Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, the existing spinoff features a boring rear end in a top hat no one likes. I'd say that the mapo tofu guy is next.

He was 6th in the popularity poll I think. :shobon:

Nahxela posted:

I like the spinoff :shobon:

It has more Hinako. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Let's consider this for a bit. Whatever Aizen Azami is planning to do, he has a limited timeframe if he wants the Elite Ten's support.

Those who voted in favour of him were all the third years (five) and one of the second years (Eizan). Against were the rest of the second years (three) and Erina.

Right now in the manga it's autumn, and in Japan the new school term starts in spring. This means that in six months at most the third years will graduate, freeing up five spots in the Elite Ten. Which will probably be filled by Soma, Kurokiba, Hayama, Alice and either Megumi or Takumi. That's five guaranteed votes against Azami (because, let's be honest, I can't see any of them voting for him, maybe Hayama if Azami threatened Jun somehow), plus the three second years and Erina. If it comes to that there's no way Azami can win a vote there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He probably plans to expel anyone who isn't an absurd food elitist.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Mikl posted:

Let's consider this for a bit. Whatever Aizen Azami is planning to do, he has a limited timeframe if he wants the Elite Ten's support.

Those who voted in favour of him were all the third years (five) and one of the second years (Eizan). Against were the rest of the second years (three) and Erina.

Right now in the manga it's autumn, and in Japan the new school term starts in spring. This means that in six months at most the third years will graduate, freeing up five spots in the Elite Ten. Which will probably be filled by Soma, Kurokiba, Hayama, Alice and either Megumi or Takumi. That's five guaranteed votes against Azami (because, let's be honest, I can't see any of them voting for him, maybe Hayama if Azami threatened Jun somehow), plus the three second years and Erina. If it comes to that there's no way Azami can win a vote there.

Number 10, 8, 7, and 3 were pro Senzaemon actually. Eizan and number 6, 5, 4, 2, and 1 were pro Azami.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Same difference. Once the third years graduate you get minus four votes for Azami, minus one vote against Azami, and plus five votes against Azami, bringing the total to eight against and two for Azami (assuming none of the others switch votes).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Souma should lock Azami in a room without any food for three days and then cook something. Can Azami swallow his pride to save his life?!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Azami will probably pull some legal bullshit so they can't vote him out. Or do something drastic where they can't wait for the third years to graduate.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
Azami uses the dumb powers of the Elite 10 to get power then reforms the school to be run more rationally where students can't vote out administration. He'll be portrayed as the villain, ofc.

But yeah he'll probably threaten to blow up Polar Star and expel them all in the next six months so they can't overthrow him come next year, otherwise they could just wait around and do nothing and let things go back to normal.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I want Ryo to just put on the bandana and whoop Azami's rear end while Alice cheers him on.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

KoB posted:

I want Ryo to just put on the bandana and whoop Azami's rear end while Alice cheers him on.

I like the way you think.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

He probably plans to expel anyone who isn't an absurd food elitist.

So basically just Soma and Megumi.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eej posted:

So basically just Soma and Megumi.

Nah, the aldini family runs a restaurant, meaning they actually serve food to people. Plebians!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Literally no one in this series with a name is a food elitist other than Erina and her pre-conversion minions (and Bad Dad, recently). All the food elitists are either faceless generics or only exist hypothetically as part of the premise.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
And yet the girl who loves stall food and the incredibly service-oriented first seat voted in food hitler.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Something something manic something pixie something.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 6, 2015

KoB
May 1, 2009

Clarste posted:

Literally no one in this series with a name is a food elitist other than Erina and her pre-conversion minions (and Bad Dad, recently). All the food elitists are either faceless generics or only exist hypothetically as part of the premise.

Nikumi was totally a food elitist before joining the Soma harem

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

And yet the girl who loves stall food and the incredibly service-oriented first seat voted in food hitler.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like that her motivation straight up is I thought it would be interesting, and that's all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She thought it'd be more entertaining to have a crazy evil man in charge.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

KoB posted:

She kind of still is. Mess with meat by using low grade crap or putting poors sauce on high grade meat she'll wreck you.

