Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Wait, where is this voting and how can I see what the options are? I'd love to see what horrible designs people have submitted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Wait, where is this voting and how can I see what the options are? I'd love to see what horrible designs people have submitted.
There's a link to it back on the previous page: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=74126

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Damnit, I wanted that Camden High Society outfit. I wanted to look like a classy, self-important motherfucker.

None of the female outfits are even wearable by my character, I'm basically just voting for Orochi because it looks unwearably nice.

EDIT: Looks like Ballistic Veil's on track to winning the female voting, because pubbies are incapable of realizing when they are voting for something unnecessary. Seriously, like 90% sure we already have body armor.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 1, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

Damnit, I wanted that Camden High Society outfit. I wanted to look like a classy, self-important motherfucker.

None of the female outfits are even wearable by my character, I'm basically just voting for Orochi because it looks unwearably nice.

EDIT: Looks like Ballistic Veil's on track to winning the female voting, because pubbies are incapable of realizing when they are voting for something unnecessary. Seriously, like 90% sure we already have body armor.

No see. The Ballistic Veil is black instead of being white like the Orochi armor we have now. That makes all the difference.

And you KNOW that if it wins it's just going to be a recolored Orochi armor.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

HughGRect posted:

HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Look's like the person who submitted that outfit that the pubbies loved so much was disqualified. So we have a second chance to get this into the game:

Go Vote.

I support bath robes and You Should Too.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
A total of 245 people have voted in this poll so far. That's... a little sad for an MMO.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

guppy posted:

A total of 245 people have voted in this poll so far. That's... a little sad for an MMO.
To be fair you have to actually go into your game account details and enable your forums account to vote in polls or even post there. It's a bit more involved than other MMOs so a lot of people probably gave up because it was too hard.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Mercurius posted:

To be fair you have to actually go into your game account details and enable your forums account to vote in polls or even post there. It's a bit more involved than other MMOs so a lot of people probably gave up because it was too hard.

And the re-vote wasn't really stated, so most people probably aren't aware of it. (EDIT: And it's not in the most visible part of the forum, either.)

The thing I find strangest right now is that the male thread's replies are all the gently caress over the Ballistic Veil set, they goddamn love it, while the female thread's pretty united in their distaste of it and love for the Orochi outfit... yet Ballistic's winning the female poll, and starting to lose even its second place in the male poll. There's a very strange disconnect here.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 1, 2013

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Never try to understand what goes on in the mind of a pubbie, you'll just end up driving yourself as insane as most of them are.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I'd be okay with the psychiatric patient if we can't get easy living since it'll let me pretend to be Krieg from Borderlands 2.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Has anyone checked this months item of the month?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Has anyone checked this months item of the month?

Yeah, and I am not sure what to make of it.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I like your taco tracker.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

Yeah, and I am not sure what to make of it.

That's certainly a thing. That's going to be pet 24 I think.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Thanks for the help. :)

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Len posted:

That's certainly a thing. That's going to be pet 24 I think.
What the hell is it?

At least it's not one of those big head pets I guess.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Jesus. Logging in today I've never seen Agartha so...empty.

I love this game to bits and sights like that make me a bit afraid for it :ohdear:

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 1, 2013

elhondo
Sep 20, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The weekend wasn't bad - tendrils went down pretty fast.

But this event is pretty monotonous at this stage.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

elhondo posted:

The weekend wasn't bad - tendrils went down pretty fast.

But this event is pretty monotonous at this stage.

Yeah, it's an event that's loads better than the anniversary event, but it doesn't have a lot of meat to it. I'd say most people probably already have the rewards they want from the vendor, too, which slows it down.

What we actually need is loving content. Events are a band-aid solution at best, we loving need those scenarios and Funcom kind of need to get cracking on that.

EDIT: If you haven't voted for the female outfit yet, do it. It is a dead heat between Ballistic Veil and Orochi, and I'm going to be very mad if the Geary outfit loses to a boring-as-hell retread of something I already have three of in my wardrobe.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 2, 2013

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Cleretic posted:

EDIT: If you haven't voted for the female outfit yet, do it. It is a dead heat between Ballistic Veil and Orochi, and I'm going to be very mad if the Geary outfit loses to a boring-as-hell retread of something I already have three of in my wardrobe.

