Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Slightly Absurd posted:

I think i might've just watched the printer boot up in real time

I thought they quit tether printing when the government decided to look into the tether company thinking that something might be up with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
They didn't quit.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Partycat posted:

I thought that when you actually “sell” bitcoins they take weeks to become actual money unless you want to gamble on being beat up in a parking lot? Is there some trick to being able to micro day trade this poo poo and then realizing this value?

It took me 5 weeks to cash out in December last year when they hit $16k. It was a combination of finding a trustworthy exchange and the transaction taking almost 1 week to confirm because the whole system was backlogged due to the bubble.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

935 posted:

All I know about BTC is to always do the exact opposite of what goons say because historically they've been wrong 100% of the time.

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Risc1911 posted:

It took me 5 weeks to cash out in December last year when they hit $16k. It was a combination of finding a trustworthy exchange and the transaction taking almost 1 week to confirm because the whole system was backlogged due to the bubble.

:airquote: backlogged :airquote:

which looks remarkably similar to

"defrauding investors by preventing them from cashing out until the market stabilizes on a more favorable rate"

The keys are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Slightly Absurd posted:

I think i might've just watched the printer boot up in real time

completely_legitimate.jpg

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

revwinnebago posted:

:airquote: backlogged :airquote:

which looks remarkably similar to

"defrauding investors by preventing them from cashing out until the market stabilizes on a more favorable rate"

The keys are right next to each other on the keyboard.

Yeah, both really. Took ages to verify the transaction on the blockchain, about a week. Then it took the "exchange" another 1.5 weeks to actually send me the money to my paypal.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

someone label the spaceman as "bitcoin" and the ship as "express trip to the moon"

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4_NSKB8fSQ

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

You, sir, are a hero among men. From grauz gifs to gangtags to this masterpiece.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

The Bitcoin Kitty

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine buying a bitcoin

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Goodpancakes posted:

The Bitcoin Kitty

omg LOL

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The bitcoiner life cycle as expressed by cats

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

beautiful :discourse:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

935 posted:

All I know about BTC is to always do the exact opposite of what goons say because historically they've been wrong 100% of the time.

SELL SELL SELL

and then DO NOT come back and post in this thread when you are broke and suffering and everyone in your life has left you

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Brb guys I gotta buy this dip TO SAVE MY loving MARRIAGE.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

are you my girlfriend

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Dolphin posted:

imagine buying a bitcoin
i could liquidate my in-the-red portfolio and buy 2 bitcoins!!!!

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

numberoneposter posted:

i could liquidate my in-the-red portfolio and buy 2 bitcoins!!!!

Now that is smart investment. By spreading the risk, if one of your bitcoins drops in value, you'll always have the other.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://twitter.com/CasPiancey/status/1066201308414205954

:thunk:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

are you my girlfriend

no but I can be :wink:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

klafbang posted:

Now that is smart investment. By spreading the risk, if one of your bitcoins drops in value, you'll always have the other.
i might wait until later in the week so i can pick up three bit coins!!!!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Risc1911 posted:

Yeah, both really. Took ages to verify the transaction on the blockchain, about a week. Then it took the "exchange" another 1.5 weeks to actually send me the money to my paypal.

Nothing says “disrupting the existing financial paradigm” and the replacement of fiat currency like... [checks notes]... sending people their digital scratchcard winnings via loving PayPal.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Is this where we talk about Day-Z

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

When have they ever given infrequent audits?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/norynsyra/status/1067158288775569408?s=21

I know Bitcoin is back at $3600 but did you nocoiner fucks realise that Jeff Bezos is a communist?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Parkingtigers posted:

did you nocoiner fucks realise that Jeff Bezos is a communist?

When he distributes Amazon's means of production to the people and I get my share, I'm gonna cash it in for real assets like bitcoin!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

just lol at anyone who thought tether was ever gonna do audits.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
why do most of these brokebrain true believing butters have lightning bolt emojis in their name

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

EorayMel posted:

why do most of these brokebrain true believing butters have lightning bolt emojis in their name

Probably related to the lightning network which was going to save bitcoin

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

EorayMel posted:

I'm sure there's some complicated story but I'm just gonna go ahead and assume it's the Sieg rune because these guys love, love, LOVE to cheer for a team that was A. tremendously, genocidally racist and B. lost

Like nobody ever presents themselves as a follower of Franco, but Franco died in bed, Fuhrer of Spain.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

EorayMel posted:

Because blockchain's lightning network is so fast or some dumb poo poo like that.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Nessus posted:

Like nobody ever presents themselves as a follower of Franco, but Franco died in bed, Fuhrer of Spain.

I've got some bad news for you if you think the far-right in Spain isn't super pro Franco.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I've got some bad news for you if you think the far-right in Spain isn't super pro Franco.
That ain't the point! All the chuds ride Hitler's dick when Hitler was a tremendous failure compared to these less insane fascist leaders.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Parkingtigers posted:

Nothing says “disrupting the existing financial paradigm” and the replacement of fiat currency like... [checks notes]... sending people their digital scratchcard winnings via loving PayPal.

To be fair, they also offered bank transfer but I was just happy i got out before the bubble burst and did not care how i get my FIAT. I wanted it fast so paypal was really the best option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nessus posted:

That ain't the point! All the chuds ride Hitler's dick when Hitler was a tremendous failure compared to these less insane fascist leaders.

Hitler died as leader of Germany, of course.