Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Sarah posted:

we almost have a full group !

I've got a group of people from my stream community and we have a full groups worth of people, slightly spread out from 25-35 after playing for maybe a week? Guard, Bruiser, Illy, Temp, Brig, Wiz. Almost a real group!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I'm off until Tuesday, so if we are starting a goon guild send me a tell, I'm playing as Margaritas.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
It's apparently double XP on TLE right now.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

If I still had a computer I’d jump on Tcch or Bort, but alas.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Gained about 6 levels just getting the screaming mace quest done tonight. Nice.

Goon guild is formed, <Fail Pile>, did a couple /who all's to try to find you through the night, no luck.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Jade Star posted:

Gained about 6 levels just getting the screaming mace quest done tonight. Nice.

Goon guild is formed, <Fail Pile>, did a couple /who all's to try to find you through the night, no luck.

It snowed a ton here, went outside to play in it then had to shovel the driveway like a real adult. :(

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
Running around on Sintor the Inq since Shadowlands raid logging has already commenced. Have one more spot, thinking about a Dirge as well, can't remember what TSO balance is like but melee conversion Inq is super fun so running with that out of the gate.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
If some goons are actually gonna play on the TLE or P or whatever I'm v. down. I already have a 40 something defiler and a 30 or 40? berserker. Not sure what I'd really wanna play. Defiler solo healing doesn't feel very easy from what I remember. But that was during uh... the first expansion, I think is when I rolled those dudes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am just waiting for a new TLE server to open up that is vanilla EQ2 only. Obviously it'll get into the expansions eventually, but I am waiting to get in on the ground floor of a new server.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

I said come in! posted:

I am just waiting for a new TLE server to open up that is vanilla EQ2 only. Obviously it'll get into the expansions eventually, but I am waiting to get in on the ground floor of a new server.

Considering an EQ2 TLE server has yet to make it to DoV, I’m pretty sure the plug will be pulled soon after we reach SF for what the 3rd time?

Devs don’t want to deal with the itemization nightmare of DoV so they always find reasons to shut it down before it reaches it.

I was honestly hoping for another race server soon, that was fun as hell.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Couldn't help myself, started installing it on Steam. I'm hoping I can use my old login through steam.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Tough to decide on a race and class, though I usually went with a strange combo. Last char I played a lot was a halfling shadow knight.

I played ranger, SK, and Fury the most in the past. Maybe I'll play a mage of some kind this time.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Pick whatever you have fun with. When you get in game look me up as Randyll, or anyone in the Fail Pile guild ought to have invite powers.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

I said come in! posted:

Might happen in the spring, but Kaladim seems to still be going strong. I started back up again a month ago after skipping most of Faydwer and Kunark.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I haven't decided on a class yet for the progression server but I've been messing around on my original character from launch and it made me feel old as gently caress to check my quest log and the last heritage quest I did on him was in 2008. He's currently a lvl 80 ranger that I haven't played since Kunark.

Other than a few starts on progression servers I haven't played much since then.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mustang posted:

I haven't decided on a class yet for the progression server but I've been messing around on my original character from launch and it made me feel old as gently caress to check my quest log and the last heritage quest I did on him was in 2008. He's currently a lvl 80 ranger that I haven't played since Kunark.

Other than a few starts on progression servers I haven't played much since then.

I haven't been with goons but me, my wife, and my son are all active on the progressions server and with a fairly decent size guild if you are looking to make your start a bit easier. Just send me a message here or on Discord and I can get whatever character you make an invite and get you settled with bags and stuff to start out.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Hekk posted:

I haven't been with goons

What am I, chopped liver?!

Also did you reroll I haven’t seen you online?? Join the Fail Pile, tons of people on all the time. We did some zones last night, was fun.

I am going to try to hit 80 this week somehow with taking two classes and working. Then going to roll either a healer or T1 dps. Maybe a ranger. Or just hijack husbands dirge he started but played for 1 day.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
What server is Fail Pile on?

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

physeter posted:

What server is Fail Pile on?

Kaladim (TLE).

