Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Prism posted:

Yeah, having both God Among Men and Omnicast Fire is superb for daily dungeons. Unless I am also babysitting some low level schmuck I barely have to watch. Definitely get a couple AoE autoattacks eventually even if you only get one now. I'll get a whole list of them when I'm at home again.

I was half way through making the list so I'll save you some work.

To be clear, I'm using RM2 to refer to the RM you get randomly after using an MCII, and RM3 for MC3. Black Mage and Ninja's nice AoE options aren't in the game yet. Also skipping over the weaker physical ones.

Magical Auto-Attack (Reference: 1* Fire x1.50, 2* Snowball Flurry x2.00)
Ninja RM3: Attack -> Slightly Weaker Fire Veil (x18.00 vs. x21.00)
Black Mage RM3: x2.08, Fire
Strago RM3: x2.08, Non-elemental
Black Mage RM2, Rubicante RM2: x1.50, Fire
Emperor RM2: x1.50, Wind
CoD RM2: x1.50, Dark
Marach RM2: x1.50, Lightning
Nabaat RM3 x3.00, 4.5 second cast time, Non-elemental

Physical Auto-Attack (Reference: 3* Monk Kick = x1.30)

Spellblade RM3: 2-hit, Earth, x0.6 per hit, Spellblade school
Samurai RM3: 50% chance, 2-hit, x0.9 per hit, 100% accuracy, Samurai school
(included as it averages out higher then the other options)
Yang & Yda RM3: x0.8, Non-elemental
Orlandeau RM2: AoE convergent (1=x0.9, 2=x0.75, 3=x0.64, 4=x0.57)
Leo & Machina RM3: x1.0, 4.5 second cast time, Non-elemental)

Best low-effort option is Bard's RM1b (x0.6, drops randomly after using MC1), but you'll need pretty high attack for that depending on the enemy. Otherwise Orlandeau is easiest to grab for good results.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Here's my post fest roundup.

Prior to this fest I had a dry spell with no 6* relics for four months and the summer fest was a SSB filled nightmare. I still had quite a bit of mythril saved up so here's what the slot machine coughed up for me and a small SB review to go with it.

USBs

Tyro 2. Good. Can never have too many hastegas and the buff stacks with most things.
Lightning. Great. poo poo's out damage fast and is going to get a lot better once Thundering Twinstrike is four hits. The relic is a 6* +lit sword.
Edge. Great. Has extremely high damage potential but can be partially shut down by aoe physicals. And by partially shut down I mean he takes no damage and still hits for a decent amount. The only downside is the berserker sphere in his 4* dive and me lacking the orbs to hone the water ninja skills.
(dupe) Aeris. Miracle veil is great. This is Miracle Veil that's instant and has Shellga. Combined relic is now my highest MND staff.
Terra. Great. Burn everything to the ground. For some reason lasts 10 seconds longer than other EX modes. Should probably have all realm +fire but does not. It's not like a fire mage sword would've been a hot commodity for everyone to fight over.
Zidane. Great. Chase all thief attacks with a decent chance to imperil further. This with his BSB2 sounds deadly as its commands are thief.
Squall. Tempted to call it trash but it's okay. The EX mode is a joke though. You can't activate it enough during 15 seconds to make a difference and the stacks reset when the SB is recast, making it a slightly stronger Super.
Rikku. Great. Saves ability slots, RW cash grab. Probably combining this with Zidane BSB2 to sometimes give Ramza a rest. And Agrias who usually has to come along to every fight to carry the other half of Proshellga. Edge can use this +water 6* fist so that's a plus.

OSBs

Squall. Bog standard 12 Ice/NE. It's an OSB, they have their uses.
Raines. It's an OSB. The multiplier variation doesn't really make a difference in one way or another. +dark 6* mage fist is real nice, though mostly for him.

