Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MetaKaiser
Jun 3, 2006
It's evolution, baby

Pweller posted:

Never Too Late - I'm Not Giving Up On This One
lyrics

Oh my loving God, what a good rear end look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

for sale
Nov 25, 2007
I AM A SHOPLIFTER

Retroboy posted:

Estelle Featuring Kanye West - American Boy

I doubt it but the second one could possibly be Renegade Soundwave - Cocaine Sex. Sure to be lots of songs that fit that decription however.

thanks for this

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Max22 posted:

All right, this has been bugging me since I heard it at the fireworks, and I finally found a video with the music audible. What's the name of the first song here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Ui5jR4Qys (recognizable bit starts at 1:24 and goes till 2:40)

Sounds like "God Save the Queen"/ "America (My Country Tis of Thee)"

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

jeff8472 posted:

Sounds like "God Save the Queen"/ "America (My Country Tis of Thee)"
A rather knowledgeable friend of mine managed to narrow it down to classic rock in the Queen / Styx / Prism vein. Whether he's on the right track is up in the air but it's definitely not either of those two songs. Thanks for the guess, but, Canada Day fireworks, dude.

Edit: He was right, it was "Armageddon" by Prism.

emgeejay fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 22, 2008

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
What is the Mr. Blue Sky ripoff in this plumcard.com commercial? I really like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eI3frLu32Q

mailmanrob
Apr 17, 2006

mailmanrob fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 16, 2022

Cory Feldspar
May 14, 2006

birds of a feather flock to vagina
Does anybody know where I can find any of the music that adult swim plays? Specifically the music during the strange shots of what looks like a model city? I downloaded a lot of the albums on the website and can't find any of it. Any clues?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Cory Feldspar posted:

Does anybody know where I can find any of the music that adult swim plays? Specifically the music during the strange shots of what looks like a model city? I downloaded a lot of the albums on the website and can't find any of it. Any clues?
A long shot, but many musical segues during adult swim are Flying Lotus

Cory Feldspar
May 14, 2006

birds of a feather flock to vagina

SubtleDagger posted:

A long shot, but many musical segues during adult swim are Flying Lotus

Thanks, I got some of his stuff through the adult swim bump website, and found a few of the other songs I wanted that I found there as well, so thanks for the tip!

brinstar
Aug 10, 2003

Here's one:

Upbeat, island-y latin jazz type song. Very syncopated, with a female vocalist and the ultra-memorable refrain line "just a drink and a dream away."

Heard it on the college radio station last month, and didn't catch the name of the artist-- though it sounded like "Teen Pop Star" or "Dark Pop Star" or something. Of course, no one picked up when I called the studio line.

Anyone?

edit: Gin Lagoon or Jen Lagoon or Jean Lagoon? Google is giving me nothing on any of this stuff.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Ooh! Ooh! While we're on the subject of Adult Swim, what the HELL is the name of that song...okay, it first popped up a few years back, maybe the first or second year Adult Swim was even around, and then I heard it again on Adult Swim maybe a year or two ago. It sounded like...I can't explain it, like some foreign drinking song or something. It was quite fast-paced and the voices were kinda nasally and screechy, and there was clapping, and maybe an accordion or something, and I remember a "HUP! HUP! HUP! HUP!". It played sometimes during bumps and sometimes during commercials, and the commercials would be that song playing, and then fake translated "subtitles", one of which I remember being "A bear dances..." something something... "and then he dances some more". It's been driving me crazy, if I could just find out the name of it, the artist, what it is, where I can download it, ANYTHING about it...yeah. Thanks in advance, hopefully SOMEONE knows what this is!

Edit: It's in the key of F Major if that helps at all.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Cory Feldspar posted:

A lot of it is production music sold only to clients and is not for retail purchase. ExtremeMusic.com is a big provider of this stuff. There are others too.

