Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Island Nation posted:

What's X-Pac doing these days?

Podcasting, I think. He's not a particularly bitter guy, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If nothing else he hasn't said anything stupid or offensive or bigoted that I'm aware of, especially after everything that's happened over the last few months.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

getting your bronco busted changes a man, give him a new look on life.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

If nothing else he hasn't said anything stupid or offensive or bigoted that I'm aware of, especially after everything that's happened over the last few months.

A few years ago he and I would have some delightful chats about marijuana (both of us pro-legalization), and share lovely jokes over Twitter. He was very pleasant, and I really hope he hasn’t milkshake duck’d himself.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Always a fan of this tweet.

https://twitter.com/TheRealXPac/status/1743842082786275400

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Has anyone said All Sacked Drew Gulak yet?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

A Real Horse posted:

A few years ago he and I would have some delightful chats about marijuana (both of us pro-legalization), and share lovely jokes over Twitter. He was very pleasant, and I really hope he hasn’t milkshake duck’d himself.

Iirc there were allegations he domestically abused Chyna?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Breetai posted:

Iirc there were allegations he domestically abused Chyna?

Far as I'm aware he's pretty open about how toxic their relationship was and is remorseful about the whole thing.

A much better approach than trying to unperson her from the industry for decades like HHH or Austin hiding behind gag orders for abusing Debra.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TheKingslayer posted:

Far as I'm aware he's pretty open about how toxic their relationship was and is remorseful about the whole thing.

A much better approach than trying to unperson her from the industry for decades like HHH or Austin hiding behind gag orders for abusing Debra.

It was also when they were both very much on a lot of drugs, not that it’s an excuse but it sounds like they were both really going through poo poo. Any time X Pac talks about Chyna he seems to have a lot of love for her.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Waltman is good people and does more to reach out to wrestlers dealing with addiction issues than most people will ever realize. He's very, very open about how he behaved at the worst of his addictions, has been very reflective and remorseful, and is, as far as I know, the only one person involved who's actually denounced and apologized for the DX as the Nation of Domination blackface skit. He's put a lot of time and effort into getting his poo poo together.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that's heartening to hear

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Genuinely happy to read happy news in this cursed thread of monsters

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Eat This Glob posted:

Genuinely happy to read happy news in this cursed thread of monsters

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He totally owns it, regrets it, and helps others in similar situations which is about the best outcome you can hope for.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Shard posted:

that's heartening to hear

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Lamuella posted:

Has anyone said All Sacked Drew Gulak yet?

I believe it was Satoshi Kojima that hit All Sack

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/raulisonline/status/1788685140815659440

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

HHH wants to treat these guys like Dana White treats all of his cowed media stooges he's just too much of a dweebus to do it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/thetiffyszn/status/1788637503727288548?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

https://x.com/thetiffyszn/status/1788654389672251733?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1790381118631333964

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Trying to use the, "actually she wanted it big time" argument should be instant jail time it's so tacky.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The McMahon response saying that actually other text messages show it was consensual relationship but those messages were deleted sure feels like big time lawyer misdirection

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The McMahon response saying that actually other text messages show it was consensual relationship but those messages were deleted sure feels like big time lawyer misdirection

Golly it's too bad text messages can't be recovered very easily by the carrier, huh, Vince.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
Dave and Bryan were talking about the texts like it’s so hard to retrieve them once deleted and I’m like I cannot believe how lazy and stupid they are being right now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
loving Dog ate my homework rear end defence.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

MJeff posted:

Golly it's too bad text messages can't be recovered very easily by the carrier, huh, Vince.

a dumb moron posted:

Dave and Bryan were talking about the texts like it’s so hard to retrieve them once deleted and I’m like I cannot believe how lazy and stupid they are being right now.

It depends?

Been a while since I had to do it but basically SMS itself is easy to get ahold of. Anything on iMessage, WhatsApp, or whatever is not. So it is incredibly dependent upon what was used and how.

Then if it was a corporate device protocol may very well be that it gets wiped upon being returned or replaced. The last thing lawyers want is anything that violates data retention policies.

But none of this makes me think he’s anything but the vilest of scumfucks. Because he is and if I were involved in discovery I’d be digging everything I could on how these mobile devices were used.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Nystral posted:

It depends?

Been a while since I had to do it but basically SMS itself is easy to get ahold of. Anything on iMessage, WhatsApp, or whatever is not. So it is incredibly dependent upon what was used and how.

Then if it was a corporate device protocol may very well be that it gets wiped upon being returned or replaced. The last thing lawyers want is anything that violates data retention policies.

But none of this makes me think he’s anything but the vilest of scumfucks. Because he is and if I were involved in discovery I’d be digging everything I could on how these mobile devices were used.