BSBs

Rinoa 2. Great. A really hard hitting ice mage thing. Going to replace Serah as my ice mage once I level her. Or maybe they'll go together and I'll kick Snow out of the Fenrir team.
Zell 1. Great. Powerchaining command 2. Good punchman. +fire fist.
Zidane 2. Great. Debuff the enemy, buff your team with a unique id (which means it stacks with Shout). Going to see a lot of use once I get him up to speed.
Locke 1. Good. Nice effect, nice commands.
Gogo. Good. +water rod, enwater. CMD 2 is nice water damage. CMD1 has potential but ultimately is a curiosity.
(dupe) Golbez. Fringe effect but it's a good SB for what it is. A tanking mage. This reforged +dark rod with full rosettas is pretty strong at least.
Relm. Great. Awesome source for Guts.
(dupe) Relm. Yeah one was enough thanks. This was a 1/11 pull too.
(dupe) Relm. Okay.
Minfilia. Great. A support SB with an en-element. Sounds weird with but with her ability access it works out. +holy but I have better options for +holy swords already.
Raines. Great. Doesn't need comments.
Hope. Trash. Learn and forget (about both the SB and Hope). Unimpressive commands. The entry self-faith is nice but it's not nearly good enough. Dude can't use 5* WHT even if Holy was buffed to multihit already and the holy summon is a 4*. But a +holy wrist armor is amazing in any case so that's good enough for me.
Alphinaud. Great. Enwind and summon commands to bypass counters for those certain annoying fights. My summon hones are poo poo so I prefer this over the USB for now at least.
Red XII. Great. This variation of the support SB has quick cast commands.
Yuna 1. The biggest prize out of all of these. It does excellent damage and heals too. What's there not to like?
Arc. Good. BSB Medica. Pays the "deals damage price" which I don't like.
Iris. Great. Just a great medica BSB. Great to have Astra available as an option.
Porom. Great. Goes in a mage team.
Larsa. Great. Just a great medica BSB. See Iris.
(CT) Ka... Prishe. Sorry Kain. I picked Prishe to deal with the 3CM torment but it wasn't even enough. Maybe later once I get some levels and motes under her belt. The SB is great though, giving whopping five quicker monk casts and a bargain CMD 2.

SSBs

Deuce. Good. Lots of strong effects for a Super.
Seifer. Trash. Worst SSB in my possession.
Luneth. Decent. Slightly higher multiplier than his BSB if going for JS wind clears.
(dupe) Vanille. Good. A medica's a medica.
Maria. Okay, at least it's a faithga.
(dupe)Setzer. Fixed dice. It's okay.

Did not do gem pull.

Still no Cloud things but let's just say the consolation prizes were a bit better than two gun arms this time around.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is spellblade's RM3 actually coded as a spellblade?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Nihilarian posted:

Is spellblade's RM3 actually coded as a spellblade?

Had to double check, but yes it is. It's easier to think of it as a half strength Quake Strike, but that still makes it stronger then the other AoE Auto-attack RMs.

For comparison, Bladeblitz is x1.5, Kick is 1.3, Spellblade RM3 is x1.2 total, Leo and Machina RM3 are x1.0, Yda and Yang RM3 are x0.8, Orlandeau with 2 enemies is x0.75.

I'll edit this stuff in the last post.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

pichupal posted:

Had to double check, but yes it is. It's easier to think of it as a half strength Quake Strike, but that still makes it stronger then the other AoE Auto-attack RMs.

For comparison, Bladeblitz is x1.5, Kick is 1.3, Spellblade RM3 is x1.2 total, Leo and Machina RM3 are x1.0, Yda and Yang RM3 are x0.8, Orlandeau with 2 enemies is x0.75.

I'll edit this stuff in the last post.
interesting. I was kind of just lamenting the lack of a Stone Strike for Bartz, but I guess they just hid it in the RM section :v:

Still probably not worth comboing with his USB compared to just honing up Quake Strike though.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Hey I wanna do a post-Fest roundup report too. I skipped the pre-Festival Healer Lucky Draw but pulled on the other two LD's, two pulls on Banner 2, one pull on Banner 3, two pulls on Banner 4, and then the Crystal Tower Mythril Draw. Oh and the 30-pull of course. I haven't done the gem draw.

