Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hal Insandenza posted:

Thankfully that was the PS5 thread so we can still achieve some level of civil discourse here in the PS4 thread. But once it's gone...

What will happen when VG goes to close the PS4 thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dM7-58eFXI

operation: poster's honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Which thread is this again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
1 thread for primary posting, 7 threads for tangents to be spun off into, 1 extra thread for talking only about graphics

acksplode
May 17, 2004

If the two dozen posts I read each day aren't properly sorted by console I will lose my loving poo poo. Alright I said my piece. Back to posting about Switch games in the PS5 thread

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hal Insandenza posted:

Thankfully that was the PS5 thread so we can still achieve some level of civil discourse here in the PS4 thread. But once it's gone...

this rules and i'm so glad you reminded me of it. beanpole having a bit of a poo poo day, thanks for making me smile

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Once my beard gets to about an inch it starts to get unwieldy, so I'll start doing maintenance on it and then after 5 minutes I get lazy and buzz it down to a 3, repeat. for like 20 years. I'll never have the patience for long beard maintenance

sup 3 buddy. anything to avoid effort

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Hey guys how about that Breath of the Wi- AW gently caress

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Durability sucks

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Upon further reflection I feel the best idea is to combine this thread with the Switch OLED thread to create a place where the worst posters can congregate and not infect the rest of this forum.

Naturally, I'll be the OP.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
To be honest, the Switch thread right down is going absolutely nuclear because the “Switch Pro” rumors turned out to be “A Switch with the same hardware and batteries but a .8 inch wider OLED screen” and if you struck a match in that thread it would cause a copium explosion the size of the Hindenburg.

Like, dozens of goons are literally incensed because they won’t have to option to drop $400 on a new Switch in the fall… lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Like, dozens of goons are literally incensed because they won’t have to option to drop $400 on a new Switch in the fall… lol

Same except new gen consoles

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

To be honest, the Switch thread right down is going absolutely nuclear because the “Switch Pro” rumors turned out to be “A Switch with the same hardware and batteries but a .8 inch wider OLED screen” and if you struck a match in that thread it would cause a copium explosion the size of the Hindenburg.

lmao seriously?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Don't tempt people to go into the Switch thread it's a black hole of suck what's wrong with you?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kirios posted:

Don't tempt people to go into the Switch thread it's a black hole of suck what's wrong with you?!

It’s the pits, worst of the big three by lightyears

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Been saying the Switch Pro rumours were bs for years haha. Even if they were working on one at some point, which seems likely, they obv haven’t been for a while

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Nintendo wouldn't release an upgraded Switch without first releasing a minor revision that everyone regrets buying once the full upgrade is announced soon afterward, so I basically took the news as confirmation that Switch Pro is gonna be here in a year or two.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Durability sucks

Yeah same problem in Dark Souls 2 :q:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Once Hades is out on ps4 my urge to buy a switch will fade a lot

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Simone Magus posted:

Once Hades is out on ps4 my urge to buy a switch will fade a lot

Having a third ecosystem where I have to pay for each game all over again is doing that for me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/108/status/1412475969991028739

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
drat it tim

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

when he says it’s gonna take another month he means the length of the video

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The month is going to be spent uploading it to youtube

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've got one month to finish cuberpunk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"I played 110 games total for this review." -- Tim Rogers

Edit:

https://twitter.com/108/status/1412482025462845441

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Patreon post version is 6500 words haha

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It would probably take me a week of work to write a coherent publishable 6500 words...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Remind me, has he hinted what his feelings towards the game are?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's making a two month long video!?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my main memory of cyberpunk after over 100 hours of playing it was that awful side quest where the guy’s dick implant explodes and you have to drive him to a doctor. It was so stupid and out of place that it’s stuck in my head more than anything else in that game.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my main memory of cyberpunk after over 100 hours of playing it was that awful side quest where the guy’s dick implant explodes and you have to drive him to a doctor. It was so stupid and out of place that it’s stuck in my head more than anything else in that game.

It doesn't help that he's some Youtube celebrity.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Read After Burning posted:

It doesn't help that he's some Youtube celebrity.

Can you not drive him to the doctor?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You can refuse the quest IIRC

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I don't doubt it'll be a good video, but honestly I don't think Cyberpunk even ended up an interesting failure. It's just kinda... okay

Unless he's written 6500 words about the marketing or the game not actually being very cyber or punk which, I'm here for it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Remind me, has he hinted what his feelings towards the game are?

To prepare for this I watched his "pre-review" of it from last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuTXkMnooR4

He seemed generally positive on it, though this was based on E3 footage so the clash with reality should prove interesting

Simone Magus posted:

Unless he's written 6500 words about the marketing or the game not actually being very cyber or punk which, I'm here for it

I think the 6500 words refers to the Patreon post explaining the delay?

The actual review script is probably like 80,000 or some poo poo lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
There's going to be a segment where he declares it the greatest city simulation of all time using seventeen layers of irony and more soundboard effects than an SNL skit about morning radio shows then documents his mental breakdown resulting from being unable to coherently separate reality and irony

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It'll take him an hour to get to the game at all and it'll be spent on his experience reading Snowcrash in junior high

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lol the video above has about 6 minutes of discussion about his bomber jacket and how it has William Gibson's signature on it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"I played 110 games total for this review." -- Tim Rogers

Edit:

https://twitter.com/108/status/1412482025462845441

oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress

Simone Magus posted:

There's going to be a segment where he declares it the greatest city simulation of all time using seventeen layers of irony and more soundboard effects than an SNL skit about morning radio shows then documents his mental breakdown resulting from being unable to coherently separate reality and irony

oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress oh gently caress

acksplode posted:

It'll take him an hour to get to the game at all and it'll be spent on his experience reading Snowcrash in junior high

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Lol I just did that quest today