Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

RanKizama posted:

Glad to see them nerfing the piss out of the Japanese heavies. The O-I tanks really needed it.

Skoda T40 gets a pen buff. That'll help.

Holy poo poo at those Scorpion buffs. I might take mine out for another spin soon.

What are they nerfing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hahaaaa, they're not touching the O-Ho, get hosed so hard, pubbies!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

0,26 accuracy on the Grille 15 :getin: (I like hitting things)

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What are they nerfing?

traverse speed, dispersion, reload times

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/version-915-super-test/

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What are they nerfing?
Pretty much everything about the guns, traverse speeds, and an HP nerf.

Haven't had as much trouble with the O-Ho. Are the tanks at that tier just better equipped to deal with them?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Why do people let me cupola-snipe them with my KV-2? Just why.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

R. Mute posted:

Why do people let me cupola-snipe them with my KV-2? Just why.

i'm reminded of that american general who said "they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance" and then promptly got shot

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I was wondering when Wargaming was finally going to get their hands on a Battlefields/War Stories comic: http://kotaku.com/preacher-writer-garth-ennis-will-write-a-new-world-of-t-1772801145

I don't see a 'mature audiences' badge on that cover...so I'm guessing there won't be any rape or calling people 'cunts' three times per page. You can barely call that a Garth Ennis comic.

Heh:

Kotaku: How familiar were you with the Wargaming franchises before taking on this work? What’s impressed you most about their approach to recreating military vehicles from decades ago?

Ennis: I probably know even less about modern wargaming than I do about computer games in general. But I was impressed by their attention to detail, particularly some of the research videos I found on YouTube. And I was glad they weren’t asking me to write nonsense: no tanks from different eras encountering each other, or tanks fighting giant robots or dinosaurs.

Translation: "These Russian guys wanted to give me money, so I said 'yeah, sure.'"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 26, 2016

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Today, the arcade version of KanColle hit Japanese game centers, and drew lines of fans, with some waiting up to several hours to play.

Wargaming could be sitting on a goldmine here, but instead they make WoT Generals. :downsbravo:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Blizzard so far have been the only company to put the effort and resources into a viable digital TCG. Every other company just don't try successfully invest into their game or the system. Direwolf Digital has a couple games coming up so we'll see if that changes, but thus far, WoT:G is just another in a long line of companies with terrible business sense that refuses to learn from Hearthstone.

Did they ever end up add animations to Generals? I was thinking something like Advance Wars would be cool.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I still maintain that all Wargaming needed to do to make Generals a success is replace its abundance of wrinkly old men with anime schoolgirls.

Personally, I don't give a poo poo about anime, but from a business and commercial standpoint it's clearly the way to go.

Edit: Redo Band of Brothers as an anime: War Waifus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qm0KUPeD8&t=14s

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 26, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

0,26 accuracy on the Grille 15 :getin: (I like hitting things)

traverse speed, dispersion, reload times

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/version-915-super-test/

Jesus, the O-I Exp is already glacial in its turning and the reload isn't great. It was already like a nerfed old school KV. I barely even got it and it's already getting nerfed.

Now what T6 heavy should I get? I've got the M6 elited, KV-85, KV-2 (don't like it all that much, plus I have maybe 4-500 games in it so I'm tired of it), and the VK3601 elited.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

RanKizama posted:

Glad to see them nerfing the piss out of the Japanese heavies. The O-I tanks really needed it.
The jaded sealclubber in me (that is, 90% of me) is sad about this, but I can't really deny it was called for. I've been tooling around with the O-I lately and that poo poo gets loving ridiculous.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Jesus, the O-I Exp is already glacial in its turning and the reload isn't great. It was already like a nerfed old school KV. I barely even got it and it's already getting nerfed.

Now what T6 heavy should I get? I've got the M6 elited, KV-85, KV-2 (don't like it all that much, plus I have maybe 4-500 games in it so I'm tired of it), and the VK3601 elited.

You should stick with the Japanese heavy line and reconsider your evaluation of those nerfs.