USB's
Bartz - Hell yes. I have none of Bartz's BSB's, but I legend dived him anyway and putting him to work in some of the magicites. One of the best relics I could have hoped for from this festival.
Penelo - A nice healer relic! Yoshi-Cola is still my go-to healer but this looks good. Speaking of which...
Y'shtola - hahahahahahahah gently caress

OSB's
Beatrix - This is the only thing I've pulled for Beatrix. It's...mmm, a thing, I guess?
Warrior of Light - Ditto, I don't have anything else for WoL. Guess it's something.
Fujin - Doesn't seem super great without an EnWind, and outside of FF8 realms it actually seems like a worse weapon to use than her BSB weapon if you're aiming solely for wind damage. Hmm.

BSB's
Gordon - ...it's another form of Last Stand but why
Rosa - Decent healer thing that also does a little damage? Alright.
Ceodore - Not great. Guess it's ok to have healing on a more offensive character, but... when am I going to bring him anywhere...
Locke - Well it's fire imperil, that's cool. He doesn't make my Sea Lion team right now though.
Strago - Neat! This might help me get my first clear on Golem (haven't tried yet, waiting for half stamina Magicites tonight). Plus the cloak provides extra water damage
Cid FF7 - I think I have enough physical wind damage already. 10 hit entry + 5 hit CMD1 might be nice for wind chains though.
Garnet - seems pretty bad but a +Lightning dagger? Ok.
Auron - Eh. Not really sold on this, but maybe on a physical boss that I need non-elemental damage for?
Ayame - HELL YES. One of my main goals in this Festival was to get ice damage, and sadly this was the only thing I pulled that does that. But luckily it rules. Eat poo poo, XI Torment!
Balthier - I pulled THREE of these loving guns. At least I've got a super cool +++ gun for FF12 battles I guess??
Fujin - Made this my Crystal Tower pick entirely based on the fact that I can't clear Golem, so I need magic wind damage. Seemed like the best decision.

SSB's
Gordon - Seems more useful than his BSB, if I'm doing a CM for FF2. But when does that ever happen??
Dorgann - ...it's a +Wind sword!
Sazh - I will never use this.
Edea - I will never use this.

Overall I got some good things but I still don't know if I have enough ice damage to finally take down Fenrir. And of course, I whiff on TERROR BALTIMORE's USB yet again.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I still can't choose between Fujin's BSB and Orlandeau's. I have both of their OSBs and both of the BSBs seem to compliment those. Fujin's has +wind which is nice, but on a weapon very few people can use. My wind and holy coverage are both pretty good, but I have way less magical wind gear than physical holy.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Physical Holy shows up in a lot of realms and a lot of characters, magic Wind not so much. Also, Orlandeau's BSB isn't that great without his OSB.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I still can't choose between Fujin's BSB and Orlandeau's. I have both of their OSBs and both of the BSBs seem to compliment those. Fujin's has +wind which is nice, but on a weapon very few people can use. My wind and holy coverage are both pretty good, but I have way less magical wind gear than physical holy.

Orlandeau's OSB/BSB combo is quite strong, but just his OSB and abilities is also quite strong.

Fujin's BSB is also very good, +wind is rarer, and magic wind in general is rarer than physical holy.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

I'd probably go with Fujin's BSB there. I have Both TG CID's OSB and BSB and while the combo is nice I don't actually find myself using it often. Thunder God mode lets his OSB stand on its own a lot more than the others and he can output ridiculous damage just with normal abilities after using it if you have the hones.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mithross posted:

Orlandeau's OSB/BSB combo is quite strong, but just his OSB and abilities is also quite strong.

Fujin's BSB is also very good, +wind is rarer, and magic wind in general is rarer than physical holy.

Haha yeah, that's pretty much exactly why I'm torn. Neither of them are must-haves, but both are good. Fujin's BSB would be nice for Golem since I bring her anyway, and Orlandeau's would be nice to combo with his OSB, but I'm honestly not sure how much more effective OSB -> BSB is compared to just double OSB'ing.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

EDIT: @ Shock Trooper
Fujin's OSB ought to help with Golem at least. With wrath and ninja speed commands you won't have much problem juggling it and her BSB.

Ceodore's BSB seems great. All the heals on it are proportional so you don't have to mind his mind. I don't have it myself so I haven't messed with it enough to tell you how to use it but it definitely seems strong.

