Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

After my early efforts failed, I almost didn't bother with Infernal Clarisse because I haven't promoted Xander or Camus yet and don't have the other units people have been using to coast (relatively speaking) to victory, but I decided to give it a last-minute shot with the first strategy here using Cordelia, Olivia, Sanaki, and Nino, and I got it on my first try. It would have simplified things greatly if I'd realized that Cordy was equipped with TA1 and not TA3, but I still squeaked by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Speaking of Clarisse, I've been leveling her up on the side, because when I have extra sta and time I try to get the GHB characters to 35ish for the relevant quests, and she seems intensely mediocre, at least out of the box. She doesn't hit that hard, isn't that fast, and isn't that tanky. Her problem is that she's basically a thief and plays like a thief, and thieves are bad.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

So I wanna build flier emblem, but I don't have hinoka so there's no hone fliers. I've got cordelia, Camilla, and caeda at 5* and in 4* I have cherche, catria, and Subaru as worthwhile ones. Any ideas?

If you are not running Gronnblade Spring Camilla, two goad fliers is a good alternative to hone fliers.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

So I wanna build flier emblem, but I don't have hinoka so there's no hone fliers. I've got cordelia, Camilla, and caeda at 5* and in 4* I have cherche, catria, and Subaru as worthwhile ones. Any ideas?

How's the nature on your Camilla and Cherche? If Camilla is not +atk, Cherche makes a monster user of a Brave Axe and is a great green for Flier Emblem. Subaki and Catria are both solid, and Cordelia is one of the better fliers, but Caeda is only good for her filer buff. Don't you have a Palla lying around? If you do, or some extras, toss her on the team and sacrifice a couple to give more of your ladies Goad Fliers. Give Caeda's buff to somebody else. I fed mine to Subaki.

If I were you, I'd do Cordelia, Camilla/Cherche, Palla, Subaki.

For what it's worth, my Flier team (which is still a work in progress) is

Brave Axe Cherche (+atk/-res), Death Blow, Drag Back, Bonfire, Reposition, Threaten Def

Palla (+def/-HP) Ruby Sword, Darting Blow, Drag Back, Moonbow, Draw Back, Goad Fliers

Subaki (+atk/-HP) Sapphire Lance, Iote's Shield, Quick Riposte, Bonfire, Reposition, Fortify Fliers

Shanna (+spd/-res) Killer Lance, Fury, Desperation, Iceberg, Draw Back, Goad Fliers.

I also plan to build up Michalis, who functions a bit like a green Subaki with more attack- Hauteclere, (he's nowhere near 5* yet) Iote's Shield, Quick Riposte, Bonfire, Reposition, Goad Fliers.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I feel like Iote's Shield is a trap since you should just be one shotting stuff anyway but I don't play flier emblem

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I was pulling for Frederick and Gaius.

I now have 5* Klein and Jeorge. :negative:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Iote's Shield seems like a trap to me because there's only one good archer and one okay archer and the good one probably ORKOs you anyway

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Klein is really good though, and amazing inheritance fodder. There's a looot worse you could pull from colorless.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I feel like Iote's Shield is a trap since you should just be one shotting stuff anyway but I don't play flier emblem

A Michalis with Iote's Shield can survive a Quad from a +atk Bcordelia with a Fortify on him, and only gets doubled if he has a Hone.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Yeah Klein is probably the best unit for skill inheritance in the game because he has access to 4 really good skills, 3 of which are hard to get outside of 5*s

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

I was pulling for Frederick and Gaius.

I now have 5* Klein and Jeorge. :negative:

Brave Bow+, Glacies, DB3, QR3.

Probably more useful than either of the summer colorless tbh. And Jeorge uh...exists.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
New update is up on iOS; the new modes are playable immediately and there's a new sacred seal if you can beat the Squad Assault (Squad Ace A 1, which gives +3 HP).

Another new skill was datamined, presumably the TT 50k seal reward, Phantom Speed 1.

MSID_H_速さの虚勢1: When any skill compares this unit's Spd\nstat to another unit's, this unit's Spd stat\nis counted as +5 over actual value.

In short, literally useless unless you're using Windsweep or Watersweep. Trying to salvage them I guess?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Remember that the new update lets you turn on danger area on automatically.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

GLAAD trash bags posted:

A Michalis with Iote's Shield can survive a Quad from a +atk Bcordelia with a Fortify on him, and only gets doubled if he has a Hone.

My Flier Emblem team is for clearing the 10th Stratum quests. Plenty of archers pop up in that. It's nice to have Iote's Shield because I have had cases where my dudes cannot ORKO an archer. Usually Gordin or something. That kid is far too beefy. It's also nice because whoever has Iote's Shield can bait an archer and draw them closer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've uninstalled this game in an effort to become an overall happier person.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

I finally broke my 4.5% pity rate... and I did it by getting frustrated and pulling red. Sanaki, +def, -spd. From what I can tell she doesn't care about either of those stats one way or another so I guess I'll just give her red tomebreaker, use her as Lilina but better, and just be glad that that hideous pity rate is gone and can't tempt me anymore.

+def and HP seal on Sanaki helps her survive Distant Counter swords (only +atk Fury Ike/Ryoma can one-shot her but rally defense can fix that.) Swordbreaker is incredibly useful on her as swords don't usually run Red tomebreaker and it frees up a B slot on your blues.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I've uninstalled this game in an effort to become an overall happier person.

Best of luck to you. :)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
you need 5 teams of 5* 40s to even stand a chance of beating the squad assault lmao

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

the Orb of Zot posted:

New update is up on iOS;

Likewise for Android. Default-on danger area, here I come!

