Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Keeshhound posted:

What's the funniest superhero unmasking you can think of? I feel like it's a story element with a lot of potential since with the kind of persona Bruce Wayne projects, discovering that he's Batman should be like discovering that Perez Hilton is a superhero.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but Mark Waid had some fun with everyone knowing Matt Murdock was Daredevil but him still publically denying it.

(Not sure on issue numbers, but it's from Waid's first run on Daredevil)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Vincent posted:

The one in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon where Flash and Lex Luthor swap bodies. Lex goes and unmasks himself saying "Well, at least I'll know who Flash is" and doesn't recognize him. Which makes sense. Why would a billionaire super-villain from metropolis recognize the face of a random dude from Keystone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

There was also the Superman story where Lex programs a supercomputer to figure out who Superman really is, and when the machine tells him, "Clark Kent," Lex immediately decides something must have gone wrong because no way would Superman ever go around pretending to be some nobody reporter.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
IIRC, in Ultimate Spider-Man, Peter took his mask off for Black Cat, whereupon she immediately freaked the hell out because the dashing, clever, sexy superhero she was panting for turned out to be a pimply high-school dork.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Skwirl posted:

Not exactly what you're looking for, but Mark Waid had some fun with everyone knowing Matt Murdock was Daredevil but him still publically denying it.

Wasn't there a legal thing where it was proven in court that Matt Murdock was not Daredevil, as well?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Selachian posted:

There was also the Superman story where Lex programs a supercomputer to figure out who Superman really is, and when the machine tells him, "Clark Kent," Lex immediately decides something must have gone wrong because no way would Superman ever go around pretending to be some nobody reporter.

That one's a classic and does some nice things to establish Lex's character (or at least that version of it).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Selachian posted:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Wasn't there a legal thing where it was proven in court that Matt Murdock was not Daredevil, as well?

In Bendis' run he sued the publisher who outed him and either won or it was settled out of court with an admission of guilt by the publisher, I don't quite remember. I need to get around to finishing Brubaker's run, there might be something in there about it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

FMguru posted:

IIRC, in Ultimate Spider-Man, Peter took his mask off for Black Cat, whereupon she immediately freaked the hell out because the dashing, clever, sexy superhero she was panting for turned out to be a pimply high-school dork.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
LOL I forget she puked on his crotch.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

Flash in Lex's body uses the restroom and doesn't wash his hands. Because he's eeeevil.

"My fellow bad guys..."

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Wheat Loaf posted:

"My fellow bad guys..."

"Just to make sure none of you guys screw this heist up, why don't each of you explain your parts in The Plan?"

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

God, what a great episode.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

biracial bear for uncut posted:

"Just to make sure none of you guys screw this heist up, why don't each of you explain your parts in The Plan?"

"My - Lex Luthor's - plan. ... My villainous, villainous plan. Question the plan at your peril! ... ... Uhhhh... Any questions?"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

hup posted:

God, what a great episode.

Except for the consent issues.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toshimo posted:

Elaborate please.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rhyno posted:

Elaborate please.

I've never seen the episode, but I doubt Flash consented to having Lex Luthor take over his brain. It's a dick move, big time.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Rhyno posted:

Elaborate please.

The part where Flash has sex with Lex's girlfriend when she thinks he's Lex.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toshimo posted:

The part where Flash has sex with Lex's girlfriend when she thinks he's Lex.

This never happens.

prefect posted:

I've never seen the episode, but I doubt Flash consented to having Lex Luthor take over his brain. It's a dick move, big time.

Wasn't it an accident?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Rhyno posted:

This never happens.

From what I remember it's pretty heavily implied (they go offscreen and Flash yells "This isn't very restful!" And the later she indicates that she knew he wasn't Lex because he gave a poo poo about her as a person, which is also why she didn't care that he wasn't Lex (and why she didn't tell the other villains.)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keeshhound posted:

From what I remember it's pretty heavily implied (they go offscreen and Flash yells "This isn't very restful!" And the later she indicates that she knew he wasn't Lex because he gave a poo poo about her as a person, which is also why she didn't care that he wasn't Lex (and why she didn't tell the other villains.)

It's never explicitly said to have been sex and could have just as easily been a massage or any number of other things. Is there commentary backing it up?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I need the producer on tape saying "they had sex" before I stop being an apologist for a fictional rape. Those are the goalposts, now get to them.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
yeah maybe it was a :airquote: massage :airquote:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To not be restful makes it a lovely massage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

To not be restful makes it a lovely massage.

It could be a deep tissue one, I imagine Lex Luthor gets stress induced muscle knots fairly frequently.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Rhyno posted:

It's never explicitly said to have been sex and could have just as easily been a massage or any number of other things. Is there commentary backing it up?

It's the Diniverse, everybody working on it was perverts trying to sneak stuff past the censors. They boned.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Come on mistah j, don't you wanna ride your Harley

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

It's the Diniverse, everybody working on it was perverts trying to sneak stuff past the censors. They boned.

They actually cut a joke because it was only in there for the censors to flag so they could get away with something else (First Ivy/Harley team-up, Joker shows up and calls them busy little beavers).

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Skwirl posted:

In Bendis' run he sued the publisher who outed him and either won or it was settled out of court with an admission of guilt by the publisher, I don't quite remember. I need to get around to finishing Brubaker's run, there might be something in there about it.

Liability. Liability is for a civil context. Guilt is only for crimes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ManiacClown posted:

Liability. Liability is for a civil context. Guilt is only for crimes.

IANAL

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
As much as I hate to be the internet dingus trying to justify his statement that two animated characters in a children's television show we're dirty sex-havers, here's the evidence and you can judge for yourself:

Scene 1:

quote:

Tala: Rest in here, darling.
Tala pulls Flash/Lex into a dark room.
Flash/Lex: Hey, that's not resful.

Scene 2:

quote:

Tala enters hanging on Lex/Flash's shoulder.
Tala: Baby, you're so different. So attentive. So caring. So... enthusiastic! I like it.

So, yeah, maybe I'm the idiot pervert and they were just playing pattycake. And maybe the joker was too stressed to ride his motorcycle.

I feel dumb for even engaging in this.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What even IS sex?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Push El Burrito posted:

What even IS sex?

Here. Have a funny panel about massages.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Toshimo posted:

I think cutting him is just a formality at that point Diana. :drat:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Push El Burrito posted:

What even IS sex?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toshimo posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skwirl posted:

It should have gotten old by now but I never fail to laugh at stories about everybody knowing Matt is Daredevil:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Toshimo posted:

If the issue around consent turns on the idea that the Flash impersonating Lex Luthor and has sex with Lex's girlfriend is problematic* that is cured by the fact that she knew or suspected that it was another person pretending to be Lex and went ahead anyway.

*= There is also the fact that it is not like Wally sought out said nookie. He just didn't turn it down for fear it might blow his cover.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

As for funny unmasking panels, I loved how the world re-acted to Peter Parkers unmasking. Particularly Norman Osborn loosing his shut because this was a violation of the rules in their game. Or some such mad logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Keeshhound posted:

What's the funniest superhero unmasking you can think of? I feel like it's a story element with a lot of potential since with the kind of persona Bruce Wayne projects, discovering that he's Batman should be like discovering that Perez Hilton is a superhero.

I'd always liked these two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsXO_nR4k1k&t=104s

The Question IRL posted:

As for funny unmasking panels, I loved how the world re-acted to Peter Parkers unmasking. Particularly Norman Osborn loosing his shut because this was a violation of the rules in their game. Or some such mad logic.

Civil War finished around the time I began reading comics, what was JJJ reaction?