Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Kevin Nash comes off as a pretty intelligent guy for 90s wrestling in person/on film/in interviews but he's dumb as a loving brick when it comes to social media

Are you telling me tweeting his birthday dinner at McDonald's at 3 in the morning is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
As of a few hours ago Australia's Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, was successfully challenged for leadership of the party and therefore country by one of his fellow party members. Fortunately the hulkster is on hand to help lift his spirits

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Memento posted:

Yeah I remember Kurt Angle used to get drunkhacked all the time.

"It's funny how it's always the drug addicts that get hacked" - Da Meltz

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mob posted:

if you want I can fart on a Blow Pop and mail it to you

Sunny???

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

always go to house shows, they're like a billion times better than TV because the wrestlers actually get to show their personality and have fun

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

IcePhoenix posted:

always go to house shows, they're like a billion times better than TV because the wrestlers actually get to show their personality and have fun

Yeah. Raw is kinda annoying to attend live because they do weird poo poo to account for commercial breaks. Like, someone will start their entrance, get into the ring, then the music and lights fade, they stand around for a minute, then the music and lights come back on and they go back to posing on the turnbuckles or whatever.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
if you attend a live show, then go for a house show or Smackdown, they are both good

you are more likely to see a slightly higher stakes and canon match in a Smackdown taping, and they don't do any of the "wait for the ads" bullshit on RAW because it isn't live

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

willus posted:

As of a few hours ago Australia's Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, was successfully challenged for leadership of the party and therefore country by one of his fellow party members. Fortunately the hulkster is on hand to help lift his spirits

I was going to post this.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Shine posted:

Yeah. Raw is kinda annoying to attend live because they do weird poo poo to account for commercial breaks. Like, someone will start their entrance, get into the ring, then the music and lights fade, they stand around for a minute, then the music and lights come back on and they go back to posing on the turnbuckles or whatever.

That sounds excessively unfun. You'd think there would be better ways to spend a commercial break than loving around like that.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Qoey posted:

That sounds excessively unfun. You'd think there would be better ways to spend a commercial break than loving around like that.

It's also very "studio audience" based where they try to get the crowd to make a lot of noise during certain parts and stuff like that. I never disliked Lilian Garcia until spending a raw with her giving us directions as to how to cheer like a kindergarten teacher

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Qoey posted:

It depends. Miz runs the ropes during breaks. When I went to the go-home RAW for EC 2014, Christian was working heel and cut a promo comparing himself to the Seahawks (this was in Denver), it was pretty good but his match with DBry was too technical for the hick crowd to get into.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Qoey posted:

You could always watch the WWE App during commercial breaks!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

(posted tonight, after Nikki broke AJ's record)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that was a good unit and I liked it

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

epitasis posted:

that was a good unit and I liked it

Whenever I'm trying to find a gif and I hit this one it always makes me sad :(

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Whenever I'm trying to find a gif and I hit this one it always makes me sad :(

I like the one where they are coming out together and Big E accidentally backhands her the best. Just for the "oh, you!" look that she gives him.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like the one where they are coming out together and Big E accidentally backhands her the best. Just for the "oh, you!" look that she gives him.

Huh, I was almost sure I giffed that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7emarKF7RcY

That really should have kayfabe killed her

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I remember she tweeted "Ow." right after that.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Huh, I was almost sure I giffed that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7emarKF7RcY

Almost. You can see her whispering to Dolph to take her to the doctor as he pulls her off camera.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Big E not wearing knee pads makes me slightly uncomfortable

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's also very "studio audience" based where they try to get the crowd to make a lot of noise during certain parts and stuff like that. I never disliked Lilian Garcia until spending a raw with her giving us directions as to how to cheer like a kindergarten teacher

Your city must have a poo poo crowd because every time I've been to Raw, Lilian just announced when TV was about to go live and that was it for the whole show. No handholding on what to cheer for.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

Your city must have a poo poo crowd because every time I've been to Raw, Lilian just announced when TV was about to go live and that was it for the whole show. No handholding on what to cheer for.

I remember the crowd being loud in general but the only time I've been to Raw was the Live Sex episode with Edge and Lita

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bradzilla posted:

Roman Reigns shoulda done it instead of Lillian. People loving love Roman.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When I go to wrestle watch Vince just stands on the stage with a sign that says "cheer" and one that says "boo" and we do what the sign says when he holds it up.

Well those sheep do. I do the opposite because I'm a smark (smart mark).

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Didn't you make the much better final fantasy victory gif with those 3?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
At the Brooklyn Raw we just got one instruction to cheer when the broadcast went live. They actually messed up and played the Raw intro video before the Superstars taping was done, so we had to get all riled up again 15 minutes later.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Black Is Black posted:

Didn't you make the much better final fantasy victory gif with those 3?

Someone else made a ff7 battle-intro gif

Could be a victory gif I spose.

Seeing these people together is still making me sad.

Edit: Oh, right, I remember now. They focus on the players doing little poses when they win. It's been so long, the mind's not what it used to be :corsair:

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 15, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Someone else made a ff7 battle-intro gif

Could be a victory gif I spose.

Seeing these people together is still making me sad.

Man if you had told me then that by today one of these three would be the best act on Raw, one would be the worst, and one would be dead, I would not have picked correctly.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah when I went to Raw all we got was a "we're going live, be really loud" announcement.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

I remember she tweeted "Ow." right after that.

Later on she tweeted that she barely felt it due to the padded bra WWE had her wearing. I think she used a hashtag like MilesBelowTheSurface, which cracked me up.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

zakharov posted:

At the Brooklyn Raw we just got one instruction to cheer when the broadcast went live. They actually messed up and played the Raw intro video before the Superstars taping was done, so we had to get all riled up again 15 minutes later.

yeah I have no idea what was up with that. Lilian announcing "we're about to go live" at like 7:45 :psyduck:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Classic Lillian. She used to gently caress up a lot.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Man if you had told me then that by today one of these three would be the best act on Raw, one would be the worst, and one would be dead, I would not have picked correctly.

I seriously checked to make sure AJ hadn't randomly died at some point

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Aesop Poprock posted:

I seriously checked to make sure AJ hadn't randomly died at some point

She died at Wrestlemania, if you remember, and then again on the way to her home planet.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

oldpainless posted:

Classic Lillian. She used to gently caress up a lot.

She still does.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Muddy Burphy posted:

She still does.

Still my favorite thing from downloading the Stamford satellite feeds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzVWBxpwjbI

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Still my favorite thing from downloading the Stamford satellite feeds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzVWBxpwjbI

I had never seen this before. My God. It is forever Dung Donuts now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Muddy Burphy posted:

She still does.

CHAMPIONSHIIAW

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Muddy Burphy posted:

She still does.

Here's your winner, The Ryback!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

projecthalaxy posted:

She died at Wrestlemania, if you remember, and then again on the way to her home planet.

but she won at Wrestlemania