Cid's (7) BSB is notable because it doesn't have the usual enelement damage tax. That makes it a very respectable wind bsb; unfortunately you drew it in the same fest where you got Bartz USB. To add insult to injury, Bartz can use your shiny new +wind sword and Cid can't. Oh well.

Orlandeau with just OSB is already competitive, while Fujin with just OSB really isn't. Fujin BSB is also a chance to get a support for your mage team that benefits from your mage buffs.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

My Fest Haul pretty much went alright, keeping the summary in chronological order:

Healer Lucky (3/11): Yuna's BSB2 Dupe, Iris' Burst x2 .
BSB+ Lucky (5/11): Rapha, Basch and Eiko's Dupe Bursts, Quistis & Prishe's BSBs
Disco Lucky (2/11): Zack's Chain and Relm's Ultra

30-Pull (3/30): Lann's Overflow, Penelo's Burst, Echo's Hastega/RES-buff Super.

NES Banner (6/22): Dupe Bursts for Maria and Garland, Dupe Onion Armor, WoL's Burst and Firion's Burst + Ultra Combo
SNES Banner (3/11): Dupe Rosa's Burst, Celes' BSB2 and Bartz's Ultra.
PSX Banner (1/11): Cloud's Ultra
PS2 Banner (3/11): Auron's BSB2, Aphmau's Burst and Balthier's BSB2
Modern Banner(1/11): Nabaat's Burst

I'm too F2P to pull on the Gem Draw Selection.

Crystal Tower (3/11): Zidane's BSB1, P. Cecil's BSB2 and Fang's Enwind Super. Selected Beatrix's BSB1. Larsa's Burst was my runner up choice, but 1st Holy Imperil > 2nd Native Astra and I have a lot of Holy-element SBs (not even counting the ones I got from this fest).

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Nihilarian posted:

EDIT: @ Shock Trooper
Fujin's OSB ought to help with Golem at least. With wrath and ninja speed commands you won't have much problem juggling it and her BSB.

My current plan was to give Onion Knight the ninja wind abilities and just have Fujin spam BSB commands. I've only tried the OSB once and was kinda underwhelmed by the damage, but I didn't really have buffs up. Maybe if she had Ace Striker/Battleforged, but I'm thinking those RM's are more important to give to my Wrathless wind mages (Emperor and Strago). I'll have to see how much bar I can build up.

quote:

Ceodore's BSB seems great. All the heals on it are proportional so you don't have to mind his mind. I don't have it myself so I haven't messed with it enough to tell you how to use it but it definitely seems strong.

Guess he might be an option for the Dark Magicite if I need a backup healer? Gotta shove a bunch of eggs down his throat for that though

quote:

Cid's (7) BSB is notable because it doesn't have the usual enelement damage tax. That makes it a very respectable wind bsb; unfortunately you drew it in the same fest where you got Bartz USB. To add insult to injury, Bartz can use your shiny new +wind sword and Cid can't. Oh well.

To be fair, my physical wind options still aren't as strong as other people's (I have no Cloud BSB2/USB or Zack CSB). I'm going to keep Cid in mind for the next time the Gi Nattak Torment opens up since I just could not clear the 300 a few weeks ago.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I beat a magicite!

Fire and Tidus was definitely the MVP, but Kimahri was surprisingly useful. Stacking on those imperils was good but his damage and heal saved me several times.

Took me about 2 minutes though so I really had to figure out buff timings. Rikku especially was tough - with just the USB to keep up and no lifesiphon or wrath she actually spent a lot of the time just using attack to build meter.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Rikku could have been using Sharpshooter skills to strike weakness, couldn't she?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Here's my final haul from the fest period. I did do a couple pulls on the VI banner and so I'll be including them here.

USBs
Shadow - Oh gently caress yes.
Faris - I heard you already had a wind imperil for Faris, so here's an infinitely better one!
Setzer - Ahahaha, I don't even have enough 5* motes to think of diving you yet!
Tyro - Does the free one count?
Auron - I honestly haven't even had a chance to use it yet, but drat there's a lot of utility baked into this one.
Shantotto - Ohohohohohohohoho!
Noctis - I only had his SSB before, and I think I will continue using Noctis in a SSB-spam role even with this.

