Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They totally shoulda made charjabug's mandibles/prongs look different depending on what country you're playing the game on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Why does everyone trading starters on the GTS want a Zygaurde? Doesn't everyone get one of those?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Beast Ball HA Mareanie get. Now I have to get the right nature on it and poop out some babies, but then I'll be free to give people some in like five hours. Quote me with FC if you want one!

4897 - 7314 - 5821 IGN is Jesus

If you still got an egg, 1521-4593-3539, In game I'm Pandora. Don't got much to trade in return. Gible Egg?

e: Also I lucked out when I checked Isle Avue this morning.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 28, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Pierson posted:

Why does everyone trading starters on the GTS want a Zygaurde? Doesn't everyone get one of those?
Do you really want to collect one hundred unmarked things that are everywhere in the world at different points of the day?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Battle Royale payouts are cancer and makes me wish I was dead.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Calaveron posted:

Do you really want to collect one hundred unmarked things that are everywhere in the world at different points of the day?
Oh poo poo you mean you can take other people's Zyguardes, disassemble them and add them to your total? Okay, that makes perfect sense then because yeah I wasn't really looking forward to that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Senerio posted:

If you still got an egg, 1521-4593-3539, In game I'm Pandora. Don't got much to trade in return. Gible Egg?

I have so many eggs, they're all female to boot, and if you don't have any Beast Ball mons or a HA Sandshrew I will take literally anything in return. Even Yet Another Alolan Rattata beyond the ones I have from Wonder Trading all the spare male failures (Maleure Mareanies?) away.

I'll add you once I'm off work! Offer's still going, if anyone else wants a Mareanie in the top percentage of all possible Mareanies.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Does that mean that in January I'll be able to send over one of my many zygrades from the bank and just be done with it?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Senerio posted:

Have you upgraded your Avue? I have it at level one and left 6 abra eggs in there for a day any they didn't even get close to hatching?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It was the last thing I upgraded, but yeah it's level 3, but the Jangmo-o eggs have been cooking for about 5 days now, yeah.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I will be switching to breeding Castform eggs soon, so if anyone wants Castform or Gible eggs, give me a shout now. I can run around in circles for hours and watch a lady's hands fold and unfold as she gets shocked about egg appearances no big.

Also, can I get an egg from whoever has the beast ball Beldums? I can trade one of those two up there (though the balls are kinda crappy) or another pokemon if you want.

e:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have so many eggs, they're all female to boot, and if you don't have any Beast Ball mons or a HA Sandshrew I will take literally anything in return. Even Yet Another Alolan Rattata beyond the ones I have from Wonder Trading all the spare male failures (Maleure Mareanies?) away.

I'll add you once I'm off work! Offer's still going, if anyone else wants a Mareanie in the top percentage of all possible Mareanies.

Yeah sorry, my only Beast Ball mon is Nebby, and I don't want to trade her.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Gotta put beans on the bucket to speed it up don't you?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FishBulb posted:

Gotta put beans on the bucket to speed it up don't you?

That halves the time, yeah, but I feel that's more worth it for Isle Aplenny/Evelup/Aphun, because those are where I actually care about the results.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Does anyone happen to have any extra Abras/other Pokemon with Synronize they'd be willing to trade me later this evening after work? I lost my copy of X so I need to breed all my new babies.

Looking mostly for the Adamant/Modest/Timid/Jolly group. I just beat the main game so I have mostly trash, but I can breed you a Chikorita as a thank you

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 28, 2016

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Does anyone happen to have any extra Abras with Synronize they'd be willing to trade me later this evening after work? I lost my copy of X so I need to breed all my new babies.

Looking mostly for the Adamant/Modest/Timid/Jolly group. I just beat the main game so I have mostly trash, but I can breed you a Chikorita as a thank you

I just caught an extra modest one.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Senerio posted:

I will be switching to breeding Castform eggs soon, so if anyone wants Castform or Gible eggs, give me a shout now. I can run around in circles for hours and watch a lady's hands fold and unfold as she gets shocked about egg appearances no big.

Also, can I get an egg from whoever has the beast ball Beldums? I can trade one of those two up there (though the balls are kinda crappy) or another pokemon if you want.

e:

I might be interested in a gible, but I won't be free until at least 1800 EST.

