Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

ManlyGrunting posted:

Man, all this talk about terrorism sure is making it easy to sidestep the conversation away from lingering homophobia and woefully deficient checks and balances on legal gun ownership huh.

Please stop politicizing this tragedy and help me implement this muslim surveillance law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

loquacius posted:

So is Branco just completely unaware that Mateen was born in NYC and is not a foreign invader of any type whatsoever, and that More Gun Control would therefore have stopped him from doing anything (esp since he had already been investigated by the FBI and was on watchlists etc) or is this just an especially impressive display of willful density

Um, excuse me, was Mateen white? I think you'll find that nooo, he wasn't. Ergo immigrant, ergo terrorist.

Actually, as he was only first generation American, the line is that he was an anchor baby.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Here's a terrible idea for a tribute that certainly never occurred to me

:eyepop:

This deserves credit for sheer tone-deafness and incongruity. It's a form of absurdist humor built on a tragedy. Impressive level of callousness at work, here, bravo.

I'm the white outlines on the black stars because the cartoonist either doesn't know how to use the fill tool, or used MS Paint to make this.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

prefect posted:

:wotwot:

Bill Day is cartooning again? Or is this a reprint?

you're talking as if there's a well-defined line between "Bill Day cartoon" and "reprint"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

'50' only works if he's mourning Mateen too.

don't be stupid, it was widely reported as 50 up until sometime overnight

he's a poo poo but don't like, make up stuff

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I posted the tom tomorrow comic, and had someone go "remember Boston? They'll just kill people with pressure cooker bombs!"

It's like yea, fucker. You know how many people died in Boston?

Three. gently caress off.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

I posted the tom tomorrow comic, and had someone go "remember Boston? They'll just kill people with pressure cooker bombs!"

It's like yea, fucker. You know how many people died in Boston?

Three. gently caress off.

You could also hit 'em with

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I love that comic so much

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You can't buy a bomb.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Without getting into I/P chat and speaking from a purely numbers perspective: Israel has really strong gun control, and as a result, the recent violent streak (violence from non state actors that is) has been mostly stabbings, with relatively few killed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Blood splatters and bullet holes are the same brush :toot:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If we could have just one national tragedy that didn't result in a shitload of trite and tone-deaf memorial cartoons that would be swell.

Also, you know that we queers don't actually bleed rainbow blood, right?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I know this isn't the stupid things from family and friends thread, but the response was:

quote:

"I guess when you finally realize you can't apologize for radical Islam AND be pro gay (or pro women), the only thing left you can grasp at is guns. Because we all know terrorists without legal guns would be finished.

Makes me want to punch people.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

These are people who would fight WWII by declaring war on Europe because they see no difference.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ambitious Spider posted:

I know this isn't the stupid things from family and friends thread, but the response was:

Say you'd never dream of apologizing for Radical Islam and post this gif:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Needs love. :h:

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

prefect posted:

The Russian guy has a white-and-light-blue handkerchief in his left pants pocket; anybody remember what that means?

He's a Crip?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Was one of the victims a leprechaun?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Holy gently caress, no one knows how to make a tasteful "Lots of gay people died" cartoon.

I'm willing to grant that perhaps there is no such thing. But holy gently caress these are worse than usual.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MariusLecter posted:

Was one of the victims a leprechaun?

RIP Lucky, they finally got his fukkin charms

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

While that Summers thing is still the runaway leader for worst cartoon about Orlando, this is the worst thing to come from a cartoonist of actual talent. Also, it's really bad. What-the-gently caress bad.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

WampaLord posted:

Holy gently caress, no one knows how to make a tasteful "Lots of gay people died" cartoon.

Draw an LGBTQ flag at half mast.

Give me my pulitzers, committee.

e: Oh wait, Pope already did that. Pope and nobody else, it seems. Maybe it's just US cartoonists who are garbage.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ambitious Spider posted:

accuse them of being soft on crime

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

what the gently caress is this garbage

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

alnilam posted:

Without getting into I/P chat and speaking from a purely numbers perspective: Israel has really strong gun control, and as a result, the recent violent streak (violence from non state actors that is) has been mostly stabbings, with relatively few killed.

Israel also has Trumpian policies wrt. Muslims.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Keith Knight is an anti-vaxxer also, he sucks

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

majormonotone posted:

what the gently caress is this garbage

i'm glad people support us but yeah, maybe they should stop trying to express it in comic form cause goddamn is that a stupid cartoon

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

mandatory lesbian posted:

i'm glad people support us but yeah, maybe they should stop trying to express it in comic form cause goddamn is that a stupid cartoon

What if there was a cartoon of Jacket from Hotline Miami shedding a tear at the Pulse club?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

WampaLord posted:

I'm willing to grant that perhaps there is no such thing. But holy gently caress these are worse than usual.

Even Telnaes can't do it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Selachian posted:

Even Telnaes can't do it.

Oooooo, the Good Guy at the scene wasn't gay. That's why he couldn't stop him.

drat.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Draw an LGBTQ flag at half mast.

Give me my pulitzers, committee.

e: Oh wait, Pope already did that. Pope and nobody else, it seems. Maybe it's just US cartoonists who are garbage.

That was Cagle. Pope drew the rainbow flag being used as a sheet to cover up a dead body.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Here's one from Paul Berge, who actually is gay.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That is pretty much the amount of effort I expected gary mccoy to put into a cartoon about slaughtering gay people.

Ten years ago he'd have said they had it coming

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

What if there was a cartoon of Jacket from Hotline Miami shedding a tear at the Pulse club?

is that character gay i've never played that

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

His sexuality isn't a huge part of the story except that at one point he has a girlfriend.
I did not get that post either.

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.

Skeesix posted:

The Gay Abortions new lead contender for both the Laziest category and the Tragedy category.

Terrorism is a stain on LGBT+, an easily misinterpreted cartoon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

His sexuality isn't a huge part of the story except that at one point he has a girlfriend.
I did not get that post either.

Miami, Florida, Orlando

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jacket spends most of that game wandering into clubs in Florida and murdering everyone there. It'd be kind of like this 9/11 comic panel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I never get tired of this.

• Locked thread