OSBs
Kain - Nope, not going to convince me to use him. Sad too, because Kain w/ SSB was one of my strongest DPS options one year ago today.
Raines - I don't have his BSB, so I might find a use for this somewhere.

CSBs
Warrior of Light - I will take that Holy Chain, thank you very much!

BSBs
Larsa - Snagged from the healer lucky. Hey, let's give a guy who already has Y'sh, Vanille, Sarah, Rosa, and Eiko BSBs yet another good one!
Aeris - I didn't really need more healing BSBs, but they're always welcome for CM purposes.
Warrior of Light - Before fest I only had his ancient-rear end unique soul break, and now I've got a permanent holy squad member.
Celes 2 - I had already done a full LD on her before pulling this, and now I feel even more vindicated.
Relm - Another healing BSB eh? Another case of not truly needing it since I have Eiko's USB for Last Stand, but in this case Last Stand on a healing BSB is a very handy thing.
Shadow - This was my gem-only selection. Wasn't even on my mind going in to this fest, but when you pull a Shadow USB your hand gets forced.
Balthier - Apparently he's the best fire-imperil-er in the game with this.
Aphmau - Help, I'm drowning in healer BSBs. Well, actually this one has a Faithga and DPS element to it, so this one is rather neat!
:siren:TINY BEE:siren: - Of course it had to happen.
Hope 2 - I'm flush with better offensive mage options, but somewhere down the line I can see this thing being very helpful.
Fujin - And this was my crystal tower selection. I already had all the best healing options, plus some dupes of the better DPS options, so welcome to the show Fujin!

SSBs - Mostly sadness this way.
Zell - Not even his "good" one.
Minwu - Hey, this will actually be handy!
Quistis - This is her Hastega/Quickcast. Useless to me because I have Leylines.
Edea - Magical source of dark imperil I guess.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

In the end, biases trumped over logic for the CT Banner bonus choice.

I'm happy though, Minwu is a badass.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

What's the best water relic on the gem banner?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Jose Valasquez posted:

What's the best water relic on the gem banner?

I think people were recommending Yuffie's earlier, and as someone who has been using it for a while, it's definitely a great BSB on a versatile character, especially with the new ninja water stuff.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Alxprit posted:

Rikku could have been using Sharpshooter skills to strike weakness, couldn't she?

Yup, assuming Tidus is already using Sapphire Shot, you can always give Blue Deep to Rikku to build meter faster. That's what I do for Liquid Flame, although I'm building meter for her BSB imperil instead

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

I think people were recommending Yuffie's earlier, and as someone who has been using it for a while, it's definitely a great BSB on a versatile character, especially with the new ninja water stuff.

Eh, Yuffie's BSB (and Edge's very similar BSB on the gem select) is functional, but it's not super amazing. If all you need from a water bsb is straight water damage on a good character it's fine, but not spectacular. Kimarhi/Rikku's imperil BSBs are probably better options overall.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I think I won the CT draw:

Wow! No dupes, excellent items. I just got Lion's BSB on one of the Lucky Draws, and am just a little sad I finally finished Vaan's LD because now she is a breaking powerhouse.

Seifer's sword is interesting, a great +fire statstick but he probably won't be getting much use on my teams. First Earth Burst with Tifa's fist, and another sword for my avatar.

Yuna's USB is a great prize, and brings up a dilemma for CT relic choice. I had been planning on Vanille's BSB since I need both a FFXIII healing BSB and an instant cast healing BSB. However, Yuna's USB is my only current relic for her, and I feel like I would need her BSB2 in order to replace Eiko on some of my teams. I already have Selphie's USB and rarely use her.

Any thoughts? Vanille BSB or add Yuna's BSB2 to her USB?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
More nightmare talk: what's a good strategy for Reraise? Can I just beat the poo poo out of it with OK throwing out ninja magic?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mithross posted:

More nightmare talk: what's a good strategy for Reraise? Can I just beat the poo poo out of it with OK throwing out ninja magic?

1) Avoid selphie BSB for mirrors. It will kill you.

2) Ninja magic rules, go nuts.

3) It's been power-creeped hard besides that, so a few of the healer BSBs will murder it.

4) Diaga if you have it works pretty good.