FC 0619-7909-3613

kirtar fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 28, 2016

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ghost Pikachu was hell to catch. Broke out of everything.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So I beat Sun over the weekend and have to say this is the most fun I've had in Pokemon in a while. That being said there is some goofy game design that kinda pulled me out every now and again.

Goofy Things
-The 5% spawn rates on most of the new 'mons and then some of those being locked behind S.O.S that you won't find unless you look em up really sucked.
- Even though I loved the ones we got I was really hoping for all 18 trials to be in there, once you get to the third island I left like things went off the rails. If this is supposed to be something that everyone on the islands do should't there be more representation on each island? The 4th island just felt like the trials didn't matter compared to the first and second islands.
- Wish the guardians of the other islands were more of a presence.
-Everyone having one mon to fight me with/two trainers standing next to each other taking turns to come at me when I wish they would have just come at me all at once.
-Two 'mons that you get on the first island can't fully evolve until you get to the last two islands.

Great Things
-Literally everything else in the game, story, characters, no HM's, island design despite what I said in my spoiler post.
-Chased away the Wimpod in front of the lush jungle and couldn't get him to respawn so traded for a JPN one and bred him second one that hatched was shiny.

I know I listed a lot of bad but I contribute that to me being grumpy. I really did love this game.

Also what do I have to do to start the Looker stuff to start.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Supremezero posted:

I just caught an extra modest one.

I'll happily breed you a Chikorita for one. PM me and we'll set up a trade.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Does anyone happen to have any extra Abras/other Pokemon with Synronize they'd be willing to trade me later this evening after work? I lost my copy of X so I need to breed all my new babies.

I've got some extra Adamants, and I could use a Chikorita.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Senerio posted:

e:

I've got about 500 beast ball Beldums atm, I'll gladly take a Castform off your hands in return.

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I don't have PMs, unfortunately. Unless they allowed that for non-platinum members when I wasn't looking.

FC: 1891-1454-3807, IGN: Estelle.

I should probably get around to upgrading to platinum at some point, but eh.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The last Pokémon I played was White and before that Gold and Red but my best friend convinced me to get Moon while she got Sun. It's pretty fun so far and I've no interest in competitive battling just in collecting everything. Wild Pokémon calling for a friend would be fine if it was limited to once an encounter and they couldn't do it in the same action as an attack. I suspect this is not a very hot take. I really like having regional versions of Pokémon though and I can't wait to evolve my Ledyba to make space in my party for the Pichu I caught. Hopefully the ice Vulpix exists in Moon Version.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

Ghost Pikachu was hell to catch. Broke out of everything.

Luxury ball, yo

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

EmmyOk posted:

The last Pokémon I played was White and before that Gold and Red but my best friend convinced me to get Moon while she got Sun. It's pretty fun so far and I've no interest in competitive battling just in collecting everything. Wild Pokémon calling for a friend would be fine if it was limited to once an encounter and they couldn't do it in the same action as an attack. I suspect this is not a very hot take. I really like having regional versions of Pokémon though and I can't wait to evolve my Ledyba to make space in my party for the Pichu I caught. Hopefully the ice Vulpix exists in Moon Version.

Nope! Sorry.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

EmmyOk posted:

It doesn't, but I can breed you an egg in like 10 mins. (Name it Greg! :v:)

tyblazitar posted:

I've got about 500 beast ball Beldums atm, I'll gladly take a Castform off your hands in return.

FC 3325-3410-1572, IGN tyb

Switching to Castforms once I get the Vulpix egg.

1521-4593-3539, In game I'm Pandora

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Senerio posted:

It doesn't, but I can breed you an egg in like 10 mins. (Name it Greg! :v:)

Switching to Castforms once I get the Vulpix egg.

1521-4593-3539, In game I'm Pandora

What about Santino instead? And cool thanks so much! Also how does trading work because the last time I did it I was 11 and trading between gameboys with a cable :saddowns:

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Also what do I have to do to start the Looker stuff to start.

