Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

OldAlias posted:

File talk:Obese Chihuahua.jpg

That is not a Chihuahua. That is a cat you idiot....

I showed the photo to my friend the veterinary technician. She says "It's got the coarser hair of a dog, plus the hind leg is definitely that of a dog". DS (talk) 14:28, 14 September 2012 (UTC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbvY2NQ54SM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Tranby Croft affair in 1891 and disgraced socialite William Gordon Cumming's subsequent lawsuit, known together as the Royal Baccarat Scandal, due to the involvement of the future King Edward VII, then Prince of Wales, in the incident, inspired a huge amount of media interest in the game, bringing Baccarat to the attention of the public at large, with rules being published in newspaper accounts of the scandal.

this is an actual sentence on the wikis

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
In the novel it is normal, even routine, to enjoy pedophilic pleasure from interactions with very young children, both male and female. A lot of attention is given to feces, which the men consume as a delicacy. The place designated for making GBS threads is the chapel.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

not wikipedia, but

quote:

Only queen honey bees may be shipped via air transportation. Each queen honeybee shipped via air transportation may be accompanied by up to eight attendant honeybees.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It should be noted that a subversive look at otakuism is not a defining factor of Kaikai Kiki's galleries; Bome, one of the most important artists involved with the very first Superflat exhibition, is a famous otaku figure sculptor and his work based on existing bishoujo anime characters has been showcased in multiple galleries including a solo exhibition in the Kaikai Kiki Gallery. The artist Mr. is a self-described lolicon and views his artwork to be not a cultural commentary but a portrayal of his own personal fantasies. [4]

http://www.lehmannmaupin.com/artists/mr#18

(don't look at the rest of the gallery)

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

hackbunny posted:

http://www.lehmannmaupin.com/artists/mr#18

(don't look at the rest of the gallery)

would call the police if I saw someone who owned such a thing anywhere near a school or nursery

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Literature

Exodus (poem), an Old English retelling of the Biblical departure
Exodus (Uris novel), a 1958 novel by Leon Uris, based partly on the story of the Jewish refugee ship by that name
Exodus (Bertagna novel), a 2002 science fiction novel by Julie Bertagna
Exodus (Starfire), a science fiction novel by Steve White and Shirley Meier
Z213: Exit, a 2009 fictional diary by Dimitris Lyacos based on the biblical Exodus
Transformers: Exodus by Alexander C. Irvine

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
im so mad that a thing showed up when i searched for something let me tell you

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

The Killing Jelq posted:

Exodus (poem), an Old English retelling of the Biblical departure

this one is legit good, you should read it

Boxturret posted:

im so mad that a thing showed up when i searched for something let me tell you

if that's the exodus one then i think the funy is having transformers poo poo under the "literature" heading

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Soricidus posted:

this one is legit good, you should read it

if that's the exodus one then i think the funy is having transformers poo poo under the "literature" heading

yeah, that was the joke.

Transformers: Exodus – The Official History of the War for Cybertron is a science fiction adventure novel by Alexander C. Irvine. It revolves around the Transformers and the origin of the war and experiences prior to it. It was believed to be a possible prequel to Transformers: Prime as noted in the book Transformers Vault and verified as such in the Transformers: Prime episode "One Shall Rise part 3", which references the entire book as part of a flashback into the way the war between the Autobots and Decepticons began. Exodus explores the backgrounds of Optimus Prime and Megatron within the Prime universe, showing how they came to be the leaders of their respective factions.[1] The book also delves more heavily into the mythology of other well-known aspects of the Transformers characters and locations, such as Alpha Trion and The Fallen, whose original name is revealed in this story for the first time as Megatronus.

edit: :lol:

Critical reception

Transformers: Exodus has been called an easy read with good writing.[2]

The Killing Jelq fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 21, 2015

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is a list of fictional bears that appear in video games, film, television, animation, comics and literature. This also includes Pandas, but not the unrelated Red Panda species.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

This is a list of fictional bears that appear in video games, film, television, animation, comics and literature. This also includes Pandas, but not the unrelated Red Panda species.

