Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Where in the world is Brad Maddox?
Gearing up to be the new third member of the Shield
Playing striker for the English football squad in the World Cup
In Russia, being Edward Snowden's secret government mole
Giving an awkward and scripted presentation for Microsoft at E3
He's twerking, Maggle!
View Results

• Locked thread
Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chokes McGee posted:

And we end with the nightmarish image of Dean Ambrose about to have a psychotic break.

GOOD NIGHT, EVERYBODY!

can we get a brazzers logo on it, tia

About to have?

I'm pretty sure he's been in the of one for the past two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
John Cena got beaten up for pretty much the entire time he was in the match, ate a Sister Abigail and didn't factor into the finish.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Face Ambrose is amazing, 'cause it's my favorite wrestling idea that "a face is a heel doing his schtick to other heels".

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

armoredgorilla posted:

God drat, Harper rules.

PUSH HIM.

Harper is an extremely underrated wrestler. He does about 70% of the work in any Wyatt match.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

armoredgorilla posted:

Face Ambrose is amazing, 'cause it's my favorite wrestling idea that "a face is a heel doing his schtick to other heels".

:stare: I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU. LITERALLY MURDER YOU. IT WILL BE PAINFUL, YOU WILL SUFFER AND THEN BEG ME FOR THE SWEET RELEASE OF DEATH.

:neckbeard: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
Dean Ambrose was the highlight of the night. I look forward to him cutting more deranged promos.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

Chokes McGee posted:

And we end with the nightmarish image of Dean Ambrose about to have a psychotic break.

GOOD NIGHT, EVERYBODY!

can we get a brazzers logo on it, tia

I swear if you guys rag on me thirteen or fourteen more times I'm out of here

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chokes McGee posted:

:stare: I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU. LITERALLY MURDER YOU. IT WILL BE PAINFUL, YOU WILL SUFFER AND THEN BEG ME FOR THE SWEET RELEASE OF DEATH.

Producer: Okay, Dean, so you're gonna tag with Santino tonight, and we're gonna give you a comedy snake prop to bring to the ring. HOLY poo poo A BLACK MAMBA, everyone run!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Bard Maddox posted:

John Cena got beaten up for pretty much the entire time he was in the match, ate a Sister Abigail and didn't factor into the finish.

Is his eye still hosed up?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Chokes McGee posted:

Going with Roman's Game of Thrones reference, I think this makes Ambrose Sandor Clegane.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW
If a weekly thread doesn't pop up soon I'm starting one :f5:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
"no swearing on backstage pass"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Despite my initial gut reaction that main event was real cool and good. The rest of Raw, not so much.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Despite my initial gut reaction that main event was real cool and good. The rest of Raw, not so much.

Ehn it was alright. They still need to go back to two hours, but when don't they :shrug:

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Everyone involved in that main event has already had a much better match with one another than that match. That, coupled with the fact that Shield/Cena won decisively again, the Wyatts lost decisively again, and the Authority promised the Shield would end tonight and then sat back and did nothing, and I fail to see how this main event advanced anything.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

LightsGameraAction posted:

Everyone involved in that main event has already had a much better match with one another than that match. That, coupled with the fact that Shield/Cena won decisively again, the Wyatts lost decisively again, and the Authority promised the Shield would end tonight and then sat back and did nothing, and I fail to see how this main event advanced anything.

Do the WWE ever advance anything when they're three whole weeks from a ppv

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't hate what I saw of RAW but as usual I came away without anything actually motivating me to keep watching. The only "story" or character or build I can think of is who the last couple of guys in MitB are and how Bo Dallas will react when he loses.

It's almost like WWE has all but abandoned serial storytelling outside the title picture.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Chokes McGee posted:

Ehn it was alright. They still need to go back to two hours, but when don't they :shrug:

Isn't the USA network the ones forcing them to go three hours?

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I'm only halfway through watching raw but Dean Ambrose's promo has compelled me to post. holy poo poo that was good. Roman's was a little weird but also kind of badass as well. but gently caress, Ambrose was on point.

e: JFC Sandow's costume this week

Trip Larsen fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 10, 2014

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Carver Crisis posted:

JFC Sandow's costume this week

Seriously, who did Sandow piss off backstage?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't hate what I saw of RAW but as usual I came away without anything actually motivating me to keep watching. The only "story" or character or build I can think of is who the last couple of guys in MitB are and how Bo Dallas will react when he loses.

It's almost like WWE has all but abandoned serial storytelling outside the title picture.

I like what they're currently doing with Cody and Goldust, provided it actually has a sensible payoff. At the moment to me what seems "obvious" would be Cody deciding that Goldust was the weak link and trying to run him out of WWE.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Seriously, who did Sandow piss off backstage?
Honestly I don't care, I really really liked that segment. It was hilarious. I like the "Sandow comes out in a new costume every week" thing that he's doing. At least in this match, it got him pretty over. Maybe he can move on to more serious things later, but for now I like what he's doing.

e: Also, Paul Heyman cutting a face promo for the hometown crowd, while still being a villainous poo poo, was cool.

Trip Larsen fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 10, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
So yeah.

Anyone got any acapella Cena raps? I so want to do a mashup of one of his songs with the Shield theme and complete it with a Superstar Head CAW and the 2k14 entrance and fantasy book the gently caress out of this poo poo.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
So what if the winner of the ladder match for the briefcase cashes it in after the ladder match for the title? TWO NEW CHAMPIONS IN ONE NIGHT

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

So what if the winner of the ladder match for the briefcase cashes it in after the ladder match for the title? TWO NEW CHAMPIONS IN ONE NIGHT

Was thinking that. Makes sense kayfabe wise. Horrible idea considering how depleted the main event scene seems to be. Last thing they want is to have the wwe title be a prop. Seems like they have been actually trying to restore the wwe whc a legit championship.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For the last year or so, most title reigns have been pretty lengthy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Spikeguy posted:

For the last year or so, most title reigns have been pretty lengthy.

I really miss multiple contenders for a title simultaneously. It always kept matches and feuds fresh, because you could spin off two challengers into a feud with each other and still have a couple of other guys gunning for belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Carver Crisis posted:

Honestly I don't care, I really really liked that segment. It was hilarious. I like the "Sandow comes out in a new costume every week" thing that he's doing. At least in this match, it got him pretty over. Maybe he can move on to more serious things later, but for now I like what he's doing.

Stevie Richards and Charlie Haas both had it at different points, and although it was funny, it only lasts for as long as they decide to keep coming up with weekly ideas. It's the gimmick equivalent of living paycheck to paycheck, basically. In Richards' case he was pretty drat lucky Right to Censor became a thing soon after because they had absolutely nothing for him after that, and in Haas's case he was let go soon after.

• Locked thread