Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
We all need to punch more fascists. Are you doing your part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

DLC Inc posted:

politics need to continue to be more like WWE imo

It's more like WCW and nWo

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Whoa I just realize the op spelled exclusive wrong

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

seriously, who hasn't eaten a sandwich on the toilet

You're making me agree with Spunky. Truly, the Silent Majority av holders are the unifying force for good

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Avirosb posted:

America is the greatest country on Earth and also we need to make it great again

this but unironically

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
remember baseball? apple pie? gasoline being so cheap you drove a car whose efficiency was measured in gallons per mile? when jello was for dinner? as an australian you wouldnt understand but im sure you could really put ur mind to it

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also, only white people. remember the good ol' days, boys?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
thats because they only invented the other colors later dude

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
ever heard of black and white tv idiot

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
for those of you calling for the doxxing of a private citizen by a major network would you be ok if you made a funny anti trump meme and it got famous and a major news conglomerate threatened to reveal in a quick "concerned" segment that you are a regular on a forum that made a gif of hulk hogan smashing the towers, and is home to FYAD where racial and homophobic slurs run rampant of is your brain like that of a goldfish and totally unable to reason outside of a specific scenario even in the most obvious cases?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
black is the absence of color whereas white is all colors equally

makes u think

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

canpakes posted:

for those of you calling for the doxxing of a private citizen by a major network would you be ok if you made a funny anti trump meme and it got famous and a major news conglomerate threatened to reveal in a quick "concerned" segment that you are a regular on a forum that made a gif of hulk hogan smashing the towers, and is home to FYAD where racial and homophobic slurs run rampant of is your brain like that of a goldfish and totally unable to reason outside of a specific scenario even in the most obvious cases?

CNN did a bad thing. Trumpeteers pretending to suddenly care about decorum, propriety, and getting upset at actions that are shady but not technically illegal can all get bent.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

canpakes posted:

I think it would be good for Lowtax revenue to get onto CNN. anything for the forums

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VikingSkull posted:

hilariously a ton of the early, early punk bands are conservative as gently caress

misfits - conservative

ramones - half legit republicans

dead kennedys - libertarian

The Dead Kennedys are anarchists more than libertarians no? And the Ramones were apolitical. Johnny Ramone was conservative and Joey Ramone was liberal.

I mean yeah there are conservative punk bands but eh.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Psycho Society posted:

We all need to punch more fascists. Are you doing your part?

no i'm not an ogre

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Panzeh posted:

It's more like WCW and nWo

A good post.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

The Dead Kennedys are anarchists more than libertarians no? And the Ramones were apolitical. Johnny Ramone was conservative and Joey Ramone was liberal.

The first thing "conservative punk" brings to mind is "Christian rock" and that, well, nope

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Punk was pretty libertarian or anarchist imo, but libertarians as they exist today werent around then so its wasnt really conservative. In fact thats kinda laughable when you think about it because lol if you thought they were pro any of the poo poo conservatives were up to during the cold war. Not one of those fuckers was pro reagan till reagan was dead and thats basically because half of punk rock is just being a contrarian idiot with flash.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
where do the 4-skins fall on the conservative punk scale

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Broshevik posted:

where do the 4-skins fall on the conservative punk scale

Between the waist and knees.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It would be nice if people would just say "hey this is wrong" instead of acting like it's okay when their team does it

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/Glariok/status/883042850065264641

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

new phone who dis posted:

Between the waist and knees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4-gLlF0uw

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The doxx wars will not be kind to anyone without at least 8 online identities.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DrPlump posted:

Oh god. I can see them. All my poor tulpas. Dragged out into broad daylight and flayed alive for all to see because I had an opinion on brown people.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

DrPlump posted:

The trick is just to be such an uninteresting loser that once they figure out your identity, it's worthless.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

new phone who dis posted:

The trick is just to be such an uninteresting loser that once they figure out your identity, it's worthless.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

DrPlump posted:

I'm lowtax

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
poo poo!! Meant to post that on my Lowtax account

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
CNN: WE ARE GOING TO TELL YOUR CAT AND GRANDMOTHER THAT YOU POSTED friend of the family ON THE REDDIT!

Weeb: My waifu loves me for who I am.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Like when they found that lady running for office in Maine played WoW

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
How long until mods start ratting out our trolls to CNN instead of permabans (please do so mods)?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

like a cigarette should posted:

Like when they found that lady running for office in Maine played WoW

:yikes:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That's some real sick filth

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

T.S. Smelliot posted:

That's some real sick filth

Its gonna be really weird as more and more politicians come up with internet histories and opponents start using that more and more often for attack ads.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

Its gonna be really weird as more and more politicians come up with internet histories and opponents start using that more and more often for attack ads.

Zuckerberg wins this game.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gammatron 64 posted:

It would be nice if people would just say "hey this is wrong" instead of acting like it's okay when their team does it

"their team" i don't think anyone is on cnn's team

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Panzeh posted:

As think as time goes on we're gonna reach a saturation point where basically every person on Earth has a history that be dredged up to smear them and people won't give a gently caress anymore. Like we will reach a point where you will be the one people are annoyed with if you bring up someone's past unless it was both relevant and very recent.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Panzeh posted:

We are going to hit a threshold where people just don't give a gently caress.

There was a decent article about the recent election in Britain (that included Trump) that basically that reasons the worst thing to be politically in this day and age is a hypocrite

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n14/william-davies/reasons-for-corbyn

quote:

One of the striking results of this new media ecology is that traditional smears no longer seem to work as effectively as they did. Both Hillary Clinton in 2016 and Theresa May in 2017 sought to do down their opponents by drawing attention to their past behaviour. A tape of Trump bragging about grabbing women ‘by the pussy’ was leaked, presumably on the assumption that it would finish off his campaign once and for all. Corbyn was hammered over and over again for his past sympathies with the IRA, with the effect that Labour’s manifesto (and its vulnerabilities on Brexit) went relatively untouched.

The strategy failed because in this new environment, there is something worse than to err, and that is to be two-faced. Trump’s behaviour was shocking but scarcely out of character. Aggression and an overturning of ‘political correctness’ were what fuelled his campaign in the first place. As for Corbyn, his entire political career has been spent challenging Western imperialism and military rule. These smears didn’t tell the public much that they hadn’t already sensed – and could find out by Googling – about the candidates’ characters and priorities. By contrast, ‘liberal elites’ are vulnerable to the charge that their public and private lives don’t match up: they preach public service and altruism, while having two kitchens (Ed Miliband), making $675,000 from speeches to Goldman Sachs (Clinton) or not knowing exactly how many properties they own (David Cameron).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

COMRADES posted:

There's also white power punk bands, that doesn't mean that the majority were conservative shitheads like whatsisface is claiming. Yeah, Jack Grisham was a huge selfish rear end in a top hat when he was younger, that doesn't mean TSOL was goose stepping to republican dogma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETKuoHlYuHM

• Locked thread