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Hey everyone! resurrecting this old rear end thread to let you know that Kaladim TLE has finally reached DoV.

If you sub and log into DoV, you get a one time bauble to advance to level 85 with 280 AA (DoV cap is 90 w/ 300 AA).

Itemization and mobs are still a little wonky, but first patch is Tuesday so hopefully some fixes go in to help!

Also Guildhalls are finally back!! gently caress yeah, finally some amenities and travel options.

Jadestar and I are currently in Next Tuesday, a cool guild with a lot of the people we raided with on Stormhold TLE a few years back.

I'm mostly playing on Margaritas - if you need anything send me a tell.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Long time eq1 player here who initially bounced off of eq2. I want to give it another go on the most populated server out there, and I prefer playing classes with some real solo viability (because of weird playtimes). Guessing necro and shadowknight are my best bets? My favorite race are the Iksar, if that still matters in eq2

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Race doesnt really matter. You can pick a racial benefit every 10 levels from a list of things, but they are very small boosts. A little hp or mana, a level or two worth of melee or magic skill, etc. The big things are like, fae can fly, some races have the tracking skill, dark elves have racial slow fall and a once every 12 hours teleport to groupmate. Nothing that can't be replicated with spells, items, or a flying mount.

EQ2 soloing is fundamentally different than eq1, in that it was actually designed for solo players to be lead along a timeline quest through each zone, mostly expected to be solo and then the group stuff is off in the nearby dungeons. Any class can get through solo quest lines. Though some will have a much easier time of it than others. Necro and SK are good bets. I can't speak for the live servers though, I've been on Kaladim the TLE server for the last 8 months or so.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
My main in EQ2 is a Necro, and let me tell you, the Necro pets in EQ2 are far superior to EQ1, especially if you take the time to train into mastery of those spells, or buy the upgrades. When I was still in my 20's many years ago I could stand on a spawn and let my pet auto attack anything that popped or attacked me. I wouldn't recommend this strategy due to it being frowned upon, but I made several levels while AFK and sleeping :) I was 100% safe, because the pet alone would rip through enemies that conned blue to me, like a razor. Even now in the higher levels, the pets are so varied and interesting, and literal power houses, it's fun to watch.

EQ2 does a much better job with just about everything compared to EQ, and the only reason I still go back to EQ1 is nostalgia...

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I actually resubbed for Mischief on EQ1 but I'm out in EQ2 on Kaladim because Beastlords weren't there yet. Made a Conjuror, enjoying it so far.

Edit: I forgot how dark it got at night, lol. Gonna have to find a torch or something.

Double edit: but only in some zones? weird

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 8, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Iksar are just objectively the coolest race and I’ve always liked the robe look on them

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Made an iskar defiler(I think whatever the unholy priest was) named dunewalker I’m usually on around 1 am est if folks are still on on kaladim

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Haruharuharuko posted:

Made an iskar defiler(I think whatever the unholy priest was) named dunewalker I’m usually on around 1 am est if folks are still on on kaladim

Sarah and I are, and our guild is recruiting. I'll see about finding you and getting you and invite. Guild is casual friendly, though with the server population as it is, if you want to raid, we can make that happen too.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007

Jade Star posted:

Sarah and I are, and our guild is recruiting. I'll see about finding you and getting you and invite. Guild is casual friendly, though with the server population as it is, if you want to raid, we can make that happen too.

Any particular class needs for raiding or anything else? Wanting to take another run at Kaladim but puttered out a bit as groups were sparse last time.

E: Oh god a level 85 boost, choice paralysis sets in.

Sintor fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 1, 2021

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Guild is strongly looking for a full time raid brigand. We also have no assassin or warlock.

People are scrambling and raising alts trying to shuffle the roster. If you want in, just get on kaladim and send Rivenly a tell, tell them you're a friend of Randylls and tell them what you're good at / want to play. If you want to raid.

If you dont want to raid, just play whatever you want and I can invite you to guild myself so you've got dudes and friends to group with and relearn ropes, etc.

