Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

0lives posted:

It's not ...bad, I suppose, I'd wait for it to be closer to being finished though. Terraria + dwarf fortress is a decent way to describe it. Ever play Diggles? It's like that, although not nearly as good. Hopefully it will be when it's done I guess. For some reason it has the crafting from Minecraft in it, where you have to assemble stuff. At least it writes down recipes you discover, but it seems to be a pointless time sink to me. All the dwarves have absolutely no personality, so they just work and eat and sleep, but you can possess them, Dungeon Keeper style and play around that way if you want.

One cool thing is every night you get attacked by monsters, and every week or something you get raided by a much larger force. Building defenses and equipping your dwarves is pretty fun. Game does have promise, but I'm not sure it'll ever get to where it should. Probably an OK buy at 8 bucks. (I'm probably going to go reinstall Diggles now though :v: )

I played this a while back, and I remember two of the major problems being that the dwarf AI was pretty terrible (terrible pathing, not picking up items they need) and that the game was sloooooooowwwwww. Have they fixed those problems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Grid 2 is pretty good and it allows you to pick a name for your commentator partner to call you, so I picked José because I laugh every time the guy goes "Okay José, time to power through this next corner" etc.

This is from a few pages back but in Dirt 2 you can have people call you Fuzzy Nuts. :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Deakul posted:

Well, that's annoying.

My gaming buddy lost interest in gaming entirely by the time I got a PC capable of proper gaming so I guess I'm poo poo out of luck.

I can be your gaming buddy

I'll be everybody's gaming buddy! Add me! :buddy:

(Edit: I should note that I don't have LP2, if anyone was going to add me for that. I'm not going to be suckered into "It's fun with co-op!" after RE6...)

Morter fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 21, 2014

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Morter posted:

I can be your gaming buddy

I'll be everybody's gaming buddy! Add me! :buddy:

(Edit: I should note that I don't have LP2, if anyone was going to add me for that. I'm not going to be suckered into "It's fun with co-op!" after RE6...)

I'll add you on Steam only if you promise to never play RE6 with me because any non-Mercs mode in that game is beyond terrible.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

I played this a while back, and I remember two of the major problems being that the dwarf AI was pretty terrible (terrible pathing, not picking up items they need) and that the game was sloooooooowwwwww. Have they fixed those problems?

Diggles? No, but it's got charm. :v:

But for realsies, no, not really. I never had trouble getting the dwarves to go to places or pick stuff up, so maybe they fixed that, but the game is still really really slow.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Indie multiplayer space combat game done by the same devs as Strike Suit Zero, just under a different name. I have it too and I'm assuming its because I bought Strike Suit Zero?

I came home from work and it's gone. So I guess I don't care anymore.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kaubocks posted:

I'll add you on Steam only if you promise to never play RE6 with me because any non-Mercs mode in that game is beyond terrible.

I'm bad at Mercs mode but I'll certainly play it :shobon:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Planet 2 doesn't really fall into the "it's fun in co-op" trap that RE6 etc falls into, as it is specifically designed for co-op. It's built around the very idea, to the point where in certain levels you actually split up into two teams and each has to do a different task.

I'd say the main problem is that the game can be a bit too obtuse with some elements. You'd never know, for example, that the shield actually has an alternative 'attack' which basically involves a huge loving laser shooting out of it if you didn't stumble upon it by accident.

That said, I still play LP2 a bit and I'd be happy to co-op/show people the ropes with the caveat that I don't have the greatest internet connection as I'm essentially tethered to my mobile phone's plan.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hackdaplanet

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Splits posted:

Are there ANY baseball games for pc?? I don't even need real rosters, but come on, not even one game where I can build a team and hit a ball and win a championship?

MLB 2k10, 2k11, 2k12, and MLB Front Office Manager?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

If any of you do play Lost Planet 2, I really do recommend playing with at least one friend. Also, Servbot Helms are mandatory:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Cardiovorax posted:

Good job, dude. Now all we need is for Internet Kraken to show up and we won't hear the end of this for another twenty pages

The thread can take it - I believe in you.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Shadow Tower: Abyss is From's finest game

literally true

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I'm pretty sure I don't need to convince anyone that Real Horror Stories Ultimate Edition is the worst game on Steam, but it might be the only one with a dead baby puzzle.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Indie gala serious bundle

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

http://store.steampowered.com/app/331120/ What is this crap?
Free to play. Yet 20 bucks to buy. Its description is that it is in fact a tech demo.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Splits posted:

Are there ANY baseball games for pc?? I don't even need real rosters, but come on, not even one game where I can build a team and hit a ball and win a championship?

I suffer with ya, buddy. I'm actually planning on buying either a used PS vita or a PlayStation TV just to play The Show on. I'm desperate.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Shannon Tweed's Attack of the Groupies

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nice. Bad Rats in the BTA tier.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Am I to understand this bundle will unleash more Bad Rats unto this earth?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Drunk Tomato posted:

I suffer with us, buddy. I'm actually planning on buying either a used PS vita or a PlayStation TV just to play The Show on. I'm desperate.

join us, in the vita anime family

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Fun times ahead

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Fun times ahead

Censored hentai games are the saddest thing in the world.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Tempest_56 posted:

Is front office simulator the proper term for that style? I've got a soft spot for those kinds, but they're few and far between.

Yeah, OotP is definitely a front office simulator. You can draft, manage personnel all through your minor and major league system, trade, sign FAs, etc. You can also automate some of those things. It's also a field level simulator too, so you can take on the role of manager and make lineups, pitching changes, execute plays during each game, or you can automate some or all of that entire process as well. You just can't directly control the players like most console baseball games do.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
While not a traditional baseball game, Lethal League is pretty great.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Best baseball sim is still rbi baseball and I won't hear otherwise

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Awesome! posted:

Being in the tier below Bad Rats is probably the biggest insult your game could ever possibly receive.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Awesome! posted:

I actually played this. I should make a write-up.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

This is a really rough bundle.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Fun times ahead

I like the sim tag. What is it a simulation of?

RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009
catgirl sim

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

a wet dream

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I feel like it's a bit too weird to have there be cat girls in your game but still give them pet names. Like that just brings them that step over the line into "no dude play our game if you totally want to gently caress a cat" territory.

edit: Oh it even says in the description that they are being raised by the family yeah I dunno about this

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

CJacobs posted:

I like the sim tag. What is it a simulation of?

my friday nights

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I feel like it's a bit too weird to have there be cat girls in your game but still give them pet names. Like that just brings them that step over the line into "no dude play our game if you totally want to gently caress a cat" territory.

edit: Oh it even says in the description that they are being raised by the family yeah I dunno about this

Don't worry... It is made of win, and epic.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

YCS would have loved this game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Freak Futanari posted:

Don't worry... It is made of win, and epic.

Oh good that's a relief

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Hayao Miyazaki posted:

It's difficult. They immediately become the subjects of lolicon fetishism. In a sense, if we want to depict someone who is affirmative to us, we have no choice but to make them as lovely as possible. But now, there are too many people who shamelessly depict [such heroines] as if they just want [such girls] as pets, and things are escalating more and more.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Japan ftw

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

This. Just this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

In a just world only the Japanese and Eastern Europeans would be allowed to make videogames, but alas.

• Locked thread