I mean, I'm on my phone, so maybe there's something I'm missing, but lol at those nerfs. Of course the traverse dispersion is gonna be noticeable, but they didn't touch pen on the Experimental, only hit aim time with point two seconds and reload time by a whopping POINT THREE seconds. Mobility seems to be completely unaffected except for 2 degrees of hull traverse on the top suspension.

The guns that got the worst nerf are the ones you're not using.

And if they leave the hull traverse nerf of the O-I at 22 PERCENT, not like 2-3 degrees, that's the only bad nerf. Turret traverse was increased by a little, aim time untouched, and reload time nerfed by A FULL SECOND. that's what, like a 2% nerf to reload?

Just lol at those nerfs, I'll still be clowning on fools in the O-I Exp. and they didn't touch my O-Ho. :smug:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So after marathoning Dark Souls 3 for the past 2-3 weeks I decided to hop back into tanks for a few games.

T-10 is so amazing. I always did love the IS-8, the little tweaks they did to it really make this tank awesome.

Škoda T 25 is awesome.

E75 is still a stat padders dream.

I cannot win in the M4 French.

I still suck rear end with arty.

Type 62 is fun, shame I cannot carry in it more than I can.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nordick posted:

The jaded sealclubber in me (that is, 90% of me) is sad about this, but I can't really deny it was called for. I've been tooling around with the O-I lately and that poo poo gets loving ridiculous.
It's like when you see someone with 5,000 battles in a T67, then you see that they also have like 8,000 in a Hellcat and you know that they only switched because the Hellcat got nerfed.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I probably wasn't being fair, I guess. My commander is only at about 80% on the O-I Exp. When I get in a position where I can use my armor and reliably get shots with the 10cm, it's great. It's just that it doesn't happen a lot. I also get what seems like way too many shots going way off target. Does having a <100% gunner change the distribution of the shots, or just the radius of the area they can fly to?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The thing with the O-I Experimental isn't its armor (because the armor is bad), it's the fact that the tank is WAY faster than a brick that size has any right to be. The way to play it is using hard cover until you find some oblivious gaggle of pubbies and then crash into their midst like a giant wrecking ball. 100 tons plowing into things at 40 kmph is gonna loving wreck just about anything at those tiers. The gun is somewhat inaccurate, but it's loving brutal at closer ranges.

And yeah it will obviously get better when your crew gets better. As far as I know, gunner skill affects aim time but not actual dispersion. Aim time is still pretty important for the tank, because the faster you can take your potshots from out of cover, the better. You should never try to rely on the armor except against some really piddly lower tier guns.

EDIT: Well ok, I'm probably being a bit too negative about the armor, but not my much. The cool thing about it is how it's pretty uniformly thick on all sides, so it's pretty easy to angle to get some bounces off it. But still it's not very reliable.

EDIT 2: This just happened in a bit over 4 minutes:

I could've probably gotten over 3k before dying but goddamn fastcappers ruined my fun :argh:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 26, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I hadn't thought about intentionally ramming stuff. That seems dangerously aggressive.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Noone can.
Skip it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I hadn't thought about intentionally ramming stuff. That seems dangerously aggressive.
The tank is dangerously aggressive. You just have to time the aggression right.
I'm not saying you should go out of your way to ram things if you can just shoot them, but for example if you get into a situation where you can blindside a couple of tanks, it will absolutely pay off to ram one and shoot the other.

For me the tank seems to be a feast-or-famine kinda thing. Either I get focused on and picked apart helplessly or I grind everything before me to pulp.

Also I just had a battle where I was aiming at an enemy KV-1S but instead killed a Hetzer who was about halfway between us and hadn't ever been spotted in that battle. That was amusing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nordick posted:

Also I just had a battle where I was aiming at an enemy KV-1S but instead killed a Hetzer who was about halfway between us and hadn't ever been spotted in that battle. That was amusing.

So far my biggest :wtc: moment was when I bounced a shot off a guy that went on to hit a Pz. III, light it on fire, and kill it.

Edit: Replay, but it was in 9.13

McGavin fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 27, 2016

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Two afternoons in my recently repurchased Sherman III...

Two Marks of Excellence with the 105mm. Wonderful little gun.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Mesadoram posted:

Michaellaneous posted:

Noone can.
Skip it.

