Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

attackmole posted:

If you play Darling Nikki loud enough it let's everyone around know that you gently caress :getin:

Exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWe1MMO5CWk

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I hate them both but I want a whopper now.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
After all these years I finally get to come clean.

It wasn't nikki in the hotel lobby, it was me and i was arrested for masturbating with that magazine

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
My friend made a reservation at the bar an hour and a half before the main card even starts because it was the only time he could get one. I'm gonna be liquored up for five hours before the fight and I just know that no matter what happens I'm gonna hate myself by the end.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Bluedeanie posted:

I used this question last time the ufc thread devolved into deeply unenjoyable derail discourse so perhaps it will work again here: what is your favorite song from Purple Rain? Willie-dee do not interact

The time the bird

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

attackmole posted:

I'm gonna be liquored up for five hours before the fight and I just know that no matter what happens I'm gonna hate myself by the end.

this is what combat sports are all about, everyone

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
What's the latest Paulie Malignaggi news?

Fake edit: I love that you can't write out his name without spellling "malign".

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El Roncho posted:

What's the latest Paulie Malignaggi news?

Fake edit: I love that you can't write out his name without spellling "malign".

gabagool

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the paulie guy could get his head cut off with a sword and still talk about it not actually being as bad as it looks

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

attackmole posted:

My friend made a reservation at the bar an hour and a half before the main card even starts because it was the only time he could get one. I'm gonna be liquored up for five hours before the fight and I just know that no matter what happens I'm gonna hate myself by the end.

If it makes you feel better they'll probably be playing the preshow fox card that starts 2 hours before the ppv and has 2 fun if pretty insignificant fights.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

The way McGregor responds to the Trump "fire and fury" quote is the first thing about him I've found genuinely endearing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
wtf I love McGregor now

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

It's too realistic for me, but that gun fight with blanks looked fun.

If they make a zombie version or one with space guns, sign me the gently caress up.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Captain Log posted:

It's too realistic for me, but that gun fight with blanks looked fun.

If they make a zombie version or one with space guns, sign me the gently caress up.

You're looking for a laser tag place like Laser Quest. They're a lot of fun and generally have a ton more space than the place in that video.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

this is what combat sports are all about, everyone

I mean...seriously though.

5 hours might even be underselling it. My friends and I usually start around 2 for the big fights.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

That is a very fair point that I'm not even going to try and refute. I managed to scrub that from my memory. It was really good for the first couple of seasons. Please don't post a gif that proves me wrong.

attackmole posted:

Dude, self loathing is way cheaper when you stay at home.

Ty1990 posted:

I mean...seriously though.

5 hours might even be underselling it. My friends and I usually start around 2 for the big fights.

This isn't really a fight, though. It will be big, though.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Shut up, retard

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

please god make one of these athletes utter one of the illegal words so i dont have to read this

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
When do the undercards start? The various news articles aren't making it clear to me.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jack B Nimble posted:

When do the undercards start? The various news articles aren't making it clear to me.

is there even an undercard?

Edit:

I find it funny how the conversation seems to have moved from "Will Floyd beat Connor?" to "Will Floyd be able to knockout Connor?" The stakes for Floyd to get any credit for this fight get higher and higher as people seek to give Connor any reason to get a pat on the back.

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 22, 2017

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Are there any betting lines that are close to even odds? Like Floyd in <4 rounds or something like that?

Not that I'm going to wager real money but bragging rights are important and I have a coworker who wants to get money in on mystic mac

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Who's gonna have more of the live crowd behind them? Conor just by longstanding casual fan hatred of Floyd, right?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The conversation has moved from people saying "ah nice troll but actually I know you are trolling and this isn't bothering me" when I correctly say that Conor will win via KO, to everyone agreeing that Conor will win via KO.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

Who's gonna have more of the live crowd behind them? Conor just by longstanding casual fan hatred of Floyd, right?

the tickets all cost a million dollars and it's still not sold out so whoever got the most comped for their entourage

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

The conversation has moved from people saying "ah nice troll but actually I know you are trolling and this isn't bothering me" when I correctly say that Conor will win via KO, to everyone agreeing that Conor will win via KO.

In the 4th round, yes.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Work Friend Keven posted:

The Russians aren't the only ones in the universe running disinformation campaigns. When the promoters see that too much money or interest is on one or other of these mooks, they activate their network to begin pumping up the other. Mayweather is the greatest boxer of all time and MacGregor doesn't stand a chance (so why bother watching)? Cue the vids of MacGregor training 24/7 and Mayweather eating burgers. MacGregor could pull this off? Here comes the noodle-arm vids and shitastic sparring. Yin and Yang...one side propped up as needed to maintain the perfect balance of interest.

Now, you might say, what the gently caress, that's some tin-foil conspiracy bullshit, but you can't know for sure that it is, which is the beauty of it and why it's so effective.

It also points to the fact that this entire event is a complete fraud; there's no intention of providing a legit fight. So I'm laughing my loving rear end off at the peeps throwing $100 to be willingly defrauded and who are -- of their own free will -- camping out in a bar for five hours beforehand and who will have five days of wing-shits afterwards. If you're going to watch this gigantic scam, it's your moral obligation to locate an online stream of this.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

The Russians aren't the only ones in the universe running disinformation campaigns. When the promoters see that too much money or interest is on one or other of these mooks, they activate their network to begin pumping up the other. Mayweather is the greatest boxer of all time and MacGregor doesn't stand a chance (so why bother watching)? Cue the vids of MacGregor training 24/7 and Mayweather eating burgers. MacGregor could pull this off? Here comes the noodle-arm vids and shitastic sparring. Yin and Yang...one side propped up as needed to maintain the perfect balance of interest.

Now, you might say, what the gently caress, that's some tin-foil conspiracy bullshit, but you can't know for sure that it is, which is the beauty of it and why it's so effective.

It also points to the fact that this entire event is a complete fraud; there's no intention of providing a legit fight. So I'm laughing my loving rear end off at the peeps throwing $100 to be willingly defrauded and who are -- of their own free will -- camping out in a bar for five hours beforehand and who will have five days of wing-shits afterwards. If you're going to watch, it's your moral obligation to locate an online stream of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg8Ceu6Mwjs

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes, there is an under card, but all the articles seem to show when the main event is expected to start. I need to know when the fights actually begin.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
(Nodding calmly) I respect your viewpoint, but ultimately there will be a fight. There will be a winner. It will be Conor McGregor, Via KO. Your feelings on the promotion cycle are largely immaterial to this outcome.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Time: Pay-per-view card will begin at 9 p.m. ET

There we go : )

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jack B Nimble posted:

Time: Pay-per-view card will begin at 9 p.m. ET

There we go : )

so 1am main event start?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Every fight 1 round ko, main event starts hours early. without a warm up, mayweather blitzed and tko'd after "a series of unanswered yoga poses".

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

If the fight is after my bed time there's no way I'll watch it.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
People guess 10 or 11 ET main event, depending.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Jack B Nimble posted:

People guess 10 or 11 ET main event, depending.

depending on floyd's bed time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

It also points to the fact that this entire event is a complete fraud; there's no intention of providing a legit fight. So I'm laughing my loving rear end off at the peeps throwing $100 to be willingly defrauded and who are -- of their own free will -- camping out in a bar for five hours beforehand and who will have five days of wing-shits afterwards. If you're going to watch this gigantic scam, it's your moral obligation to locate an online stream of this.

:henget:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lmao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless