Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

GoutPatrol posted:

My poor rarest trophy selection, gone. I used to have a nice diverse selection of trophies from several different games. Now Virtua Fighter has pushed them all out.

Everyone here should play more Virtua Fighter, is what I'm saying.

most impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I'm at I think the half way mark of Ghost of Tsushima I just freed Lord Shimura and so far I love it. I mean it helps I am a big fan of open world games (BOTW, Witcher 3, Horizon, Spiderman, etc are among my favorites of this generation) and yea this game isn't doing anything new, but it's just a really good, super-polished open world game in a setting I personally find to be really interesting. It helps that the characters, and voice acting are all AAA game quality. Yes I watched Seven Samurai to help get me in the mood for this game.

Also I don't know what black magic Sucker Punched used, but this game looks loving fantastic on my 2015-era base PS4, and it runs well too with only a few areas of noticeable slowdown. It really is one of those games where I like to pause it, and just slowly pan the camera around admiring the scenery and fidelity.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I'm at I think the half way mark of Ghost of Tsushima I just freed Lord Shimura and so far I love it. I mean it helps I am a big fan of open world games (BOTW, Witcher 3, Horizon, Spiderman, etc are among my favorites of this generation) and yea this game isn't doing anything new, but it's just a really good, super-polished open world game in a setting I personally find to be really interesting. It helps that the characters, and voice acting are all AAA game quality. Yes I watched Seven Samurai to help get me in the mood for this game.

Also I don't know what black magic Sucker Punched used, but this game looks loving fantastic on my 2015-era base PS4, and it runs well too with only a few areas of noticeable slowdown. It really is one of those games where I like to pause it, and just slowly pan the camera around admiring the scenery and fidelity.

You and me both. I beat it and kept thinking “hmm is this actually my favorite ps4 exclusive???” and yes. Yes it is. I genuinely likely everything about the game and don’t think a single thing about it bugged me.

I really appreciate how it’s a phenomenally well done combo of design to technical prowess throughout every aspect of the game. Sucker Punch is a great dev!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

loving run for your life and dive at the last moment while screaming INCOMING

note: this strategy does not work in the chalice dungeon where you have to fight her in a closet, your best bet there is to curl into a ball and pretend it's not happening be an ARC character and murder her with a few Executioner's Gloves.
This works even better with Defiled Amy, 3 shots to the head and a visceral. Bye, Amy!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm sure that I wouldn't have done defiled Amy and get the plan without my full arcane character.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The unseen village is kinda exhausting. I finally got to the lamp and moved on. Then 3 hunters at once. Once I got that done I had to say I'm done for now. I'm pretty sure it's going to get a lot easier until the boss now, though. One hunter is bad, but 3? Yikes.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

The unseen village is kinda exhausting. I finally got to the lamp and moved on. Then 3 hunters at once. Once I got that done I had to say I'm done for now. I'm pretty sure it's going to get a lot easier until the boss now, though. One hunter is bad, but 3? Yikes.

The next boss is one of the coolest/grossest looking bosses in the game tho

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Solaris 2.0 posted:

It's a really magical game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
btw Waltzing the hunters don’t respawn so try and focus on just one at once if you can

I guess you know this if you’re this far in but still

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can and should skip the gank squad, killing them is not worth it

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Vikar Jerome posted:

most impressive.

This was not trying to just brag about this, I really liked having a variety of games there. Rock Band 4, Cities Skylines, Trackmania...all very different. That Trackmania one, which is still 6 levels away from the top, was a hell of alot harder to do than VF, which was just keep playing until you get it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yuck. That was gross. And a repeat of tower knight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The cutscene before that boss is one of the best From cutscenes ever imo

Man I kinda wanna play Bloodborne again bow

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Bobble head alien down. Found the next alien boss immediately after. Summoned a dude who died immediately and I didn't last much longer after that. If he didn't die so fast I may have been able to 1 shot the thing. Kinda reminds me of a goobly gaping demon from dark souls. And I killed Patches. Hahahah. gently caress that guy.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

what’s patches ever done to you. he’s your friend til the end

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
That was uncharitably done… that was uncharitably done, dear friend

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

forgiveness is key!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I always keep Patches alive on all souls games but kill the gross spider-Patches to get all the loot.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

One of the best parts of the first Dark Souls is getting to the last boss then tracking down and dark hand draining all that sweet humanity from every NPC before killing them for their loot.

Some of them I feel bad about but not Patches!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Definitely not a fan of Ebrietas. Too much random chance in the fight. And I've run out of buffs so I'll come back later. One fight my summon will die in 5 seconds and I'll get wasted soon after. The next fight he survives and I get one shot out of nowhere. It's real fun.