I hate that I am doing something you want, but I have to agree it's the better choice. So I just put it ahead by one vote. That's how close it is right now.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

guppy posted:

I hate that I am doing something you want, but I have to agree it's the better choice. So I just put it ahead by one vote. That's how close it is right now.
I voted as well but it's back to a dead heat again :smith:. Ballistic is so goddamn boring.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mercurius posted:

I voted as well but it's back to a dead heat again :smith:. Ballistic is so goddamn boring.

It's tacticool to go with the tacticool headpiece that won last time. No one should really be surprised by this.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Len posted:

It's tacticool to go with the tacticool headpiece that won last time. No one should really be surprised by this.

But it's actually losing by a fair margin for the guys, coming behind the legitimately great Psychiatric Patient. The disconnect is what surprises me.

If Funcom were smart, they'd probably make two; a Ballistic Veil for both genders since it's getting a relatively good showing all around, and a gender-specific Psychiatric Patient/Orochi combo.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 2, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

They'll double up with the high-voted stuff from the Subscriber Item vote, and we'll get ballistic-plated kilt fedoras with bow ties.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

They'll double up with the high-voted stuff from the Subscriber Item vote, and we'll get ballistic-plated kilt fedoras with bow ties.

I agree, we will most likely see all of these outfits over the next year. Whenever the artists run out of ideas they will pick one of these randomly

:toot:Joel says the portable bank is close.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 2, 2013

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, it's an event that's loads better than the anniversary event, but it doesn't have a lot of meat to it. I'd say most people probably already have the rewards they want from the vendor, too, which slows it down.

Like, I understand the words that are there, but they are incomprehensible.

Grind the same content you do all the time for the same loot you get all the time to craft nothings to put in a box to unlock a mission that you run endlessly that is fun the first time... well, fun to look at, not to do.

vs.

Get in big huge groups and run around and kill crazy golems that are just big silly blown-up versions of the same golems we've got anyway except for the one with, like, no texture at all while coordinating it like crazy with a poo poo-ton of pubbies or goons or whoever and then running to the next one or maybe logging on an alt or whatever and wheeeeeeee!

I don't even have enough fragments to get the pants yet on one toon because this event is SO BORING. If I try really hard I can run through all my alts, maybe twice on my main (running through all 4 will kill the cooldown easy) Then I'm burnt out, time for SWTOR or something. But I killed hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of golems. It was 8 hours of golems a day during the 'Rage. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. I sure could use wild and zany filth golems popping up somewhere though. I hope the next stage is more interesting, but I'm anticipating "stick materials in box" for a while.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I wish there was a coherent list of things you can buy with Veteran Points somewhere. I've found this and that hidden throughout the store and it's damned frustrating.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
gently caress that, I finally created my forum login just to spite Claretta & Co. Say no to tacticool crap :argh:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

I checked the tentacles again. Looks like they'll all be down on Friday night / Saturday morning PST.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Orochi has pulled ahead by 9 votes :woop:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Mercurius posted:

Orochi has pulled ahead by 9 votes :woop:

The saddest aprt is that we probalby won't get it before Halloween, so I can't have my Illuminati be Kirsten Geary for Halloween.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
So I finally (finally!) got Vampires Aren't Forever and yet again the reward isn't obvious (or it didn't give it to me, which, Funcom being Funcom...). So, anyone want to help out and tell me what the reward was supposed to be?

EDIT: aha, I figured out how to make the stupid box show me the reward (mouseover, although apparently it has to be juuuust right) and the reward is "Shadow Out of Time" title. I'm down with that.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 3, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I bet they make it anyway. The creator isn't eligible to win the contest, but Funcom can still use their design if they let them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

quote:

Update notes for 1.8
**These notes do not necessarily reflect the final version that will be deployed on Live**

NEW!
* The first Scenario, Hotel Wahid, is now available for testing! Scenarios are simulated training environments where players select a destination, group size, and difficulty, and will then have to protect NPCs while facing hordes of enemies. In this version, you will be able to tackle the Solo group size for the Daytime difficulty of Hotel Wahid.

