Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
We need a hunger games mode where everyone starts at the middle of a circular map. Lots of gear in the middle and a storm slowly shoving everyone back towards the middle after the original bloodbath and scatter. Make it bowl shaped like being inside a jungled volcano caldera or crater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
My other fantasy is a primitive version where clubs, bone and stone knives, throwing spears , slings and crappy bows and arrows replace guns. Re skin everything in super cartoony flintstones esque chunky stone and wood construction. Make the players look like really dumb caveman charicatures.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I just want to be able to build a cannon on my fort.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Week 9 map leaked. Changes to tilted and bigger divot forest. Also a surprise.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Turpitude posted:

My other fantasy is a primitive version where clubs, bone and stone knives, throwing spears , slings and crappy bows and arrows replace guns. Re skin everything in super cartoony flintstones esque chunky stone and wood construction. Make the players look like really dumb caveman charicatures.

Wasn't that just Ark's BR game mode? I never played it (got bored of Ark before then) and I think it's now defunct in favor of the multi-map server clusters, but that's how my roommates described it to me. Much slower paced than fortnite as matches lasted about two hours, but the endgame was always on a plateau as the storm shrank in and the last few teams desperately battled with their wood-and-stone forts, small dino armies, stone weapons, bows, and the occasional gun from a supply drop.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Week 9 map leaked. Changes to tilted and bigger divot forest. Also a surprise.

You mean the satire map with titled house sized trucks?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I just want to be able to build a cannon on my fort.
I want a BR with good, fun vehicles.

I remember looking at how the cars drive in pubg and thinking "how on earth is this so much worse than halo was over a decade ago"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shopping carts will be back. And then removed, and then added, and removed once more and added again, and removed, and added and removed

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

IronicDongz posted:

I want a BR with good, fun vehicles.

I remember looking at how the cars drive in pubg and thinking "how on earth is this so much worse than halo was over a decade ago"

I mean, I wouldn't say that the vehicles in PUBG aren't fun, they're just fun in a way not necessarily intended by the devs...

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007

Preem Palver posted:

Wasn't that just Ark's BR game mode? I never played it (got bored of Ark before then) and I think it's now defunct in favor of the multi-map server clusters, but that's how my roommates described it to me. Much slower paced than fortnite as matches lasted about two hours, but the endgame was always on a plateau as the storm shrank in and the last few teams desperately battled with their wood-and-stone forts, small dino armies, stone weapons, bows, and the occasional gun from a supply drop.

Yeah, most of Ark's BR game was bows + dinos then the final battle tended to be dinos + guns (gun people generally hid somewhere and teched up). The game lasted for 2 hours when first released then was reworked to be ~30 minutes. No one plays it any more because it stopped being supported and ran terribly.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
First decent pay-to-win set in the store since the switch version came out. Tonight a new saucy boss from the little town of tomatoes is going to cut a hot slice out of the competition.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Need mortars and target lasers like tribes

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Mongoose posted:

First decent pay-to-win set in the store since the switch version came out. Tonight a new saucy boss from the little town of tomatoes is going to cut a hot slice out of the competition.

every match is a duel to deliver the final slice

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else having the progress bar not show up when reviving a teammate? I keep going to revive somebody and my character does the animation but there's no other indication I'm actually doing anything or how much longer it's going to take. I've only noticed it in the 5x20 LTM so idk if it's specific to that game type or what.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You have to be the one that actually revives the teammate for it to count. So, if you're the second person to try to revive someone, you actually don't do anything and don't get any credit for reviving them.

But it should work and count in 5v20 unless they changed / hosed it up.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't mean for the challenge, I mean the little progress bar that usually circles the revive button-prompt as you're holding the button down to revive somebody(I've been playing on xbone, so it circles the X button specifically in this case.)

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

bango skank posted:

Anyone else having the progress bar not show up when reviving a teammate? I keep going to revive somebody and my character does the animation but there's no other indication I'm actually doing anything or how much longer it's going to take. I've only noticed it in the 5x20 LTM so idk if it's specific to that game type or what.

I get and see this bug semi regularly on switch, so it's not just you. Happened in the last 50v50 mode too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

bango skank posted:

I didn't mean for the challenge, I mean the little progress bar that usually circles the revive button-prompt as you're holding the button down to revive somebody(I've been playing on xbone, so it circles the X button specifically in this case.)

