Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
So tall! I love the angle.

I went to the Rocky Horror Show

I had tons of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Sweet As Sin posted:

I had tons of fun

I've always wanted to gp to a live show of that. Deutschland 86 had one as a plot point and it was amazing seeing stiff east german hva characters :stare: at it and secretly seem to like it.

And holy poo poo is that dress and getup adorable, 6

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I wore my first knee length dress to the final critiques of the semester last week, which you'd never tell from the pic because i'll die before i give up the myspace angles.
(apprently you get a super myspace angle when you're ~6'5" in heels)

And then I left a piece of moving, goon poetry on one of the tables in a drawing room.

:golfclap: Amazing.

Lookin' fantastic as well!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Sweet As Sin posted:

I had tons of fun

Those shows are a ton of fun, I went to one last year at the Raleigh Comic-Con and it was amazing. The crown was super interactive, throwing rice, making noise, quoting the actors and dancing along to the Time Walk song. We even had a good 50 audience members strip to there underwear and run through the crowd during the creation of Rocky. Also you guys look amazing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Megabound posted:

What's the process there?

2 gallons of apple cider, 1 gallon of apple juice, sugar and cinnamon to taste(I don't like it super sweet so I usually a half cup of brown sugar, a half cup of white sugar, and 6 or so cinnamon sticks.) You can toss in some cut up apples if you want but I can't tell the difference. Bring all of that to a boil, let boil for 15, 20 minutes. Take it off the heat, cover it, and let it cool down. Take out the cinnamon sticks and add a 750ml bottle of Everclear(or vodka). From there, just pour it into whatever container you want, I use glass bottles with swing top stoppers. I also like to line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth when I'm putting it in bottles so it strains out the cider sediment and any pieces of broken down cinnamon stick.

Tastes just like apple pie and packs a punch!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

And then I left a piece of moving, goon poetry on one of the tables in a drawing room.

You have really cool handwriting.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

I spent a while trying to convince Minidisc to pose on my lap but after a series of abortive attempts this was the best I could do.

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

Late because I had to catch up.

Don't wanna blow my own trumpet or anything, but I think I have the best Baphomet. Behold!

(I know I've already posted him, but c'mon, he's a good cat you guys)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Yay kitties!

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Rythe posted:

Those shows are a ton of fun, I went to one last year at the Raleigh Comic-Con and it was amazing. The crown was super interactive, throwing rice, making noise, quoting the actors and dancing along to the Time Walk song. We even had a good 50 audience members strip to there underwear and run through the crowd during the creation of Rocky. Also you guys look amazing.

It's so much fun! They asked the audience to do the time warp at the end and of course I did. I had never seen it live, I am very very happy.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Speaking of the Comic-Con this was me and my BFF.

Office holiday party was Hawaiian themed with whole roasted pig and a open bar that covered the entire 4.5 hours.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dadsthetic

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Modern fathering. Letting my sick girl get some extra screen time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Feel free to add me on Facebook as well, friends

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

oldpainless posted:

Feel free to add me on Facebook as well, friends

I would, but I am unable to find you :(

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I would, but I am unable to find you :(

https://www.facebook.com/trey.bonds

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

If y'all see me feel free to friend me. I like seeing cool new poo poo.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Scathach posted:

Same!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Scathach posted:

my poop is boring

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Sweet As Sin posted:

It's so much fun! They asked the audience to do the time warp at the end and of course I did. I had never seen it live, I am very very happy.

Next time you go to see it, go in drag.

First time my folks and I went to see it, we had already seen and loved the Rocky horror picture show, so you'd think we were prepared and knew what to expect.

Alas, we were stuck-up Germans and were not prepared at all. Upon getting there and seeing what about 30% of the audience was wearing, we were shocked and kept muttering "this is all very inappropriate" under our breath. (to be fair, Germans also do this during intercourse with their loved ones in the dark, as is customary)

We were then not prepared for the amount of - seemingly unsolicited - interaction of the audience with the performers and were shocked once more at the audacity of the common riff-raff (:haw:) to interrupt a stage performance repeatedly.