doesn't include enviro bear, definitely worthless

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

those jerks aren't down with red panda awareness :mad:

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
List of made-for-television and direct-to-video Christmas films

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Plot

Ziggy (who does not say any dialogue in the special) and his faithful dog Fuzz take a job as a street Santa to raise money for the poor. Surrounded by crooked Santas, sneaky thieves and a suspicious cop, Ziggy remains honest and kind.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

ahmeni posted:

doesn't include prime number making GBS threads bear, definitely worthless

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

i was not previously aware of the prime number making GBS threads bear
i feel enlightened

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
Jizz is a term used by birders to describe the overall impression or appearance of a bird garnered from such features as shape, posture, flying style or other habitual movements, size and colouration combined with voice, habitat and location.

Sean Dooley described jizz as "the indefinable quality of a particular species, the 'vibe' it gives off" and notes that although it is "dismissed by many as some kind of birding alchemy, there is some physical basis to the idea of jizz."[1]

Experienced birders can often make reliable identifications in the field at a glance by utilising jizz. Often jizz is useful for identifying to the family or genus level, rather than the species level. For example, "It definitely had the jizz of a thrush, but I couldn't see what kind."

The word has been extended to refer to the impression of the general characteristics of other animals or plants.

The origin of the word is a mystery. There is a theory that it comes from the World War II air force acronym GISS for "General Impression of Size and Shape (of an aircraft)", but the birding term was first recorded earlier than that in 1920.[2] More likely, jizz is a corruption of gestalt, a German word that roughly means form or shape,[3] or more specifically from the word gist which has the same meaning.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

quote:

there is some physical basis to the idea of jizz.

MODS

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

quote:

Often jizz is useful for identifying to the family

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

daft punk railroad posted:

More likely, jizz is a corruption of gestalt, a German word that roughly means form or shape
b-b-but that has a hard g

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Common four-letter words (in this sense) that are widely considered vulgar or offensive to a notable degree include: oval office, gently caress (and regional variants such as feck, fick and foak), jism (or gism), jizz, piss, twat and tits. Piss in particular, however, may be used in non-excretory contexts (pissed off, i.e. "angry", in US English; pissed, i.e. "drunk" in UK English) that are often not considered particularly offensive, and the word also occurs several times with its excretory meaning in the King James Bible. Several of these (including even piss, despite its biblical pedigree) have been declared legally indecent under the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) TV and radio open-airwave broadcasting regulations.

A number of additional words of this length are upsetting to some, for religious or personal sensitivity reasons, such as: arse (UK), drat, fart, hell, poo poo, wang, and wank (UK). Racial, and sexual orientation slurs may also qualify, such as mong, gook, kike, spic, coon, dago and dyke. Several "four-letter words" have multiple meanings (some even serving as given names), and usually only offend when used in their vulgar senses, for example: cock, dick, knob, muff, puss, shag (UK) and toss (UK). A borderline category includes words that are euphemistic evasions of "stronger" words, as well as those that happen to be short and have both an expletive sound to some listeners as well as a sexual or excretory meaning (many also have other, non-vulgar meanings): butt (US), crap, darn, dump, heck, mofo (US), poop (US), slag (UK, NZ, AUS), slut and turd, as several examples. Finally, certain four-lettered terms with limited usage can be considered offensive by some, within the regional dialect in which they are used, such as mong and mary.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
even piss!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

drat, fart, hell

:argh:

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
drat hell rear end kings

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

quote:

In the 1960s British science fiction TV series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons episode "Model Spy", Colonel White remarks that Cloudbase is an operational base and not the Folies Bergère.
In the 1960s British science fiction TV series Thunderbirds episode "The Perils of Penelope" Alan Tracy expresses disappointment at not being able to accompany his brothers to "The Folies". Lady Penelope tells him he is too young.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Common four-letter words (in this sense) that are widely considered vulgar or offensive to a notable degree include: oval office, gently caress (and regional variants such as feck, fick and foak), jism (or gism), jizz, piss, twat and tits. Piss in particular, however, may be used in non-excretory contexts (pissed off, i.e. "angry", in US English; pissed, i.e. "drunk" in UK English) that are often not considered particularly offensive, and the word also occurs several times with its excretory meaning in the King James Bible. Several of these (including even piss, despite its biblical pedigree) have been declared legally indecent under the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) TV and radio open-airwave broadcasting regulations.