I've got it down to 20% or so only to get 1 shot with the summons at near full health. The fight doesn't really seem fair. Luck seems to be a bigger factor than skill. I'll go do zombie king now, I guess.

Also I killed the super crazy hunter in the cathedral. That guy should be straight up a boss as he was harder than most of the bosses so far.

E: King Zombie down. He ended up being much easier than I thought. That was only my 2nd or 3rd try.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 13, 2021

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The L2 button on my DS4 doesn't spring back anymore, when I press the button it gets stuck and I have to manually return it to the initial position. Any ideas on how to fix that problem? Googling the issue i've seen people recommend either removing the spring or replacing it with a new one. The second solution sounds like it would be a better long-term fix but that would involve buying replacement springs and I'm not sure if I could even pull it off since I haven't done anything like it before.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Retcon posted:

The L2 button on my DS4 doesn't spring back anymore, when I press the button it gets stuck and I have to manually return it to the initial position. Any ideas on how to fix that problem? Googling the issue i've seen people recommend either removing the spring or replacing it with a new one. The second solution sounds like it would be a better long-term fix but that would involve buying replacement springs and I'm not sure if I could even pull it off since I haven't done anything like it before.

I replaced the spring in one of mine a while back and it was pretty painless. Only thing to be careful of is the connector for the touchpad.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mikolash was annoying. But he was also a little bitch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Would you like him more if he had a new hat?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd like him more if he didn't one shot me the first time I got to his 2nd room. I was ready for it the second time, though. Done for now. I know this is the last base game level. Should I just go straight into the DLC area after this or do the end boss first?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd like him more if he didn't one shot me the first time I got to his 2nd room. I was ready for it the second time, though. Done for now. I know this is the last base game level. Should I just go straight into the DLC area after this or do the end boss first?

Killing the End boss will automatically push you to NG+, so DLC first. You don’t want to do DLC on NG+

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ok. I'm pretty sure I'll start DLC tomorrow, then. Just remembered I have to go back and do Ebrietas, too. Ugh. I'm a bit stronger now so should be a bit easier.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

boz posted:

I replaced the spring in one of mine a while back and it was pretty painless. Only thing to be careful of is the connector for the touchpad.
Replacement parts are only 6 bucks on Amazon and I have someone who can help me if I'm absolutely stumped so I'll try replacing them, thanks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Ok. I'm pretty sure I'll start DLC tomorrow, then. Just remembered I have to go back and do Ebrietas, too. Ugh. I'm a bit stronger now so should be a bit easier.

The DLC is hella good. Did you not peek in there and grab any of the weapons yet? You could have been pizza cutting bad guys this whole time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Retcon posted:

Look for a Dualshock 4 guide at ifixit.com. That's how I fixed a stick with ghost imputs and was pretty easy. Loads of replacement parts on AliExpress and other sites and make sure you get one of these plastic picks to not damage the outer shell when opening it. And as pointed out, the connector for the touchpad.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Retcon posted:

Just adding to the chorus that replacing the spring is actually not hard at all. I did it on one of mine not long after launch (in fact, so soon after launch that no-one was selling replacement springs yet, I ended up using a spring from inside a floppy disk with the ends trimmed to size). Only things I'd say is, as someone else already pointed out, be careful of the touchpad connector when you open it up (as it connects the two halves of the shell if you wrenched it apart it could break) and when you open it up do it over a tray or something, in case one of the springs drops out. Which is what happened to me, I was opening up the controller to fix an unrelated issue (I think I was replacing a stick because the launch model had an issue with the quality of the rubber on them), but the left trigger spring dropped out onto the (dark grey) carpet and was gone forever*.

*and by forever I mean I found it when I stood on it in my bare feet months later, despite having hoovered many times inbetween.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Some Vanquish love:
https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1414665769581940738?s=19

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol how is it that good :allears:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Finally a game that actually supports his gratuitous use of slow down- oh never mind he had to add his own on top as well.

Surprised he didn't double slowdown the bullet time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Twibbit posted:

Finally a game that actually supports his gratuitous use of slow down- oh never mind he had to add his own on top as well.

Surprised he didn't double slowdown the bullet time.

I’d be a bigger fan of this Van Gogh if he didn’t use so much paint on his brushstrokes!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ebrietas dead. Workshop on fire.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

Ebrietas dead. Workshop on fire.

:bisonyes:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DLC time

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How long does the DLC take? I know it's only 4 or 5 bosses. I'm kinda over the game at this point. I'm going to finish the main game for sure as that's just a walk out the gate. I'm just not feeling enthused about the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
DLC has the best bosses fwiw. Not sure how long exactly but yeah there’s 5 bosses I think, one of which is optional and one of which is basically a gimmick boss