Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Do you wanna read the saga of a goon getting drunk and indiscriminately firing a gun at random things in or near the household while adamantly insisting everybody ELSE is the irresponsible rear end in a top hat, especially the mod that stuffed spicy Orangutang pinecones up the OP's virgin rear end?

I bet you do!

curiousgeorge posted:

Oh, and I'm sure you are the imaculate loving conception, huh?

Get hosed. And I already know I'm banned for this post, but #1, I didn't hurt anybody with my dumbfuck retarded rear end in a top hat anticks.

#2. I'm not the first person to ever make a mistake in the history of human kind.

#3, Yeah, so what, I shot two shells off into the air and you don't even know where the gently caress I am. I could be in New York City or bumb gently caress alabama. So don't talk poo poo.
I know I hosed up, but It'ts not like there was any harm done except to my psyche.

No body move, nobody get's hurt. No harm no fowl. Ka Ka bitch. Yeah, I'm the first muthafucka that ever made a mistake in life ever. So may I burn in hell with spicy Orangutang pinecones stuffed up my virgin rear end.

P.S. Ban me and lick fuckin balls.

P.P.S. Hilltop bitch, What!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

As you wish.

P.S. We be hard.

P.P.S. Hidden Valley Ranch. For reals yo.

P.P.P.S Your mother is a whore and probably wishes she would've taken a hanger to her herped cooter while she had the chance. Now she cries nightly, not because of the throngs of dongs that invade her gaping nethermaw, but because you, her biggest failure has somehow survived to this point. Toodles and get the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have this idea that most of us are weird, yes, but basically cool and nice, and then come these reports from the depths of subforums I could not even begin to give a poo poo about and then I remember why the local news has our URL on autocomplete

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pastry of the Year posted:

I have this idea that most of us are weird, yes, but basically cool and nice, and then come these reports from the depths of subforums I could not even begin to give a poo poo about and then I remember why the local news has our URL on autocomplete

Because it's the the place to learn fun words like "herped"?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I present this brief but delightful SA Mart thread (plus free bump for OP)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894373

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That sweet summer child.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Goon since 2007. How can they be so innocent?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EorayMel posted:

Do you wanna read the saga of a goon getting drunk and indiscriminately firing a gun at random things in or near the household while adamantly insisting everybody ELSE is the irresponsible rear end in a top hat, especially the mod that stuffed spicy Orangutang pinecones up the OP's virgin rear end?

I bet you do!

But for ARFCOM, it was Tuesday.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Someone get me some titles cause damned if that god war and magic bear doesn't sound bugfuck insane enough to be amazing.
These are all Forgotten Realms books.

God War is the Avatar trilogy: Shadowdale, Tantras, Waterdeep. There are two later additions, Prince of Lies and Crucible, if you want to keep reading about Cyric and Kelemvor.

Bear God is the 4e Elminster trilogy: Elminster Must Die, Bury Elminster Deep, Elminster Enraged.

I have no idea how any of this is going to read to someone new who doesn’t know anything about the Forgotten Realms. Crazy, yes, readable, I’m not sure. The Avatar trilogy is also the background for the popular Baldur’s Gate series of computer RPGs, I should note.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

It's so perfect.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Arivia posted:

These are all Forgotten Realms books.

Ok so Forgotten Realms > Dragonlance obviously, but have there ever been any crossovers?

there was nothing good about dragonlance except the little elf-hobbits that people end up wanting to kill

also it sucks that MZB was a kid fiddler thats hosed up, but I liked her Darkover series so death of the author and all

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Elminster In Hell is kinda entertaining

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Syd Midnight posted:

Ok so Forgotten Realms > Dragonlance obviously, but have there ever been any crossovers?

there was nothing good about dragonlance except the little elf-hobbits that people end up wanting to kill

I like Dragonlance better, to be honest. Part of it is how tired I am of how all-in WotC is on Forgotten Realms.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
There’s little crossovers here and there but nothing super major. Back in the day when all of these settings were getting real attention TSR didn’t do crossovers much. Instead they had these three big overarching settings that were the connecting glue for the rest of D&D, and they sold those settings as allowing you to travel from one campaign world to another.

Those settings were Spelljammer (magic space flight between planets), Planescape (traveling between alternate dimensions), and Ravenloft (an evil prison horror dimension that everyone super evil from elsewhere in the universe was summoned to.) Each of those has its own books that include content from the other settings. So there’s a Planescape book about the gods and where they live, and it includes the Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance gods, but it’s a Planescape book, not a crossover for those two settings.

