grinding levels.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

hitchensgoespop posted:

Bring back D1 ability regen.

Leave the good exotics alone, Buff the poo poo ones

More items, one or two random perks on items added to the existing perks

More pvp modes, including player count variable ones. Make these all options in play lists. Private matches.

QOL improvements to vault and inventory. Custom sorting, mass selling, faster loading of vault and inventory.

Fix the goddamn spawn bugs in all areas, especially the tower.

Make the farm useful, maybe have it be a farm. Let me drive the tractor, and make it a loving Allis Chalmers.

Deej, Luke, and the dev team up against the wall :commisar:

Bring back more D1 exotics

Variks bitch

Petra x Eris love connection

Rasputin

Weapon synths

Weapon and armor crafting

Larger public events, more mechanics, prestige difficulty trigger

I'm stopping here for now.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

1. Tons more loot. I like the set perks but there needs to be more stuff to collect. With more perks. Raid specific perks on raid gear, pvp centric perks on pvp gear, planet centric perks on planet gear. Stuff like that.
2. Tying power level to actually completing difficult content. Rising to 305 without doing the content you'd need such a high level for makes that content meaningless.
3. More meaningful cosmetic items from hard content. Where's the raid ships? The ghosts? The eververse stuff looks cool but carries no weight since you just get it for grinding levels.

I was about to say this. But now I have to improvise:

- A hive dlc made by Obsidian
- A factions war dlc made by Bioware
- A heroes of the fallen dlc made by Gearbox

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Also, bring back the d1 emotes. I missed out on the Elaine dance one and it makes me real sad

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hitchensgoespop posted:

1.) Bring back daily activities (heroic daily mission, strike, set PVP match). Make them rewarding.
2.) Lower cool-downs on abilities and supers for PVP, add more game modes like space dunk, bring back 6v6 so it's harder to just skill-out the other team.
3.) Add a loving IN GAME LFG TOOL JESUS loving CHRIST HOW IS IT DESTINY loving 2 ALREADY AND I STILL HAVE TO FIND GROUPS ON THE INTERNET! This one is huge. Raiding is a thing people wanna do and doing it any given night is basically a factor of :effort:

Bonus fix: Increase the bank storage to like a drat thousand and allow sorting by item type in the game vault screen (like it lets you do in the companion app!)

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Nov 15, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Destiny 2 pvp should have been a mix between Overwatch and Killzone, while the pve should have been a mix between Borderlands and Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The worst part about "Destiny 2" is it's essentially the same loving game as Destiny with FAR LESS content and a higher floor for graphic quality.

They needed to break with D1 because the graphics quality is lowered so it can run on XBox360 and PS3, and those systems are old as gently caress.

But... they had all the time from Rise of Iron to D2's release to get this game into a place where it could rightly take the mantle from D1, and they just loving dropped the ball.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The biggest change I'd make is going back to random gear rolls. The main reason I stopped playing is that it became an absolute fact that nothing that dropped for me would be an improvement over what I already had or had seen before. The only rewards I have never touched are locked behind hours and hours of effort.

Chilichimp posted:

But... they had all the time from Rise of Iron to D2's release to get this game into a place where it could rightly take the mantle from D1, and they just loving dropped the ball.

They had much more time than that, D2 was most likely in production from at least the release of TTK and possibly earlier.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

The worst part about "Destiny 2" is it's essentially the same loving game as Destiny with FAR LESS content and a higher floor for graphic quality.

But your comparing a 3 month old game with a game that had 4ish (i cant remember exactly) DLCs

My suspicion is that they had 1 main aim when building the game which was to make it more welcoming for new and casual players, so its less grindy and easier for people who dont play every night to get into, so you dont need to do the HM raid to get to 305, there are multiple ways to max light and multiple way to get most of the gear in the game.

The game itself is just "easier".

The raid is possibly the easiest of all the raids so far, doing the weekly milestones can be done in about 90 mins and any of the old school "prestige" type stuff like challenges get you cosmetic stuff that no one gives a poo poo about.

Its a shame really cos i logged crazy hours in D1 but at the moment im just raiding once a week and doing a few games of PvP, however im still confident that they will fix most things.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hitchensgoespop posted:

But your comparing a 3 month old game with a game that had 4ish (i cant remember exactly) DLCs

No I'm not. These are the same game with an intermission in the middle... except the second act is an entirely different story...

This is Quentin Tarantino's "Grindhouse".

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

hitchensgoespop posted:

Right but this is a sequel to that game. There is the expectation that the content, or at least some/most of it, from the first one would be the base for the second one.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 15, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hitchensgoespop posted:

Lol this is such bullshit

Here's the 2018 Toyota Camry, it looks a bit nicer than the 2017 model but you can't seriously expect us to have included all the same features!!!!!111

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Branch the codebase before TTK

Don't merge back in

total Chad move

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
-Make the Fighting Lion rounds explode on impact.
-Buff the Rat King so it is much stronger with other Rat Kings around
-Bring back HMG's

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

D2 has plenty of content (Adventures, Meditations, etc.), just no incentive to play them

Like I recently booted up D1 to goof around. Shiro had some Plagelands bounties, and I completed a couple which leveled up my Vanguard rep. I went to Zavala and was able to choose armor or weapon as my reward. I got a The Swarm with random perks which were actually really good. That less than an hour of gameplay in D1 had more incentive and reward than most of D2's endgame right now.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

moist turtleneck posted:

Branch the codebase before TTK

Don't merge back in

total Chad move

It's databases, man!
Databases are H A R D ! ! !

