Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

i probably missed some stuff but whatever
Okeanos was mentioned but there's also Extella.

I remember asking about Apocrypha a couple months back and being told to just look up the fights, and having slow burned through it I see why. I did enjoy getting some insights on Mordred at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Sophism posted:

I feel like Leff's betrayal and her death should have both happened in a later singularity. I didn't really get much time to become attached to her.

She's basically just Rin 1.5, so a lot of people were attached to her from the start.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

The 1000 days reward in FGO is 10 saint quartz

I feel like I shouldn't be disappointed with DW anymore but here I am, disappointed

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I am a firm believer the 1000-day stuff is a blue rider gem-type swerve.

Vengarr posted:

Just read the VN.

I feel the movie did some good stuff developing and selling Sakura and Shinji's relationship to Shirou, which helps reinforce the overall story.
(People still miss it though, especially when it comes to Shinji, but what can you do)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 23, 2018

Nyarlabaoth
Jul 12, 2017

Endorph posted:

fate/hollow ataraxia

drat, is f/ha that good? I kinda forgot about it after I lost hope for a patch to ever come out. Might give it a chance then.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Despite people telling me that FHA was good for years I think at least on some level I inwardly scoffed at the notion and in general put off playing it until a voice patch materialized; having done so, it's now probably my favorite T-M work. It nearly perfectly balances comedy, drama, and heartfelt character moments. Arguably lighter on the action than vanilla FSN but it still has some pretty cool moments.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

F/HA is absolutely fantastic on pretty much every level and one of the best works in the franchise.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Kyte posted:

I am a firm believe the 1000-day stuff is a blue rider gem-type swerve.

Yea, I'm fairly certain of that as well, whoever they have in charge of this stuff seems to like trolling the playerbase to some extent.

FHA has less action scenes than FSN, but it also has the battle at the bridge which is totally fantastic and was directed by Monoji Tsukuri. Looking back, FHA was a precursor to Mahoyo in a lot of ways.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nyarlabaoth posted:

drat, is f/ha that good? I kinda forgot about it after I lost hope for a patch to ever come out. Might give it a chance then.

Like most fandisks it's very uneven. There some very good stuff in it, but there's also some quite weak stuff and the very random way you access the scenes means that the tonal shifts feel somewhat out of control a lot of the time. Still, the good parts probably still make it one of the better entries in the franchise.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gologle posted:

That's part of the reason anyone missing Olga is baffling to me. I don't even remember Olga exists until someone brings her up tbh.

She's very memorable in Riyo's comics.

Pureauthor posted:

Her being short tempered is kinda excusable by (a) knowing that the human race is gonna die In a year but knowing why and (b) her facility having just been exploded.

Also other stuff not revealed in the NA version yet.

How far is NA right now? I thought part 1 was finished.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
NA got America a month ago, we ain't even close to finishing part I

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

How far is NA right now? I thought part 1 was finished.

They just finished America, they're not finishing Part 1 until the end of the year.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Passionlip using a smartphone

https://twitter.com/metancone/status/988059468624674817/photo/1

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I just downloaded this game. If I only want to play this game for the story, should I just give up right now and just read or wait for the anime?

I'm still in the tutorial and I expect the difficulty is going to spike once I'm out of Fuyuki.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 23, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I really liked all of Waver's scenes with Kayneth, especially the last one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ChronoReverse posted:

I just downloaded this game. If I only want to play this game for the story, should I just give up right now and just read or wait for the anime?

I'm still in the tutorial and I expect the difficulty is going to spike once I'm out of Fuyuki.

The difficulty doesn't really start to show until late America, you can basically coast on support units until then. If you don't really wanna invest you can just read plot transcripts no doubt available online instead tho tbh.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

ChronoReverse posted:

Anime won't be in forever afaik, 3 years in and they've only animated the Fuyuki story.

The story content isn't particularly difficult up to now (although the next story chapter will be a bit of a spike) and ultimately all content is clearable with 3* and below servants. The best policy is to roll for waifu.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ChronoReverse posted:

I wouldn't wait for an anime, there's only been one and despite this game's popularity as far as I know there's been zero indication that more is on the way. Also it wasn't really THAT great all told.