Ohhhh, oh yeah :siren: if you're thinking of coming back to, or trying out Kaladim, they're giving each account a one time boost to level 85 (cap is 90) for one character. So you don't have to grind all the way up from scratch on a server that is entirely top heavy. You only get one though. Also they did a thing in the last update about earning AA in sync with level now. Also the boost thingy gives you 280aa (cap 300).

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 1, 2021

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Jade Star posted:

Guild is strongly looking for a full time raid brigand. We also have no assassin or warlock.

If you haven't played one, the Assassin class in EQ2 can be a lot of fun, but a lot of work to play well. Situational attack's and opening up opportunities. Some of my all time favorite fights in any MMO were with my Ratonga Assassin striking with a stun, following up with an attack that puts me in stealth, and then jumping behind the stunned mob to destroy it with a backstab. Brigands can be fun as well.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Some days I really want to play this again but I feel like time doesn't exist in my life... Even with the 85/280 boost.

Brigand would be fun, it'd be nice to play in an era where their debuffs truly shine & matter. I wonder what DOV era Assassin is like, because I raided as one for all of KA and it ascensions had taken most of the interesting parts of every class away. My assassin boiled down to 'line up good ascension hits and otherwise mash through my handful of macros, occasionally run through FFU macro'.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tsurupettan posted:

Some days I really want to play this again but I feel like time doesn't exist in my life... Even with the 85/280 boost.

Brigand would be fun, it'd be nice to play in an era where their debuffs truly shine & matter. I wonder what DOV era Assassin is like, because I raided as one for all of KA and it ascensions had taken most of the interesting parts of every class away. My assassin boiled down to 'line up good ascension hits and otherwise mash through my handful of macros, occasionally run through FFU macro'.

I went ahead and created a character on the server and used the boost, but if I had it to do over, I should have grabbed and leveled up a different character. I went with Necro being my favorite class, but if I have any chance at getting hooked in again, it's going to need to be doing something new... Leveling isn't bad in EQ2 so maybe I'll just grind something. The low level area's and chest drops were always so much fun.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
If people are interested, just look up the Next Tuesday guild on Kaladim. I'm there as an officer with Randyll, but the guild lead is almost always on as Rivenly. We'll get you invited if you want a home to play the TLE, raid or not. Now is a good time, mid content is out, people are back and more active, etc.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
Definitely up for any of those classes in raiding. I'll shoot a tell when I get on. I've raided on swash, dirge, conj, and beast - - though only beast past sky.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
I'm gonna give this another whirl after many years away, so I'll try to join up with y'all. What are the essential UI things to do these days? I don't need to go crazy, but there look like a lot of options nowadays so I figured it's best to just ask.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007

Jade Star posted:

If people are interested, just look up the Next Tuesday guild on Kaladim. I'm there as an officer with Randyll, but the guild lead is almost always on as Rivenly. We'll get you invited if you want a home to play the TLE, raid or not. Now is a good time, mid content is out, people are back and more active, etc.

Jumped on and shot a couple tells around but no bites yet, will wait till you're around it seems. Didn't pop my 85 yet but looks like it is as you mentioned, lotta Brigands showed up. Happy to pilot anything needed, probably a better convo in-game after tagging and all that.

Leveling in sky finally on the 56 dirge, definitely still love this game but hoo boy it feels like questing slowed down a bit.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I was on most of the mid day, but I'll be around tomorrow, Saturday, guaranteed starting from 5:30pm pacific. Running the new x2 raid zone. I ought to be around before and after as well.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
How long does it take to level in this era of the game? Without power leveling that is.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I can't say anything for live, but Kaladim was like, maybe a day a level. Maybe two days a level. It's been a while since the level cap has gone up though, and my perception is probably going to be biased by having a guild of people to form groups around, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Did they ever do a skill crunch? That was always my big hangup in eq2 was that my warlock main at the time had like 7 hotbars completely filled up and like 2/3rds of it was either utility stuff like teleports or nearly - pointless minor attacks that you use to fill space between the attacks what matter.