If it was a corporate device then any communications on it needed to be stored for 10 years because the device was used for communications by a senior corporate officer. Deleting texts is something like a 500m a year industry for the SEC.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://x.com/brandonthurston/status/1790542164532842639?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

What I'm gathering from that thread is WWE is arguing that the law saying NDAs can't be used to hide sexual assault doesn't apply because they don't think it should?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VideoWitch posted:

What I'm gathering from that thread is WWE is arguing that the law saying NDAs can't be used to hide sexual assault doesn't apply because they don't think it should?

It's not a retroactive law, given the sheer level of destruction it would cause the ruling class if suddenly every rape they did was public knowledge.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

There's a lot of info in Thurston's tweet thread so I'll quote it for those without Twitter.

quote:

WWE has filed its expected motion to compel arbitration in Grant v. WWE et al.

WWE has also filed a 24-page memorandum in support.

"WWE disputes Grant’s allegations. But, as a threshold matter, this dispute cannot be heard in court because Grant agreed to arbitrate her claims. WWE therefore moves to compel this action to arbitration."

WWE's lawyers: "Simply put, Grant has no claims actionable in this Court because the separation and non-disclosure agreement she signed with McMahon and WWE (the “Agreement”)—the monetary benefits of which she concededly accepted and retained—contains an arbitration provision that unambiguously precludes this Court from adjudicating her claims."

WWE says that the question of what parts of this dispute should be handled in arbitration (as opposed to open court) -- that issue itself should be decided by an arbitrator.

Going to arbitration (which all three defendants are pushing for) would mean the case would move to private mediation and out of public court.

WWE: "[The arbitration] provision [of the Grant-McMahon NDA] requires not only that all claims Grant asserts here be decided in arbitration, but also that the threshold question of the arbitrability of those claims be decided by an arbitrator... The Court need not—and, indeed, should not—consider whether Grant’s claims fall within the scope of the arbitration provision because the Agreement requires the issue of arbitrability to be decided by an arbitrator."

WWE says even if the Court disagrees that arbitrability should be decided by an arbitrator, this should still go to arbitration because the arbitration clause of the NDA states, "[A]ny dispute arising under or out of this Agreement, its construction, interpretation, application, performance, or breach," and that arbitration is the "sole and exclusive legal method to resolve any and all disputes and/or controversies".

WWE argues against Grant's claims that the Speak Out Act and the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protecting Act make the NDA unenforceable because those laws don't pertain to arbitration.

Also, the latest Trish & Sarah Podcast was made before WWE's statement, but they break down and discuss the Laurinaitis comments, the meaning of arbitration, and they bring up a LOT of key details from all the reports that are being attempted to be swept under the rug, lots of good info and talk there.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm gonna be so frustrated if the judge sides with McMahon/WWE regarding arbitration. The NDA itself is in question and taking wording from said potentially* invalid NDA to argue for arbitration is so gross. Also gross - the fact that they worded the agreement the way they did in the first place.

*potentially used here since it's one of the key questions in the case.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Yeah, the prospect of a "legally sound but morally reprehensible" ruling to take it to arbitration is a distinct possibility.

Best hope is for the NDA to get struck down under common law, I guess.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

If the terms of the NDA weren't adhered to (wwe stopped paying?), are its terms enforceable? Genuine question

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

If the terms of the NDA weren't adhered to (wwe stopped paying?), are its terms enforceable? Genuine question

That's the question the court needs to decide. Did Vince stopping payments forfeit the NDA all together or is this dispute within the terms of the arbitration clause?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

i think the big question is and I'm sure Callis is gonna argue it is that if McMahon thought Grant violated the NDA why didn't he go to arbitration first like they're claiming Grant did. I think that alone probably makes the NDA moot as McMahon violated the terms to begin with

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

i think the big question is and I'm sure Callis is gonna argue it is that if McMahon thought Grant violated the NDA why didn't he go to arbitration first like they're claiming Grant did. I think that alone probably makes the NDA moot as McMahon violated the terms to begin with

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, but McMahon's argument is Grant went to the courts when everything should be handled via arbitration. Thus, he is trying to get the case out of the courts and handled by an arbitrator (where nothing is public).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your post correctly, but McMahon's argument is Grant went to the courts when everything should be handled via arbitration. Thus, he is trying to get the case out of the courts and handled by an arbitrator (where nothing is public).

I believe they're arguing that if there was something Vince felt was a breach of the NDA to the point that he stopped the payments (which is the impetus for the lawsuit) he should've requested arbitration himself rather than unilaterally stopping the payments. I don't know if that works as a legal argument but I thought about it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

I believe they're arguing that if there was something Vince felt was a breach of the NDA to the point that he stopped the payments (which is the impetus for the lawsuit) he should've requested arbitration himself rather than unilaterally stopping the payments.

Ah yes this makes sense. Misunderstanding on my part!

I do hope the presiding judge recognizes that fact.