While we're at it, there's a radio show called Handel on the Law that plays a lot of similar sounding bumper music. Here are some clips I provided. The music is either at the beginning or end. I cannot for the life of me find these songs.

http://audio.101megahertz.com/bill_handel-GA_caller.mp3 <-- opening
http://audio.101megahertz.com/bill_handel-jim.mp3 <-- ending
http://audio.101megahertz.com/bill_handel-terry.mp3 <-- ending
http://audio.101megahertz.com/billhandel-brian_call.mp3 <-- opening

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
A dance song had been playing on the radio, but I couldn't catch the artist or song title. It's an instrumental song, quite a thumping base, quite a few breaks in between the tune's beats, and the only words that were used in this tune were a very loud and eager 'gently caress me!' from some ecstatic woman.

Anyone have an idea what this was?

EDIT: Not Bomfunk MC's - Rockin' Tha Spot

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 24, 2008

Private Snowball
Jul 22, 2007

Ride the Snide
So I was on a 13 hour plane ride and decided to listen to the classical music station . They played a song that I liked, but I never caught the name of. I'm pretty sure it came from the an opera. It was a male singing and every now and then a group of people would join in singing. It sounded like the male was saying "a rico rico rico la!". It obviously wasn't in English so I don't know how to spell it. Its a famous song and I've heard it before.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."
I'm pretty shamed to ask this, but I was driving to class a few days ago and heard a song on our local rock/pop station that caught my ear and destroyed any sense of manhood I had.:smith:
Its a pop song and I didn't catch the name, but there chorus is like this;

"Let's Dance, it will be ok." to a techno/electric beat with some chick singing it.
I know it pretty vague, but my brain was desperatly trying to fight itself over me dancing to a pop/elec song.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Kotaru posted:

I'm pretty shamed to ask this, but I was driving to class a few days ago and heard a song on our local rock/pop station that caught my ear and destroyed any sense of manhood I had.:smith:
Its a pop song and I didn't catch the name, but there chorus is like this;

"Let's Dance, it will be ok." to a techno/electric beat with some chick singing it.
I know it pretty vague, but my brain was desperatly trying to fight itself over me dancing to a pop/elec song.

Lady Gaga - Just Dance

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

HAI posted:

Lady Gaga - Just Dance

Thank you.

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

Dinictus posted:

A dance song had been playing on the radio, but I couldn't catch the artist or song title. It's an instrumental song, quite a thumping base, quite a few breaks in between the tune's beats, and the only words that were used in this tune were a very loud and eager 'gently caress me!' from some ecstatic woman.

Anyone have an idea what this was?

I doubt this is it but some of that description made me think "Rock, Rocking Tha Spot" by Bomfunk MCs. It's not instrumental and the 'gently caress me!' bit sounds different to your description though...

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
Someone around here posted a youtube video of a live performance of Rocket Man that i thought was incredible. But now I can't find it. All I remember is that Elton was wearing a tux that was half black and half white. Does anyone know what performance I'm talking about, and if so, where I can find it?

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

F201 posted:

Someone around here posted a youtube video of a live performance of Rocket Man that i thought was incredible. But now I can't find it. All I remember is that Elton was wearing a tux that was half black and half white. Does anyone know what performance I'm talking about, and if so, where I can find it?

This it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevhSsw8QfI

This also matches the tux description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqmfC0fQwPA

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Oncogene posted:

This it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevhSsw8QfI

This also matches the tux description: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqmfC0fQwPA

The second one was the one I had in mind, but they're both great performances. Thanks!

NumbersAndNoise
Jan 13, 2005

Nothing but numbers and noise.
In the trailer for "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jhrxn7QVDc

what song is it that comes in at 1:08?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

SebAndSeb posted:

I doubt this is it but some of that description made me think "Rock, Rocking Tha Spot" by Bomfunk MCs. It's not instrumental and the 'gently caress me!' bit sounds different to your description though...

Nope. It's not that at all, but thanks anyway.

gman5959
May 17, 2008

I think she's a honey. Look at those jugs.