It took half the show for us to thaw and break out of our emotionless German shells and shed our cloaks of indignation. The main actor ended up sitting on my old man's lap and fluffing his hair in the last twenty minutes and he even enjoyed it (while mumbling how inappropriate this all was under his breath).

Been to see it three times live since then, and it somehow keeps getting better. Seeing stuck-up first-timers at a show slowly transition from being shocked to loudly screaming UGH upon Dr. Scott being mentioned is a treat and amazing passing-of-the-torch moment.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I took my best friend, I didn't know she hadn't even seen the movie, and her face was just amazing. Definitely going again!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

We keep wanting to go and dress up and all but we work so much it's difficult. Love Rocky Horror.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Scathach posted:

We keep wanting to go and dress up and all but we work so much it's difficult. Love Rocky Horror.

Havent been to a show in 20 years or so. Palo Alto, CA use to have a monthly showing downtown.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I went once and didn't like it. I associate it with obnoxious lack of boundaries and predation of minors, but it might have been the scene I was familiar with.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
That's totally understandable! RHPC, like Airplane!, is a product of it's time, and it's perfectly OK to not be in tune with it. If it were fresh, today, it wouldn't be anything near a cult hit; hell, the director would probably be jailed.

I liked seeing a midnight audience participation viewing, and I love the music, but it doesn't stand up to solo viewing, and I have issues with some of the content, too, even in the context of 1975.

E: VV same.

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 15:17 on Dec 17, 2018

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I saw Rocky Horror when i was a little kid and it was the first Real and Clear time that i realized how the rest of the world would see me: a cross dressing pervert sex monster only good for cheap laughs and risque, disposable entertainment. That poo poo kept me in the closet for another 2+ decades.
Probably not every trans person's viewing of it, but it did a ton of long lasting damage to me that, if im being totally honest, is still kind of rattling around in my head.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I honestly never thought about it potentially being offensive ( outside of the obvious taboos it's breaking) because the first time I saw it on TV with my family, I was still a teenager, and kept associating it with a fun family memory. But I also havent seen it in years, so I might throw another eyeball at it, I guess.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I do have a lot of issues with the content, specially now one of my closest friends came out as trans, and a lot of predatory stuff I don't like in it. I'm sorry if I brought up or caused discomfort itt.

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

I have never seen it.

It's me, I'm the uncultured goon ITT.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

You’re not missing much

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, you would know if it's your kind of movie and already have seen it

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

Oh okay, cool!

As penance for contributing to the derail, have my mug from way back when. I did a backup on some old photos from my old computer so a lot of memories came back.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As someone who often attended the local film shadowcast, Rocky Horror and its status as a midnight movie filled with debauchery, homosexuality, and cross-dressing has often been a place where LGBT individuals can congregate and be as flamboyant as possible. Richard O'Brien is unfortunately kind of a weird dude who's simultaneously a TERF and taking estrogen while viewing himself as a sort of genderfluid, so I think he's got a lot of self-loathing when it comes to gender identity.

Regardless, Rocky Horror has long been a place for LGBT people to congregate. While something from 1975 may not necessarily fit in with modern wokeness, that doesn't erase its decades of importance as a place to allow for alternative gender expression and bisexuality.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

10 Beers posted:

I made apple pie liqueur.

Your shirt is also happy about the booze!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Queen Combat posted:

That's totally understandable! RHPC, like Airplane!, is a product of it's time, and it's perfectly OK to not be in tune with it. If it were fresh, today, it wouldn't be anything near a cult hit; hell, the director would probably be jailed.

I liked seeing a midnight audience participation viewing, and I love the music, but it doesn't stand up to solo viewing, and I have issues with some of the content, too, even in the context of 1975.

E: VV same.

I would like to see RHPS with the original cast

of The Drew Carey Show

to protect me from all of the scariness

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Feeling okay today.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Inzombiac posted:

Feeling okay today.

You're freaking cute as a button is what you are.

Forgive me I'll be a mess until Jan 2019 or possibly later

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Feeling okay today.

Hoody and denim Sherpa jacket season is my favorite time of year.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Look at all the pretty people!

One more day 'til surgery, then probably not going to show my face for a while, but I will be creepin' this thread looking at all of you :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

Inzombiac posted:

Feeling okay today.

Looking better than okay I'd say!