Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Please make Ritual Monsters better, they have always been cool, but have never been cool and viable except Nekroz who are dumb and I hate them.

they banned thousand eyes restrict lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
well, back when i was young they banned thousand eyes restrict, who knows if thats still the case

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

forbidden lesbian posted:

well, back when i was young they banned thousand eyes restrict, who knows if thats still the case

It is

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
RIP Return from the Different Dimension, one of my favorite cards

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I've been reading through and am amazed to see the Goon Tournament suddenly springing up. I hope everyone will try to stream them as they go on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

I'm about to get started with 5Ds, does it do the AKIRA bike slide at all? It better :colbert:
Jack does it a couple of times. and I think Yuusei does it before his showdown with the final boss of the first arc.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

forbidden lesbian posted:

they banned thousand eyes restrict lol

thousand eyes restrict is a fusion :v:

also the fusion is weird voodoo and a goat

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Dexie posted:

What are the last two cards? There's only 38 cards here.

Oh I have 2 battle faders. Sometimes you don't have a great turn one play with the deck since you either want to tribute your opponent's monsters or you don't have Mithra in your hand. The deck can be vulnerable to an early otk if you don't get a tribute monster out so I added those to help shore it up from that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey if there are spaces count me in!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hey if there are spaces count me in!

As of right now it's full, but if someone has to drop, you'll be added in.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Just went against my most challenging opponent yet as monarchs. Please ignore my misplay with lance :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3FqeHMr6s

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

As of right now it's full, but if someone has to drop, you'll be added in.

I can drop if Rigged Death Trap wants the place! I honestly lack a lot of practice and would probably lose immediatly, plus I don't know a lot of these new cards. I kind of joined entirely on a whim, if better people want the place I don't mind letting them have it.

Just be sure to show the matches somehow, I enjoy watching!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I can drop if Rigged Death Trap wants the place! I honestly lack a lot of practice and would probably lose immediatly, plus I don't know a lot of these new cards. I kind of joined entirely on a whim, if better people want the place I don't mind letting them have it.

Just be sure to show the matches somehow, I enjoy watching!

Oh goodness Blaze, We're doing Swiss http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Mr. Whale posted:

Just went against my most challenging opponent yet as monarchs. Please ignore my misplay with lance :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3FqeHMr6s

Man, who knew penguin decks could be this much of an hassle?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

Man, who knew penguin decks could be this much of an hassle?

You will find that it typically goes like this

Meta Decks: These are not hassals to duel, but you might as well not play if you aren't playing Meta
Kitchen table Archetype: Typically your best showing of multiple deck types, your Heroes and Knights and Firefists of used to be in the upper echelons but aren't anymore but drat it we love Suidoken/Paladins etc.
Annoyance decks: These are decks that aren't necessarily made to Win, so much as they are made to piss you off.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Penguin decks are above and beyond even the most meta of decks, Nopenguin has no equal. :colbert:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Onmi posted:

Annoyance decks: These are decks that aren't necessarily made to Win, so much as they are made to piss you off.

Ahh, I miss you Final Countdown...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

Ahh, I miss you Final Countdown...

If you ever faced the deck that finally got it banned you wouldn't.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

thousand eyes restrict is a fusion :v:

also the fusion is weird voodoo and a goat

yeah but it involves a ritual monster, and Relinquished was my fav monster when I played

so ritual monsters were cool, 12 years ago *crosses arms*

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

If you ever faced the deck that finally got it banned you wouldn't.

I played that deck.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

I played that deck.

:effort:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Onmi posted:

People who play Burn and Exodia need to be shot. :argh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dexie posted:

People who play Burn and Exodia need to be shot. :argh:
what if it's control swap burn

acid golem, lava golem, shien's spy, etc

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Lava Golem and Volcanic Queen are my favorite

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I don't mind a lot of decks. When someone plays Solitaire I lose interest in facing them again.

(Part of why I dislike Constellar Pleiades; it exists to bounce my cards back to my hand so I can't do anything about it. The guy who plays Constellars at my college has the uncanny ability to always find the Fiendish Chain in my set of sleeved cards.)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Endorph posted:

what if it's control swap burn

acid golem, lava golem, shien's spy, etc

That's not too bad because you can play around those. They're still a pain, but you can get around them.

Nurse Burn and Chain Burn though... :argh:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

That's not too bad because you can play around those. They're still a pain, but you can get around them.

Nurse Burn and Chain Burn though... :argh:

Oh, my two favourite decks! Thanks for reminding me that I need to rebuild mine!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Slur posted:

Oh, my two favourite decks! Thanks for reminding me that I need to rebuild mine!

You know? Playing against Slur doesn't seem fun.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onmi posted:

yeah

make a skull servant deck like the rest of us cool kids

i might have to remake mine once they limit tour guide. rip the scarm/tour dream team.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Onmi posted:

If you're not annoying your opponent enough to make them scream a string of obscenities at you, you're doing it wrong.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
someone show me

the best dragon deck possible currently

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

someone show me

the best dragon deck possible currently
skull servants, with first of dragons

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

This is happening again. This time, I'm without Baal, but anyone can pop in and say hi, I suppose.

Stream's over

Slur fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 29, 2015

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Raidraptor deck for Slur

Main deck
3x tribute lanius
3x impale lanius
3x vanishing lanius
3x mimicry lanius
2x summoner's monk
1x harpie's harpist
3x mystical space typhoon
2x raid raptor nest
1x raigeki
1x foolish burial
1x rank-up magic revolution
2x swallow's nest
3x fiendish chain
2x icarus attack
1x breakthrough skill
1x solemn warning
1x bottomless traphole
1x vanity's emptiness
1x ring of destruction
1x crush card virus
1x raptor's gust
1x raidraptor readiness
2x mirror force

Extra deck
1x Gaia Dragon the Thunder Charger
1x Number 61: Volcasaurus
1x Blaze Falcon
1x Ragna Zero
1x Silent Honor Ark
1x Sylphene the Cold Bird Beast
1x Master Key Beetle
2x Castel
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Gagaga Cowboy
1x Rise Falcon
2x Force Strix

Edit: when ygopro gets fuzzy lanius replace the 2 summoner's monks and harpie's harpist

Rent-a-Bot fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 29, 2015

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

As long as you're running random fusions in your extra deck for Nurse Burn, you may as well run this thing to poo poo on Cyber Dragons when they show up. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chimeratech_Fortress_Dragon

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

As long as you're running random fusions in your extra deck for Nurse Burn, you may as well run this thing to poo poo on Cyber Dragons when they show up. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chimeratech_Fortress_Dragon

Thank you.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

THOUGHT I WAS DOWN WITH GOD I HAD TO YELL RETREAT

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Hjalmar posted:

Apropos of nothing, I miss chimeratech otk.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

That one rear end in a top hat that played Cyber Dragons in GX completely ruined them for me. Shun had the same effect with Raid Raptors. I don't know if it's an anime archetype or something, but the appearance of a smug, almost invincible uber master completely kills my interest and sympathy.

And yet I enjoy Cyberdarks and wish they were still viable, so I dunno v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

You should catch up with Arc V. Shun gets punked.