If all you care about is story then the game is more than easy enough to get through while F2Ping, though that's obviously no guarantee the grind and gacha won't get its hooks into you anyway.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ChronoReverse posted:

I don't think there's ever likely to be an anime adaptation of the full story. The game's an RPG, so ultimately it's never really all that difficult, just very grindy.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

If all you care about is story then the game is more than easy enough to get through while F2Ping, though that's obviously no guarantee the grind and gacha won't get its hooks into you anyway.
That's what I wanted to hear. I don't mind some grinding so I guess I'll see how far I can get.

Oh, servants don't level up on their as I use them. I should've noticed that earlier.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 23, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

ChronoReverse posted:

That's what I wanted to hear. I don't mind some grinding so I guess I'll see how far I can get.

Oh, servants don't level up on their as I use them. I should've noticed that earlier.

Yeah you gotta feed the XP embers. If you want join the discord we're all happy to answer questions and debate about if Elisabeth Bathory or Merlin or Artoria is bad or not.

Also post your friend code so we can provide you a great selection of friend support servants.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I just rolled on the quartz gacha by tapping my phone twice accidentally instead of the FP one like I meant to for the first time. :toot:

:negative::mad:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Surely there is no debate as to whether or not Artoria is bad?

She's bad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Artoria Pendragon is a character from the video game series Fate/Stay Night known under the moniker of Saber, her class title. She is a character you may or may not like depending on your personal preference.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cuntellectual posted:

I just rolled on the quartz gacha by tapping my phone twice accidentally instead of the FP one like I meant to for the first time. :toot:

:negative::mad:
I have definitely had close calls with this; I think Ibram infamously did this by accident trying for Angra in JP and wound up with two extra copies of Merlin. Which is even worse, IMO.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hey I did it just the other night!

I got trash.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sodium Chloride posted:

She's bad.

glad fate fans save me the time of playing a big VN by telling me it's bad upfront.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I've done it, that is how I have NP2 Caster Cu.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

She's bad.

Seiba is in fact the best.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria's the best and I will never use another 5* Saber.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Artoria is probably going to end up being my next 10/10/10 servant after I finish off Mash's last skill.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Saber is the dead center of my personal "how much do I like this Fate character" barometer. (Jalter is top, Sieg is bottom.)

Nate RFB posted:

I have definitely had close calls with this; I think Ibram infamously did this by accident trying for Angra in JP and wound up with two extra copies of Merlin. Which is even worse, IMO.

I got two 5*....

...Craft essence.

Before Awakening (no idea if it's any good) and Be Elegant (same).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Artoria does the job of slapping enemies with Excalibur, I'm not asking much from her

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah you gotta feed the XP embers. If you want join the discord we're all happy to answer questions and debate about if Elisabeth Bathory or Merlin or Artoria is bad or not.

Also post your friend code so we can provide you a great selection of friend support servants.

Oh wow, they don't even give enough quartz to do a full pull after the tutorial huh.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
seiba a cute

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Sodium Chloride posted:

She's bad.

Artoria owns, if I didn't already have Altera, Mordred and Salter I'd definitely roll for her.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Artoria isn't bad, she's just kind of boring in a prism of other Sabers that all seem to be more interesting/fun than she is in one regard or another.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Artoria is cute and I would not complain if I pulled her on the gacha, same with Salter. But, unless I was running through an All Lancers stage, I dunno if I could find room for her on my team, since I already have Okita as my top Saber friend.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

ChronoReverse posted:

Oh wow, they don't even give enough quartz to do a full pull after the tutorial huh.
It's a big deal if they did, because that would allow someone to reroll to try for a specific servant. There are periods of time where this is possible though, such as the game's initial launch where they gave out like 20 quartz or something as part of the launch campaign. Windows like this happen every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTJJnJfU28k&t=204s

I showed it in the Discord but I figured I'd put it here as well, here's a neat video demonstrating the NP-chaining potential that Hundred-Faced Persona Hassan has. She is 10/10/10 in this video, admittedly, but she's also using His Rightful Place which isn't a CE that particularly helps her with NP spamming, so there's some wiggle room there.