Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Centaurworld Season 2 trailer is out

Releases December 7th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

I am hyped!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Can't wait for the full Becky Apples song what a gorgeous fancy schmuck :argh:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Trebuchet King posted:

honestly i think part of what i like about miraculous is the classic schlockiness. when it's corny and over the top just the right amount it's like the nostalgia glands in my brain kick into overdrive. there was a stretch where the production values seemed to have taken a dive and the teen drama is tiresome, but the mime episode was excellent and i will never not defend it.

I do hear the shipping fans have a lot of fun with what amounts to a love square between two people to rival Silver Age Superman relationship drama.

readingatwork posted:

Is half the show still Pinky and the Brain? I like them but they went a bit overboard with them in the last season. I'm pretty sure they have more screen time than the Warners.

I thought it might be a problem that the show has cut a lot of the chaff from the segments, especially the ones that were just the one joke over and over, but hasn't really come up with anything new.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I remember way back when they released the original 2d anime style trailer for Miraculous and being a little interested to check it out, then I remember being a little disappointed when they switched to the cheap tv 3d cgi look. But the main thing I remember is looking at the "love triangle between two superhero's who just don't know each others secret identities" and saying out loud to myself "well that would be a fun and interesting dynamic for one, maybe one and a half seasons." And then preceded to ignore the show because I knew in my gut how western shows work.

And I have a little ritual, every four to six months I'll stop ignoring the show long enough to pop into a thread and ask "So do the main characters know about each other yet?" and, after all these years and four going on five seasons, the answer is still no. I've never felt better about trusting my gut. They even had episodes where they learn but get their memories erased afterwards! My personal pet peeves obviously pop up from time to time in shows, they would have to or they wouldn't reach the point of being pet peeves, but I never seen a show entirely built around and made up of the little specific things that frustrate me in animation or just media in general.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I remember way back when they released the original 2d anime style trailer for Miraculous and being a little interested to check it out, then I remember being a little disappointed when they switched to the cheap tv 3d cgi look. But the main thing I remember is looking at the "love triangle between two superhero's who just don't know each others secret identities" and saying out loud to myself "well that would be a fun and interesting dynamic for one, maybe one and a half seasons." And then preceded to ignore the show because I knew in my gut how western shows work.

And I have a little ritual, every four to six months I'll stop ignoring the show long enough to pop into a thread and ask "So do the main characters know about each other yet?" and, after all these years and four going on five seasons, the answer is still no. I've never felt better about trusting my gut. They even had episodes where they learn but get their memories erased afterwards! My personal pet peeves obviously pop up from time to time in shows, they would have to or they wouldn't reach the point of being pet peeves, but I never seen a show entirely built around and made up of the little specific things that frustrate me in animation or just media in general.

The thing is I understand why they in particular have to keep themselves secret when noone else does - the danger is if Hawkmoth gets both their miraculouses. None of the other heroes matter, only those two. ANYONE can be turned evil by Hawkmoth, it almost happens to Marinette in one episode before her teacher manages to calm her down. If they knew about each other, then if one got akumatised then they could just rob the other and the show would basically end.

The problem is that they don't use that at all for anything, it's entirely left unsaid so they can't do anything interesting with it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I do hear there's one episode that at least has fun with it where the villain realises the heroes are catching onto his identity, so he does a false flag plan to temporarily renounce his Miraculous power thingy so he can Akumatise himself, and the heroes 'rescue' him and then presumably cross him off the list of suspects. (and in case he does beat them while Akumatised, well, he wins either way)

But yeah, does sound like it's got the same thing going on with older/fully kid-oriented Western cartoons that they set up a status quo and then stick to it rigidly outside of maybe a few new characters until the show is cancelled, and maybe have a final season with a new status quo.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

like totally spies. very french

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do hear there's one episode that at least has fun with it where the villain realises the heroes are catching onto his identity, so he does a false flag plan to temporarily renounce his Miraculous power thingy so he can Akumatise himself, and the heroes 'rescue' him and then presumably cross him off the list of suspects. (and in case he does beat them while Akumatised, well, he wins either way)

But yeah, does sound like it's got the same thing going on with older/fully kid-oriented Western cartoons that they set up a status quo and then stick to it rigidly outside of maybe a few new characters until the show is cancelled, and maybe have a final season with a new status quo.

I've seen that one and it is pretty good but there's so many logic gaps that they have to make to get from point A to point B it's wild. Every now and then the show breaks format and I think those are the few that keep me going "see, this could be good" but they're few and far between.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I remember way back when they released the original 2d anime style trailer for Miraculous and being a little interested to check it out, then I remember being a little disappointed when they switched to the cheap tv 3d cgi look.

The 2D looks so much better and the kick is they use those designs/trailer as in-universe merchandise. It's like they are taunting me with a better show.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

sliami posted:

like totally spies. very french

It's basically a very French, magical girlified take on Spider-man. (Seriously, an arthropod-themed protagonist with a red and black costume and difficult personal life, romantic tension with a flirty cat-themed supporting character, a major antagonist is a wealthy and powerful man with a dangerous alter-ego and is the father of one of the protagonist's friends...)

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's basically a very French, magical girlified take on Spider-man. (Seriously, an arthropod-themed protagonist with a red and black costume and difficult personal life, romantic tension with a flirty cat-themed supporting character, a major antagonist is a wealthy and powerful man with a dangerous alter-ego and is the father of one of the protagonist's friends...)