:confused:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I think they're referring to the M4A1 Revalorisé.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
http://imgur.com/kRrk1Rr this match maker is hosed up on all kinds of levels in this game

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
The five artillery then proceeded to destroy the entire town and everyone in it while the Toaster watched with a cheerful gleam in his eye.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RanKizama posted:

Yup this lol.

On a side note, mle. 48 is actually kinda fun. Shame its armor is not too hot, but its pretty good.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I should get the M4A1 Rev. at some point. I seem to have a knack for making "not good, but not inherently terrible" tanks work to some degree.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

RanKizama posted:

Actually no.
The M4 Rev owns.
I couldn't stand the M4 mle.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

This is what happens when you have some Polish dude in an FV304 covering you the whole round.

Two tanks managed to get behind me and he killed/helped me kill them both.

In the end it was me and the FV against a KV-3 and IS-3. The KV used HE at me from point blank (whyyyyyy) and the IS decided it was best to just ignore me. Can't be mad at this tank with its stupid armor that produces bullshit bounces all the time and the 20 pounder.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tier 4 1 vs 1 Tournament this Saturday!

Luchs or Matilda? I'm leaning Luchs.

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.

A Handed Missus posted:

This is what happens when you have some Polish dude in an FV304 covering you the whole round.

Two tanks managed to get behind me and he killed/helped me kill them both.

In the end it was me and the FV against a KV-3 and IS-3. The KV used HE at me from point blank (whyyyyyy) and the IS decided it was best to just ignore me. Can't be mad at this tank with its stupid armor that produces bullshit bounces all the time and the 20 pounder.

Hows the British TDs been? I've been trying to decide between that, American (hellcat and up), or Russian

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A new record in tunnel vision
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SupwQsV8RSw

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

McGavin posted:

Tier 4 1 vs 1 Tournament this Saturday!

Luchs or Matilda? I'm leaning Luchs.

Covenanter is pretty good too at tier 4, shorter clip reload, and better gun handling. If a luch with the 3 cm misses a shot a convenanter can outdpm the luchs 17s reload, with his 5.2 second clip reload. Plus the luch has to be lucky to clip out the convenanter damage wise.

Biggest trade offs are the convenanter is slower and its gold pen is a little lacking but should be sufficient for tier 4.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

RanKizama posted:

That loving tank sucks. I bought it thinking the small size, high alpha, and depression would make for a great little tank.

How wrong I was. The gun handling is goddamn atrocious. Like, IS-5 levels of godawful.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Grimshak posted:

Hows the British TDs been? I've been trying to decide between that, American (hellcat and up), or Russian

I'm not sure about the tier 2 and 3 TDs, but it gets pretty good from the Alecto with its 6 pounder or howitzer. After that it's lots of armor, low speed and high firing rates. Some fairly obvious weakspots from the AT 8 and onwards, but that hasn't been too problematic for me. Especially when you're just shooting from a distance. I like them so far.

I did try the Churchill Gun Carrier as well and got through it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Saint Celestine posted:

That loving tank sucks. I bought it thinking the small size, high alpha, and depression would make for a great little tank.

How wrong I was. The gun handling is goddamn atrocious. Like, IS-5 levels of godawful.

It makes me very sad. I wanted to like it :smith:.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
M4 Rev isn't too bad but it is the same nation, tier, matchmaking, and vehicle type as the CDC.

It is no CDC.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

Covenanter is pretty good too at tier 4, shorter clip reload, and better gun handling. If a luch with the 3 cm misses a shot a convenanter can outdpm the luchs 17s reload, with his 5.2 second clip reload. Plus the luch has to be lucky to clip out the convenanter damage wise.

Biggest trade offs are the convenanter is slower and its gold pen is a little lacking but should be sufficient for tier 4.

It's Mittengard, so chances are that the Luchs can gently caress off for 17 seconds while it reloads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Man that's a weird looking 13 90.

Saint Celestine posted:

The tank would be fine for a tier 8 pref - it's got extremely notable weaknesses that hold it down, and is frequently worse than a random tier 7. When you add in that it sees tier 10s, yeah the tanks bad. Fun in Strongholds though.