Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I shot one of those water things when I first got there and was really disgusted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i actually think dragonslayer armour might be my favorite fight

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

i actually think dragonslayer armour might be my favorite fight

its got a great arena

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

I've been playing this game all night and I just beat my first lord of cinder. Every time I play I find so much more space to explore, it's unreal.

I was afraid that I wasn't going to see Patches again in order to give Siegward his armor back since I couldn't find him after he locked me in the bell tower but I found him while I was moping around firelink lmao. The last thing I wanted was a repeat of when I accidentally broke Eileen's questline in bb.

Soral
May 30, 2009

completing siegward's questline is Very Important, in my opinion

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Tfw you're fatrolling through a poison swamp and just before a Giant Enemy Crab gets to you it gets impaled by your giant bro from 2 levels earlier.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so, apart from +1 rings and stuff, there isnt anything different about NG+. no new enemy placement or anything. so they were totally bullshitting in some interview i read lol

i mean its still fun cause everything deals like 5x damage but i really wanted to see some crazy poo poo. this was one of the best parts of dks2 :(

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Just beat the Abyss Watchers...good lord what an amazing boss fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lmao, there's people in the game thread repeatedly posting information about NPC quests to people asking questions and I know for a fact they're ridiculously wrong about almost every one.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
http://steamforged.com/dark-souls-kickstarter

I might be a retard but I'm stoked about this

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm getting pretty close to the end of the game I think. I'm feeling a little bit sad at how kinda small some of these later areas are but then I realized they're basically normal size, and it's just that the early areas in 3 are fuckhuge.

I think I have 3 main story bosses and 2 optional bosses left.

Been wondering if I should go ahead and slab my main weapon or not. I dunno if I'm ready for the prime time of top tier invaders that will come my way once I do so.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm getting pretty close to the end of the game I think. I'm feeling a little bit sad at how kinda small some of these later areas are but then I realized they're basically normal size, and it's just that the early areas in 3 are fuckhuge.

I think I have 3 main story bosses and 2 optional bosses left.

Been wondering if I should go ahead and slab my main weapon or not. I dunno if I'm ready for the prime time of top tier invaders that will come my way once I do so.

It's less about who can invade you and more about who you can invade imo

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

so, apart from +1 rings and stuff, there isnt anything different about NG+. no new enemy placement or anything. so they were totally bullshitting in some interview i read lol

i mean its still fun cause everything deals like 5x damage but i really wanted to see some crazy poo poo. this was one of the best parts of dks2 :(

I read the same thing in several different places about NG+ and then I found out all they changed was the rings and soul items are upgraded versions early on. Really disappointing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So where the gently caress do I go after The Devourer Of Gods

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

lmao, there's people in the game thread repeatedly posting information about NPC quests to people asking questions and I know for a fact they're ridiculously wrong about almost every one.

I hate that forum

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

http://steamforged.com/dark-souls-kickstarter

I might be a retard but I'm stoked about this

K00l.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

So where the gently caress do I go after The Devourer Of Gods

You go underground yet? Look for a way down

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

They got Smough's eyeball scrote neck underflap just right

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

You go underground yet? Look for a way down

Oh yeah.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I can't wait until everyone is far enough along for imp zone fight club night

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Road of sacrifices NG+ is gonna be swarming with undead legion cosplayers it's gonna be sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may abandon my plan to max out this covenant and just move on

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think stuff like that is bad. you should be able to see as much as possible in 1 playthrough

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

I may abandon my plan to max out this covenant and just move on

Fret not more hype pvp awaits, stay embered my friend

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Darkmoon covenant is so retarded to get to lol. You have to walk on an invisible bridge after backtracking through an elevator

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

The Darkmoon covenant is so retarded to get to lol. You have to walk on an invisible bridge after backtracking through an elevator

Sounds cool to me

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

You also have to manage to not break another NPC's questline too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

QQ more

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Sounds cool to me

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Seed of giant + dried knuckle + way of blue in zones with defender covenants is good stuff. It's a huge six phantom clusterfuck with hosts/white/gold/blues phantoms vs. defender/red phantoms vs. purple phantoms vs. all enemies in the environment.
Seeds of giants regenerate on the tree giant in firelink every time you get invaded btw

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Recommend me a good pvp weapon I hate all of mine. Butchers knife is ok not great, drang hammers are way too slow, old wolf greatsword is alright. Vordts hammer is ok

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

45 minutes with no summon, I suppose it's time to move on. At least I got one reward out of it

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

45 minutes with no summon, I suppose it's time to move on. At least I got one reward out of it

Everyone will have +10 weapon equivalents in NG+, see you in gamer heaven

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I thought it was retarded, in a good way. I found it without a guide

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

Recommend me a good pvp weapon I hate all of mine. Butchers knife is ok not great, drang hammers are way too slow, old wolf greatsword is alright. Vordts hammer is ok

Farron Greatsword, Sellsword Twinblades, or just any ol' straight sword that has Slash/Thrust moveset.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Benny D posted:

Hollowslayer Greatsword is my current weaponfu. Feels amazing

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Hollowslayer Greatsword is my current weaponfu. Feels amazing

I wonder if the hollow damage bonus on that works against other players

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Choosing between options for a boss soul transposition feels as exciting and meaningful as choosing a Pokemon starter.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Choosing between options for a boss soul transposition feels as exciting and meaningful as choosing a Pokemon starter.

Some of the later boss souls have three options... paralyzed by choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

All the weapons I want (greatbows, lance and lance style weapons) you dont get until the late game. FML

• Locked thread