:psyboom: I literally played through the entire Insomniac Spider-Man game and fell fully in love with the franchise as a result and despite seeing the stupid loving Miraculous trailer every time I turn on Netflix for the kids, I did not catch the Spider-Man/Black Cat parallels. What makes it even worse is that A) his name literally is Black Cat and B) the 2018 Spidey game has a whole B plot about trying to chase down the Black Cat before she does some big crazy robbery.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
With Centaurworld i'm curious what's going to become of (season 1 ending spoilers) The Minotaur that Durpleton has adopted. He's seen in one of the group shots late in the season 2 trailer, it could be fun for him to have a parallel story to Horse where he's having trouble adjusting not only to the world but to being babied by Durpleton, but this time with Horse being there to know what he's going through as contrasted to the somewhat glib responses the Herd had to HER adjustment period/transformation. It could also be fun for him to end up riding Turpleton into battle in a mirror to Horse and Rider

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1459179470602924038

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1459198275328692228?s=20

A continuation? Will it still have the jank animation?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

I may or may not have shrieked internally. My kids have watched The Proud Family through three and a half times because I watched like two episodes with them once to introduce them to a show I used to love.

Now the question is...are Kyla Pratt, Paula Jai Parker, Orlando Brown, and Tommy Davidson coming back? Because there can be no Oscar Proud but Tommy Davidson.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I didn't really watch the Proud Family as a kid, but it's interesting that Disney is bringing back more of its old shows. Maybe the company will start valuing its TV division more as something not quite as disposable.

Also reviving an old show that wasn't originally under the Disney umbrella, which is interesting, but it's probably more off the back of the comics having more recently rediscovered nostalgia for that period instead of the company more broadly considering its vast library of purchased IPs. Wonder if they'll try reformulating the original voice direction, or if it's even possible for the actors to give the same delivery after they're 20 years older.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope new Proud Family has Al Roker The Evil Genie Weatherman.

Teek posted:

Okay this needs needlessly accurate to Claremont comics character designs, hilariously stilted action, the most random loving cameos (Deadpool showed up in one episode! And this was before Deadpool became Deadpool!), and Storm being completely ridiculous.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Teek posted:

I hope the new show begins with a feature-length “PREVIOUSLY… ON X-MEN!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Actually now that I'm thinking on it I would murder someone to get the Krakoa stuff animated and voiced in the way of the '97 cartoon.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

this is the dumbest announcement in the world and I love it

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

Actually now that I'm thinking on it I would murder someone to get the Krakoa stuff animated and voiced in the way of the '97 cartoon.

Storm: "I will meet you at the monorail on Arakko!"

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I hope new Proud Family has Al Roker The Evil Genie Weatherman.

The entire Proud and Boulevardez (and adjacent) clans get teleported to 2021 as a result of some drat wish or other Penny made.

Also, Carlos Mencia as Felix Boulevardez needs to come back. Recasting that show would be a loving war crime.

FAKE EDIT: I want to see Louis Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, and Phil of the Future in 2021 too.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

D34THROW posted:

I may or may not have shrieked internally. My kids have watched The Proud Family through three and a half times because I watched like two episodes with them once to introduce them to a show I used to love.

Now the question is...are Kyla Pratt, Paula Jai Parker, Orlando Brown, and Tommy Davidson coming back? Because there can be no Oscar Proud but Tommy Davidson.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Orlando Brown probably won't be working with Disney ever again.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Watch Ciao Alberto it’s heartwarming.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I wouldn't say no to the Fox Kids Animated universe getting more stuff.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
As long as we're reviving old cartoons can we get another season of Fillmore?

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
What we really need is a Pryde of the X-Men continuation

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope the Japanese dub gets another anime OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

CRY FOR THE MOOOOOOOOON

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

There's a new Centaurworld song out that's basically a summary of the plot of the first season as Horse tries in vain to get people to join the war https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAEOWw6Yplc

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

everybody took a siesta for the last two years and came back loving swinging. I love media and programs

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The Proud Family after BLM will be wild.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope the Japanese dub gets another anime OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

CRY FOR THE MOOOOOOOOON

gently caress yeah.

RIIIIISING!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Just have Taran Killam do all the voices:

https://youtu.be/PS8i1OhOimc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

The Proud Family after BLM will be wild.

Would it be stereotyping to say post-Cosby might also be a factor?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Baymax from Big Hero 6 is apparently getting his own series:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lcYPrMk12zw

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

D34THROW posted:

I think the whole original cast is stated as coming back. Minus Orlando Brown as nothing about Sticky has been announced. (Other then that trailer showing that he exists)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think the whole original cast is stated as coming back. Minus Orlando Brown as nothing about Sticky has been announced. (Other then that trailer showing that he exists)

Well that and Cesar Romero being dead so obviously Papi needs a new VA

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drrockso20 posted:

Well that and Cesar Romero being dead so obviously Papi needs a new VA

Papi wasn't voiced by Cesar Romero, the joke is that he just looks like Cesar Romero.

Incidentally Papi's laugh was my text alert for about two months.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Funky Valentine posted:

Papi wasn't voiced by Cesar Romero, the joke is that he just looks like Cesar Romero.

Incidentally Papi's laugh was my text alert for about two months.

I could have sworn he was, seems odd to make him look like an old man version of his Joker if he's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

drrockso20 posted:

I could have sworn he was, seems odd to make him look like an old man version of his Joker if he's not

Romero died in 1994 so that helps.