Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Frijolero posted:

Someone compare Bernie to Gandalf so the bad dems can come in here and cry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

hillary is clearly tyrion

fuckin duh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jill Stein as Radagast works pretty well

lol of course someone did it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

no, hillary is danayrs because daenrys (i have no idea how to spell it and am not going to check) is the good and pure one

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i got bored of game of thrones halfway through season 3 (or 2, i dont remember)

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary is Hot Pie

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

no, hillary is danayrs because daenrys (i have no idea how to spell it and am not going to check) is the good and pure one

Daenerys is the one who lights people on fire and the audience cheers
Cersei is the one who lights people on fire and the audience boos
Jon is the one who hits people with swords and then pouts about it but the audience cheers anyway

Those are the only kings left. Robert (fat old drunk), Joffrey (crazy boyking), Tommen (dumb boyking), Robb (pretty soap opera man), Renly (gay party king), Stannis (bitter turn-waiter), and Balon (Sir Not Appearing In This Series) are all dead

Anyway probably whoever wrote that blurb found themselves going "YAAAS KWEEN" after someone got lit on fire and then realized, in a moment of inspiration, when else they had said this same thing

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

When I first started seeing 🍩 in ppls Twitter, I thought that :bagl: had escaped the forums and was worried

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

navyjack posted:

When I first started seeing 🍩 in ppls Twitter, I thought that :bagl: had escaped the forums and was worried

We already know what terrible things can happen when the real world discovers one of our memes.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Frijolero posted:

Someone compare Bernie to Gandalf so the bad dems can come in here and cry about it.

Bernie the white-haired will return at the turn of the tide :bernget:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why exactly is danerys supposed to be the good one and cersei is the bad one. do they ever get into how she would be better for the people or would beat the snow zombies better or is it just assumed that the viewer is on daenerys's side

my favorite character was peter dinklage

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MizPiz posted:

We already know what terrible things can happen when the real world discovers one of our memes.

If Hilltwitter found out about :bagl: I'm sure we'd be hearing in short order about how slaveowners would often use bagels to rape slaves or something

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

which game of thrones character is jeb!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

why exactly is danerys supposed to be the good one and cersei is the bad one. do they ever get into how she would be better for the people or would beat the snow zombies better or is it just assumed that the viewer is on daenerys's side

Dany freed slaves (so lol not Hillary)

Cersei got mad that a balding old man was more popular than her so she blew him up (Hillary)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

Cersei is pretty objectively evil and p much everyone knows it, but as for why Dany is good it's mostly the third one. It's more complex in the books, but, y'know, of course it is

quote:

He works for Dany now

Shear Modulus posted:

which game of thrones character is jeb!

Renly

Renly makes a claim for the throne because he has family connections and he thinks it'd be fun, and a lot of people invest a lot of time and money into him, but then he hangs around partying instead of actually fighting a war, and then he gets ganked by Stannis's magic shadow baby before he can accomplish anything

It's not a perfect analogy since Stannis is Hillary (Trump is Joffrey) but Renly fits Jeb the best

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

loquacius posted:

If Hilltwitter found out about :bagl: I'm sure we'd be hearing in short order about how slaveowners would often use bagels to rape slaves or something

It obviously going to be something about anti-semitism. They're going to find an Eastern European village where a group of villagers mocked some starving Jewish families by waving bagels at them and claim that's where :bagl: came from.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

well, ya kno, they are all gonna die now anyway, so moot point

shut up

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'd have said Mace Tyrell from the books (self-important incompetent buffoon whose mother is loving terrifying) but I haven't watched the show in years and have no idea what they've done with that character.

No I am not looking up the lyrics to The Rains Of Castamere.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Frijolero posted:

I would but then I'd call have to call Hillary the Balrog and Bernie campaigning with her was his disappearance.

Does that mean we have Bernie the White now? :shrug: Well Bad Dems seem to think so.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frijolero posted:

Dany freed slaves (so lol not Hillary)

Cersei got mad that a balding old man was more popular than her so she blew him up (Hillary)

The High Sparrow fits Bernie pretty well because he spends all his time antagonizing rich assholes because they're rich assholes and is ultimately killed by the #2 best match for Hillary (behind Stannis)

but I still say the best Bernie analogue is Robb. Never wanted to be a king-contender but ended up being one anyway because the North had no one else to represent them. Did much better than he had any right to, did some real damage to the Money Power, but then was ultimately removed from the contest via intrigue

In this analogy thinkpieces about bros represent murder weddings

MizPiz posted:

It obviously going to be something about anti-semitism. They're going to find an Eastern European village where a group of villagers mocked some starving Jewish families by waving bagels at them and claim that's where :bagl: came from.

It's kind of hard to successfully paint a bunch of people who backed a Jew to be the Presidential nominee of a political party for the first time in history as anti-Semites

so of course that's exactly what they'd do yeah

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

I'd have said Mace Tyrell from the books (self-important incompetent buffoon whose mother is loving terrifying) but I haven't watched the show in years and have no idea what they've done with that character.

exploded by Cersei

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Theon is the only feminist because he's routinely challenging Iron Island notions of masculinity.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

did the exiled knight guy ever act on anything or get over it or is he still all creepy and scary nice guy over her

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Glen Ford is pissed at Barbara Lee and black Democrats

https://www.blackagendareport.com/indecency-black-misleadership-class

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

did the exiled knight guy ever act on anything or get over it or is he still all creepy and scary nice guy over her

He got exiled AGAIN and hung out with Tyrion for a while and then got leprosy and then got cured and is generally pointless

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

He invented toilet paper and is living large

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

ThndrShk2k posted:

🐍Hissssssssssssss🐍

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
e: oops wrong thing

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the black caucus has been wholly subsumed into the centrist democrat establishment.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

Iran needs some nukes right about now

I unironically support this.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

hillary i think is most like the dread sorceror Skullthorn, who stalks the deathlands of Angfoz and terrorizes the local villages with his dark void magicks and hordes of shadow-ogres

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

He got exiled AGAIN and hung out with Tyrion for a while and then got leprosy and then got cured and is generally pointless

The best part is how Gendry is still rowing his boat out into the ocean.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm pretty disappointed at Lee's vote

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Frijolero posted:

Hillary is clearly Walder Frey

in that she's going to eat a horrible spinach-Chelsea pie?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Once again, Bernie is the only good person in Congress.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

hillary i think is most like the dread sorceror Skullthorn, who stalks the deathlands of Angfoz and terrorizes the local villages with his dark void magicks and hordes of shadow-ogres

this is the least dorky post on this page

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shear Modulus posted:

dragons are apparently the ice zombies hard counter and guess who has the last three

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I replied to a jen kirkman tweet and 15 seconds later she deleted it :cheerdoge:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

omg

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/895836183854538752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

It's about time they redid their website layout.

• Locked thread