Remember that weird guy that gave you an item after the ending sequence? Check that out and it'll tell you where to go. It's the Route 8 motel room.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

EmmyOk posted:

What about Santino instead? And cool thanks so much! Also how does trading work because the last time I did it I was 11 and trading between gameboys with a cable :saddowns:

On the home menu there's an orange smiley face on the very top row of stuff, click it and connect to the internet to get your Friend Code, and add mine (1521-4593-3539)

Then go to the festival in your pause menu, and go online (wifi symbol in the bottom right) and find Pandora to trade with.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I wanted to get a Wonder Trade chain started this weekend, so I put a wild Magikarp in a Luxury Ball and sent him off into the internet. I hope he is seeing the world as he just gets bounced between players who didn't want a Magikarp.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Senerio posted:

On the home menu there's an orange smiley face on the very top row of stuff, click it and connect to the internet to get your Friend Code, and add mine (1521-4593-3539)

Then go to the festival in your pause menu, and go online (wifi symbol in the bottom right) and find Pandora to trade with.

You rock my man/lady! It will have to be when I go home in an hour or two if that is cool? I was planning to trade in the work bathroom but our WiFi has a sign in and my DS always throws a bitch fit trying to connect to it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Oh hello~

Any way I can bum a lady chikorita off of you?

I've got the following:
Timid/Modest HA Eevee in Ultra/Heal balls
Modest Cutiefly with Moonblast in Luxury balls
HA Timid Vulpix with Freeze-dry+Moonblast, in Dive balls
Jolly Bagon, Calm Goomy, Jolly Cubone (aka in Beast Balls)
Bold Swift Swim Feebas with Dragon Breath and Pulse in Dive ball (can come with a Prism Scale for Milotic Evolution, but I'd want one back in return)
Castform in Premier balls
Porygon in plain ol Pokeballs
I can also do Wimpod in Beast Balls (although I'm unsure of what their preferred natures are) and Modest/Timid Togepi with Nasty Plot in Luxury balls

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Supremezero posted:

I don't have PMs, unfortunately. Unless they allowed that for non-platinum members when I wasn't looking.

Actually, on this note, in the interest of making this poo poo simpler, I just caught a third modest synch Abra (gently caress off game), so does anyone have a Timid or Adamant one they want to trade for it?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

EmmyOk posted:

You rock my man/lady! It will have to be when I go home in an hour or two if that is cool? I was planning to trade in the work bathroom but our WiFi has a sign in and my DS always throws a bitch fit trying to connect to it.

Yeah not a problem. Just send me a PM when you're ready with your Friend Code and we can set up the trade.

That said, I now have a Castform egg, tyblazitar. Give a shout when you go on and I'll go online too. In Game Pandora.

Also, if any of y'all have me, my top plaza shop is a Big Dreams 4*, so if y'all want a tiny chance for a master ball, feel free to take it.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I am really enjoying taking my time in this game. I'm talking to everyone an exploring everywhere. I'm also using a bunch of cool rear end hell Pokemon. Playing dress-up is fun too. I'm also taking lots of breaks to do things like WT for an hour straight and get FC coins. I've set a few goals to achieve before Pokebank in January.

1. Finish the Pokedex
2. Have a set of Synchronize Abras, or at least the good natures, Modest, Bold, Calm, Adamant, Jolly, Timid am I missing any?
3. Get a bunch of good Dittos and figure out breeding
4. Have all the EV training items

I figure if I can do all that once Pokebank comes out and the meta starts being established I can breed and train myself a nice team!

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Senerio posted:

That said, I now have a Castform egg, tyblazitar. Give a shout when you go on and I'll go online too. In Game Pandora.

I'm online now! Did you prefer an egg instead of a hatched one?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

tyblazitar posted:

I'm online now! Did you prefer an egg instead of a hatched one?

I'd rather get an egg, because I like nicknaming them.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Supremezero posted:

Hey! I have a gift for you~ Give me your email or twitter. As soon as I see it, you can delete it if you want to keep private~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Arrgytehpirate posted:

2. Have a set of Synchronize Abras, or at least the good natures, Modest, Bold, Calm, Adamant, Jolly, Timid am I missing any?

Careful and Impish occasionally see some use, as do Brave and Quiet in some fringe cases. And Naive for those mixed attackers (The big one used to be Salamence, but nobody seems to use it anymore over Adamant Mega-mence)