Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
bought myself some four roses single barrel and knob creek single barrel

liking the four roses more at the moment, 120 proof knob is a little spicy for my baby palate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Plank Walker posted:

bought myself some four roses single barrel and knob creek single barrel

liking the four roses more at the moment, 120 proof knob is a little spicy for my baby palate

You're supposed to add water to it. It's "case strength".

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
by "cask strength" do you mean "beam garbage" because that's what slobbery knob creak is

you're liking the four roses single barrel because it's Good poo poo op :thumbsup: drink more of it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Sorry, yes I meant "cask strength" and the quotes were meant to indicate a slight distain.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

finna drink some double IPAs :getin:

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

picked up some Aldi brand Big Brother hard root beer. it's good.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

roboshit posted:

finna drink some double IPAs :getin:

same and imperials

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
so what's hard root beer normally made with? vodka?

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

i think its just a malt beverage so barley

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

beer rear end beer (cheap)

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Uptime Sinclair posted:

so what's hard root beer normally made with? vodka?

grain alcohol

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NEED MORE MILK posted:

grain alcohol

lol
I've read since that the big brands are usually malt beverages brewed like beer with flavors added at the end

appropriate I guess to be beer-adjacent

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
probably better for tax purposes also. iirc that's why Smirnoff Ice doesn't actually contain any vodka

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
in the us, some states regulate beer differently than other liquors. you wouldn't be able to sell smirnoff ice at a "beer-only" licensed shop (usually a grocery store rather than a liquor store)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

probably better for tax purposes also. iirc that's why Smirnoff Ice doesn't actually contain any vodka
well I remember for border crossing us-can for the purposes of tariff exemption it's worded you can bring x bottles of beer per person or else x ounces of hard liquor and malt beverages are classified as beer. so probably that's a factor too

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
It's finally warm and sunny, which means a six pack and I share the hammock for the afternoon :toot:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Uptime Sinclair posted:

I've read since that the big brands are usually malt beverages brewed like beer with flavors added at the end

yep flavors and tons and tons of sugar

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Uptime Sinclair posted:

well I remember for border crossing us-can for the purposes of tariff exemption it's worded you can bring x bottles of beer per person or else x ounces of hard liquor and malt beverages are classified as beer. so probably that's a factor too

while that distinction likely exists, idk who the gently caress is using their duty free exemption to bring smirnoff ice or anything similar into the US

get some ice wine like a sane person

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

while that distinction likely exists, idk who the gently caress is using their duty free exemption to bring smirnoff ice or anything similar into the US

get some ice wine like a sane person
probably comes up more going from cheap booze US to expensive booze Canada, at least for folks who like wine coolers and the like

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Tanith posted:

It's finally warm and sunny, which means a six pack and I share the hammock for the afternoon :toot:

are u aware thats considered binge drinking?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
"binge drinking" is like 'have you ever had more than 1 drink in a 4 hour period?" so it's not really a thing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's not a binge if it's in a hammock

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Beast of Bourbon posted:

"binge drinking" is like 'have you ever had more than 1 drink in a 4 hour period?" so it's not really a thing
it's actually "have you drank enough to raise your bac above a certain amount (usually 0.08) by drinking more than 4 standard drinks in 24 hours (for men, 3 for women)" which is actually a pretty forgiving definition

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it's actually "have you drank enough to raise your bac above a certain amount (usually 0.08) by drinking more than 4 standard drinks in 24 hours (for men, 3 for women)" which is actually a pretty forgiving definition

4 drinks in 24 hours?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
most definitions for "are you an alcoholic?" are like "have you ever had a drink after a stressful day?" and "have you ever had more than 1 drink in a single evening?"

having teetotaling puritans running the definitions is not helpful

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Forum Of Alcoholics Confidently States That They Don't Have A Problem

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

4 drinks in 24 hours?
that's the american addiction centers criteria. i've seen the "light non-problematic drinking addiction-wise for men is no more than 14 standard drinks per week, no more than 4 in 24 hours" used in canada, us and uk, although sizes for standard drinks vary somewhat. it's also effectively blind to whether it's problematic to overall health although that line can't be a good practice even in the mid-term

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i can stop drinking whenever i want

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Beast of Bourbon posted:

most definitions for "are you an alcoholic?" are like "have you ever had a drink after a stressful day?" and "have you ever had more than 1 drink in a single evening?"

having teetotaling puritans running the definitions is not helpful
alcoholics binge drink regularly but a single binge drinking episode does not necessarily make you an alcoholic. fair points though

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

just numbers isn’t so revealing, but the question points to something legit, that is motivations behind drinking alcohol play into how much of a problem it is, like if it’s a crutch for depression, stress, anxiety, it may become a dependency. but it isn’t like you’re an alcoholic just because you use a substance like that ever. considering the pros and cons of your drinking is also worthwhile - if you find you have too many cons, it’s worth re-evaluating your relationship to it. not too hard in principle, but people can be mighty self deceptive

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

im an alcoholic but only one day a week

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beast of Bourbon posted:

I like right after the glass is empty

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beast of Bourbon posted:

but why?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

actually i lied i like stopping when i realize the home team is botching the game because that way lies ruin

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also it was all local beers and the owner handed me a sample of an ipa on nitro that was tasty, but their ipa is tasty on co2 so idk if id go for the nos

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
why would you have an ipa on nitro that makes no sense

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

DELETE CASCADE posted:

it was strange, not bad, but more fruit and a mix of sweet and hoppy. like I said, not bad, but i dont think I'd order it since the co2 is just fine and a good level of hoppy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i think its a gateway to getting ipa avoiders to try things, and their ipas are already chill enough it basically flattens the barrier

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Nitro has the unique characteristic of turning flavorful beers into a smooth bland paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

Nitro has the unique characteristic of turning flavorful beers into a smooth bland paste.

mega agreedo friends, get a cask bitter or something similar if that's what you're going for

Lyon fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 25, 2018