Cory Feldspar posted:

They always play Grizzly Bear during those shots. A lot from the album "Yellow House"

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Ok, so this isn't actually a song, but a whole album. And it's not really even music, I guess, but this seemed like the best place to ask.

I had an old record when I was a kid with halloween sound effects on it. Not really all that spectacular, but on side 2, it had a story of a guy who's car breaks down or something, and he has to stay in an old haunted house. It was more of a radio dramatization, and not someone just telling a story. I remember there being a woman's voice saying "where's my baby?" but I really don't remember much else. It was really creepy...at least to my 5-year-old self. I think the front, or maybe the back, of the record sleeve had a picture of 3 witches around a cauldron.

I doubt I'll ever find this, but it's stuck in my head for over 20 years now, and I would love to find it again.

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time
I heard a REALLY awesome motown-ish song tonight at a restaurant, and I'd love to know what it's called. The vocals were sung by a male, and the backup singers were male as well.

The chorus was a super awesome vocal crescendo that was sung by the backup singers. It's an arpeggio of sorts that ascends then descends. Some thing like: "ah /ah /ah \ah \ah \ah hey hey hey, hey hey hey" or something along those lines. The volume was low, and I'm unclear on the lyrics.

Lastly, the baseline reminded me of the main riff from Sloan's 'If It Feels Good Do It” (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/X6_g9U_f-70/)

Sorry about the weird link, but it’s the only streamable version of the song I could find.

My best guess is that the song's by the Temptations, but my knowledge of Motwon and Soul music is limited.

Johnny Future fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Aug 25, 2008

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Marillion - When I Meet God

Listen to the first verse, specifically the first two lines. I'm utterly convinced that melody is ripped off from another song, but I don't know if that's because it's so commonplace that it just seems that way, or if it really is taken from another song. I already thought of Fake Plastic Trees, but I don't think that's it. Could very well be a Radiohead song as Marillion were really derivative of them during this phase. My friend agrees it sounds familiar, but thinks it's from some oldie he can't name. Help me out here.

SuperS
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not that super, really

Rollersnake posted:

Marillion - When I Meet God

Listen to the first verse, specifically the first two lines. I'm utterly convinced that melody is ripped off from another song, but I don't know if that's because it's so commonplace that it just seems that way, or if it really is taken from another song. I already thought of Fake Plastic Trees, but I don't think that's it. Could very well be a Radiohead song as Marillion were really derivative of them during this phase. My friend agrees it sounds familiar, but thinks it's from some oldie he can't name. Help me out here.
It makes me think of

Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden
Mike & The Mechanics - The Living Years

Carl with a K
Dec 25, 2006
A song that has the same melody as part of the Miley Cyrus song 7 Things I Hate About You

basically the song is most likely from the 90s by a band like Third Eye Blind or Blink 182, but it's probably neither of those bands

in the Miley Cyrus song, it's the part that starts with "I know I shouldn't say this"

that part has the exact same melody of the chorus of a song that I've been trying to name for a loving month

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Charleston Jew posted:

I was listening to a song on the local alternative station here (the kind that plays stuff like RHCP, Linkin Park, Modest Mouse, the bigger "indie" artists, etc) and I heard a song that seemed like a normal alt. rock song, maybe it would earn the label of indie, but the only lyric I remember had something to do with 'little kids playing' or maybe 'hanging out', something along those lines. I'm not even totally sure about this though, but it's worth a shot.

Flobots - Handlebars?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Those are both fairly similar, particularly Secret Garden, but I'm not sure I've heard either song before. Can anyone think of anything closer?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Carl with a K posted:

A song that has the same melody as part of the Miley Cyrus song 7 Things I Hate About You

basically the song is most likely from the 90s by a band like Third Eye Blind or Blink 182, but it's probably neither of those bands

in the Miley Cyrus song, it's the part that starts with "I know I shouldn't say this"

that part has the exact same melody of the chorus of a song that I've been trying to name for a loving month
OK the guitar line at like 1:35-40 is definitely from an alt rock song, I'll figure this out so help me god

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Carl with a K posted:

It kind of sounds like "I Miss You" by Blink 182 to me.

cindolent
Aug 28, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsb5uyt-lE *Edit* The video is NSFW

Wondering if anyone knows the song for this video?