5) Is summon magic allowed? If so hi Alexander. Can't remember this one.

6) But yeah ninja magic is pretty rad and back when it came out there were no good 5* ninja options so it's even BETTER now.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I can't remember what strategy I used because this thing has been power creeped to death, I think the majority of my damage came from Lenna BSB command 1.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Pander posted:

1) Avoid selphie BSB for mirrors. It will kill you.

2) Ninja magic rules, go nuts.

3) It's been power-creeped hard besides that, so a few of the healer BSBs will murder it.

4) Diaga if you have it works pretty good.

5) Is summon magic allowed? If so hi Alexander. Can't remember this one.

6) But yeah ninja magic is pretty rad and back when it came out there were no good 5* ninja options so it's even BETTER now.

Summon magic isn't allowed (I wish, I could just let Alphinaud go to town). I do have vanille's BSB for offensive white magic/medica, and tyro can native wall, and toss some extra ninja magic, so that seems like a good core.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Gonna dump my fest haul here with the VI event included, overall I did fairly well

USBs

Pecil: Seems OK, will be good VS Shadow Dragon with guardbringer spam
Bartz: loving ace, makes him a Magicite God
Shadow: Absurd
Setzer: Yes Good
Vincent: Nice VS Sea Lion? Probably the worst of the bunch, aoe entry is rarely useful
Tidus: My water stuff is already absurd this just pushed it over the top
Rikku: Something I've wanted for a while
Shantotto: OHOHOHOHO

OSBs

Terra: I wanted this forever, now to sit tight for her banner to get her other stuff
Fujin: Makes short work of Golem
Tidus: I got his USB this fest so this isn't that great, but hey +water sword

BSBs

Bartz 3: Got his BSB1 and 2, this rounds off the set
Shadow: Godly
Celes 2: Perfect Waifu
Seymour: Rubbish
Auron 2: Rubbish!
Aphmau: Very nice
Curilla: Not bad
Gabranth: Okay I guess? The game seems determined to give me his stuff
Iris: Sure why not yet another healer BSB (only realms I miss a healer BSB for are I, II, V and VIII)

SSBs

Umaro: This is fun
Gabranth: Fart

LMRs

Shadow: I chased this way too hard
Setzer: Same

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 6, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Gonna dump my fest haul here with the VI event included, overall I did fairly well

USBs

Pecil: Seems OK, will be good VS Shadow Dragon with guardbringer spam
Bartz: loving ace, makes him a Magicite God
Shadow: Absurd
Setzer: Yes Good
Vincent: Nice VS Sea Lion? Probably the worst of the bunch, aoe entry is rarely useful
Tidus: My water stuff is already absurd this just pushed it over the top
Rikku: Something I've wanted for a while
Shantotto: OHOHOHOHO

OSBs

Terra: I wanted this forever, now to sit tight for her banner to get her other stuff
Fujin: Makes short work of Golem
Tidus: I got his USB this fest so this isn't that great, but hey +water sword

BSBs

Bartz 3: Got his BSB1 and 2, this rounds off the set
Shadow: Godly
Celes 2: Perfect Waifu
Seymour: Rubbish
Auron 2: Rubbish!
Aphmau: Very nice
Curilla: Not bad
Gabranth: Okay I guess? The game seems determined to give me his stuff
Iris: Sure why not yet another healer BSB (only realms I miss a healer BSB for are I, II, V and VIII)

SSBs

Umaro: This is fun
Gabranth: Fart

LMRs

Shadow: I chased this way too hard
Setzer: Same

drat man, you cleaned up this fest. You could probably not pull again till 3rd anniversary and still be well ahead of the curve. Congrats!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
After this fest, I've been having fun with a team of Lightning (USB and BSB2), Bartz (USB and OSB), Tidus (USB), Ramza (Shout), and Rosa (USB). It's just...so good. And I now have plenty of options for tweaking this setup as needed.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Forgot to mention my last crystal tower pull was Rinoa SSB (dupe) Kimahri BSB Vivi BSB2 and Squall USB, picked up Kain BSB because he is my flawless husband

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
^ drat that’s a good haul, how did you avoid all the SSBs...

I guess I'll do a round-up too. This includes VI and Soundtrack (lol).