Edit: not seeing the new modes, though
Edit #2: oh, they are under story maps

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nowi was probably better for my arena team than Quadelia is, just because I have to play super carefully around the 1-2 red mages I see per run now

She's better for score though because Nowi has QR2 and TA2

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

ungulateman posted:

you need 5 teams of 5* 40s to even stand a chance of beating the squad assault lmao

Before playing it I thought it was like tempest where you could carry the same team between maps as long as none of them died. Uggggggg this +3HP is probably going to cause me more grief than it's worth.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, it's super endgame content and it's there forever. You have Tempest to worry about.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Beat squad assault after a few false starts. You definitely don't need 20 5*s, but you do need at least 12-15 with a decent variety. Healers are super valuable on the maps with chokepoints--I had Xander and Priscilla basically solo the one vs Chrom/Lissa/Frederick.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Squad Assault units have inflated stats but no skills besides their weapon, and sometimes there are only 3 enemies on the map. You can also look at the map before you set your next team and just pick 2-3 specific units you need to beat it. You may need more than 4 built units, sure, but you definitely don't need 20.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

How many times do you need to beat squad assault before it gets you something useful?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Squad Assault units have inflated stats but no skills besides their weapon, and sometimes there are only 3 enemies on the map. You can also look at the map before you set your next team and just pick 2-3 specific units you need to beat it. You may need more than 4 built units, sure, but you definitely don't need 20.

Wait seriously, no skills? What is this, Birthright?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Also datamines are out and the 7th Tempest map this time is Berkut's :dance:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

Wait seriously, no skills? What is this, Birthright?

Roy has Triangle Adept

I didn't notice any other skills but I didn't look super closely. Everything has super inflated tempest trial stats though.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Disregard I'm dumb

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
well i'm maybe probably going back up into t18 with a score of 4622 but i hate these maps and i hate blade tome horse emblem and i hate that vantage doesn't counteract vantage like it does in the main series

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ungulateman posted:

well i'm maybe probably going back up into t18 with a score of 4622 but i hate these maps and i hate blade tome horse emblem and i hate that vantage doesn't counteract vantage like it does in the main series

This is by far the easiest map set though

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
What rewards do you get from squad assault

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

This is by far the easiest map set though

tell that to the stupid bridge map with four forts in the middle which is literally perfect for rein or cecilia to run up and blast you from a defensive tile, while you can't move onto a defensive tile without entering everyone else's range, which i got seven times in nine matches

What rewards do you get from squad assault

a HP +3 seal that isn't the same as the regular HP+3 seal, and 2 orbs

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 5, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I remember 5 months ago that FE heroes was complained about not enough content.

By the 1st year anniversary, it'd probably be longer to clear everything with unlimited stamina than an actual FE game.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Silver Falcon posted:

How's the nature on your Camilla and Cherche? If Camilla is not +atk, Cherche makes a monster user of a Brave Axe and is a great green for Flier Emblem. Subaki and Catria are both solid, and Cordelia is one of the better fliers, but Caeda is only good for her filer buff. Don't you have a Palla lying around? If you do, or some extras, toss her on the team and sacrifice a couple to give more of your ladies Goad Fliers. Give Caeda's buff to somebody else. I fed mine to Subaki.

If I were you, I'd do Cordelia, Camilla/Cherche, Palla, Subaki.

For what it's worth, my Flier team (which is still a work in progress) is

Brave Axe Cherche (+atk/-res), Death Blow, Drag Back, Bonfire, Reposition, Threaten Def

Palla (+def/-HP) Ruby Sword, Darting Blow, Drag Back, Moonbow, Draw Back, Goad Fliers

Subaki (+atk/-HP) Sapphire Lance, Iote's Shield, Quick Riposte, Bonfire, Reposition, Fortify Fliers

Shanna (+spd/-res) Killer Lance, Fury, Desperation, Iceberg, Draw Back, Goad Fliers.

I also plan to build up Michalis, who functions a bit like a green Subaki with more attack- Hauteclere, (he's nowhere near 5* yet) Iote's Shield, Quick Riposte, Bonfire, Reposition, Goad Fliers.

Camilla is -def +res and cherche is -hp +def. I'm already building cherche as a brave user but I'm going to leave her at 4* and just merge her like crazy. That way when I get a +atk one she'll be unstoppable

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ungulateman posted:

tell that to the stupid bridge map with four forts in the middle which is literally perfect for rein or cecilia to run up and blast you from a defensive tile, while you can't move onto a defensive tile without entering everyone else's range, which i got seven times in nine matches

better that than boats

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

I remember 5 months ago that FE heroes was complained about not enough content.

By the 1st year anniversary, it'd probably be longer to clear everything with unlimited stamina than an actual FE game.

Yeah there's an absurd amount of new stuff here. It'll take a lot of stamina to clear it all out even with a perfect success rate.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Camilla is -def +res and cherche is -hp +def. I'm already building cherche as a brave user but I'm going to leave her at 4* and just merge her like crazy. That way when I get a +atk one she'll be unstoppable

Yeah, +def Cherche should do you fine for now. Keeping her at 4* and merging forever is exactly what I'm doing with mine! I have the means to get her up to +3. Just haven't grinded the other two Cherches to 20 and promoted them yet. :effort:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

ungulateman posted:

a HP +3 seal that isn't the same as the regular HP+3 seal, and 2 orbs

Can you keep farming it for orbs, is it a one-time deal, or is there a time limit/cooldown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Fun fighting a Chrom who could ORKO my Hinoka. Oddly enough Cherche ended up being the one to beat him (with a dancer assist), despite weapon disadvantage.

The boss of map 5. Also Navarre and 2 ninjas, but who cares, look at that giant Wrys.