Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Enfys posted:

It is time. Implement Pizza Rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMCjuge6oE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/jonny_is_good/status/922973970982490112

I demand we create a working group to discuss the feasibility study of laying out pizza rules
No pizza rules, but maybe, perhaps... pizza best practices?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My eyes incorrectly parsed this image at first glance, and now I want to try sauerkraut on a pizza.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Why is that cheese not melted

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I'm going to go under the assumption that this is some build-your-own pizza place where you put together your pizza from like a salad bar style thing and hand it to a guy who cooks it for 5 minutes in a million degree oven and hands it back to you. And these people just... don't do that part.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

uPen posted:

I'm going to go under the assumption that this is some build-your-own pizza place where you put together your pizza from like a salad bar style thing and hand it to a guy who cooks it for 5 minutes in a million degree oven and hands it back to you. And these people just... don't do that part.

Lol, nope

http://betosoriginalpizza.com/

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

My eyes incorrectly parsed this image at first glance, and now I want to try sauerkraut on a pizza.

The little pizza place I worked at in high school had a pizza with kraut and sliced bratwurst that was actually pretty good.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Beto's unique pizza is not sold by the whole pie but by the individual cut - bubbling hot crust, cheese and sauce topped with your favorite cool ingredients.

Cooked pizza with raw toppings and extra un-melted cheese on top? But why?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
I saw the cold cheese pizza featured on the Pizza show at some point. The idea is that adding grated cold cheese on top of the slice means you won't risk burning the roof of your mouth when you devour it like a hungry college student.

Not entirely sure which episode it was, but here's the first episode of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH7vFc0bUpU

EDIT: Here we are. Timestamp for the cold cheese pizza is around 17m20s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQXYWxZCPqA

Suleman has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Nov 9, 2017

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

You cannot safely eat hot food unless it is first covered with cold food. I'm sorry, there's just no other way.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I don't even like cold pizza, which everyone I know seems to like. Cold cheese on hot pizza is just wrong.

I mean, I'll be honest- I like It when all the cheese is a bit burnt and peels off like one big dairyscab. Put some hot sauce in that poo poo and fold it like a little calzone. Not something I do in public.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

bike tory posted:

Jesus Christ

What? A little of the right kind of seasoning, they are a ball of delicious crunchiness!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I always thought raw potatoes were poisonous, but I learned in this thread that they are not. Thank you, goons!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I always thought raw potatoes were poisonous, but I learned in this thread that they are not. Thank you, goons!

The flesh and skin aren’t. The tendrils are. The infamous story about Elizabeth I has her chef throwing away the potato we use and instead just frying the tendrils.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Arivia posted:

The flesh and skin aren’t. The tendrils are. The infamous story about Elizabeth I has her chef throwing away the potato we use and instead just frying the tendrils.

Well, put lead all over your face and never have sex because your maternal figures were either murdered by your father, killed in childbirth, and/or complicit to your molestation, and you will definitely make the wrong food choices.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

They aren't necessarily poisonous, but nightshades are all a bit toxic and you can get sick from potatoes easily. You know the green colour that potatoes get if they are in the light too much? That is a sign of high solanine and chaconine levels (the green itself is chlorophyll but it won't produce chlorophyll without light which triggers solanine and chaconine to form). They are glycoalkaloid poisons common to all nightshades (peppers, tomatoes, potatoes etc). It's natural pesticide that the plants create as a defense. One reason potatoes will start turning green in sunlight is the plant trying to concentrate glycoalkaloids in exposed parts to ward off pests from eating the exposed parts.

Moderate amounts of solanine will 100% kill you in a brutal, terrible way. Small amounts will cause upset stomach and digestion problems. The flesh and skin of potatoes contains a very small amount of solanine, but not enough to cause much harm. Eating green peels or green flesh, the eyes, or sprouts that have started forming is a bad idea because they almost certainly contain much higher levels of solanine.

You can also get high levels of glycoalkaloids in a potato that doesn't look green at all though; some potato plants for whatever reason will produce a lot of solanine (possibly because the plant is under stress for some other reason). Potatoes tend to produce solanine in response to any damage as well, which is one reason to avoid eating any that look like they have been attacked by pests or were cut/scraped in harvesting.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

POMMES DE TERRUER

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

That's not a pizza, that's just an open faced sandwich.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

code:
No pizza rules

http://www.grouprecipes.com/135138/bacon-clam-corn-pizza.html

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

That's a lunchable

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

NO PIZZA RULES because I am a pizza accelerationist and believe maximum suffering must be achieved and people must come to their senses

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

That's not a pizza, that's just an open faced sandwich.

Pizzas are an open-faced sandwich. Ergo....

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

crossposting this from the schadenfreude thread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would destroy any seafood pizza you put in front of me.

I used to get a shrimp and scallop pizza in NH and it was the loving best thing.

It really doesn't need corn though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

bike tory posted:

No, it makes sense. I'm not a huge fan of baked potato but I like mash (not that much), chips etc. Every other variety I can think of has a lot more flavour/fat/salt applied and a much higher surface area:volume ratio.

Hasselback your taters. Mix up butter, olive oil, and your spice cabinet, rub that all over the taters. Toss the taters and the liquid in the oven and baste them taters periodically. Skin crisps up and you get all the fatty goodness soaked all the way to the center.

Just tossing whole taters in the oven is the easy way out.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop posted:

It really doesn't need corn though.

:wrong:

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

LordSaturn posted:

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Okay, who's dropping the :10bux::20bux: to make this a smiley, because gently caress yeah.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

LordSaturn posted:

:jags:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

quote:

Okay, who's dropping the :10bux::20bux: to make this a smiley, because gently caress yeah.
if anyone is going to, here's a version with a transparent bg

Schubalts posted:

Made the background transparent.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

I don't like this and I don't want to eat it, but I cannot condone pizza rules of any kind. There are fundamental truths upon which this thread - and indeed all of civilisation - is based. We may disagree about what is a sandwich, we may differ in our appreciation of loose corn, but the one thing we all have, that holds us all together, is the simple fact that there are NO. PIZZA. RULES. If we don't have that, what do we have?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I liked :randstare: better. :colbert:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Tiggum posted:

If we don't have that, what do we have?

Pizza rules, obviously.

No more of this pizza anarchy. We need firm leadership on these matters, not an industry rife with "disruption" and cold cheese.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Enfys posted:

Pizza rules, obviously.

It sure does!

https://youtu.be/di-jX43hmGA

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:randstare:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randstare:

lol holy poo poo

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Schubalts posted:

Hasselback your taters. Mix up butter, olive oil, and your spice cabinet, rub that all over the taters. Toss the taters and the liquid in the oven and baste them taters periodically. Skin crisps up and you get all the fatty goodness soaked all the way to the center.

Just tossing whole taters in the oven is the easy way out.

Hasselbackspotatoes is when you slice them almost all the way through in very thin slices, bake them in the oven and baste with butter.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/jonny_is_good/status/922973970982490112

I demand we create a working group to discuss the feasibility study of laying out pizza rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJKAQggSs9Q

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

axolotl farmer posted:

Hasselbackspotatoes is when you slice them almost all the way through in very thin slices, bake them in the oven and baste with butter.

Hassel back potato, slice it almost through thin slice, baske in oven baske butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm gonna go against the grain and say that I would totally down that slice. Not as an every meal kind of thing or even every pizza I eat, but I actually like room temp mozzarella, I put it down as its own individual thing apart from just melting it. Ditto the pepperoni.

In my world, there's room for both. And in my stomach.