GENERAL
* Adjusted the experience awarded to groups, depending on group size (awards are unchanged for solo play and for groups of five)
* Gadgets will no longer trigger the global cooldown when used
* Updated the simple description for Sudden Return
* Fixed an issue with the tooltip for the heal value of My Bloody Valentine
* Resolved an issue that could leave the boss area for Aspect of the Long-Toothed inaccessible for future players when the boss despawns

COMBAT
* Deadly Aim now applies a debuff to all affected party members which prevents them from receiving the Deadly Aim effect for 90 seconds
* Calling the Shots now also reduces the duration of the Deadly Aim blocker effect
* Breaching Shot now applies a debuff to all affected party members which prevents them from receiving the Breaching Shot effect for 90 seconds
* Breach Party now also reduces the duration of the Breaching Shot blocker effect

* Fixed an issue where Aftershock could trigger more than once
* Splatter should now affect Health Drone and Linked Veins
* Misdirection can no longer be used on friendly NPCs
* Fixed an issue where Chain Feed woudld not affect all healing chains
* Sleight of Hand should be usable while silenced now
* Groundwork will no longer erroneously build resources for your secondary weapon
* Suppressing Fire should now add resources more reliably when multiple players are shooting the same target
* The cooldown of Death From Above will now be properly reduced when using both Rocket Science and Double Dash

ITEMS
* Fixed an issue that caused the reward bags from the Golem Anniversary Event to malfunction if players had the pet given by the bag stored in their bank
* Replaced the temporary text being used by Mark of the Illuminati/Dragon/Templar/etc. in the combat log
* It is no longer possible to stack the Signet of Salvation effect

GUI
* Character sheet will now remember which stats were displayed when it was last closed
* Fixed an issue where the camera would zoom in while scrolling through the Dressing Room
* Notifications for new lore entries now disappear after the lore is read
* Notifications for new achievements with sub-achievements now disappear when the sub achievement list is expanded
* Lore and Achievements are now marked as "old" as soon as they are read, rather than waiting until the notification fades out
* Added text for rarity levels to item tooltips
* Added a new Lockout Timers GUI accessible through the main menu, pressing Shift+L, or clicking the lockout buff

CLOTHING
* Fixed an issue that would cause a character's legs to disappear when wearing the Ritual Coat over certain dresses
* Fixed an issue that would cause a character's legs to disappear when wearing the Innsmouth hoodie over certain dresses
* Fixed an issue that would cause a character's legs to disappear when wearing certain coat items over the Meat is Murder - Butcher apron
* Fixed a case where the Delta Force - Right arm wrap would not always display on characters
* Adjusted a bad seam caused by the My Flair Lady shirt
* Adjusted the Creepy Equine and Unicorn hats to reduce clipping with shirt collars

MISSIONS
New York
* Training Day - Fixed a clipping issue with Kirsten Geary during her cinematic

Kingsmouth Town
* Death and the Instruments Thereof - Fixed an issue in the cinematic that caused Sandy "Moose" Jansen's leg to move unnaturally

The Scorched Desert
* Old Gods, New Tricks - Fixed a clipping issue that occurred with Tanis during the cinematic for this mission

City of the Sun God
* The Dark Places - Fixed a typo in the opening cinematic

The Shadowy Forest
* When the Hatchet Falls - Removed an extra period in the subtitles for this mission

The Carpathian Fangs
* You Only Die Twice - Fixed a clipping issue with Dragan Dzoavich's headset
* The Sound of Children - Fixed a clipping issue with Lilith during a cinematic in this mission

WORLD DESIGN
* Removed an invisible barrier that was blocking a ramp in El Dorado
* Fixed an issue that allowed players to reach unintended areas of N'gha-Pei the Corpse-Island (NY Lair Raid)
* Collision tightened around the Squalid Hekaturgist in The Black Ankh
* Fixed a location in Blue Mountain where players could get stuck between some rocks
* Fixed a location in Blue Mountain where players could get stuck under a tree
* Fixed some missing collision in Shambhala which allowed players to reach unintended areas
* Fixed a location on The Last Train to Cairo where players could get stuck on crates
* Fixed a location in Fusang that allowed players to reach unintended areas

WELP. Called it.

Len fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 3, 2013

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Those are some high quality patch notes, long live the shotgun/pistol nerfs.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

No change to eleforce though.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

Here's hoping that the DPS gain from the Augmentation system will offset the loss from non-constant Breaching Shots/Deadly Aims. In which case, rock on, because this allows for more weapon variety, keeps group DPS from skyrocketing to obscene levels in 1.8, and avoids breaking most/all current encounters.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Len posted:

No change to eleforce though.

Eleforce is eternal! Cut off one head and two more will sprout in its place! :unsmigghh:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Oh, and Gadgets no longer trigger the global cooldown (i.e. one second before you can use abilities), so you no longer need to use them during Shootout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Well when Halloween comes around, I expect to see players wearing angel/demon wings.

• Locked thread