A number of additional words of this length are upsetting to some, for religious or personal sensitivity reasons, such as: arse (UK), drat, fart, hell, poo poo, wang, and wank (UK). Racial, and sexual orientation slurs may also qualify, such as mong, gook, kike, spic, coon, dago and dyke. Several "four-letter words" have multiple meanings (some even serving as given names), and usually only offend when used in their vulgar senses, for example: cock, dick, knob, muff, puss, shag (UK) and toss (UK). A borderline category includes words that are euphemistic evasions of "stronger" words, as well as those that happen to be short and have both an expletive sound to some listeners as well as a sexual or excretory meaning (many also have other, non-vulgar meanings): butt (US), crap, darn, dump, heck, mofo (US), poop (US), slag (UK, NZ, AUS), slut and turd, as several examples. Finally, certain four-lettered terms with limited usage can be considered offensive by some, within the regional dialect in which they are used, such as mong and mary.

agreed idiot heck fecker

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

piiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssss

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

agreed idiot heck fecker

i was trying to figure out how to make this joke but my brain plum give out

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"Epic metal" redirects here. For epic doom metal, see Doom metal § Epic doom.

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

daft punk railroad posted:

drat hell rear end kings

crap boobs crap

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
In the months following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico (April 2010) by BP, Tur conducted studies to locate the submerged oil that threaten the sealife swimming through hydrocarbon plumes deep below the Gulf. Tur tracked up to 1,400 square miles (3,600 km2) a day for the Mississippi Canyon 252/Deepwater Horizon (MS252) toxins, results confirmed by Ken Lukins, BP's consulting director of their High Interest Technology Test (HITT) Team, but despite the results that could keep neurotoxin dosed fish, and crabs from those that consume Gulf seafood, BP was unwilling to green light Tur's helicopter-based sensor program.[citation needed][17][not in citation given][unreliable source?]

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
this entire article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makurakotoba

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010

on the other hand, it's kind of impressive that it took me two clicks from that article before i landed on an anime

The Killing Jelq
Jun 13, 2012

Soricidus posted:

on the other hand, it's kind of impressive that it took me two clicks from that article before i landed on an anime

yeah, by the lack of this kind of poo poo: (ファイナルファンタジー Fainaru Fantajī?),
you can tell it was written by the small contingent of white spergy East Asian Studies majors who loudly protest that they neither like anime nor have yellow fever (i.e. those that are able to graduate)

The Killing Jelq fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Vibrations is a 1996 film directed and written by Michael Paseornek. It is one of the first films to be released on DVD after the movie 'Twister', also from 1996.

Upon release Vibrations had initial success due to its gritty realism and uncompromising (and unconventional) character development. But Vibrations gained a loyal underground following and quickly became a cult classic, helping propel electronic music into the 21st century.

Vibrations follows the true story of TJ Cray, an up and coming Rock star in the making. On his way to the big city to audition for an A & R man and secure a record deal, his car is hit by a car load of drunks who then use heavy machinery to sever his hands. With his hands gone TJ falls out of the music business and becomes a homeless drunk with plastic hands. TJ Cray believes all is lost until one night he is awoken in the dirty warehouse he sleeps in by a pulsating rhythmic beat. There's an illegal rave party in the warehouse and TJ is found by Anamika, a computer artist, who takes him outside for fresh air. They become good friends after TJs plastic hands help him stop Anamika getting raped by knife wielding rave thugs. Anamika introduces TJ to her friends, including Geek, who replace TJs plastic hands with metal robot piano playing hands. Eventually TJ has a metallic cyber suit made for him and he pioneers electronic music, becoming an overnight sensation known as Cyberstorm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0S6b7_Z404

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 25, 2015