Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I AM BRAWW posted:

Both being under Rosenberg and being alternative rap with very busy tracks, I'd love to hear a Spark Master Tape x Danny Brown track.

That would be a nice pairing. I think it'd actually work better with a full album though-one of the aggravating things with SMT is the half-beats that show up on the albums that sound amazing, but aren't given time/cut off too soon. Danny's got a flow that I think would really compliment stuff like that.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

you guys dont know who i am or what i listen to dont put me in a box because i call you out for echo chambering AOTY AOTY AOTY 3 hours after ever album release especially one this busy

I don't see why it matters how "busy" an album is. Just because you can't handle it doesn't mean other people are the same way. I'd wager that the abrasiveness and the fact that it doesn't really sound like anything else in rap is something a lot of people like, rather than are pushed away from.

HorseRenoir posted:

lol this album has only been out for a few hours and people are already talking about it "changing the game" and "revolutionizing the way people make hip-hop forever". it's a good album but calm the gently caress down

It's cool people are excited about music, maybe chill out a bit? Like I can def see this album ending up like Cold Vein or something-where it didn't "change the game" or w/e but was still such a great album and so different from everything else it endures. It won't end up changing much because nobody's gonna be able to really copy the style that I can think of.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

do you know what, this album sounds like what the new Avalanches album should have sounded like
Yeah I definitely was thinking that this was probably how those crappy rear end avalanches tracks were supposed to turn out.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Danny used to switch his flows up a lot "back in the day" but around the time Old came out he just started doing his yapping dog Bababababa-dadaba. Bab-ba-ba-ba-dababa thing in every song that could be remotely considered upbeat. Is he still doing that for the entire album or is he changing things around again

e; I still love the hybrid the most and Danny's best verse of the last couple years was on an ICP song so sorry for my pessimism

He's switching it up a bit more, although i think you're a bit harsh on his "upbeat" style. And Danny pretty much quit doing features/rapping 3 years ago so having his best verse in that time be on an ICP song isn't as damning as it would seem. That said I also think the hybrid's my fav Danny Brown album (although XXX is close).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

lmao @ people who claim to like jarring messy busy music and also hated on TLOP and yeezus when it came out. Danny brown wishes he could have half as interesting production as Kanye.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

alansmithee posted:

He's switching it up a bit more, although i think you're a bit harsh on his "upbeat" style. And Danny pretty much quit doing features/rapping 3 years ago so having his best verse in that time be on an ICP song isn't as damning as it would seem. That said I also think the hybrid's my fav Danny Brown album (although XXX is close).

I don't even dislike the style I was talking about, it was just that after listening to Danny be really creative and adventurous for half of a decade or so (Hot Soup and forward) it was strange hearing him settle into a certain groove and choosing a lot of beats to fit it. I suppose that was when he was starting to get strung out on all of the drugs though so I guess it makes sense

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

power botton posted:

lmao @ people who claim to like jarring messy busy music and also hated on TLOP and yeezus when it came out. Danny brown wishes he could have half as interesting production as Kanye.

Lol

I said I like jarring poo poo and I love yeezus and tlop (yeezus top 3 Ye albums for sure)

New Danny Brown is so good. Also I'm a huge Danny brown fan, but I'll agree that Kanye typically has better production. Both are good just different.

I like when rappers have weird voices and flows that's my poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A year with Jeffery, TLOP and Atrocity Exhibition :dukedoge:

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Danny used to switch his flows up a lot "back in the day" but around the time Old came out he just started doing his yapping dog Bababababa-dadaba. Bab-ba-ba-ba-dababa thing in every song that could be remotely considered upbeat. Is he still doing that for the entire album or is he changing things around again

e; I still love the hybrid the most and Danny's best verse of the last couple years was on an ICP song so sorry for my pessimism

Yeah this is a good perspective. Listening to the Hybrid it's interesting to hear how much range the guy had. I guess he figures that he has worked out the formula, but it would be great to hear him to explore the possibilities of his voice.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Those are my top 3 so far. I also still listen to Blonde a lot, it's good fall weather music

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I'm getting furious because people are saying that the extremely good danny brown album is extremely good... don't they know that kanye west is extremely good??

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

power botton posted:

lmao those albums are poo poo

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Polo-Rican posted:

I'm getting furious because people are saying that the extremely good danny brown album is extremely good... don't they know that kanye west is extremely good??

Lol

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I'm just goddamn furious we have a bunch of good music and the privileged lives that let us leisurely discuss it. gently caress!

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

ilu rap thread

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Polo-Rican posted:

I posted similar sentiments earlier in the page please read the thread before posting.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Only a few songs in but Atrocity Exhibition is sounding incredible.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
If AE is gonna be called goat rap production after one day I think it's fair to point out better produced albums, some of which Kanye West has made.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Is your name a ref to Bobby Digital?

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

fwiw i think new danny brown is really good and yeezus is loving terrible so go ahead and throw me in the venn diagram

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Insanely Sikh posted:

Is your name a ref to Bobby Digital?

It is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M61UkZF91gU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fwiw i think new danny brown is really good and yeezus is loving terrible so go ahead and throw me in the venn diagram

Did you listen to MC4 yet

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
From the Ground makes me want an FKA Twigs collaboration.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
danny brown shouted out maxo kream as a rapper being slept on and I just wanted to thank this thread for introducing him to me, his mixtape is fire

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
RIP the weeknd's hair

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

RIP the weeknd's hair

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US 2016

He just went back to his House of Balloons era hair. This Album's about to be fire.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
idk about production of the year or album of the year, but AE sounds fresh & unlike other stuff to my ears and that's enough to keep me listening a while

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dexo posted:

He just went back to his House of Balloons era hair. This Album's about to be fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34Na4j8AVgA

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
AE has screeching of the year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Subtle

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

The REAL Goobusters posted:

danny brown shouted out maxo kream as a rapper being slept on and I just wanted to thank this thread for introducing him to me, his mixtape is fire

I finally got around to grabbing his first two mixtapes and he's just quality through and through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl-97OuwzY8

novamute fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 28, 2016

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.8560491a-8595-11e6-96d3-fd98751de177

Juicy J ft. Kanye West - Ballin

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Hell For It is amazing. God drat.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

emdash posted:

idk about production of the year or album of the year, but AE sounds fresh & unlike other stuff to my ears and that's enough to keep me listening a while

It's so far from pop trap people's brains are rejecting it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Production on AE is great but I'm not really impressed with anything he does with it

xxx might be my favorite album ever and I'm not sure I'll listen to this more than a few months

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also the problem with the screech is that he abandons the pacing and inflection that really set him apart

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Best thing on AE is the snare drum going loving wild waaaaay in the left channel on Golddust

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
Not liking Yeezus is a horrible opinion to reveal. You shouldn't say that on a public forum or really to anyone except maybe the priest when you go to confession, maybe not even then

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

an skeleton posted:

Not liking Yeezus is a horrible opinion to reveal. You shouldn't say that on a public forum or really to anyone except maybe the priest when you go to confession, maybe not even then

I can't remember a drat thing from that album except Blood on the Leaves.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

gohmak posted:

I can't remember a drat thing from that album except Blood on the Leaves.

go listen again ya DOOF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
jk man you're not a doof but its a great album