Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm getting mad! and nude! on the internet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

I don't even want to be in a restaurant

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Obvious observation here but the point of the Sedaris thing and all its knockoffs aren't to provide a useful heuristic for elections, it's to reassure libs that actually they are really smart for not asking questions

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Probably Magic posted:

I'm getting mad! and nude! on the internet!

cease to post

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

You wake up, chained to a wall by one arm in a dirty room. You see a saw next to you. A voice announces over a speaker that you can either cut off your arm or die from dehydration. The saw isn't strong enough to cut the chain.

No one wants to cut off an arm, but it's better than dying! Vote Biden, no one wants to, but it's so much better than the alternative!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
whoops you bled out

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Serf posted:

the analogy makes no sense because we don't all live and work in the same restaurant

You enter a restaurant. The restaurant is full of chuds.
> LEAVE RESTAURANT

You cannot leave the restaurant without permission from another restaurant
> ORDER FOOD

The only food is rat poison.
> ORDER DIFFERENT FOOD

Sorry, while your table of ten wants different food there's multiple gigantic tables with only one person on them that outweigh you
> gently caress THIS

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

They were ready to commit suicide over RBG dying as the court is lost forever, this was it, the worst moment in the world
Now they are celebrating like the end of Return of Jedi over some tax returns no one cares about, this is it, the best moment in the world

It's basically a frightening display of how much control the media has over political discourse.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Atrocious Joe posted:

You wake up, chained to a wall by one arm in a dirty room. You see a saw next to you. A voice announces over a speaker that you can either cut off your arm or die from dehydration. The saw isn't strong enough to cut the chain.

No one wants to cut off an arm, but it's better than dying! Vote Biden, no one wants to, but it's so much better than the alternative!

As usual in this election, it all goes back to the Joker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D4qvaLpHfw

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

It's basically a frightening display of how much control the media has over political discourse.

these people deserve to be blamed for retreating into their saccharine fantasies despite knowing better. cast a finger at the propaganda all you want, none of them deserve anything but scorn for giving in every single time without fail

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My God they think Trump's taxes are the October surprise

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
do they know it’s still September

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm more concerned about a single rich rear end in a top hat's taxes than the system that allows rich assholes to exist and grind everyone into bone meal.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

Deified Data posted:

My God they think Trump's taxes are the October surprise

I mean, the libs leaked it and they couldnt even do it in the correct month

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

CodeJanitor posted:

I mean, the libs leaked it and they couldnt even do it in the correct month

It's too hot to sit on unlike the covid info from that book.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
If Hillary won in 2016, then the Supreme Court would currently be 6-3 in favor of Democrats.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I think D&D would be a good case study for herd bipolar disorder.

They were ready to commit suicide over RBG dying as the court is lost forever, this was it, the worst moment in the world
Now they are celebrating like the end of Return of Jedi over some tax returns no one cares about, this is it, the best moment in the world

I'm not sure I could handle being on such a rollercoaster of emotion but I also have not been driven insane by politics so what do I know

political movement entirely made up of seals trained to clap on command

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

If Hillary won in 2016, then the Supreme Court would currently be 6-3 in favor of Democrats.

absolutely not

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

punk rebel ecks posted:

lol no it would be 4-3 in favor of conservatives now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

It was 4-4 after Scalia died and McConnell wouldn't hold hearings for Merrick Garland

The Republicans would simply refuse to fill the seat vacated by Scalia, leaving it 4-4 instead of 5-4 after Gorsuch's appointment

Anthony Kennedy wouldn't resign, continuing to keep it at 4-4 instead of 5-4 where Kennedy gets replaced by Kavanaugh

And then Ginsburg dies in September 2020, and the Supreme Court becomes 4-3

Now the Republicans would REALLY refuse to fill the seat, because now it's a conservative majority again, and especially since the 2018 midterms under a Clinton administration would have probably turned the Senate even more red than it already is

Checkmate

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
just think

the orange man

might wind up in

an orange JUMPSUIT

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

punk rebel ecks posted:

The actual answer:
- Hillary gets hit with impeachments every day until Pelosi just can't do anything anymore because that would be hard and could make republicans mad, so she lets one go through.
- Hillary is impeached
- Her VP (whatever he/she was/is/who/gently caress if i remember) is president.
- In 2020, the president dies to Covid.
- In 2020, the speaker of the house dies to covid
- loving Chuck Grassely is president
- The supreme court is replaced with a dairy queen

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CodeJanitor posted:

- The supreme court is replaced with a dairy queen

in our darkest hour, is it Karen's time

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao that taintrunners only setting is 11

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1310474349393174534?s=19

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Lmao

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

at the end of the day, it's about keeping the riff-raff out of the Upper East Side

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

shocked, just shocked

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Atrocious Joe posted:

This analogy works perfectly, in fact.

4 inches beyond the reach of your hands is a cell phone labeled "Hawkins."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wasn't there a tweet earlier that literally was like "If I had to get shot, I'd rather get shot in the leg rather than in the head"

Biden: better than getting shot in the head

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

VR Native American posted:

Petition to rename C-Spam

signed

Divot
Dec 23, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wasn't there a tweet earlier that literally was like "If I had to get shot, I'd rather get shot in the leg rather than in the head"

IIRC this was Biden's version of police reform. Teach the cops to shoot them in the leg.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lmfao consider that taint ran, drat

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tubgoat posted:

This analogy works perfectly, in fact.

4 inches beyond the reach of your hands is a cell phone labeled "Hawkins."

THAT CELL PHONE DOESN'T WORK, I scream, not even trying to reach for it, as I hack away at my arm, happy that my captor gave me a reasonable alternative. I can get my arm sewn back on later, when this is all over.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Divot posted:

IIRC this was Biden's version of police reform. Teach the cops to shoot them in the leg.
Lol "teach" a cop. You may as well try to educate a teapot!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

VomitOnLino posted:

these taints don't run

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Divot posted:

funny thing this is literally what you're supposed to do with rubber bullets, and the cops aren't doing it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

funny thing this is literally what you're supposed to do with rubber bullets, and the cops aren't doing it

Well, ricochet them off the ground into peoples' legs, but that's probably a little too math-adjacent for them.

A child who never played Bubble Bobble is a dull child.