Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
one of the best episodes of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yep that episode was brilliant.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I like how Justin told travis they couldn't talk to anyone they couldnt identify, immediately after an interview where they didn't tell us who they were talking to, and immediately before an interview where they didn't tell us who they were talking to.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Everyone will remember the Al Roker part but low-key the biggest truth bomb dropped in this episode was whoever said that Ursula from The Little Mermaid is the scariest sea creature.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Al Roker just ended this podcast

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

C-Euro posted:

Everyone will remember the Al Roker part but low-key the biggest truth bomb dropped in this episode was whoever said that Ursula from The Little Mermaid is the scariest sea creature.

It wasn't all that low-key since Justin sort of screamed excitedly about it.

But yeah, this was an excellent episode, and Al Roker just absolutely murdering the boys at the end is my favorite thing to happen in awhile. "This was exactly what we were afraid of!"

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
It was great, but he was for sure sent to do that by someone, right?

"This is Jimmy's favourite podcast!?" feels like he was briefed somehow.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah in the wrap up segment they said the handler told Al.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Ohh, I missed that. Right.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

He didn't tell him to destroy them though, just that it was Jimmy's favourite podcast.

God that was a good episode. The bonus ep was meh but that was spectacular.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Lin Manuel Miranda and Jimmy Buffet are haunting the McElroy brothers like malevolent joke sprites

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Tears In A Vial posted:

I like how Justin told travis they couldn't talk to anyone they couldnt identify, immediately after an interview where they didn't tell us who they were talking to, and immediately before an interview where they didn't tell us who they were talking to.

I got "Hughes" from the first one, and then Brenda Vaccaro identified herself and her date, but the brothers really did drop the ball on "who are we listening to"

In the wrap-up I finally learned that "Hughes" was Paten Hughes

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
At least one of them must've been Matt Doyle, right?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

that was a loving amazing episode

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm also not sure if it's comforting or depressing to know that you can be as prolific as the mcelroys (with live shows and everything) and still be terrified at the prospect of having to ask a stranger a question. You can hear it in Griff's voice so much, he sounds like a child trying to steal a candy bar on a dare to impress some older kids who are loving with him
you can also see it in this photo
https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/980840751067291648

ekeog posted:

honestly the biggest surprise was that when they actually started talking to people justin was the one who couldnt keep it together, not griffin
I mean Justin does have GAD, and as someone who also has it, he was a goddamn hero out there

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure if it weren't for Travis they wouldn't have talked to a single person in that episode

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm pretty sure if it weren't for Travis they wouldn't have talked to a single person in that episode

Al Roker probably still would've come up and picked on them.

e: Did I say picked on? I meant slaughtered.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Al Roker was really great to confirm that the visual I had in my head was precisely what they looked like.

You
Oct 6, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Al Roker probably still would've come up and picked on them.

e: Did I say picked on? I meant slaughtered.

Two sweet pasty boys with several unused microphones mumbling nervously to each other getting verbally attacked by Al Roker.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

PostNouveau posted:

Al Roker was really great to confirm that the visual I had in my head was precisely what they looked like.

https://twitter.com/asaxony13/status/980897112559964160

Griffin wearing headphones like a goober and as you can just make out behind Justin's head, Travis is on double microphone duty.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my god Al

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

JethroMcB posted:

Griffin wearing headphones like a goober and as you can just make out behind Justin's head, Travis is on double microphone duty.

Please NSFW pics of a grisly murder.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

JethroMcB posted:

This is like that Ralph Wiggum thing where you can see the exact moment his heart breaks. Justin died in this moment, and is thrilled to have finally been released from his red (blue) carpet prison.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Justin’s anxiety was definitely the most palpable of the three while listening to the episode. He kept talking a mile a minute and repeating what other people had just said. He’s such a drat trooper for making it through as well as he did. Griffin lightly goofing on him for it was possibly the funniest part.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
griffin with the headphones like he's listening to a speech at the UN

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The one to one sessions was when TAZ moved from great to amazing imi and im excited for amnesty thanks for reading

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
It was amazing how much faster I fell asleep I guess

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Ending the podcast at episode 400 after that Al Roker burn would have made it the greatest piece of performance art ever.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
I NEED you to stop shouting things like “this is fine” and “beautiful family.”

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

ImPureAwesome posted:

It was amazing how much faster I fell asleep I guess

I was amazed at how bad Travis was at writing player characters, or maybe even just writing women.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

It was genuinely pretty cool when Griffin first had his one-on-ones during the moon base interstitial arcs and felt like a good shake-up between the regular arcs at the time, I think they just ought to take a lighter touch with them

I haven't listened to the new MBMBaM because yes sir, that's me, I'm the one who gets horrible secondhand anxiety

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hey here's some cute poo poo:
https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/981240411665719297

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Blockhouse posted:

griffin with the headphones like he's listening to a speech at the UN

Wearing headphones is normal when you're mixing audio to records and especially a good idea if you're in a loud area with lots of noise, but the problem is that griff is one of the goddamn hosts, whereas most podcasts/produxtions have a producer tag along to do this sort of thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtmML2iEFXM

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I don't know if I've ever heard a murder captured on a podcast before

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Justin mentions us in today's Awful Squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiPbQogzj4

It's at 1:35:15

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zero One posted:

Justin mentions us in today's Awful Squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msiPbQogzj4

It's at 1:35:15

can we leverage this into money that will save the forums from lowtax's neck

Also I finished the latest MbMbaM and at first I was worried that the Al Roker part was so hyped I wasn't going to find it as good, but if anything, it improved the experience. Listening to the boys go "hey that was ok, that wasn't so bad, I feel pretty good and I think we can go home now, oh hey it's Al Roker let's just say hey to him and call it a day" was a beautiful bit of dramatic irony I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I felt the anxiety in the lead up to the first celeb, it began to wane, then spiked back up to infinity as they were discussing how to hook al roker

SpacePig posted:

This is like that Ralph Wiggum thing where you can see the exact moment his heart breaks. Justin died in this moment, and is thrilled to have finally been released from his red (blue) carpet prison.

this moment is audible as justin's highest pitched squeal, the moment when the last dish is knocked off the table and shatters on the ground

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I have absolutely no idea what is happening during this “bank heist”.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Pollyanna posted:

I have absolutely no idea what is happening during this “bank heist”.
neither do they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m listening to the new MBMBAM ep and they are so scared