SSB
Cid Raines 2: goes nicely with BSB
Eiko: meh
Kuja: sure I'll take for 100 gemmer
Rinoa: k
Sephiroth 2: k
Setzer 2: won't be that useful since Full Break will do the same thing
Shadow: but I wanted BSB or USB :(

BSB
Aphmau: seems interesting
Balthier: seems like a cool fire imperil
Cid: eh
Cid Raines: picked from gem-only, poo poo rules
Cloud 2: nice, would've been sad if I only got USB, don't have enough resources to hone Omega Drive or whatever
Dagger: +lightning alright
Eiko: alright
Garland: gently caress this thing it trolled me three times as a 1/11 during the fest (once during LD2, twice during Phase 1)
Ingus: alright
Leila: sure I'll take my first poison BSB
Locke: eh
Luneth: happy for this after getting OSB from LD3
Matoya: meh
Minfilia: only had her SSB so it'll be another nice option
Noctis: wanted his USB but this will do
Onion Knight: got it from 100 gem on Phase 1 too, nice
Porom: eh
Relm: nice, another Last Stand option
Rinoa 2: nice, needed more ice
Sephiroth 2: pretty dope
Setzer: very nice
Squall 2: dupe
Strago: 1/11 CT pull, but someone earlier explained that it's actually pretty good
Vanille: already have Rosa USB and Y'shtola BSB so this probably won't see much use
Yuna 2: picked from CT selection, wanted to give her something else besides USB, needed more summon stuff, no ragrets
Zidane 2: pulled this and USB at the same time, awesome
Zell: guess this will be a cool alternative to Setzer

USB
Cloud: only took me 6x11 + 2x3 to get it... got on final x3 pull lol
Firion: +holy stick
Lightning: I don't have anything else or even enough hones to make this good, but glad to take it for now
Setzer: I got all his stuff instead of Shadow's, which honestly might have worked out better for me
Shantotto: not sure if I can make good use of this yet but seems good
Squall: but why every 2nd spellblade...
Tidus: not what I wanted from the banner but I did need more water
Tyro 2: duh
Warrior of Light: +holy stick
Zidane: poo poo owns, will be my first thief

OSB
Luneth: this one actually helped me for III Torment
Onion Knight: yesss, finally some heavy armor, and glad to get after getting BSB from 100 gem
Rydia:
Steiner:
Tifa:

LMR
Setzer: awesome, especially since I got everything for him

Unique
Tifa: f u game

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 6, 2017

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

By being good at relic draws

iamsosmrt posted:

drat man, you cleaned up this fest. You could probably not pull again till 3rd anniversary and still be well ahead of the curve. Congrats!

That's more or less the plan with a detour to pick up Vivi USB + LMR and Onion's USBs

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I learned today that if you esuna Evrae nightmare after a guado poisons him, but before he says he's readying Nightmare Poison Breath, he will instantly repoison himself and ready nightmare poison breath anyway.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Since everyone is posting hauls, thought I'd take a look at mine.

250 Mythril + 75 on the Luckies spent.

Ultra
Fran - I now own both Ice Imperils, and the Quickcast buff on this one makes it nice for Magicite. And a 6* Bow.
Yda - Meh. I guess I could hone up the Fire Monk stuff but it's not that amazing? It does make me wish triple blink worked with the Ninja skills. And Yda had Ninja. 6* Fist is nice though.
Squall - Also meh, mainly cause I grabbed his BSB2 this event.
Tidus - Really nice since I had no good water stuff at the start of the fest.

Chain
Dupes: Shantotto - A stronger stat stick.

Overstrike
Jecht - Bad. And I got Tidus USB so I already have a 6* Blitzball.

Dupes: Tyro - This was my guarantee on the 30 Draw.