Yeah it has been broken for weeks. You are reviving them, but just can't see the progress. Wait until they stand back up.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

bango skank posted:

When this happens, you can still see the green circular progress bar above their name, even if you don't see the big timer on your screen. It also shows in the player list in the top left. So you can still estimate how much time you have left.

This is on PS4, at least. I'm sure they will fix that bug in the next major update.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

How is gas grenade? Haven't played in like a week.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MF_James posted:

Pretty good. Not a "must have" for me, but it can be real pain in the rear end, especially for people who like to box in and spam walls - that poo poo goes through them.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

wa27 posted:

When this happens, you can still see the green circular progress bar above their name, even if you don't see the big timer on your screen. It also shows in the player list in the top left.

It doesn't show that little progress circle when the bug happens, it just stays red, and one can't see the player in the top left when it's a non-partied teammate in one of the big team modes. It's not a huge deal or anything just definitely causes a lot of accidental revive restarts.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

imagine if they implemented 50v50 capture the flag

and every time somebody manage to capture the flag, he turns into some superhero form for 30 seconds

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

MF_James posted:

I think I still prefer C4, but in cases where somebody pops up a smaller 1x1 you can instantly make them regret doing so. Listening to the damage ticks is also kinda satisfying.

Tim Hortons
Oct 11, 2013
Can I get a link to the discord server? The one from the OP is down

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is there any punishment for going afk in solo Battle Royale? I've been afk-ing under a lonely tree on a hill near Dusty while I do some chores and work (otherwise I don't see myself hitting 80 before the end of the battle pass) and I wanted to know if that's not allowed or something.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
:stare:

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Azran posted:

Is there any punishment for going afk in solo Battle Royale? I've been afk-ing under a lonely tree on a hill near Dusty while I do some chores and work (otherwise I don't see myself hitting 80 before the end of the battle pass) and I wanted to know if that's not allowed or something.

Does this work?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Two indicators the game uses is time alive and placement and there doesn't seem to be a kick timer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Azran posted:

How much exp are you getting?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
You could just float down in an umbrella as long as you can then land in a centralized tree. If your lucky with the circle you could be top ten every time

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

bug chaser chaser posted:

Does this work?

gets him some free exp for surviving x minutes, I don't see it getting you reported much, since it's a free kill for whoever finds him.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

It's this spot. You want either this tree or the tree south of it, not the one to the right of the marker because that one's foliage won't cover you. The first circle is always guaranteed to include this hill, I've yet to see it not cover it. I normally get 400-500 exp if I let myself get killed by the storm, less than 20 people tend to be alive by then. This is, of course, if the second circle doesn't include the hill. If the second one does, then it's closer to 600-700. I've gotten PLENTY of second places by doing this, which nets me about 900-1000. I've got the 120% booster from the battlepass, mind you.

From level 72 to level 76, I've only gotten killed once, and it was someone who wanted the tree for themselves. Most people won't notice you because people diving there are going for Dusty or Tilted.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Azran posted:

I've gotten PLENTY of second places by doing this

and people say this game is badly designed

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Fitzy Fitz posted:

and people say this game is badly designed

if you're not first you're last

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

prom candy posted:

if you're not first you're last

I'm sure if repeated enough times there would be a victory royale.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wa27 posted:

When this happens, you can still see the green circular progress bar above their name, even if you don't see the big timer on your screen. It also shows in the player list in the top left. So you can still estimate how much time you have left.

This is on PS4, at least. I'm sure they will fix that bug in the next major update.

I noticed the bar around the green circle over their name the first time I saw the bug, but I was playing the 5x20 mode with a friend in a party. But when it happened to me playing solo in that mode I was trying to revive a rando and the green circle didn't have the progress bar either, which resulted in an accidental restart and the both of us getting killed before I could finish the second attempt.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

A legend amongst legends. Level 80 here I come! :woop:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I got an idling victory today. It happens. I was idling because I was playing on my phone and I had to set it down, so I hopped down a pretty steep cliff on the edge of the map that was also in the final circle and no one ever figured out where I was. I’m pretty sure the last guy died to fall damage somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I'm early enough in my career that I have as many staircase-launchpad fail deaths as successful launches and they usually happen in the top 10. Trial and error.