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

What if destiny was always bad.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Roman posted:

D2 has plenty of content (Adventures, Meditations, etc.), just no incentive to play them

Like I recently booted up D1 to goof around. Shiro had some Plagelands bounties, and I completed a couple which leveled up my Vanguard rep. I went to Zavala and was able to choose armor or weapon as my reward. I got a The Swarm with random perks which were actually really good. That less than an hour of gameplay in D1 had more incentive and reward than most of D2's endgame right now.

This is true, but the flipside of this is grinding out Shiro bounties for a month and not getting anything out of it worth a drat, and the best content with the best offerings for much of D1 was raids with mostly fixed weapon rolls.

D2 is something that might've been excusable if it came out as is after House of Wolves, but after 3 years and who knows how much money this game should've dropped with 12 strikes and 2 raids, frankly.

^ shocking if true

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Roman posted:

Yeah, but everyone else got dogshit perks. I hated the random perk system in d1

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

What if destiny was always bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfvBgBDpm0

We need better exotic weapons that make us feel powerful and git gud to complete punishing content.

Destiny 1 was a bad idea, but had some moments that redeemed it into a fun experience:

Painting people screens green with Thorn. Watching a horde die with a ghallahorn rocket. The Vault of Glass.

Destiny 2 just lack that, at the moment.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 15, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 1 was always fun, but I wouldn't say it was good until they figured out the perk trees for weapons (y2 hoj and y3 vendor, IB, trials, etc).

It's legitimately hard to get a useless gun in AoT era destiny. Complaining about D1 RNG perks is a non starter because they fixed it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Destiny 2 ends with a literal Deus ex Machina.

And then stops.

Is a new "gold age" of humanity. But lets never speaks about that ever again.

So... humm.. 2 turns of happyness and we celebrate the birthday of the king?

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 15, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Remove the eververse and distribute the cosmetics as actual rewards for doing poo poo Instead of gambling.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

Remove the eververse and distribute the cosmetics as actual rewards for doing poo poo Instead of gambling.

It's 2017 so the cosmic scales must remain balanced. We got eating rear end being in so we must have microtransactions.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

limaCAT posted:

Destiny 2 pvp should have been a mix between Overwatch and Killzone.

Hire this man.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol this is such bullshit

Here's the 2018 Toyota Camry, it looks a bit nicer than the 2017 model but you can't seriously expect us to have included all the same features!!!!!111

Really? His quote was specifically that there was no content, Its still the same game but moaning that theres no content is dumb as poo poo because D1 has 2.5 years of content, D1 has 3 months. If you think a game developer is gonna release a game on day 1 with the same amount of content as that then switch off your monitor and lol no more.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

hitchensgoespop posted:

Really? His quote was specifically that there was no content, Its still the same game but moaning that theres no content is dumb as poo poo because D1 has 2.5 years of content, D1 has 3 months. If you think a game developer is gonna release a game on day 1 with the same amount of content as that then switch off your monitor and lol no more.

It's almost like sequels should build on what came before them though? Destiny 2 is a step back in almost every way from what people are saying. Even basic quality of life poo poo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/bthorne/status/930149812996935680

raid content?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Norns posted:

It's almost like sequels should build on what came before them though? Destiny 2 is a step back in almost every way from what people are saying. Even basic quality of life poo poo.

It's not like this is at all exclusive to Destiny, the last three Civilization games have done the exact same thing. Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc, etc all launch with less content than the expanded games that came before.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's either going to be in addition to Vault of Glass or added on content to Leviathan.

Personally I hope for some kind of horde mode or something procedurally generated that doesn't take that same time investment a raid does.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress doors

Serf
May 5, 2011

deadwing posted:

It's not like this is at all exclusive to Destiny, the last three Civilization games have done the exact same thing. Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc, etc all launch with less content than the expanded games that came before.

its almost as if they intentionally don't include features/content that you've gotten used to and instead section them off into dlc you can pick up for $14.99 apiece until you've wound up buying essentially a whole new game just to get the amount o of stuff you were expecting and this is on top of a loot box system for getting cosmetic appearances that used to just be free

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

deadwing posted:

This has been the broad trend in all AAA game design since the recession basically, game design costs are increasing but game prices aren't and in order to recoup losses and turn a profit they make smaller, prettier games and use revenue-enhancing devices like microtransactions. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Discrepancy in content between d1 and d2: no biggie, there's more coming.
Discrepancy in quality of life features between d1 and d2: what the gently caress were they smoking?