Presumably it's called 'together forever' but I can't find it anywhere. On the other hand, it may have been written specifically for the advertisement, I'm not sure.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

cindolent posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsb5uyt-lE *Edit* The video is NSFW

Wondering if anyone knows the song for this video?

Presumably it's called 'together forever' but I can't find it anywhere. On the other hand, it may have been written specifically for the advertisement, I'm not sure.
Video's removed, the only song I know called Together Forever is Rick Astley

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

Johnny Future posted:

I heard a REALLY awesome motown-ish song tonight at a restaurant, and I'd love to know what it's called. The vocals were sung by a male, and the backup singers were male as well.

The chorus was a super awesome vocal crescendo that was sung by the backup singers. It's an arpeggio of sorts that ascends then descends. Some thing like: "ah /ah /ah \ah \ah \ah hey hey hey, hey hey hey" or something along those lines. The volume was low, and I'm unclear on the lyrics.

Lastly, the baseline reminded me of the main riff from Sloan's 'If It Feels Good Do It” (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/X6_g9U_f-70/)

Sorry about the weird link, but it’s the only streamable version of the song I could find.

My best guess is that the song's by the Temptations, but my knowledge of Motwon and Soul music is limited.

I'm almost positive this is Get Ready by, as you had guessed, The Temptations. The lyrics you stated match the chorus to a good degree as does the riff(although there are minor differences for each). I could be wrong on this but based on my knowledge of Motown this is the best suggestion I can give.

Just as an aside, since you don't have much exposure to Motown and since you liked this song, I have to suggest diving head-first into the label and its music. Their 60s and early 70s stuff is some of the best pop music ever written and you'll be amazed at how many songs you'll enjoy.

Red Flag!
Jan 26, 2007
I'M SICK OF STARING AT YOUR STUPID APE AVATAR
I heard this song while in The Gap. It sounds kind of like Colbie Caillat, or Sara Bareilles but it's a lot faster, got a good beat. I think the chorus went something like "You got me lying and trying to something something something you." But I definitely could be wrong. So female singer, has that certain kind of voice thats getting pretty popular now. Gets pretty fast paced.

SuperS
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not that super, really

Red Flag! posted:

I heard this song while in The Gap. It sounds kind of like Colbie Caillat, or Sara Bareilles but it's a lot faster, got a good beat. I think the chorus went something like "You got me lying and trying to something something something you." But I definitely could be wrong. So female singer, has that certain kind of voice thats getting pretty popular now. Gets pretty fast paced.
it might be Fergie - Clumsy

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

Red Flag! posted:

I don't know if they would play music like this at The Gap but from listening to the two analogous artists you listed, I thought it might be Miss You by Lisa Loeb. For some reason that was what popped into my head when I listenend to your examples however I don't think it's the right song as the lyrics are incongruent.

I lose a little bit of my masculinity everytime I listen to stuff like this but for the sake of helping let me know what traits of the music are on the right track. At least that way we can narrow it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Flag!
Jan 26, 2007
I'M SICK OF STARING AT YOUR STUPID APE AVATAR

Jive One posted:

I don't know if they would play music like this at The Gap but from listening to the two analogous artists you listed, I thought it might be Miss You by Lisa Loeb. For some reason that was what popped into my head when I listenend to your examples however I don't think it's the right song as the lyrics are incongruent.

I lose a little bit of my masculinity everytime I listen to stuff like this but for the sake of helping let me know what traits of the music are on the right track. At least that way we can narrow it down.

The woman had a deeper voice. The voice sounded almost exactly like Colbie Caillat, but the song was a little bit more rock and roll than she is.