Burst
Sarah - My new favourite Medica.
Deuce - Nice Magicite opener, but I have too many good ATK/MAG SBs
Rikku - Much needed Imperil Water, although the commands sorta suck for DPS
Edgar - CHAINSAW
Kefka - POISON THE WHOLE CITY (Seriously, if you haven't seen the animation for this one)
Minfilia - Technically my best Holy SB, I've been using Cecil BSB -> Cloud USB RW -> Cecil 3-hit SSB for my Holy DPS needs
Thancred 2 - Why more poison.
Lightning 2 - I now have everything but her LMR and USB for SSB+ relics.
Shelke x2 - I was going to dive her anyways, but she's now my best Support
Tifa - Didn't really have any Physical Earth stuff except Yang's Imperil
Cid VII - More physical Wind stuff
Squall 2 - I now have an Ice team
Tiny Bee - TINY BEE
Seymour - Eh. I have Kuja's Imperil already. I guess if I want to use Ultima Weapon?

Dupes: Garnet 1, Vaan BSB, Papalymo. Other then Vaan, they're pretty good dupes.

Super:
Nabaat SSB - Actually a good dual break if I want a mage focused support.
Tellah SSB - Ramza USB-lite, just with no Wrath-spamming and a much more common buff
Quistis SSB2 - Bad.

Dupes: Lann SSB - Still bad.

Not bad overall. I didn't come out with my two big targets, Rikku and Cloud USBs, but I corrected my Water and Ice holes (and, uh, Poison if I ever need it). Got some new great healing bursts, even more of a reason to dive Shelke, and an AoE Powerchain with Tellah.

Still need to choose my selection relic from Crystal Tower too. I've decided if I want to pull for Larsa I'll wait for his XII event in 6 months, so I'm down to Fujin, Yuna 2 or Y'shtola.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
so i have gabranth here with his bsb (imperil), his usb (enDark, shorter cast times per cast of dark abilities) and two +dark items, he should be worth legend diving, yeah?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

^^^^^^^^^
If you like him yeah

Why not?

Ultras
Cloud- Wasn't aiming for this at all, I threw a pull chasing Squall's BSB2 and hit this intead
Luneth- Was hoping for Firion's but I guess the game wanted me to have Wind
Yda's- Meh it'll be useful for Cms

OverStrikes
Onion Knight- yay stats
Vivi- Once I level him up he should contribute greatly with Sealion
Fang- More wind
Beatrix- I'm not sure if there is room for her on the Holy team but its another 6* holy sword
Rinoa- Earth is something I'm not great in so this was cool

Bursts
Y'shtola-Dupe
Aphmau- Lighting Yuna2 cool
Quina- It seems...interesting
Rikku- I picked her for my gem selection as I wanted something for her to do inbetween USB casts but I'm not sure if this was the best idea
Cloud's BSB2- This was the relic I got from going 1/11 in the gem selection. Initially I didn't think much about it but then I drew his USB lol
Yuffie- I pulled her USB back at the beginning of summer when I got back into the game and wow the new ninja abilities and En-Water make her great, she absolutely shreds Living Flame
Rapha- I might get around to this eventually but eh
Reks- It seems really cool but I already have way better hastegas
Kain- The ether effect is neat I guess
Steiner- Yay fire damge
Edea- Gives me a full magic ice team
Fang- More Wind

super
Selphie- M-blinks are cool
Leila- Uhh FF2 synergy armor

Overall I'm super happy with my pulls I only pulled on all 3 luckies and banner 1 and 3 once each. I did cave for the gem only pull but I got something for 2 really good characters so yeah.
Now I'm going to hoard until Yuffie's USB2 comes out and go hard on that banner.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My 30th haul (325 mythril and 3500 gems spent, I think)

USBs:

Firion II
Luneth III
Selphie VIII
Vaan XII (x2)
Minfilia XIV

OSBs:

Onion Knight III (dupe)
Locke VI
Sephiroth VII
Tidus X
Ashe XII

BSBs:

Maria II
Leila II
Leon II (dupe)
Arc III
Rosa IV
Edward IV
Gogo V
Beatrix IX
Paine X
Lion XI
Aphmau XI
Penelo XII
Reks XII
Nabaat XIII
Cid Raines XIII
Rapha FFT

SSBs:

Garland I (dupe)
Fusoya IV
Jecht X
Delita FFT

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

gently caress this robot.

Surprisingly easy once you actually get your stops to connect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Man I have to admit I am kinda salty that I'm apparently the only person who didn't pull a single USB despite spending 300 mythril total this fest. That's some poo poo.

• Locked thread