It was on one of the final eps of the anime. The Bros tried to sauce up good meat.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

KoB posted:

Yes, and she was introduced as Erina's minion.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

She kind of still is. Mess with meat by using low grade crap or putting poors sauce on high grade meat she'll wreck you.

It was on one of the final eps of the anime. The Bros tried to sauce up good meat.

I guess Yuto Tsukuda really hasn't heard of BBQ.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Eej posted:

Some of the best BBQ is sauceless. Memphis style 4 lyfe. :colbert:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Eej posted:

Don't some big-name chefs share opinion with Ikumi? I remember that being a thing.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
In that episode of the Chopped barbecue edition when they give them those awesome looking cowboy steaks and the guy slathers his steaks with cherry sauce I was basically yelling at the TV. I guess you don't really have to be an elitist to know that was going to get him eliminated, though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

sauce is just a crutch for people who can't make good food otherwise

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kyte posted:

Don't some big-name chefs share opinion with Ikumi? I remember that being a thing.

It doesn't take being a big-name chef to know that "primum non nocere" also holds true for food. If you're eating (at least, what I perceive to be) barbeque, you're eating meat. You should be able to taste the meat. If the meat has been reduced to a sauce delivery vehicle with no flavor of its own, something has gone wrong.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 7, 2015

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

the incredibly service-oriented first seat voted in food hitler.

This probably shouldn't be a surprise--I'd hesitate to call him service-oriented as well.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Davincie posted:

Technically marinades and sauces were invented to deal with the fact that the vast majority of people have not had access to good meat for basically all of human history.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

Steak sauce is for people who don't use rubs or marinades or aging.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Neo_Crimson posted:

Some of the best BBQ is sauceless. Memphis style 4 lyfe. :colbert:

Heresy.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Chapter 138:

http://bato.to/read/_/348588/shokugeki-no-soma_ch138_by_casanova

I guess the Scanners finally noticed if they take a long time someone who barely knows English will take all their page views with a crummy speedscan.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 8, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Souma needs to just talk to all the 3rd year elite 10 people and tell them "this guy is a total piece of poo poo and abused Erina, why would you support an rear end in a top hat like that," since I'm assuming that the reason most of them voted for the guy is that he's extremely persuasive (as shown in that speech he gave). I would think "well what about Erina's privacy," but there seemed to be no problem with sharing her situation with the entire Polar Star dorm in this recent chapter, so it doesn't seem like keeping it a secret is a priority.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wouldn't Hisako have to do that? Souma doesn't seem to give much of a poo poo.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Ytlaya posted:

Souma needs to just talk to all the 3rd year elite 10 people and tell them "this guy is a total piece of poo poo and abused Erina, why would you support an rear end in a top hat like that," since I'm assuming that the reason most of them voted for the guy is that he's extremely persuasive (as shown in that speech he gave). I would think "well what about Erina's privacy," but there seemed to be no problem with sharing her situation with the entire Polar Star dorm in this recent chapter, so it doesn't seem like keeping it a secret is a priority.

I am pretty confident all of them would tell Erina to grow a sac, regardless of how little sense it makes in context to tell someone who has been abused by a parent to do that.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 8, 2015

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It never made sense for them or anyone else to support food hitler, but the only way to convince anyone of anything in this settings is via food battles. Telling them that he is a piece of poo poo who abused his daughter means nothing unless people have wacky reactions to cuisine first.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Is Erina... jealous of Soma's friendship with her secretary?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Folt The Bolt posted:

Is Erina... jealous of Soma's friendship with her secretary?

I think it's pretty obvious and it's actually kinda chuckle worthy.

Also I think this chapter goes to show that if Erina is put around the right people who don't give a rat's rear end about her elitism she and others have put on her, she's actually passable as a character.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That was a pretty fun chapter.

Also wow, the entire teaching staff is way older than I expected. It actually looks like a real school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i like that the italian (?) cooking teacher from one of the early chapters was in there