The only exception I can think of is a popular magazine column by Ed Greenwood called the Wizards Three where Elminster and a wizard from Dragonlance and a wizard from Greyhawk meet and swap stories.

Also if you like Dragonlance there’s a let’s read of the Dragonlance books starting up in Trad Games.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Arivia posted:

Dragonlance

Raistlin was kind of a dick. I remember being shocked when I, a dumb teen nerd, read the section where there is time travel or something and the world is all hosed up because he won, and killed one of the gods of magic, and Caramon realises what has happened when he sees the hourglass sigil in the sky.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Guess thread

animist posted:

in my first round as science, i did a social experiment: if you leave a bunch of syringes labeled METH in a hallway, will people inject themselves? the answer: yes

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nailed it. There’s only one thing that produces stories like that.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Yo, flashstickjustice killed themselves so could we maybe not turn that into a 'haha goons amirite?' quote joke?

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
lol goon death

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ariong posted:

Nailed it. There’s only one thing that produces stories like that.

How is this an actual game?

SugarAddict posted:

If I remember correctly, Holy water heals brain damage on touch, and you can extract that from onions. Might be a better alternative than mannitol in some situations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How is this an actual game?

Space Station 13 is a game that is literally built on spite. It's a decade-long amalgamation of various people liking the game, hating what the previous people who worked on it did, and building new features on top of it while fixing the predecessor's.

Repeat, branch, merge, stare into abyss that is the source code and scream, repeat.

It started off as a basic atmospheric simulator.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did ruddha get banned or lose interest? I remember he used to seemingly get quoted in this thread super regularly, not now so much

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
How could anyone lose interest in THIS

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Space Station 13 is a game that is literally built on spite. It's a decade-long amalgamation of various people liking the game, hating what the previous people who worked on it did, and building new features on top of it while fixing the predecessor's.

Repeat, branch, merge, stare into abyss that is the source code and scream, repeat.

It started off as a basic atmospheric simulator.

Now it's pretty much a funny story generator. The elevator speech I give people about it is that it's a 2d spaceman game where you can beat a man to the ground with his own severed rear end, then finish him off by injecting a mixture of his own vomit and the vomit of others into his eyeballs. Sometimes, there are clowns.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just remember that the stories you read here are 1000 times more entertaining than actually playing the game, where you have to infer what's going on from a scrolling chat log and some 2d sprites straight out of 1995

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I dunno man, it just seems very monkey cheese lol random bullshit in a package that's a slight upgrade from from dwarf fortress.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You're not wrong, it takes a bit of imagination and artistic license, plus about ten rounds of nothing much exciting happening to you (Or just being a short and bloody part of other people's excitement), to get a story where you dance around a vampire in a darkened hall as he tries to dominate you with vampiric powers and drain your blood, until you manage to splash him in the face with a beaker of sarin and get away while he starts convulsing. And that's ignoring the various other actors in this saga, like the botanist mailing explosive tomatoes to engineering, which is why the hallway was dark, or the chef being the one to make the sarin before he stood to close to the machine while it was cooking, or the staff assistant who spent the entire round playing the saxophone in a bathtub full of instant soup and had nothing to do with anything.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TheMaskedUgly posted:

lol goon death

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TheMaskedUgly posted:

lol goon death

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All goons die. But only like three of them have ever truly lived. (They're dead now too)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

All goons die. But only like three of them have ever truly lived. (They're dead now too)

Except for me, I will live forever.

I'm gonna be the last one on these forums

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

TontoCorazon posted:

Except for me, I will live forever.

I'm gonna be the last one on these forums

Cyborg Lowtax is not amused.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Goon death, the best death.

Too goony to live, too stupid to die

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Not a fan of death per se but I gotta say I'm a big fan of accurate predictions.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

caro lives

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

against all reason

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Dameius posted:

Cyborg Lowtax is not amused.

If that means I get to be something awful's B.J. Blazkowicz I will take you down mecha lowtax

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Wasn't there something a bunch of years back where Lowtax said our user license agreements say we all go into some tomb and our souls belong to Lowtax to power his immortality or some poo poo, or was i taking more drugs than i actually remember?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Wasn't there something a bunch of years back where Lowtax said our user license agreements say we all go into some tomb and our souls belong to Lowtax to power his immortality or some poo poo, or was i taking more drugs than i actually remember?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Yeah well joke’s on him, Aphrodite isn’t even my real name.